Old 2nd February 2006, 09:59   #281
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Quote:
What I was saying was that in_wave should just pass mp3 with riff header
(ie. kinda equivalent to an mp3 with a .wav extension) ONLY onto in_mp3, not all WAVs. Heh.
OK, got you ;-D. Everything fine for me.
Old 2nd February 2006, 10:52   #282
siebe83
Forum King

- When ATF is disabled and you drop an mp3 file into the playlist editor, the length of that file appears the same as the currently playing file. If no file is playing, length is not displayed. Once the file itself is played, the length will be properly refreshed. Seems to only happen with mp3 files.

Btw, why 'artist - title' when ATF is disabled? Wouldn't you just have a 'secret ATF' working in the background then?
I'd say either remove that option completely, or always display the filename (without path) when ATF is disabled. But maybe there are reasons to do it the way it is now, dunno...

- The sizes of the Media Library in classic skin mode and in modern skin mode are somehow related, whereas they shouldn't...
In classic skin, make ML small. (Close/re-open Winamp if you want to make sure these small values are written to gen_ml.ini) Switch to modern skin and make ML huge. Then close and re-open Winamp. Switch to classic skin and the ML will be huge (just like in modern skin mode).
Seems to me that the size values of the modern ML are written to both studio.xnf and gen_ml.ini, whereas they should only be stored in studio.xnf. Probably not a 5.2-specific issue...

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:01   #283
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
- When ATF is disabled and you drop an mp3 file into the playlist editor, the length of that file appears the same as the currently playing file. If no file is playing, length is not displayed. Once the file itself is played, the length will be properly refreshed. Seems to only happen with mp3 files.
Yup, reproduced. Thanks.
Quote:
Btw, why 'artist - title' when ATF is disabled?
Mainly because this was the default behaviour before.
Does it not just show the filename if there's no metadata?
(depending on whether ml metadata guessing options are enabled or not)
Quote:
The sizes of the Media Library in classic skin mode and in modern skin mode are somehow related, whereas they shouldn't...
Yeah, I see it. Like you say, that probably isn't behaving right and needs looking into, heh.
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:04   #284
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
<wasabi:text> text size isn't correct (too small)

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:58   #285
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
something I forgot:
the ml-icons are cool! could u make them skinable?

Old 2nd February 2006, 14:08   #286
DrO

they already are skinned there's meant to be a plugin api to handle them which is either done or in the works but i don't know how this would work from a skin (which i guess is what you'd be wanting)

-daz
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:11   #287
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

yes, that's what i want to do!
But this bug is really b.f.:
<wasabi:text> text size isn't correct (too small)

Load a skin (for example my panther skin) and go to skin preferences. Some of the Wasabi:Text and the texts on the tabsheets are really tiny!!
Please remove this.

Old 2nd February 2006, 16:35   #288
DaRipper

I got something nobody else seemed to notice:
When installing the beta version, it gives the option to choose between modern, classic or currently used skin. Well I chose the last, but it started with the classic skin instead
Old 2nd February 2006, 16:39   #289
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

And did you actually select a skin from the drop-down menu?
Old 2nd February 2006, 16:59   #290
motion157

Is anyone else experiencing long delays in closing winamp? It takes about 10 seconds for winamp to close after hitting the 'X'. Winamp 5.13 is almost instantaneous.
Old 2nd February 2006, 17:12   #291
DaRipper

Quote:
And did you actually select a skin from the drop-down menu?
Now that you mention it, let me add something. I have some skins (both classic and modern) installed on my system, but the 'use current skin' is greyed out and there's nothing in the drop-down menu...

did I miss something somewhere somehow?

@Motion157
No, it goes away as soon as I shoo it off
Old 2nd February 2006, 18:30   #292
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by motion157
Is anyone else experiencing long delays in closing winamp? It takes about 10 seconds for winamp to close after hitting the 'X'. Winamp 5.13 is almost instantaneous.
I get this too. The window does disappear instantaneously, but the program is still running for about 5-10 seconds after this. (you can see this for example if you try and install something in winamp while it is still on, e.g. if u install Dr O's JTFE 13b build, it'll shut winamp, but then it wont be able to update the file it needs to (and you either wait 5 seconds, or repeatedly click retry for 5 seconds) and once winamp is fully shut it updates.

Nikhil
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:05   #293
pablo.see

I'm experiencing this delay too. Latest Beta (5.2 393). It takes 10-15 seconds terminate winamp proces completly (winamp window and tray icon disappear but winamp proces still running for 15 seconds).
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:26   #294
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

And is this with "look for new channels on exit" checked/unchecked in
Prefs > Media Library > Online Media > Modify Preferences?

Note, that setting has been in Winamp since 5.09x

Other than that, it could be something to do with Devices support
and if so, it's probably already been fixed internally.
And if it's not that, then it could be some other unsupported 3rd-party plugin to blame (your "report" is useless/invalid if you've got any of these running with the beta).

Alas, based on the lack of info provided, it's all guesswork, heh.

[edit]

Re: nicktheguru's post below

Confirm a clean install of 5.2beta with NO 3rd-party plugins.
Basically, we can't reproduce the problem, heh.
(unless it's something to do with pmp_p4s support, in which case that's already known & fixed).
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:10   #295
niktheguru

Well, i thought it could be the online checkin on exit thing, but i just turned that off and it made absolutely no difference.

Takes about 9 seconds for winamp to leave the task manager (in these 9 seconds it uses about 47% of the CPU, similar to the delay on start up)

I am not using any third party plugins except Dr O's JTFE extra build 13b and shanehs toaster. (But have been using these for ages)

Nikhil
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:11   #296
afruff23

Hi, I use foobar to manage my smart playlists for my mp3 player(it uses less memory and has faster startup time and has mass export of playlists). At some point I have tagged some of my files with Winamp. When I would build smart playlists with foobar, it wouldn't read the tags of some songs. I googled this and found out that some other programs don't tag correctly(i.e. Winamp)
Source

This causes foobar to not import songs correctly into the database. Is there any fix to this besides sifting through and retagging all of the files it reads incorrectly? Also, is Winamp 5.2 rid of this issue?
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:40   #297
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by afruff23
...is Winamp 5.2 rid of this issue?
Why not install it, and then you tell us?

Though afaik, the answer is "yes".
Old 3rd February 2006, 01:54   #298
afruff23

But is there anyway to have a program go through all of my collection and correct the tags itself rather than manually do it?

I don't install BETAs unless it's a simple application.
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:15   #299
dhead998

Quote:
Originally posted by dhead998
Insert a CD with data and audio tracks
Go to CD view in ml
Probably the first track will show as data track and the others as audio tracks:
*Double-Click the first audio track
Winamp will play the second audio track
*Double click the data track
Winamp will play the first audio track
*Double-click the last track
Winamp won´t play... (probably this is the data track)

Ripping:
Winamp works fine, if u select the data track winamp show an error message, and the first audio track/last will be ripped as firts/last...

I can´t remember but I think this bug exist in any version of winamp 5, not only in this beta...

Any version of winamp 5 (5.2.393)
Win98SE

Anyone got this?

Another weird things...

*Winamp always crashes when I close it, but save the settings and do not open the reporter, just do not save the playlist

*Winamp always show ????????????? in the taskbar no matter what file I play

*Wave files load slow now

Anyone has it too or happened a problem during my installation?
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:45   #300
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by afruff23
But is there anyway to have a program go through all of my collection and correct the tags itself rather than manually do it?
Yeah, probably, but I personally/honestly don't know, heh. There's some references earlier on this thread (here), re: id3v2 tags should be UTF-16 or ISO 8859-1 only (v2.4 also supports utf-8), so I guess you could use some mass tagger to fix them using one of those formats. Alas, the old Winamp code let you write tags using system locale (ISO whatever), which was wrong, and the main thing is that Benski fixed it (though note that it wasn't his or anyone else on the current dev teams's bug), and also managed to maintain backwards compatibility.
Quote:
I don't install BETAs unless it's a simple application.
So why are you even posting in this thread? ;-)

@dhead998

Re: CD problem

If it also exists in previous versions, then it's not a 5.2beta-specific issue, and therefore should be posted as a 5.13 bug in the main Bug Reports forum, ie. not here.

Note, we can't reproduce any of your other issues, heh.
Old 3rd February 2006, 03:20   #301
dhead998

I redownloaded winamp and the weird thing do not happen anymore... Sorry for posting the cd issue here
Old 3rd February 2006, 03:28   #302
afruff23

Well, I occasionally install betas if they improve in some way which would change my routine or performance.
Old 3rd February 2006, 03:56   #303
DaRipper

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Re: nicktheguru's post below

Confirm a clean install of 5.2beta with NO 3rd-party plugins.
Basically, we can't reproduce the problem, heh.
(unless it's something to do with pmp_p4s support, in which case that's already known & fixed).
I tried to find out whether my statement was wrong when I said WA went away as soon as I shooed it off, well I maintain what I said before, it disappears from the taskbar in less than 2secs, that's the time most applications take to completely shut down on my system. And I confirm a clean install. And same result with only gen msn plug in installed.

Maybe they should give more specs of their PCs. Mine's below:
Gigabyte 8I845PE-RZ
P4 Prescott 2.8Ghz
Generic 256Mb DDR PC2700 (not much, really !! )
GeForce 4 MX 4000 128 DDR
TV-Tuner card

2 all those having ID3 tag problems

Did you try software like MP3 Collector ID3 Tag Editor ? Didn't use it myself, but from the description it apparently can copy ID3v1 to ID3v2, and it has a review function so you can see what would happen before messing everything up. I'm suggesting...

Last edited by DaRipper; 3rd February 2006 at 04:17.
Old 3rd February 2006, 06:43   #304
alnis

Quote:

This closing problem has been there since that version. And it is still in the beta 393. I guess it is because the computer is no connected to internet. I think, if user selects "Not connected to internet" in setup, this option should be turned off, because if I have no internet, it is strange to search anything there.
Old 3rd February 2006, 06:50   #305
DaRipper

Quote:
Originally posted by alnis
This closing problem has been there since that version. And it is still in the beta 393. I guess it is because the computer is no connected to internet. I think, if user selects "Not connected to internet" in setup, this option should be turned off, because if I have no internet, it is strange to search anything there.
And how do you think they got on this forum?
Old 3rd February 2006, 09:11   #306
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by DaRipper
I tried to find out whether my statement was wrong when I said WA went away as soon as I shooed it off, well I maintain what I said before, it disappears from the taskbar in less than 2secs, that's the time most applications take to completely shut down on my system. And I confirm a clean install. And same result with only gen msn plug in installed.

Maybe they should give more specs of their PCs. Mine's below:
Gigabyte 8I845PE-RZ
P4 Prescott 2.8Ghz
Generic 256Mb DDR PC2700 (not much, really !! )
GeForce 4 MX 4000 128 DDR
TV-Tuner card
Hi, i'm not complaining big time about it, i know theres always been a delay with opening and closing winamp since modern skins were banged into winamp 2/5. Its just that this delay has increased in the latest 5.2 builds in my opinion.

My computer specs:
P4 Prescott 3.6ghz
1 gig ram
Geforce 6800 ultra

Keep up the good work guys, look forward to many more things from winamp!

Nikhil
Old 3rd February 2006, 09:36   #307
shaneh
Major Dude

Its possible the delay is due to a crash, and it is writing out the dump file etc. I am getting a crash everytime I shut down winamp with this new build. With a clean installation using default install options, except the sonic ripping and using the 'shared settings' installation. It still has the access violation even with every single (default) plugin removed, including input, output and vis plugins, gen_ff, gen_ml, gen_crasher etc. Disabling SEH for plugins does not give a regular windows AV its just a msgbox, so the exception is obviously being caught, and its not from a plugin.

A quick debug session looks like its in ieframe.dll with urlmon. My guess is a conflict with the IE7 beta I have installed on this machine.
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:08   #308
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Yeah, people have already reported crashing in winamp when installing IE7 beta. But then, there are plenty of crash reports just using IE7 on its own without Winamp.

And here we are putting more and more functionality into IE. Amusing considering IE can become very unstable when peoples machines are infected with spyware et al.

Old 3rd February 2006, 15:31   #309
giovannibgr

Unicode playlist

I see that the initial problems with Unicode in id3v2 (unicode/non-unicode recognition) from beta 359 have been fixed, which is great

But is it possible that Winamp itself can get past the Locale codepage and show real unicode. I've got Cyrillic cp which shows nicely latin & cyrillic. When i write an id3(v2) in Greek though, it shows as "????????" in the playlist (and main window and ML too). This occured in previous versions too with the major difference that when i opened the id3 editor again for the same file, it showed rubbish too. Now it's just fine, so the playlist issue's fixable i guess (or is this why it says "id3v2 Unicode support" and not "Playlist Unicode support" )

PS: I tried switching to modern skin to see if that solves the problem... naah

PS2: Did somebody answer alnis for the playlist save failure on Winamp close (it keeps old ver of winamp.m3u if WinXP SP2 is shutdown with Winamp playing)? It must be WA 5.12 issue but i can't even find the thread to see it there.
Old 3rd February 2006, 15:45   #310
DaRipper

Quote:
Originally posted by niktheguru
Hi, i'm not complaining big time about it, i know theres always been a delay with opening and closing winamp since modern skins were banged into winamp 2/5. Its just that this delay has increased in the latest 5.2 builds in my opinion.
I'm not saying you're complaining big time about it, I was making some suggestions. No harm wanted, and no harm done you brought up something, I just cross-checked it on my system, that does not mean I'm right and you're wrong. We're on the same boat, and I'm just rowing in the same direction as you do ----> Towards a perfect Winamp 5.2 Yeah!!

Last edited by DaRipper; 3rd February 2006 at 16:54.
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:30   #311
glop

simple curiosity. since ...a certain time..nullsoft spoke about the possibility to burn mp3CD in Winamp (as can do media player) and DVD support.
i'm really happy of Winamp but does this project stopped or...for the 5.8 version ?
Old 3rd February 2006, 17:55   #312
pablo.see

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

Other than that, it could be something to do with Devices support
and if so, it's probably already been fixed internally.
And if it's not that, then it could be some other unsupported 3rd-party plugin to blame (your "report" is useless/invalid if you've got any of these running with the beta).

Alas, based on the lack of info provided, it's all guesswork, heh.

After unchecking this option, closing time cut down to 1 second.
Old 3rd February 2006, 20:13   #313
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by DaRipper
I'm not saying you're complaining big time about it, I was making some suggestions. No harm wanted, and no harm done you brought up something, I just cross-checked it on my system, that does not mean I'm right and you're wrong. We're on the same boat, and I'm just rowing in the same direction as you do ----> Towards a perfect Winamp 5.2 Yeah!!
Lol definitely, no offense taken at all mate. I just didn't wanna sound like i was moaning about the 7 seconds, i can put up with it easily, but just wanted to make it known so the devs could possibly improve on it. Maybe its due to IE7b2!

Nikhil
Old 4th February 2006, 18:01   #314
Rommel

Severals things. Kudos on the new version, many of the new features (gapless playback woot!) are fantastic.

I have one bug and one feature question to post about.

This is going back to older Winamp5 versions as well, but sometimes (and its hard to reproduce) the media library contents will appear scruched up inside the actual ML window, so that it takes up approximately a third of the actual size of the window itself, leaving 2/3 to blank space. It doesn't matter if you resize the window or shut down Winamp (and Winamp Agent), the only way I'm ever able to resolve it is by restarting the system. Been a MINOR annoyance since 5 came out long ago.

As for the MTP support. Very glad that you guys were able to put this in so quickly. But I have a couple questions/suggestions about it, which may or may not be rendered impossible by the properties of MTP.

First of all, I really despise iTunes. But one thing it lets you do that Winamp (or any of the ipod/creative plugins) doesn't is drag a song directly into a playlist and have it copied. Sometimes all I want to do is add a song or two from Windows Explorer but I have to first load it into the Playlist editor, then right click and copy it to my Nomad, and then search through the Nomad to find it and add it to the proper playlist. And even after that I have to then move it to the desired location inside the playlist. Having the ability to directly drag this to a specific spot in the playlist would be awesome.

Also, I'm aware of the playback restrictions, but as DM mentioned earlier, what about temporarily storing the file for playback purposes? And what about the ability to copy files from your player to your PC through Winamp? There HAS to be a way to do this, as I can do it through (in my case) Zen Xtra Media Explorer. Yes, I know that even iTunes has issues with copying music back to the PC, but dammit this is better than iTunes!

Keep up the great work.

-Romm
Old 4th February 2006, 18:44   #315
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
This is going back to older Winamp5 versions as well, but sometimes (and its hard to reproduce) the media library contents will appear scruched up inside the actual ML window, so that it takes up approximately a third of the actual size of the window itself, leaving 2/3 to blank space. It doesn't matter if you resize the window or shut down Winamp (and Winamp Agent), the only way I'm ever able to resolve it is by restarting the system. Been a MINOR annoyance since 5 came out long ago.
Hard to reproduce is an understatement.
Confirm a clean install with NO 3rd-party plugins. I think JTFE dev build was causing a similar problem (something to do with the winshade code) though DrO's already fixed it internally for the next build, heh.
(unless it's some other concurrently running process causing it, eg. desktop enhancement/shell replacement stuff?)
Old 4th February 2006, 18:52   #316
evh5150fan

Wow,

I must say, this beta is quite awesome! Great theroy behind the bugger, a must finish!

I only have one complaint, and it may just be my stupidity, but if it's there, I couldnt figure it out. When using the Nullsoft Media Player 10 Skin, the library is not really "the library" it is just a screen that diplays album art. I personallly like the "stable" version, where the library diplays the "now playing" "devices", "online content" "playlists" and "bookmarks" tab along with the search bar, all media window, and the current playlist tab. If it is not in there, it is a must add, it made WINAMP one hundred times easier to navigate.
Old 4th February 2006, 19:01   #317
gaekwad2
Foorum King

That may be a problem with this skin, but I can't reproduce it (you did try the library button?).
Old 4th February 2006, 20:32   #318
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
some nice and appreciated improvements. I was hoping that the new portable device plug-in would enable me to use winamp with my Rio Chiba but alas it is not the case. Unfortunately I am compelled to switch back to old Winamp 5.1 due to the fact that nifty 5.2 breaks some of my favorite plug-ins (most notably this one ). So I must live in the past if I want to continue to enjoy the functionality I currently have, sigh.
Old 4th February 2006, 20:39   #319
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I'm sure Joonas will eventually fix his drag+drop plugin to work with 5.2
(well, I truly hope so, 'cos I use it too).

Note, we don't expect you to replace 5.13 with 5.2beta.
We expect you to install 5.2beta to a clean dir and test it (with NO 3rd-party plugins).
You can always reinstall 5.13 to the main Winamp dir afterwards to make it the default player again (or manually edit HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\winamp.exe\shell\... to point to 5.13 winamp.exe), and continue to test 5.2beta separately...

(although I personally did it the other way round, ie. 5.2beta is my main install, and I've still got 5.13 installed in another dir, heh).

One thing you can do is set noregistry=1 in winamp.ini (for the beta install)
which will prevent the beta from overwriting filetype associations in HKCR.
You can also set minst=1 in both winamp.ini's which will let you run 5.13 and 5.2beta at the same time.

@evh5150fan
NMP10 skin works perfectly ok for me with 5.2beta, so you're probably doing something wrong there, heh. You might also want to try this cool single ui skin.
Old 4th February 2006, 23:50   #320
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
joonas has really been busy with work as of late. He's redoing the latest DL... cleaning code & such. He'll pretty much have to repair all of his plugins, i think all 3 lose functionality in 5.2beta... so he is aware of the problem.

anyways, what the hell is up with the IE7 bug?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion