Old 5th February 2006, 00:01   #321
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
anyways, what the hell is up with the IE7 bug?
Sorry, but we don't support IE7 beta yet, and neither does anyone else. By installing IE7 Beta you should be prepared to experience problems with any programs that use any IE APIs.

This is why Microsoft currently say: "Developers and IT pros: Download and evaluate the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview".

I'm sure Winamp will be made IE7 compatible when IE7 becomes fit for general users.
Old 5th February 2006, 02:11   #322
Ðårkeñ®

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Sorry, but We don't support IE7 beta yet, and neither does anyone else. By installing IE7 Beta you should be prepared to experience problems with any programs that use any IE apis.

This is why Microsoft currently say: "Developers and IT pros: Download and evaluate the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview".

I'm sure Winamp will be made IE7 compatible when IE7 becomes fit for general users, heh.
All programs works fine for me with IE7b2... including Winamp 5.13. But, Winamp 5.2 beta build 393 don't work.
Old 5th February 2006, 02:20   #323
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Define "don't work". Full details please.
Old 5th February 2006, 02:37   #324
Ðårkeñ®

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Define "don't work". Full details please.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ðårkeñ®
Winamp 5.2 build 393:

code:
Application popup:
winamp.exe - Application Error :
The instruction at "0x7c80979d" referenced memory at "0x01340024".
The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This error appear when I close Winamp.
+
Quote:
code:
Application popup:
winamp.exe - Application Error :
The instruction at "0x7c80979d" referenced memory at "0x01340024".
The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Update: Same error when I try to install/reinstall Winamp 5.2 Build 393.

I have this problem since the installation of IE7 beta 2 public preview. But, except this problem, all works fine!
+
Quote:
Update²: No more problem with Winamp 5.13 and Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Public Preview. All works fine!
Old 5th February 2006, 02:45   #325
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, and does everyone else get that same error with 5.2beta and IE7beta?
So it's just when you close Winamp then?
Do you still get the error if you remove all in/out/gen/dsp/ml/vis_*.dll files in the Plugins dir?
If not, then start moving them back in, one at a time until the error reoccurs (restore the ml_*.dll's last) and let us know which plugin is to blame.
Old 5th February 2006, 03:18   #326
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
I removed everything from my plugins folder, also moved out all of the dll files in the winamp folder, on close i get this error: 0x7c80979d at 0x00e40024

If i keep feedback.ini and gen_crasher.dll in the plugins folder, WA beta crash reporter comes up, but it says: error unable to run reporter, here is the crash log that was created.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
A quick debug session looks like its in ieframe.dll with urlmon. My guess is a conflict with the IE7 beta I have installed on this machine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (91.8 KB, 407 views)
Old 5th February 2006, 03:35   #327
Ðårkeñ®

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
I removed everything from my plugins folder, also moved out all of the dll files in the winamp folder, on close i get this error: 0x7c80979d at 0x00e40024

If i keep feedback.ini and gen_crasher.dll in the plugins folder, WA beta crash reporter comes up, but it says: error unable to run reporter, here is the crash log that was created.

[edit]
Just tested, same thing for me.
Old 5th February 2006, 03:47   #328
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, ieframe.dll is new to IE7 and looks like it's a replacement for browseui.dll and shdocvw.dll and maybe shlwapi.dll. Quite a major change there, heh.
Old 5th February 2006, 06:58   #329
einpoklum

WinAmp 5.2 playlist RTL

WinAmp should have an option to layout a track in RTL/LTR according to whether or not its name contains words in an RTL language or not.
Old 5th February 2006, 09:57   #330
DaRipper

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
anyways, what the hell is up with the IE7 bug?
I don't personnally know, but I'm not going to make two betas' co-exist on my pc

@nikhiltheguru
Did you try it without IE7b2 ? I think it would be worth a try... Uninstall both IE7b2 and WinAmp 5.2. Install WinAmp 5.2, see how it works then install IE7b2. It's only a suggestion bro, that's what I would do, but I don't trust Bill Gates' betas
Old 5th February 2006, 17:26   #331
warcryme

Send a message via ICQ to warcryme
Unicode Playlist

I have the same problem as giovannibgr (a while back). I'm not sure if its a bug or I'm just not using the correct settings. My unicode chinese characters appear fine in the "View playlist info..." screen, but in the PLAYLIST itself, I see only "?????". It's useless to have id3v2 unicode support but not playlist unicode support.

Am I doing something wrong? I was trying to play around with the settings in the 'Font Rendering' tab of the 'Modern Skin' preferences. Which of these checkboxes should be selected? I'm confused...
- Use FreeType internal TTF?
- Select Auto (Unicode -> Latin-1 -> ASCII)?
- Use alternate fonts?
- Keep primary font?
- Use skin font mapper?
- Allow use of bitmap fonts?
- Use Truetype replacement?
- Have Default Arial font?

I want my unicode!! Someone help me!
Old 5th February 2006, 17:35   #332
giovannibgr

Unicode.. again?

Are my posts in some invisible mode, or nobody is able to answer the question?

Probably i'm to impatient, but i see that the others get answered in no time, i'm beginning to worry about it
Old 5th February 2006, 17:40   #333
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Everytime, when I edit Ogg vorbis comments with the library, Winamp crashes and I get an error message.

Editing tags from the playlist works fine.

This just occurs with ogg files, and does not happen with Winamp 5.13.

Running Winamp 5.2 Beta 393 (clean install) on Windows XP Pro.
Asus P4-c800-e DX Board
P4 3,00GHz
1024MB Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro

Can anyone confirm this?
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (13.5 KB, 400 views)
Old 5th February 2006, 18:59   #334
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Koopatrooper
No, I can't reproduce that (using latest internal beta build).

I'll leave it for someone else to explain the unicode stuff ;-)
Old 5th February 2006, 19:14   #335
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

@warcryme and giovannibgr
Yup. (Is that good enough of an explanation Egg?)

While the ID3v2 editor can read and display unicode characters, the playlist editor cannot. The ? means that the unicode character doesn't exist in the local code page, since right now Winamp doesn't have full Unicode support, to have full unicode support, all of winamp has to use 16bit filenames rather than 8bit filenames which would break a number of things. Which will still be hopefully comming one day.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 5th February 2006, 19:57   #336
warcryme

Send a message via ICQ to warcryme
Okay thanks drewbar. I just wanted to know one way or another. Now I don't have to waste any more time playing with settings. I REALLY REALLY hope this gets fixed one day in the near future... REALLY. Maybe 5.3? Or 5.21?
fingers crossed....
Old 5th February 2006, 20:12   #337
DrO

general preferences -> playlist -> uncheck 'use skin or language pack font' and then select a font from there

-daz
Old 5th February 2006, 21:35   #338
sebt

Hey DJEgg, any chance of that ol' DirectX output driver bug (device names) being fixed during the latest development phase?

If you recall, I had this problem (which I've posted about before) where my DSP factory drivers expose their windows drivers as:

DS2416 Output 1
DS2416 Output 8
DS2416 Output 1 (2)
DS2416 Output 8 (2)

.. the second group of outputs refers to the second card in a 2 DS2416 card configuration. Unfortunately, Winamp's DirectX output driver loses the (2) from the text, showing a two lists of drivers 1..8 - because of the way Windows dropdowns work, the second set can never be chosen because their text is identical to the first. Have a look through my post history for a more thorough explanation.

Here's hoping!

Seb
Old 5th February 2006, 23:08   #339
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
every 5.2 beta build has caused my iPod to lose lists of media .. but it's usually the album or podcast list on the iPod. I really would like to see this fixed if it's a bug, or maybe it's something I'm doing I'm not aware of, who knows
Old 6th February 2006, 09:16   #340
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
hey I've figured out why the fontsize of <Wasabi:text> isn't correct!

Wa5.2 doesn't support the text param "fontsize" anymore or set the size to a wrong value. If you use the param "size"it works!
So please change the param "fontsize" to "size" in the xui-definition of Wasabi:Text! or reanable "fontsize" for beckwardcompatibility to older skins!

Martin

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 6th February 2006, 10:19   #341
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

O_o doesnt seem like something that would just change.

Old 6th February 2006, 10:55   #342
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
...so please fix this bug

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 6th February 2006, 12:29   #343
jack_o_neil2004

Well ive got the new beta

Ive performed a clean install and have got a small problem

Winamp works fine for administrator accounts but for a limited account i get cannot initalize database in every screen on the media library. Im also using the same settings for each user.

Any ideas?
Old 6th February 2006, 12:56   #344
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Reinstall it and this time select "separate settings per user account" on the "Multi-user settings" page (Screen 5) of the installer options.

You won't get the library to work (for limited profiles) with the shared 'same settings for all users' option, not unless you grant write permissions to the Winamp dir for all user profiles.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#users
Old 6th February 2006, 13:49   #345
jack_o_neil2004

OK i think im being really dense here.

Ive uninstalled Winamp and reinstalled it as the Administrator and the admin can use it fine but the other users cannot. For them there is no winamp at all

What the hell am i doing wrong?

I think i need to totally remove Winamp including all registry entries etc and have no idea how to do this. Can someone please contact me so i can get this sorted. Winamp is the best player out there and this problem is starting to annoy me just a little lol.

I know its prolly my fault but i dont care as long as i can get it sorted

Thanks for reading the ramble and DJ Egg thanks for you very quick responses.
Old 6th February 2006, 15:06   #346
niktheguru

Another problem i've recently found (dunno if anyone else has this. Occasionally i find that when i click jump to file i get a blank black box like this. Now i initially thought this was just a jtfe issue.....but every once and a while this happens to the media library too, it then also happens in the sense that thecontents of the window are just displaced (so for example i can see the media library, but only half of it, cos contents of the window have moved half way down the box.

The only way to alleviate the situation is by shutting winamp and restarting it.

This has only happened on this latest build. (previous 5.2 beta builds were fine i think )

I dunno if its a ie7b2 problem or not.

Nikhil
Old 6th February 2006, 16:09   #347
Rommel

Quote:
Originally posted by STanger
every 5.2 beta build has caused my iPod to lose lists of media .. but it's usually the album or podcast list on the iPod. I really would like to see this fixed if it's a bug, or maybe it's something I'm doing I'm not aware of, who knows
This is definately a problem, but I'm not sure if it's WinAmp's fault.

My buddies iPod now does not display correctly in iTunes any longer when he connects it. He can see all of his songs and playlists in Winamp and on the iPod itself. However, when he opens up iTunes, the iPod shows up but shows NO MUSIC at all, even though the total songs and size remaining column are accurate.

So I sleuth a bit. Turns out that ALL of the View Preferences have been disabled. And with the wonders of iTunes, you can turn every column in the world back on except for the "NAME" column, which is essentially the song title column. So now we have the Album and Artist columns viewable in iTunes but cant tell the name of the song.

I believe that this is done on the part of Apple. I believe that they have a component of iTunes that detects if something other than iTunes modifies the library of the iPod and that automatically disables all of these fields so that the user is "forced" to use iTunes only. I can't confirm any of this of course.

Has anyone experienced this problem in the past? Anybody know how to re-enable the NAME column in iTunes?

-Romm
Old 6th February 2006, 17:36   #348
jack_o_neil2004

WINAMP ROCKS

Many thanks to the ppl that helped me out with the problem. After some dinking about with installs and things all is good. All users have access to it and it seems so far ok.

Again thanks it turns out i was missing a small thing lol

Again thanks
Old 6th February 2006, 17:42   #349
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
This is definately a problem, but I'm not sure if it's WinAmp's fault.

My buddies iPod now does not display correctly in iTunes any longer when he connects it. He can see all of his songs and playlists in Winamp and on the iPod itself. However, when he opens up iTunes, the iPod shows up but shows NO MUSIC at all, even though the total songs and size remaining column are accurate.

So I sleuth a bit. Turns out that ALL of the View Preferences have been disabled. And with the wonders of iTunes, you can turn every column in the world back on except for the "NAME" column, which is essentially the song title column. So now we have the Album and Artist columns viewable in iTunes but cant tell the name of the song.

I believe that this is done on the part of Apple. I believe that they have a component of iTunes that detects if something other than iTunes modifies the library of the iPod and that automatically disables all of these fields so that the user is "forced" to use iTunes only. I can't confirm any of this of course.

Has anyone experienced this problem in the past? Anybody know how to re-enable the NAME column in iTunes?

-Romm
I should have mentioned this in my previous post but all I've had to do is to re-sync the 'Pod in iTunes and when I eject it next, everything is how/where it should be but I shouldn't have to do that ya know.
Old 6th February 2006, 18:05   #350
Rommel

Quote:
Originally posted by STanger
I should have mentioned this in my previous post but all I've had to do is to re-sync the 'Pod in iTunes and when I eject it next, everything is how/where it should be but I shouldn't have to do that ya know.
Right, but that's the point. You have to resync it with iTunes which wipes out any changes you made in Winamp. And in this case, we already had Manual update mode turned on, so resyncing would wipe the ipod anyway.

Can anybody else confirm this issue or have a way to resolve it?

-Romm
Old 6th February 2006, 20:18   #351
Rommel

Found this tidbit rummaging through the Apple forums:

Quote:
If you're talking about this happening on the view of the iPod, I can explain it, but I know of only one fix.

First, the fix: Restore the iPod and put all your music back on it using iTunes.

Second, prevention: Don't use any other iPod capable program except iTunes.

Third, the reason: iTunes stores that column sizing infomation in the iTunesDB file on the iPod, where all the really useful information is stored. If you use some third party program to manipulate files on the iPod, it's going to have to rewrite this file. Most other programs don't understand the iTunes column sizing bits, so they leave it out or fake it up in some way. Without this information, iTunes columns display for the iPod gets all funky.

If you're interested in technical gibberish, the iTunes column display information is stored in the type 100 MHOD before any MHIPs in the MHYP for each playlist.
Is it possible that the portables iPod plugin is incorrectly recording this column info? And if so, it would benefit you guys greatly if you could decipher how to write it correctly so that iTunes displays the data once its accessed by an iPod.

-Romm
Old 6th February 2006, 20:52   #352
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
Found this tidbit rummaging through the Apple forums:

Is it possible that the portables iPod plugin is incorrectly recording this column info? And if so, it would benefit you guys greatly if you could decipher how to write it correctly so that iTunes displays the data once its accessed by an iPod.

-Romm
Aaah fantastic! Thanks very much.

I was wondering what was causing this, and now I can fix it (because we DO know how to write this info).

[edit: turns out that we were writing it, but somehow incorrectly. It uses the itunes default if we don't write it out at all, so this is what will be happening from the next beta onwards until I can find out how to do it correctly.]

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 6th February 2006, 21:12   #353
osmosis
Major Dude

playlist metadata bug. I like to have winamp automatically load the metadata on view in the playlist. in 393 it does the titles from ID3 etc correctly, but on the song length it takes the length from the first track in the list and then says all the other tracks in the list are the same length. overall the new beta seems much faster than previous build/versions. keep up the good work!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known & already fixed internally

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 6th February 2006, 23:31   #354
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Er. To clarify my previous post, if you are suffering from this problem where you can't see your music in itunes (but you can in winamp), then wait for the next beta and you will be able to see it in both.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 7th February 2006, 10:26   #355
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
i posted about this problem two times in this thread, and i keep getting no response at all.

every time i start winamp, i get this message:
[edit: multipost fixed. --will]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled1.jpg (30.7 KB, 427 views)

help us count :Click here
Old 7th February 2006, 12:46   #356
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

looks to me like your windows media codec install is broken. did you play with the settings within the installer?

Old 7th February 2006, 19:56   #357
fisher819

i installed ffdshow lately because i had some videos that did not play.

Old 7th February 2006, 20:58   #358
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No, it's got nothing to do with ffdshow. At a guess, you're getting that error message because you installed support for one or all of Windows Media Audio, Windows Media Video & Windows Media Encoder in the Winamp Installer Options, but you unchecked (or blocked) "System Codecs > Download & Install (if required)" on Screen 5 of the Installer Options, and therefore your WM system codecs weren't updated and you're using (or trying to use) old & incompatible versions, hence the error message. But based on the lack of information provided, this is all just guesswork, heh.

C:\Windows\system32\DRMClien.dll is part of the Windows Media package, and handles DRM support (not just in Windows Media Player, but for all players which support DRM'ed WMA/WMV playback).

Tell us what the version # is of your drmclien.dll
Also include the version # for wmvcore.dll (also in the %system% dir)
Include Windows OS (plus Service Pack) in your reply, confirmation that you installed support for WMA/WMV in the Winamp installer options, and attach a dxdiag log & my_plugin_list.txt file to your reply (more info/instructions here).
Old 7th February 2006, 22:42   #359
fisher819

system specs:
intel celeron cpu
2.4 GHz
256 mb RAM
win xp sp2
direct x 9.0c
winamp 5.2 beta (393)

no installed plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dxdiag.txt (37.3 KB, 415 views)

Old 7th February 2006, 23:09   #360
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

What do you mean by "no installed plugins"?
You've got some/all of the default plugins installed, haven't you?
Are in_wm.dll v3.01 and enc_wma.dll v1.1 both installed?
That's what I wanted to know mainly, heh.

What about the version numbers of drmclien.dll and wmvcore.dll that I asked for?
(locate them in the system32 dir, rt click > properties > version tab)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion