Old 23rd January 2006, 01:12   #41
DrO

phew, relief at last, heh.
the backspace/delete is probably the lame auto-complete code i have on it, i'm looking to re-code that since it sucks.

as for 're-ordering', are you trying to do drag n drop stuff since the listviews don't allow re-ordering as far as i'm aware

[edit]
ah, you can drag the items around on the bookmark views. never knew that (hence why it's not blocked for the moment). i'll be looking at that with the other drag and drop stuff

-daz
Old 23rd January 2006, 01:19   #42
ujay
Forum King

as for 're-ordering', are you trying to do drag n drop stuff since the listviews don't allow re-ordering as far as i'm aware

I'm going to one of the catagory views in the ML, picking up a b/m and dropping it in a different position. This is accepted and the catagory view saved to .bm, hence the corruption.

[edit] Ah! ... you got it already.

This is looking very good btw.

UJ
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:01   #43
DrO

yeah, i twigged on to what you meant just after i'd first replied. blocking it is relatively simple but i'd rather not block messages so for the next build i'll look into implement the correct handling of those situations (which is related to the edit/remove button actions i blocked so would be nice to get that all useable)

-daz
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:34   #44
ujay
Forum King

Is it possible to add an <unsorted> view to the ML, same as the Winamp menu. Not a problem ATM but would be useful if you intend editting from here eventually.

UJ
Old 23rd January 2006, 03:40   #45
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Dr0, another suggestion for drag and drop.
If you'll notice in the left pane under Local Media,
you can drag and drop each subcatagory around to rearrange them.
Could you do this for the subcatagories under Bookmarks?
That way, one could arrange them in alphabetical order if they wished.
Old 23rd January 2006, 13:16   #46
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
Dr0, another suggestion for drag and drop.
If you'll notice in the left pane under Local Media,
you can drag and drop each subcatagory around to rearrange them.
Could you do this for the subcatagories under Bookmarks?
That way, one could arrange them in alphabetical order if they wished.
I second that

Great work, DrO !
Old 23rd January 2006, 13:35   #47
DrO

the <unsorted> view is easy to implement, i just have to reverse the logic on the page compared to what the current sub-views are doing.

custom sorting of the sub-category views is relatively easy to do and storing of them in the bmc is easy since i can just add a 'orderX' entry in for each of the categories present

[edit]
it's an O seer, not a zero

-daz
Old 23rd January 2006, 13:39   #48
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Fixed, daz
Old 23rd January 2006, 13:46   #49
DrO

hehe
it's amazing how many people do it

-daz
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:29   #50
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

DrO, I know you're busy, but a suggestion about deleting files.
Can you make it so deleting files in the main window,
does not delete the same file in a subcatagory, and vice versa?
That is all...
Old 15th May 2006, 00:56   #51
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.6.7
  • Added two hotkeys to allow for switching to bookmark view (does what ctrl+alt+i does in the main window) and adding the current playlist entry as a bookmark (alt+i in the main window)
  • Added in a hard-coded block on dragging of the list entries (until i fix the winamp.bm regeneration in this situation)
get v0.6.7

The main point of this update is for the hotkey actions since it only took a few minutes. I'm going to have to work some more on this soon since all i can say at the moment is that this plugin nicely removes all of the ml tree entries in the internal winamp builds (not good and i can't work without it now)

-daz
Old 16th May 2006, 05:06   #52
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Thanks DrO
Whenever you get this finished, it's gonna be great
for people who bookmark allot of streams, like I do.
Old 17th May 2006, 01:04   #53
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.6.8
  • No functionality changes, just reworked initialisation for future winamp compatability
get v0.6.8

Just need to see if this build is working the same as 0.6.7 since i've had to make a number of internal changes to the way in which it loads with certain future winamp versions.

papadoc: well it'll be useful that's for certain. the main aims i have is to implement the correct drag & drop handling (since blocking it is just a lame fix for the moment), alphabetising of the listed genres, making the play/enqueue buttons/menus on the subviews to work just for the entries in those views, time bookmarking of entries, fixing any bugs left with the code (since there's not too much else otherwise that i can think of that's needed though i'm sure people will have ideas )

-daz
Old 17th May 2006, 04:18   #54
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Just need to see if this build is working the same as 0.6.7 since i've had to make a number of internal changes to the way in which it loads with certain future winamp versions.
-daz
As far as I can tell DrO, it's working the same as 0.6.7.
Thanks
Old 17th May 2006, 06:24   #55
Squashed

Tested this plugin and just want to say thank you! Extremely useful, this should be incorporated into winamp by default.
Old 25th May 2006, 23:29   #56
Squashed

Just installed the new Winamp 5.22 and found the Bookmark Categoriser to be gone. Reinstalling didn't help. The categories are still there in the navigation but no more in the list. Additionally, I cannot launch the categorised bookmarks any more.
Old 25th May 2006, 23:35   #57
DrO

did you install into the same directory as before and also as the same install type ie multi-user support on or off as it was with the previous install.

if the categories are still being listed then to me it sounds like the current winamp.bm is different from what was in place before the install (since all the categories are based on winamp.bmc which is what this plugin generates from the bookmarks added).

that's all i can think off since it's working correctly for me with 5.22 (and was the reason for the last update) so i'm a bit now

-daz
Old 26th May 2006, 05:11   #58
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Just to verify this DrO...
v5.22
All my bookmarks in the sub-catagories are still there,
but none of them will play.
The same bookmarks will play from the main bookmark window.
Old 26th May 2006, 09:41   #59
DrO

rightio, that gives me something to play with then. i'll see what i can find out tonight (oh how i remember the days when i could make one version of a plugin that'd work flawlessly on all versions, heh). anyway it sounds like it's something simple that's broken if they're not playing in the subviews

-daz
Old 26th May 2006, 16:10   #60
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Good deal DrO.
Honestly, this should be a standard feature of Winamp.
I'm not sure why the developers won't add it.
But until they do, if they do, your plugin sure is appreciated.
Old 27th May 2006, 10:32   #61
DrO

just had a chance to check this out and for whatever reason i can confirm it's not loading the file entries for the sub views. also in thw quick test i had some issues with the plugin crashing out and the sub-categories being incorrectly expanded out to have a mass of duplicates when it should only be showing the one view so something is messed up (have seen this with the old gen_ml but never managed to track it down consistantly). should hopefully have a fix by tomorrow

-daz
Old 9th June 2006, 01:21   #62
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

DrO, any chance you're gonna fix this soon?
Old 9th June 2006, 10:14   #63
DrO

i've already internally fixed it (was a simple fix since the id's of the page had been altered when the bookmark support was split out). i'm holding a release back until i fix the delete issue since it's annoying me (but i need to do some more hacks to get that working correctly).

as long as nothing bad happens with any of the other projects i'm trying to get back into/made compatible for 5.22+ then it should be a week to get it all sorted (i hope)

-daz
Old 9th June 2006, 14:13   #64
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Sounds good DrO.
As always, thanks!
We'll be looking for it in a week or so.

Last edited by papadoc; 9th June 2006 at 14:40.
Old 15th June 2006, 13:36   #65
DrO

i think i've got the deletion issue almost sorted (ran out of time last night to fix a bug in my dev code) but the plugin is now near enough be able to re-generate the winamp.bm correctly when working in the subcategory views.

the drag and drop handling will remain blocked for the time being but i should be able to get a working build out tonight (as long as i don't get interupted, heh) which will deal with the deletion issue (from the menu,button and delete key )

-daz
Old 16th June 2006, 01:24   #66
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.7.0
  • Fixed the plugin to work correctly be it under 5.22+ (related to the splitting out of the bookmarks section into ml_bookmarks.dll) or on older 5.x versions (where it was all integrated into gen_ml.dll)
  • Added ability to alphabetise the bookmark categories (in the ML listing only for the moment, not the main Winamp bookmark area)
  • Fixed the plugin to use the same bookmark icon as Winamp uses for the bookmark root on 5.2+ installs (compatability with the ml_icons plugin is not guaranteed for older installs)
  • Implemented correct handling for the delete bookmark options _especially_ from the sub category views which is finally implemented!!
  • Improved some of the internal error handling to cope better with any delays in processing of the bookmark lists (could cause some random crashes in the worst case)
  • Just a bit more usable in general with all of the above fixes
get v0.7.0

It may be a good idea to backup your winamp.bm before trying this out since i'm not 100% sure on the new code in this one (seems fine on my end but you never know). Also when removing entries in the sub views, if there are multiple entries in that category then for the moment the views will be listed multiple times (still need to track down the exact cause of this).

-daz
Old 17th June 2006, 02:23   #67
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.7.1
  • Fixed the incorrect generation of the categories when an entry was removed from one and there were mutltiple bookmarks in it which would cause multiple categories of the same type to be listed
get v0.7.1

That now sorts out the main issue i'd been having with the plugin and turned out after 2 hours of testing, etc to be just a single code of line that needed to be moved to a different location, doh. I did have a report a while back about the adding of new bookmarks could cause a random crash, well this fix is for a memory allocation issue so i may have even managed to fix the issue.

As well i've had a report that the installer for 0.7.0 may be giving false positives under certain virus scanners. From my tests there isn't any issue with the installer (though NSIS ones seem to get hit with false-positives a lot) and if there is then i'd recommend using the latest builds of 7zip to inspect and extract out the dll from the installer if there is any issue (and of course scanning on the dll extracted)

-daz
Old 18th June 2006, 16:05   #68
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.7.2
  • Added a speed optimisation for 5.22+ installs which should speed up (to an extent) mass bookmarking from the playlist editor (only refreshes the list once all entries have been added)
  • Few tweaks to improve the plugin's parsing of winamp.bm
  • Reworked the deletion handling code so it should be a bit more responsive with a larger number of bookmarks
  • Fixed the deletion of bookmarks to only return to the bookmark root view when all bookmarks of the current category and not in all cases (as was the case beforehand)
  • Few other little code cleanups/reorganisation
get v0.7.2

This new build should be a bit better with regards to it's handling of deleting of entries in the bookmark category views. The only gripe i've got with the plugin is that it isn't quite as fast on certain processing as i'd like it to be but i'll leave that for a future build (though Winamp's processing of the bookmark view isn't all that fast either, heh)

-daz
Old 18th June 2006, 16:47   #69
Squashed

This build reproducably killed my winamp.bm file when editing a special bookmark. When I selected the main folder (no category) and clicked edit bookmark, then cancel, the content except the bookmarks of the same category were removed while the category itself switched to another (huh?).

I'm now using a backup of the winamp.bm and deleted the winamp.bmc, rebuilding the categories from scratch. When it happens again, I'll report.
Old 18th June 2006, 16:55   #70
Squashed

Yep, seems to be a bug. Happens all the time but you have to select edit bookmark from within the categories folder, not from the main folder, to make the winamp.bm disappear.
Old 18th June 2006, 17:01   #71
DrO

confirmed. i now remember what the random control ids were for doh! i'm trying to fix this now since i've got it to not destroy the bookmark list but it's not correctly updating the entries at the moment..

-daz
Old 18th June 2006, 19:03   #72
Cianca

mmm strange... i drag a song from media library to a created new category and it don't shows in that category... ma only in the root

v0.7.2 and WA 5.2.3.672

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 18th June 2006, 19:22   #73
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

I can also verify this DrO.
After I installed v0.7.2, the first thing I noticed
was all my bookmarks in the subcatagories were scrambled around,
in different catagories than what I put them in.
And when I tried to edit them into the correct catagory,
I lost all the bookmarks in the main bookmark window.
Thank goodness I backed it up before I installed the new one,
or I would have lost all my bookmarks.
Old 18th June 2006, 19:29   #74
DrO

papadoc: that's why i said it was a good idea to back things up in the 0.7.0 notes i'm not sure why the order of things would have messed up since none of the loading code has been altered. i'm still trying to work around the issue with the edit of the categories so that it will correctly show up without destroying the winamp.bm contents.

Cianca: entirely possible since this one has no idea of drag and drop actions made onto it, in a future build i'll look into it (along with fixing the handling of dragging entries within the category views).

so apart from the drag and drop thing (and the option disabled in the views) and the edit bookmark option in the categories, is everything else working or are there other issues since i need to work on other projects next week so need to get this fixed tonight otherwise it's going to be a while before the next fixes...

-daz
Old 18th June 2006, 19:38   #75
Cianca

Ok DrO! thanx for the attention

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 18th June 2006, 19:59   #76
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

DrO, disregard the scrambled bookmarks.
I reverted my hardrive to before I installed v0.7.2,
and the bookmarks in the subcatogories were that way,
so it's probably something I did when catagorizing them.
Old 18th June 2006, 20:39   #77
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.7.3
  • Fixed the handling of the edit bookmark option to not clear out the bookmarks in the other categories (was a really dumb bug) though the view will appear empty whilst the edit dialog is open (this will be dealt with a future build hopefully)
get v0.7.3

This should fix the bookmark editting issue (i hope)

papadoc: ok, that sort of makes sense for it all being out of synch with things.

Cianca: i've just had a look at the drag and drop thing and i now see what you mean... dragging on to categories should add the dropped file(s) into that category and not the root (or the category auto-detected from the file's genre, etc if that is enabled). i'll definitely have a look into this once i've worked out what winamp is doing on drag and drop events.

-daz
Old 18th June 2006, 20:57   #78
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Good job DrO
Editing the bookmarks no longer causes them to clear out
from other catagories or the main bookmark window.
Old 18th June 2006, 21:02   #79
DrO

cool, i can leave this one alone now for a while if that's working ok

-daz
Old 19th June 2006, 12:53   #80
Squashed

Can confirm this too, works fine now. Thanks for the quick fix!

If you decide to work on it again, maybe by straighten a small inconsistency: The plugin functions work differently depending on being in the main bookmark window or in the category.

When in the category, there's no right-click-menu "Edit bookmark(s) category" like in the main bookmark window, but CTRL-B works nevertheless.
Additionally, the category field is not prefilled with the current value when hitting CTRL-B in the category window.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion