Old 7th March 2007, 19:15   #161
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Nope, not using multi-user settings.
Let me get home tonight and try again in the order you just did.
I'll let you know later, if that's ok?
Old 7th March 2007, 19:18   #162
DrO

yeah, not a problem.
seems weird it's not working correctly since it was always designed to be easily moved between installs (as had to be done for testing a few builds back )

-daz
Old 7th March 2007, 23:25   #163
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
...then copying the winamp.bm and winamp.bmc into a new install it seemed to work straight away.
Looks like I got everything moved over except winamp.bmc.
Got that moved and everything is fine.
Thanks again DrO
Old 7th March 2007, 23:36   #164
DrO

phew, that's a relief. was starting to worry that something weird was broken

-daz
Old 29th June 2007, 19:01   #165
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Hey DrO, I know you're probably busy with allot of things,
but any idea when you might fix it so we can drag and drop bookmarks,
or develop a way to alphabetize them when using the Categorizer plugin?
Or has this already been done and I missed the update?
Old 27th July 2007, 19:09   #166
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

bumping for DrO
Old 31st July 2007, 23:38   #167
DrO

pm sent (but what could it mean...)

-daz
Old 26th August 2007, 22:04   #168
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.8
  • Updated to use all of the correct apis based on different versions of winamp (works with 5.36+ now as long as the ml tree api isn't changed yet again...)
  • Fixed bug where rclick on the ml tree category items could still add tracks to the playlist even when no menu item was selected
  • Enabled drag&drop sorting in the bookmark root view now (sub-category views will be done in another version)
  • Code cleanup and duplication removal (including a rogue resource section accidentally added a few builds back)
  • Tweaked the handling of the main winamp bookmark menus to be slightly more compatible especially when having removed all of the bookmarks
  • Added compatability work around between this plugin and ML Enqueue and Play (ml_enqplay) so that it'll work correctly with both installed (still requires a newer version of ml_enqplay that will follow)
get v0.8

Main thing is that this will work with 5.36+ (bar anymore changes to the ML tree apis) and that drag&drop re-ordering of the bookmark root is available with the plugin installed (was hard-coded to be blocked in older versions of the plugin until i'd added in correct handling as this now has ). Thanks to papadoc for testing out the internal builds so that this should work correctly from the go *fingers crossed*

There are a few other finishings that i need to do but to have something that works with 5.36+, i felt it better to have something which works rather than wait a while longer for me to finish everything else off.

-daz
Old 26th August 2007, 22:50   #169
pjn123
Major Dude

DrO.. is it possible to select a categorie for multiple items?

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 26th August 2007, 23:44   #170
DrO

for the moment you have to manually specify the category on each item. is already in the todo list to have a checkbox on the edit category dialog to allow for setting the category to the same thing for the current selection (i assume that's what you're looking for)

-daz
Old 13th October 2007, 17:14   #171
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.8.1
  • Finished off 5.5+ support updates (now that it's out of the door)
get v0.8.1

And there is was refering to things as 5.36 beforehand (what a sly dog i was, hehe). This build will now work with the language packs correctly (shame i'd forgotten a param in the last build otherwise this would have worked from the start)

-daz
Old 14th October 2007, 23:45   #172
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

DrO...

Getting this when I try to install v0.8.1:

Error
Old 14th October 2007, 23:49   #173
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

papadoc:

This just happens, if Winamp is still running during the installation. Pressing "Retry" should do the trick.
Old 14th October 2007, 23:53   #174
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Very odd...
I stopped Winamp and closed it to install it, when I got that message.
This time it installed fine. Thanks Koopatrooper.

Thanks DrO, for the update!
Old 15th October 2007, 00:06   #175
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I guess it simply depends on how long Winamp needs to be closed.

--> 1. Installer checks for running Winamp instances
--> 2. Installer closes running Winamp instances
--> 3. Installer starts the installation

So if Winamp need more time to be closed, the installer shows this message and pressing "Retry" does the trick.
Old 15th October 2007, 00:36   #176
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Good explanation Koopatrooper.
Looks like I tried to install it to quickly after I closed Winamp.

For DrO...
Concerning the "Alt + I" conflict in the Bento skin,
if I enable Global Hotkeys and assign "Alt + B" to add a bookmark,
it brings up the "Edit Bookmark Category" box like it should.
I used "Alt + B" because I don't think that's used by default in Winamp.
Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by papadoc; 15th October 2007 at 01:17.
Old 20th October 2007, 13:10   #177
DrO

i can't remember what i'd said about the alt+i issue before, but it's actually something that's been a quirk with winamp modern (and now bento) from the start. the only way i think to sort it out is to add in a dedicated override (at least with the bento case) when the playlist editor is focused, otherwise it'll need to open the menu as it currently does. or... we change the keyboard shortcut/add in a secondary one that'll work like alt+b as well. is something that'll need to be thought over a bit more before anything else is altered in the winamp code (at least it's not a ml_bkmk issue for a change )

-daz
Old 28th October 2007, 16:49   #178
R U Bn

Better bookmarks!!! (compiled and votable)

Making a votable list of all bookmark feature requests right here.
Old 28th October 2007, 16:58   #179
DrO

R U Bn: quit spamming links to that thread. consider this your one and only warning as you're in violation of the forum rules by post pumping.

-daz
Old 21st January 2008, 22:36   #180
Stupifier
Major Dude

This plug-in is great for bookmarks. I love it. I orginally used Bookmarks to remind me of newly acquired songs that I would like to add to my Media Library. Now, I can even remind myself of what playlist these new songs should be put in by just categorizing the bookmarks by playlist and ect.

I hope good progress is being made to categorize multiple bookmark items at once? That is the BIG bite for me.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:16   #181
SwIeRsZcZ

Hi! I truly confirm this plugin is great and really helpful to organize mp3's BUT I have found ONE THING which is really annoying me...
Recently I have organised my bookmarks and discovered that I can't use my mousewhell to scroll up/down my bookmarks when I open them... Everytime I have to click the liitle black triangle to find my mp3 I'd like to play...
Look on the screen what I mean:

Do u have the same ?

Last edited by SwIeRsZcZ; 26th May 2008 at 14:31.
Old 26th May 2008, 15:11   #182
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yeah, it's the standard scrolling in all parts of Winamp's right click menu.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:10   #183
SwIeRsZcZ

Any way to fix it ?
Old 26th May 2008, 16:25   #184
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There is nothing to fix, changing the scrolling in Winamp would be a feature request, if I can remember, someone asked already for better scrolling support in wishlist forum.
Old 26th May 2008, 18:23   #185
pjn123
Major Dude

Only tip I can give you but you probably know this already:
- Click a few timers on the down arrow until the last visible item is cut off. Now move the mouse over this item to scroll fast. Dont know if this will work on all resolutions but works here :P

But the mousescroll will be usefull but thats for the Winamp wishlist

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 26th May 2008, 19:32   #186
mynameisnobody

DrO,
would it be possible to make the same plugin for the saved playlists?
Think that would be a cool feature, or what you think?
Old 27th May 2008, 00:04   #187
DrO

@SwIeRsZcZ/others: to my knowledge you'd need to place a feature request with Microsoft and not Nullsoft for that option since i've not been able to find anything that would allow for control over the menu when it goes into that style with the scroll up/down buttons (since they're automatically added by the OS and is no program control available over it).

@mynameisnobody: you're going to have to look to someone else to do it or for it to be done officially since it's just more hassle than it's worth to hack something like that together when i don't have the time or inclination to do so when things constantly change in the underlying code between versions. even this plugin should never have been done as it's a massive bunch of hacks and personally i'm trying to move away from any coding along that style as it causes me more grief than it's worth.

hope that makes sense and isn't meant in a bad way but with minimal time to work on plugins anymore i just cannot commit/offer time to work on things that would end up causing me more issues.

-daz
Old 27th May 2008, 00:54   #188
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
when i don't have the time or inclination to do so when things constantly change in the underlying code between versions...

...hope that makes sense and isn't meant in a bad way but with minimal time to work on plugins anymore i just cannot commit/offer time to work on things that would end up causing me more issues.
Darren...

I'm not sure if I mean this in a bad way myself (but I just might)...

It's a freakin' shame that the constant changing of core code in recent versions of Winamp has caused you to abandon your work in frustration - And I DO NOT and CAN NOT blame you for feeling as you do!!

It just pisses me off that the core code changes have virtually destroyed all your selfless efforts and hard work over the years. All your efforts (which I'm certain is well known by AOL and the Winamp core developers) seem to have been completely disregarded, as if nothing you have done to date matters any longer, or is ever considered, when changes are made to the core.

IMHO you have developed an abundance of more useful plugins for Winamp than any other one dev ever has, or ever will!!

There - I've vented. But at least you now know how I feel.
Old 27th May 2008, 01:41   #189
DrO

thanks nunz. the main issue is that a lot of the things i've ended up doing, the only real way to do it was via hacky methods which with active developement (be it for good or bad i'm undecided nowadays) means that anything can and will break. that's alas the means of working against things that haven't been documented or never expected to be used in a certain way - most of the main plugins have version based checking to ensure things work correctly between different versions which isn't ideal. most of the time it's probably my own fault for trying to find a means to do something that is wanted but then again i should have learnt a long time ago to say no.

i've talked a few times about changes though the main issue as i see it is that substantially changes are made to existing functionality by certain parties which isn't tested completely as should be (especially when the whole underlying code is replaced) which has meant that those few of us still even making plugins seem to have spent far too much time doing compatability updates rather than innovating things which takes the fun out of doing this (and is no wonder that plugins have been moved over to shareware in their distribution) and i guess is annoying to the userbase as well (i remember the threads in the ml_ipod forum when parts of the ml tree api where changed for the 2nd time and the effects that had).

what however does make me chuckle is that if i was doing this style of coding in say a foobar component, i'd have long ago been banned / component black-listed. though with no formal information on good-coding practices for plugins as such makes it no surprise that 3rd party plugins are generally deemed as buggy. i was talking to someone doing work with a fileformat and the basic comment about the winamp sdk was 'what sdk' and that is a very true point. Winamp3 was the way to go as far as an api interface was concerned (and is how foobar went) but a) no one wants to learn that and b) it's nigh on impossible with resources as are to do the same for current client (though there is some Winamp3 stuff in there now for newer interfaces) but it's too little too late and c) the only people seeming to be active just want to get the filename from an external app so that pretty much kills the apis which are inprocess only.

i guess the real issue here is that my focus on coding has altered from where it was 5 or so years ago and i just don't think now that it's worth developing for something where the fun has been taken out of it and when no one else from 'the old days' bothers, it's very hard to maintain the momentum (though my real job for the last year hasn't really helped things out at all *shrugs* ).

probably not the best place to have vocalised this but there we go, now back to plugin discussion (which is definitely one of those hacks that shouldn't be done heh)...

-daz
Old 27th May 2008, 21:18   #190
jph6t
Major Dude

Three cheers for DrO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
I DO NOT and CAN NOT blame you for feeling as you do!!

IMHO you have developed an abundance of more useful plugins
for Winamp than any other one dev ever has, or ever will!!
+1
Old 10th August 2008, 01:45   #191
jph6t
Major Dude

ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.8.5

DrO has released ML Bookmark Categoriser v0.8.5

This release added the option on the edit category dialog to allow for the setting of the category for all selected items (may be a bit buggy - not really tested it out)

Thank you DrO!
Old 27th December 2008, 17:49   #192
rick7

A few days ago the display of bookmarks in my Bookmarks window just disappeared and nothing I do seems to be able to restore them. My WINAMP.BM file is there and it looks fine, and I can see all my bookmarks by doing File | Play Bookmark, but I can't get them to show up in the Bookmarks window.

I had a wild idea that installing this Bookmark Categorizer plugin might jump-start the process and restart the display -- but no luck. I of course can't use Bookmark Categorizer if I have no display in the Bookmarks window.

I know several others are experiencing this problem and that there's another thread for this, but I am wondering if anyone on this thread has any thoughts on how to solve the problem. Thanks.
Old 28th December 2008, 13:58   #193
DrO

might be an issue with your winamp.bm file or with the saved state of the bookmark view (as this plugin just adapts what is already there).

when you say 'my Bookmarks window just disappeared', can you provide a screenshot of the issue since it's a bit vague and leaves me with two possible routes of attack but would need to know what you're seeing to know correctly. also providing a copy of your winamp.bm file may help.

-daz
Old 29th December 2008, 00:20   #194
rick7

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
might be an issue with your winamp.bm file or with the saved state of the bookmark view (as this plugin just adapts what is already there).

when you say 'my Bookmarks window just disappeared', can you provide a screenshot of the issue since it's a bit vague and leaves me with two possible routes of attack but would need to know what you're seeing to know correctly. also providing a copy of your winamp.bm file may help.

-daz
Thanks much for taking a look at this. I'm attaching a screenshot and my winamp.bm (renamed to .TXT). In the screenshot I've just clicked on 'Bookmarks' on the left but no bookmarks display in the main Winamp display on the right. I can, however, see them with File | Play Bookmark. Thanks for any thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rick_no_bookmarks.jpg (46.1 KB, 290 views)

Last edited by rick7; 29th December 2008 at 00:46.
Old 29th December 2008, 00:53   #195
rick7

Seems like you can't attach two files to one message. Here's my second file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winamp_bm.txt (2.7 KB, 729 views)
Old 29th December 2008, 20:59   #196
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

But you can put all files into one zip file.
Old 30th December 2008, 08:31   #197
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
But you can put all files into one zip file.
Or upload both files to Stashbox and put the resulting two links in your post.
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:04   #198
placoboy

Excatly the same issue here ... suddenly (I cant tell why), my bookmarks became invisible ... I had to reinstall Winamp (latest) and it is back to normal ...
Finger crossed so it does not happen again ... I am not sure it is ML bookmark categorizer related although previously I was using the version prior 0.8.5 ...
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:48   #199
rick7

I might just re-install myself also to see if that fixes the invisible bookmarks problem, though I'm a bit hesitant for fear of losing stuff. Can bookmarks, podcasts, configuration options, etc. be preserved? I guess keeping a backup copy of WINAMP.BM, RSS.XML, FEEDS.XML, WINAMP.INI, etc. might work, but then again that might defeat the purpose of doing a fresh install...
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:56   #200
placoboy

Quote:
Originally posted by rick7
I might just re-install myself also to see if that fixes the invisible bookmarks problem, though I'm a bit hesitant for fear of losing stuff. Can bookmarks, podcasts, configuration options, etc. be preserved? I guess keeping a backup copy of WINAMP.BM, RSS.XML, FEEDS.XML, WINAMP.INI, etc. might work, but then again that might defeat the purpose of doing a fresh install...
thats what I did yesterday, at least keep feed, rss and winamp.bm, I would believe these are "importable" even onto a fresh install ...
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion