Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 14th July 2005, 12:43   #241
Wolfgang
Forum King

This never used to happen with this exact same version of JTF (0.96ff): having "keep the JTFE dialog open when using Enter" unchecked - sometimes it still stays open after using enter, but not always. I upgraded to 5.09 after I had to reinstall windows. After noticing this issue with JTFE I downgraded to 5.07 (which I had before, where JTFE worked fine), but the same still happens.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 17:37   #242
mrym

crash report:

clean installed wa5.093(winamp.exe, in_mp3.dll, out_ds.dll only) with clean installed jtfe0.97R build11(default settings).
1: load file(s) to playlisteditor.
2: open pref and check "Jump To File > Display > Formatting Option > Don't show separator:// entries in the search results".
3: open jtf window from the right click menu or "J" key.
result: winamp crashes.
running on w2k sp4.
this problem is 100% reproducable for me. anyone?
Attached Files
File Type: txt debugdmp.txt (5.9 KB, 579 views)

Last edited by mrym; 14th July 2005 at 17:54.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 21:05   #243
siebe83
Forum King

Yup, same issue as mrym on XP sp2.

[edit]
Step 1: "load file(s) to playlisteditor.", may be rephrased to 'add a file to the playlist editor'.

When I just load a file in Winamp by pressing open button and then perform the other steps, I don't get the issue. It only happens for me when I use the Add button in the playlist editor or when I drag a file into the playlist editor and then perform the other steps.

I don't get error messages apart from the debugdmp
Attached Files
File Type: txt debugdmp2.txt (9.2 KB, 965 views)

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Last edited by siebe83; 14th July 2005 at 22:23.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 22:12   #244
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Hmm, I can't seem to reproduce that, on my XP SP2.
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 22:32   #245
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@Siebe

"open button" as in eject button in the main window?

If I do either Add file to playlist [via PE] or Eject button [via Main Window], I can reproduce the crash after following the additional steps on my XP SP2. The only hotkey/shortcut/accelerator key I use is J, btw, so no L (Add file)...

jmat

[one of many bug reports attached]
Attached Files
File Type: txt debugdmp.txt (9.4 KB, 843 views)
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 23:19   #246
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatthews112
"open button" as in eject button in the main window?
Yup, that's what I meant. I can't reproduce it when using that button.

Tested a bit more with different files, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Btw, if you do step 2 first and then step 1, the same happens... If the option was already checked on Winamp startup, then add a file and press J, the same issue as well.
I also tried installing Playlist Separator (and adding separators as well), but no difference.

Old 18th July 2005, 22:18   #247
DrO

quick post since i'm having a break from working on this for a bit (since i've been working on it behind the scenes and what's in this thread for a bit over 2 months and need a change else i'll go mad plus work has been hectic of late )

i'm not sure on why Squadman is having so many issues with build #11. i am aware that for some reason the titles can disappear (i think it may be down to the missing files highlighter but i'm not 100% on it as such at the moment). as for the search not working i'm not having any issues here. how are you files actually named on the hard drive (that's the only thing i could possibly think of is causing issues with the way the code parses that part of the data it receives)

as for the open/add file crashes, i'll be looking into that soon along with a few other things but whilst i have the motivation i'm 'relaxing' by doing some coding work on my k-jofol plugin so i can come back to the jtfe code a bit fresher to fix my 'issues'.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 22:28   #248
Squadman

Ok, example:

Track named on HD: 01 The Fire
Track Named In Playlist: Reel Big Fish - The Fire

When I search for 'Reel' it's fine, but not narrowed down enough. So...

I search for 'Reel Big'. BUT. I can't, as soon as I type the 'B', everything dissapears. I can however, search for it as 'Reel big', with no capital 'B'. I can still see everything. But before Build 11, this didn't happen. And it is very annoying, as, I type with the capitals our of instict, when searching for something.

That's basically it. I can search for anything with the first word as a capital, but after that, if i have another capital in it, everything pop's away.
Old 19th July 2005, 11:43   #249
Ikarus7

is there an option to use jtfe in my whole library ? i never understood why nobody did that .... when i have my special playlist it would be cool to have something like jtf, but for ALL my music ....

who can help ?
Ikarus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 16:58   #250
Cyrom

problems loading playlist

I recently installed this build and for some reason i am unable to load a playlist in the manage mode. I can right click and get the option and even choose the playlist but nothing happens when i do. I searched through this tread but didn't find any mention of the problem so i am not sure if i am the only one experiencing this.

Cyrom
Cyrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 18:04   #251
Squadman

DrO, the version you sent me solved the problem completly. I can now search with all capitals.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think i've found another bug. When I search for a file, and press enter on it, but while there is still a lot of other files in the list, it seems to go to a completly different file. But I can only seem to reproduce it when I search for either Reel Big Fish, or Less Than Jake.

Which both have a lot of files. (200+ and 100+ respectively).

Any one else have anything like this?

Last edited by Squadman; 20th July 2005 at 20:07.
Old 22nd July 2005, 02:51   #252
saivert
Banned

I guess most DrO needs to take a break from Winamp coding. It can get very tiresome, especially since a lot of hacks is required to get things done.

I hope he takes a long break, clears up his mind and then may return to the Winamp coding scene. I will also hopefully have learned a lot more then.
saivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2005, 03:22   #253
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@Saivert

DrO has not left the coding scene. He's at work on the k-jofol plugin.

More information here

I'm guessing he'll be back at work on JTFE before too long, seeming as he wanted to have this ready by Winamp 5.1.

jmat
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 07:50   #254
J-roen

Tested v0.97 R (Build 11), love it.

But, I got some weird bugs in this version:
1) Shell option 'Enqueue in Winamp' doesn't work! When I choose the option in the Windows Explorer, I see an hour-glass for a couple of seconds and after that, nothing is enqueued. (Can I see an error report somewhere?)
2) ML option 'Enqueue selection' doesn't work! When I choose the option, just nothing happens.
3) I use the option 'Enqueue & Play' in the Windows Explorer. When the queue is finished, the playlist is playing on. When using the option 'Enqueue & Play' again, the file that the previous time was 'Enqueue & Play'-ed plays, instead of the new file.
4) PL option 'Enqueue selected' (Q) doesn't work! When I choose the option, just nothing happens.

Winamp: 5.094
Plug-ins: Time Restore & AutoPlay v2.0 beta, Toaster for Winamp Classic v0.7.5, MSN Messenger Status Plugin v0.21 and other standard Winamp plug-ins.

Feature request: To select multiple files in the Search mode.

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE

Last edited by J-roen; 1st August 2005 at 10:01.
J-roen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 13:12   #255
DrO

i think something with 5.094 messed things up with the enq+play handler (though it's been a bit hit and miss at times anyway). i'm trying to find the time to work on jtfe again this week so i hope to try and get some form of fix sorted for this and a few other of the major issues with it

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:13   #256
J-roen

You're the best, good luck!

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 1st August 2005, 13:23   #257
DrO

if i was then it'd all work first time
the main issue is that there's still some of the older legacy code in place from 0.96ff that doesn't make doing the enq+play handler that easy but then if i break that i can break a lot more things but that's all the part of dev builds

this is mainly for my reference so i can keep track of what i want to get done for build #12::
  • fix enq+play external handler
  • fix playlist tracking code (related to above i think)
  • fix missing titles issues with the colouriser api and related crashes
  • fix missing file highlighting to correctly update it's internal list when files are removed (isn't caching correctly on playlist entry removals)
  • attempt to add in gradient backgrounds for the colouriser api (this won't be implemented for win95/nt 4 systems since these OSes don't have the api function for it)
  • mini logger for internal actions happening (may/may not add this but would be useful at times i think)
  • fix loading into the queue not working in all cases
  • fix load current folder into queue (keeps crashing for me at the moment on all my test setups )
  • finish implementing the list display speed ups including the ability to not show any entries until a search is entered, etc to keep the large playlist people happy)
  • some more code tweaks/improvments (especially for my colouriser api which is a pig to work with at the moment)
-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:31   #258
J-roen

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
if i was then it'd all work first time
Also the best ones don't do everything right the first time!

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 1st August 2005, 13:36   #259
DrO

hehe, the best ones work out and fix the initial issues they cause

fix missing titles issues with the colouriser api -> just found out how to reproduce this with playlist separator so i can now fix that as well, yipee

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:42   #260
J-roen

Do you think it's possible to add the feature to select multiple files in the Search mode in v0.97 final?

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 1st August 2005, 13:49   #261
DrO

i've tried it but at the time found it broke the support for entering the search also into the list itself ie click on an entry and then type from there. if i can get that to work then it will be possible and it is on my eventual todo list overall for the plugin but until i get things working correctly as per the current way the dialog works i'm not prepared to release a version with such support in it.

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:53   #262
J-roen

Okay, no problem . By the way, I'm going to send you some money within now and a few weeks.

[offtopic]
Now I'm very annyoing, but did you recieve my e-mail?
[/offtopic]

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 1st August 2005, 13:58   #263
DrO

i received the mail, i'm just a bit behind on email replies at the moment (i try to do them when i'm at work and forward them onto myself before i leave home but this is the first lunch in the last few weeks where i've been able to sit down and i forgot to forward them on so i may be able to reply back tonight depending on what time i leave work, etc)

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 15:21   #264
J-roen

Terrific, I won't disturb you anymore (sorry)

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 1st August 2005, 20:20   #265
Squadman

Sounds good. I can't wait for Build 12.
Old 1st August 2005, 21:01   #266
J-roen

By the way DrO, I discovered that the files are put in the playlist editor indeed, they are only not enqueued.

(L) Winamp, (L) JTFE
Old 2nd August 2005, 01:26   #267
DrO

needs a bit more work as well as some more overhaul of the prefs options but it's sort of in there now

-daz
Attached Images
File Type: png gradient.png (25.9 KB, 887 views)
Old 3rd August 2005, 02:46   #268
ddn2003

Bug in JTFE 0.97 R Build 11

I don't know if anyone else has already reported this, but here it goes.

It seems that the queue isn't tracking by file name but by playlist position.

Ex. if I queue a file that is currently track 15003 and then add more songs to the playlist above 15003 (pushing 15003 down to a higher number), the queue does not follow the file, it remains at 15003.

This was a problem in 0.96ff, which had been fixed in 0.96fff and was working properly until 0.97 R Build 11. I have since downgraded to build 10.
ddn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2005, 09:36   #269
DrO

the playlist tracking is slightly broken in #11, if you manually drag and move an entry in the playlist ie click and move it up and then down one position then in most cases it will correct itself back. this is something i'm looking into over the next few days.

-daz
Old 3rd August 2005, 13:36   #270
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
feature request: disable playback (like in winamp3).

help us count :Click here
fisher819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2005, 13:43   #271
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=223184

-daz
Old 6th August 2005, 22:23   #272
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by fisher819
just a very small thing.
clicking on the about button in the enque options tab (JTFE options) either takes me to the about of playlist loader or causes winamp to crash.
i've found the cause of this and is due to the missing files prefs subpagae i put in, when that page is not present then the actions work fine, looks like i messed something up in my quick hack of my preferences handling code when getting the last build out.

with regards to #12, things are going a lot slower than i'd expected, i'll post back here when something is available

-daz
Old 6th August 2005, 23:10   #273
siebe83
Forum King

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....35#post1747335

since i'm not sure if jonas actually discussed that with you and also to have it in this thread

occurred with build 11, I guess it's something to do with the winshade feature...

let me know if you can't reproduce...

Old 6th August 2005, 23:15   #274
DrO

yeah, joonas msg'd me about this at some un-godly time (~8:45am my time when anyone should be still asleep on a weekend )

i've not been able to sit down and look into that bug yet though i've not had that happen in a while though it could that something is breaking my workarounds to ensure the winshade stuff only forwards the relevant messages once and not twice as it seems it may be doing

-daz
Old 11th August 2005, 16:24   #275
Hagen

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to get the number (position) of a track in the playlist using a plugin such as JTFE? When I am in the search mode, the files are all sorted by name and I would like to have the same position as in the playlist itself. Moreover, when I want to use the Formatting options in the JTFE plugin, it does not seem to apply next time I open a JTFE box.

Thank you very much for your help and advice
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 21:26   #276
Spazz333
Major Dude

JTFE .97R (Build 11)

For some reason now it only lets me queue up 1 file at a time. If I try to put another in it just replaces the one before it. Any idea's?

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 13:23   #277
DrO

Spazz333: is this with external enqueue or into the jtfe queue?

Hagen: using the latest build on the plugin's Misc preferences page there is an option to not sort the search results so it matches the playlist order of the songs.

Quote:
Is there a way to get the number (position) of a track in the playlist using a plugin such as JTFE?
are you wanting to see the track number in the jtfe search list?

-daz
Old 19th August 2005, 14:07   #278
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
So when are we going to see some new developement? You know we're all looking forward for it!

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 21:04   #279
Spazz333
Major Dude

The jtfe queue.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2005, 15:46   #280
spin26

i have jtfe and manage to apply play'n'enque buy i noticed when open the submenu.. the open option is still there..
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion