Old 25th February 2006, 13:27   #121
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

I was referring to the network walkmans.

USB drive support may be added at a later date, it isn't a very hard thing to add.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 13:51   #122
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Is it possible to sort the order of tracks with ml_pmp's iPod support?

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 15:29   #123
reedermw

Send a message via AIM to reedermw
Quote:
Originally posted by will

USB drive support may be added at a later date, it isn't a very hard thing to add.
USB support would be great Will !!! I own a Rio Carbon that works as both a USB MSC and MTP device but it would be nice to use it in USB MSC mode. Now that you have an extensible architecture, could a "driver" or sub module be produced that would just work with a drive letter? Sometimes drive letters can change depending on what other devices are plugged in. It would be cool if you could drop a file into the root of the device so that it could be identified later by WinAmp as a given player even if the driver letter changed. This wouldn't be that different than all the other files dropped into the root and other folders to support MTP.

Thanks for all your hard work on portable device support Will !! Thanks to you, WinAmp stands alone in it's ability to support both iPods and MTP players. The addition of USB MSC support would mean it would work with virtually everything.
reedermw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 08:00   #124
jbond23

Does the Plugin support direct playback with Creative NJB devices? There's a report on the Creative forums that a Zen Touch with the old NJB firmware gives the same "device doesn't support direct playback" message.
jbond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 08:53   #125
will

Quote:
Originally posted by reedermw
Now that you have an extensible architecture, could a "driver" or sub module be produced that would just work with a drive letter?
Yeah, pretty much. Thats what the pmp_*.dll files are in your winamp\plugins folder.

Old 26th February 2006, 17:56   #126
pixeladdict

will, please pleeeease make the "copy to hard drive" feature of your former plugin a prio1-to-do for your new plugin.

it's the main reason why i loved your plugin that much.
i only bought an ipod after finding your plugin - i would never have bought an expensive mp3-player that by default restricts me from putting mp3s on any pc i want to.

it's a silly restriction of apple's itunes.

i'd love to use winamp 5.2, so please help me ;-)
pixeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 20:05   #127
will

Yeah, it pretty much is priority number one.

Old 27th February 2006, 00:23   #128
klowndes

A couple things--

Every time I sync my 3G 40gig ipod, it requeues and transfers mp3s that have titles that include non-standard characters. "Hún Jörð..." by Sigur Rós is a classic example. The result is an extra copy of these songs on my ipod every time I sync. (It got up to like 4 copies before I noticed.)

Also, all of the mp3s that don't have a track # in my ML are listed on the ipod as track# "-1"

Just a couple peeves in addition to what has already been discussed.

Great work, as always,
Thanks much,
Ryan
klowndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 01:59   #129
DaveFeelsRight

Hello, i downloaded winamp 5.2 and soon as i did my ipod stopped working with it, and when i unplugged my ipod, all my music was gone except for 1 band and when i plugged it back it the ipod icon did not show up, only thing that did was a playlist. and now the playlist is gone.

any help would be awesome.
DaveFeelsRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 13:12   #130
blankoboy

Great work Will....keep at it dude, you rule!

Any chance of getting support added for the MuVo² 4GB (firmware 1.16.02)?

*Strangely enough, the MuVo² 4GB is listed as being 'Play for Sure' compatible here.

Could you add the following to the beginning of this post?

Fully Compatible:
Playsforsure branded mp3 players

Partially Compatible:

Incompatible:
MuVo² 4GB (firmware 1.16.02)

Unconfirmed:

If not, I can start a new thread and update the list as necessary.

Last edited by blankoboy; 27th February 2006 at 15:42.
blankoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 19:05   #131
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

you mean like this sticky thread:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....71#post1872871

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 19:57   #132
jimisola

Hi Will!

Former ml_ipod user. Great to read about ml_pmp and the progress that you have done. Sometimes rewritting code is not bad

Anyway,

I have a problem with my iPod Video 60GB (fw 1.1) as it is not detected by Winamp. There are no devices shown under "Portables". Is there something that I have todo to make WinAmp detect it? Do I need to have iTunes installed? I've tried rebooting and so on, I have no problem accessing the iPod using e.g. explorer. I have a clean install of WinAmp, hence no ml_ipod or other old plugins exists.

I am using WinAmp 5.2 with the version of iPOD-plugin that came along with it (0.3).

Regards,
Jimisola
jimisola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 20:17   #133
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
If copy to hard drive is p"pretty much" number 1 priority, could you tell me (or us) what priority playlist transfer support is?
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 21:42   #134
FerFemNemBem

Hi,

another small bug: WINAMP shows the iPod twice.
As far as i can see ml_pmp shows both lists inside the media library - the playlist (type 2) and the podcastlist (type 3). Is this a known issue?

Thank you for developing!

Kind regards,
FFNB.
FerFemNemBem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 22:34   #135
cjb110

Great work, its working fine on my 30Gb 5G iPod

Hope this is the right place for some suggestions:
These first two are mainly due because with this size player I tend to want a 'core' set of music on the device, and then a random set, and/or a recently added set.

1) Autofilling remaining space would be cool. So I could have my main set of mp3's and then fill with others from my collection...even better would be if it could remember which ones were autofil and so you could just change those.

2) Specific SmartView/Playlist syncing so you could mark some but not others to copy across.

These next two are just about giving more indication of the transfer progress.
3) I'm not sure what use marking the transfers as 'done' is? It would be nicer if they were deleted from the list because then the scrollbar would show visual indication of what's left.

4) If poss (I dunno how convoluted the iPod's system is) in the top list in the portables view, add number of files.

Oh and does the current version support album art? It doesn't seem to transfered it. But then again album art seems to be buggy on the ipod\itunes anyways!

Again great work! I can go back to just using just winamp!
cjb110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 23:02   #136
bunklung

Quote:
Will, what's priority number two?

Play directly from device (via work around)?

I don't think I'd find anyone in disagreement to being able to download and install Winamp on any PC in the entire world, plug in your mp3 player, and start listening to your entire collection without the need of transfering your entire playlists and/or collection.

Keep up the great work!
bunklung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 23:22   #137
jimisola

In addition to my earlier post I would like to add that I installed iTunes and it found my 60GB Video iPod correctly.
Old 28th February 2006, 01:42   #138
McDado

I'm sorry, i'm running and i don't know if this is the right post, but i put this comments here about the 'new' portable devices' support (specifically for iPod):

I would to suggest, if possible, to support MPEG-4 video identification not just by extension... the .mp4 and m4v files are recognized like audio, this doesn't makes possible to sync the major part of videos supported by iPod Video 5G (this is a deeper problem, that is up to the media library)

I appreciated the transfer speed rate in the old ml_ipod plugin, i think it would be very nice to se it again in the new one.

It would be great to see also the actual used size in the portables view, and number of files too.

by now i think it's ok, waiting for all the features that are promised!
McDado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 11:54   #139
ManGz

playlist transfer etc

will, Exactly which differences are there between how ml ipod and pmp ipod handles play list transfers?

what do i have to do if i want to change from ml ipod to pmp? do i have to erase all the music from the ipod and start over?

anything else from ml ipod that you have removed in pmp?
ManGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 13:30   #140
Beau Kemp

How can I tell what build of winamp I am using?
Where can I get the latest build?
Thanks!
Beau Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 13:58   #141
glop

right clic on the winamp.exe
choose properties and look the tab "version"
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 15:57   #142
Beau Kemp

Thanks Glop
Now does anyone know where to download the latest builds?
Old 1st March 2006, 16:00   #143
PjotrStroganov

Quote:

Ah nice. I think lots of people are going to be happy with that.
PjotrStroganov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 18:21   #144
shepard

The following is a thread over in the ml_iPod forum. I was getting confused trying to see if this has been discussed in these main Winamp forums. So I will just post the link here for anyone who wants to read about those problems.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=239074

shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2006, 22:48   #145
Maverick.lm

Hi, I scanned this thread and I apologize in advance if I'm repeating anything. FerFemNemBem mentionned podcasts but hasn't yet gotten a reply.

I posted an issue with iTunes' Podcast playlists here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=239918

I'm not 100% sure if it's an issue with PMP or with the ml_ipod plugin (I wasn't originally aware there were two things in Winamp 5.2 for iPod support...) I think both cause this to happen, since it just occured again and I had previously uninstalled the ml_ipod plugin. And I think this was an issue with the ml_plugin on pre-5.2 versions.

My opinion is this, for me, this makes Winamp unusuable for the iPod as anything more than an simple MP3 player (which the 5G iPod is not). The resultant "Podcast" playlists makes them unnavigable. If you use your iPod for more than just music, you're best to stick with iTunes for now.

-Maverick
Maverick.lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 01:39   #146
The Absorbant

Quote:
Originally posted by bunklung
Will, what's priority number two?

Play directly from device (via work around)?

I don't think I'd find anyone in disagreement to being able to download and install Winamp on any PC in the entire world, plug in your mp3 player, and start listening to your entire collection without the need of transfering your entire playlists and/or collection.
I agree with that! Playing directly from PFS units should be a priority!
The Absorbant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 08:50   #147
mjc2264

Sorry for repetition if there is any.

Former ml_ipod user and just upgraded to 5.2. Was glad to see the iPod still worked. But it's pretty buggy. For example, while deleting everything on the iPod winamp randomly crashed.

Plus I've found crucial features from ml_ipod just not found in this new built in plugin.

Can't we bring back deleting files by album or artist? What about formatting the ipod altogether.

I love the new enqueuing feature, but can we see the transfer speeds again? this plugin feels slower by the way.

Also when dragging media to the device can it not kick into the queue list everytime? It's kind of redundant.

Please take these things into consideration. I'm sure most people will agree. thanks.

-mike
mjc2264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 23:45   #148
afruff23

No, a priority should eb support for generic usb devices. I am aware of the gUSB plugin , but it doesn't have a sync feature and has soem bugs. I would like to be able to sync smart playlists, music, and videos between my mp3 player and computer. I hope that this fucntion would allow configuration of the syncing(i.e. one way or 2 way, propagate deletes or not, propagate modifications or not, sync autoamtically when device is conencted or not). TO get a better idea of these nice syncing options, download the freeware file syncing program Allway Sync. http://allwaysync.com/

RIght now, I use that to sync files with my mp3 player along with foobar200 to make smart playlists(I don't use winamp for this ebcause of the longer startup time, but if winamp put both steps into one, then I will switch).
afruff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 23:48   #149
afruff23

Quote:
Originally posted by The Absorbant
I agree with that! Playing directly from PFS units should be a priority!
I think there's some inherent problem with P4$. You can't play files off it directly no matter what(I might be wrong). Anyway, it's your fault for buying P4$ devices. Next time go for a USB mass storage device.
afruff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 09:40   #150
chui101

Pocket Tunes 3.1.3

I am running Pocket Tunes 3.1.3 (latest) on a Palm T|X, using MTP, and ml_pmp seems to only be semi-working.

The first track will freeze up Winamp for a minute, then transfer starts and finishes fine.
When the second track comes up for transfer, the plugin will freeze up again. Eventually it will come up with an error like 'Error: Cannot create folder' or 'Error in insert: 800703e3'
The next track transfers fine, without delay.
The track after that, and every other track after this, has the same problem as the 2nd track: the folder or insert error.

It almost seems like there's a problem initializing back-to-back transfers, because when I transfer one track at a time, it works.

Pocket Tunes's MTP implementation works fine with WMP, but I would much rather use Winamp - my music library is already organized in Winamp.
chui101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 19:10   #151
jimisola

Will,

I no longer have a problem with my iPod Video 60GB (fw 1.1) as stated Feb 27th. I haven't done any changes, so I have no idea what changed other than me rebooting.

I have a feature request. In the Sync/Transer Queue view it would be nice to see the total amount of songs/items in transfer queue as well as how many that are left to transfer and an ETA.
Old 8th March 2006, 21:52   #152
jimisola

I do have the problem that syncing my iPod with WinAmp causes multiple duplicates on the iPod. It is very annoying and makes it impossible for me to use WinAmp to sync.

I gladly give more information given instructions.

J
Old 8th March 2006, 22:12   #153
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

[edit] note to self: read before posting...

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 07:28   #154
inspectorgadget

A problem that seems to just be ignored, will, that myself and MANY others are having, as can be seen in this post: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....highlight=ipod

One person made a comment about it in this post and no one responded... so i'm just trying to get it out there. It's a very strange problem!

For no good reason, winamp tries to re-add songs that already are in the ipod and it's always the same exact songs.

Thanks.
inspectorgadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 11:23   #155
amigenius

Hi,

Here's another anoying bug with pmp_ipod.dll.

Everytime when turning on my Dell 2405 TFT, which has 4 card readers (MMC,Memorystick etc.) build in connected via USB to my PC, while Winamp is running this plugin tries to scan this 4 newly connected EMPTY Drives which causes 4 Windows Request that the Drives are empty.

If i remove the pmp_ipod.dll everything is fine.

So it seems that the pmp_ipod.dll tries to read data from every new connected USB Drive no matter if a medium is inserted or not inserted in the Drives.

cya

Ralf
amigenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 14:18   #156
will

Quote:
Originally posted by inspectorgadget
A problem that seems to just be ignored, will, that myself and MANY others are having, as can be seen in this post: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....highlight=ipod

One person made a comment about it in this post and no one responded... so i'm just trying to get it out there. It's a very strange problem!

For no good reason, winamp tries to re-add songs that already are in the ipod and it's always the same exact songs.

Thanks.
Just because I don't respond it doesn't mean I've ignored it. I have noted the existance of this problem and will look into a fix.

Old 9th March 2006, 14:42   #157
jimisola

Will,

I would advice you to remove iPod support from WinAmp 5.2 asap until it is stable. As of right now, it is not stable enough (duplicate problem etc), causing a lot of upset and giving WinAmp a really bad rep.

That said, I love your previous work with mlipod and hope that the new plugin will be even better in due time.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Jimisola
Old 9th March 2006, 16:57   #158
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
I agree

I have to ditto the guys before me that this plugin seems EXTREMELY premature. In my case, it lost the name of my iPod, and decided to rename it the title of my first playlist. It also told me (for some reason) that 17.5 gb or music can't fit in 18.5 gb of free space. In addition, when I tried to reinstal an older version of winamp, the media library tree is now broken, and the old ml_ipod plugin doesn't appear under devices anymore. I'm not just bothered, I'm upset because uninstalling the current version of winamp does not for some reason undo the changes to the media library tree. I was forced to uninstall, and then manually remove various main plugins until the problem fixed itself. I'm glad that winamp version 5.2 fixed the broken video problem I was having between versions 5.08 and 5.2, but now I can't use my iPod. So back to 5.08 for now. Please do more testing and hold off on including this BY DEFAULT in future releases until it is more stable.

*edit* 2 re-installs later and I STILL cannot fix the devices tree
skywalker6705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 17:15   #159
Beau Kemp

Reverted back to 5.13 and ml_ipod, life is good again! (after formatting my ipod and losing all of my playlists, settings, etc). I will NOT upgrade to a newer version of winamp ever again without reading through the forums first. Lesson Learned...
Old 9th March 2006, 17:31   #160
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
Did you find a way to restore the devices tree to how it was. I'm on my 4th reinstall, using nothing but default plugins and the ML_iPod plugin, and STILL whenever it recognizes it, it gets broken. More than likely the newer plugin busted the file system or something. An iPod format should fix it I guess.

**Edit**
I formatted my iPod. Fixed the devices tree. The file structure was broken after using ml_pmp. So now I have ot leave my PC alone for 5 hours while my USB 1.1 tranfers 18 gigs back onto it. Ciao.

***Edit 2***
Ultimately Im glad that iPod and Portable media support is being added, but this is far too immature. It forced me to format my iPod, has numerous glitches, and ultimately is simply inferior to it's predecessor in every way soo far. Yet by updating we are forced to use it. I find this unfair, as I cannot keep up to date with security and have a functional media player at the same time. I'm a huge winamp advocate to everyone I know, but this drives the point home for me that lately winamp is just too focused on adding features, and not focused on keeping it a clean neat media player. I hate having to uninstall 4 different internet radio plugins every time I update. In short: Thank you for not letting the project die, but please don't force it on us.

Last edited by skywalker6705; 9th March 2006 at 17:51.
skywalker6705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion