Old 13th January 2007, 01:17   #241
DrO

anything to do with album art really would be based on the support being added into the rest of winamp (so that the pmp_* stuff would then be able to access any apis/common code to do it). and all that is currently in the wishlist i believe but as is always the case with the wishlist, there's never a guarantee anything in there will _ever_ be implemented

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 17:38   #242
tebbutt

Re: Track Order: SanDisk Digital Audio Player SDMX1

Quote:
Originally posted by caa100
[B]Winamp 5.32 recognizes this player as a USB device.
(SanDisk Digital Audio Player SDMX1)

This player has an annoying "feature." Within a folder, it plays songs in the order they were copied to the player. (Even if file names have numeric prefixes.)

In ML, if you click an album and send to the drive, the files are added to the "transfer queue" in alphabetic order by the track name (not the file name). So you wind up with an alphabetic playback order.

To work around it, create a playlist and send the playlist to the player. When done this way, files are added to the transfer queue in playlist order.

-caa
Hi there, I have a MSI P200 1GB MP3 Player
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...200&class=mega

I have the same problem as described above, (ie) my mp3 player plays songs in the order that they were copied TO the player (Date Modified). The workaround by creating the playlist works for sure, but this is a JIPPO!!! it would be much nicer to right click on files in my oober large playlist, and go "Send To: My MSI P200". or whatever.

As for the alternate solution: drag-dropping files to the device using windows explorer, this does the desired job (correctly copies tracks to the device in order), but however one does not benefit from winamp automatically renaming the filenames to something shorter, which is better on the small one-line screen display.

So here's the crux of the matter: Is it possible for someone to correct / tweak the order in which the transfer queue writes to the mp3 device? (ie) I need it to write according to path/filename NOT alphabetical according to TRACK name...

___
tebbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 17:57   #243
glop

Quote:
will support adding album covers and photos.
about covers
the alternative plugin for ipod nammed mlipod
(there : www.mlipod.com) can support it

about photos..winamp don't support photos pictures.....for the moment

we made a plugin to browse picture and photos
(http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=147248) we're waiting some help from winamp to be included or to know to be compatible with the Windows's shell
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 03:55   #244
spamgohere

Feature Request for pmp_ipod

Hi could you add a feature that randomly selects from a saved playlist and adds files to the PMP until the device's file system is full? iTunes can do this and it is AWESOME.

That is the only thing from preventing from using winamp again.

Cheers :-)
spamgohere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 08:23   #245
jay armstrong

I'm pretty sure you can already do that (as of 5.3x) with the autofill ... randomly pick from a playlist and fill the device until full.
jay armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 04:43   #246
Sir Demitri

Help

Is Zune supported on Winamp? I absolutely love Winamp and want it to work on the Zune I'm getting tomorrow. Can anybody tell me if it works or what plugins I need if it requires any?
Sir Demitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 08:16   #247
DrO

there is no zune support and from what i remember of seeing in another post zune support is unlikely to appear for the forseeable future if at all.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 09:00   #248
glop

mmmm
somethin can be updated for the Zune to appear in Explorer and to be known by winamp as a device

Disconnect the zune

-. Look in register (windows > execute > "regedit"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\
-. make a search in this tree of "PortableDeviceNameSpace"
-. A line like this will appear Vid_####&Pid_####\########_-_########_-_########_-_######## (the # are characters and digits specificaly of your Zune)
-. Change theses values
* EnableLegacySupport to 1
* PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell to 0
* ShowInShell to 1
-. Connect your Zune
-. In The Shell, Your Zune must appear as usb hard drive ...and be reconized in the winamp media library
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:47   #249
xcuse

up to now i'm still using winamp with mlipod 1.30. maybe i just dont understand how 'portable device support' works...

with mlipod i work like this:
* in winamp i have created a smart view called 'transfer to ipod'
* this smartview i 'send to' the ipod which holds my smart playlists
* so with one transfer all the existing smart playlists on the ipod are filled with the songs which match the defined criterias

is something like that possible with 'portable device support' build in in winamp?
xcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 12:06   #250
xcuse

i deinstalled mlipod 1.30 and installed 'portable device support'. but this is not a good solution for me.

so i upgraded to mlipod 3.0 and everything works very perfect!
xcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 12:54   #251
joseph.stevens7
Banned

I feel like a real newbie here, but how exactly am I supposed to get mp3s from winamp to my ipod?

I hate the itunes software and have used winamp since fairly close to when it first came out.

Is it necessary for me to download a plugin or does it work already? Sorry if I am not on the same page as everyone here
joseph.stevens7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 14:18   #252
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

plug in ipod.

go to media library --> select what you want --> right click -->send to--> ipod
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 13:59   #253
BUFF BOY

hey guys, i just got a ipod 8gig nano... how do i get this to work with winamp ????
BUFF BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 22:47   #254
fmg00

Is iphone supported? or will it be?
fmg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 02:22   #255
papaschtroumpf

As of winamp 5.52, things that are missing to native iPod support that caused me to reinstall ml_ipod (v3.04)

- I can get album art to work, even in the now playing song on my ipod classic. I have to use the "refresh album art" function, but at least it works. The native winamp plugin doesn't allow me to do that

- I seem to be able to get audiobooks to be recognized properly, the native winamp plugin seems clueless about audiobooks
papaschtroumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 05:04   #256
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by fmg00
Is iphone supported? or will it be?
not yet, don't know about the future.

but ml_ipod does it:
http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/wiki/IPhone
http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:18   #257
besonen

can winamp support a Creative Zen 32 GB either via USB or Plays for Sure modes?
besonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 22:09   #258
Dark Scholar

Trouble with Creative Zen 32 gb

I noticed that no one has been on this thread in a couple years but I thought it best to give it a shot here before posting a new thread. I'm having trouble with my Creative Zen 32 gb. It worked seamlessly with Winamp until a week ago. Now Winamp won't detect it. The firmware and everything is up-to-date and I didn't update the firmware or Winamp between when the Zen worked and when it stopped. Can't explain it. Just stopped detecting. If I reinstall Winamp then it works until I re-start the computer and then it stops detecting again. Help please, I don't want to have to keep re-installing Winamp everytime I use my laptop.

Thanks,
Be well,
DS
Dark Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion