Old 3rd October 2006, 22:13   #201
W-Tiggeh

LOL, ok. I thought it was fixed with one of the files.
Old 4th October 2006, 05:53   #202
alexjoey

a column is surplus in id3v2

Hello to all, even if I saw that there was a new version 4.01 instead of 4.0 of the in_mp3.dll this one does not correct an error of the columns of the id3tag v2 'Album Artist' is exceeding. Even the new ml_local does nothing to this.
Please agree to make a new in_mp3.dll because I use only winamp to make my tags.
This way I would find my columns v1 and 2 good aligned, for easily comparing.

Even if this isn't an error, can you move it low, to refind a good aligned year&genre informations .

after answer ok, thanks, I'll do with this, and thanks for this word 'astecic' I didn't know.

Last edited by alexjoey; 4th October 2006 at 08:02.
Old 4th October 2006, 06:48   #203
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Album Artist is an extra filed that is supported by ID3v2 and not ID3v1. This is no error. Alignment may be an ascetics thing, but it isn't a bug.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 4th October 2006, 16:14   #204
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Can I ask? What the hell is Album Artist used for...? Surely Album and Artist is all you need...

O_o
Old 4th October 2006, 16:31   #205
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Usually it's for compilations, where the Album Artist might be "Various Artists" or the name of the record label or something.

Old 4th October 2006, 17:04   #206
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Just an off topic question if I may...
If you can get all the info in ID3v2, why use ID3v1?
Old 4th October 2006, 19:08   #207
Squadman

Oh ok. I understand. Thank's Benski.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:23   #208
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
A few old Hardware players (and even some software players) don't support ID3v2.

Old 4th October 2006, 19:29   #209
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Thanks Sawg.
Old 4th October 2006, 21:43   #210
Squadman

Is it possible in the next release to have the ability to edit 'Album Artist' in the 'Edit Selected Items' options in the Media Library? It would help.

Or can it only have the options from ID3v1?
Old 5th October 2006, 04:09   #211
devils night

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
Just an off topic question if I may...
If you can get all the info in ID3v2, why use ID3v1?
I need ID3v1. my mp3 player doesn't read any other tags

Proud Winamp user since 1997
(Winamp 1.006)
Old 5th October 2006, 09:16   #212
Hayden_54

Is it just me or has the way filename sorts in the media library different from the previous version of winamp (going from sorting by the full path to just the actual filename)?
I found sorting by path really useful, so was a bit disappointed by this.
Old 5th October 2006, 10:48   #213
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Yes, my bad, i said it should be fixed. sorting by filename should sort by filename, sort by path should sort by path.

if path isnt available, it should be added.

Old 5th October 2006, 11:00   #214
Hayden_54

Yeah, its good that filename is sorting filename to clear up any confusion, but there should be an option for filepath
(and also in the smart view editor filename is still referring to filepath, although it doesn't make as much difference here)

on another note, there should be columns for album artist and the option for it in the smart view editor
Old 5th October 2006, 12:21   #215
Gilgamesh83

Yo!

Just wanna give a heads up to people using the transcoding feature to turn off the eq because the transcoded file will carry the settings from the eq to the encoded file and it will result in you having a file with higher/lower sound depending on what setting you have on the eq while it's on. For instance if I transcode a file withe eq setting "laptop speakers/headphones" the transcoded file will be encoded with the sound enhanced in the eq setting "laptop speakers/laptop". Try it and use the replaygain feature to see the difference in volume. I'm telling people this beause the previous transcoder 0.6 didn't do this because winamp used a different output or something, anyway just a heads up.

PS. This happens wheter you use out_wave or out_ds.
Old 5th October 2006, 13:43   #216
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayden_54
Yeah, its good that filename is sorting filename to clear up any confusion, but there should be an option for filepath
(and also in the smart view editor filename is still referring to filepath, although it doesn't make as much difference here)

on another note, there should be columns for album artist and the option for it in the smart view editor
point taken.

Old 5th October 2006, 14:35   #217
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamesh83
Just wanna give a heads up to people using the transcoding feature to turn off the eq because the transcoded file will carry the settings from the eq to the encoded file and it will result in you having a file with higher/lower sound depending on what setting you have on the eq while it's on. For instance if I transcode a file withe eq setting "laptop speakers/headphones" the transcoded file will be encoded with the sound enhanced in the eq setting "laptop speakers/laptop". Try it and use the replaygain feature to see the difference in volume. I'm telling people this beause the previous transcoder 0.6 didn't do this because winamp used a different output or something, anyway just a heads up.
Try turning off "Fast Layer 3 EQ" in in_mp3's settings (prefs->input->nullsoft MPEG audio decoder (note that this setting is off by default). Except for MP3 w/ this setting, all other transcoding sources ignore the EQ.
Old 5th October 2006, 14:35   #218
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
No, can't reproduce here. I've transcoded around 10 files (MP3 to Ogg) with 5.3 & Transcoder v2.0 but none of them showed difference in volume due to EQ...(bcos I was listening to songs while transcoding with EQ on) My Output plugin is out_ds & I confirm no such incidence with any of 5.25 betas too.
Old 5th October 2006, 14:49   #219
Hayden_54

Quote:
point taken.
Thanks CraigF.
Would just like to add that I've been really liking these last few releases. There's been some real solid features added in.
Keep it up!
Old 5th October 2006, 17:56   #220
Gilgamesh83

solved it

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
Try turning off "Fast Layer 3 EQ" in in_mp3's settings (prefs->input->nullsoft MPEG audio decoder (note that this setting is off by default). Except for MP3 w/ this setting, all other transcoding sources ignore the EQ.
thx that solved that problem for me
Old 6th October 2006, 04:43   #221
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
No, can't reproduce here. I've transcoded around 10 files (MP3 to Ogg) with 5.3 & Transcoder v2.0 but none of them showed difference in volume due to EQ...(bcos I was listening to songs while transcoding with EQ on) My Output plugin is out_ds & I confirm no such incidence with any of 5.25 betas too.
neither can I <edit> using 5.3 </edit>

STanger
Old 6th October 2006, 05:02   #222
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

As already pointed out & resolved, it was the FastLayer3 EQ setting in in_mp3 config to blame. Most people here disabled that setting a long time ago, and it's now off by default, but I guess that it'll still be on for many people who just upgrade straight on top of the previous Winamp installation.
Old 6th October 2006, 06:08   #223
auhsor

(edited because I found the culprit file)

Small bug: I have a WMA file that has problems when using Replay Gain. It goes normally up to 98% and then waits for about 20 seconds. It then proceeds to keep going to about 226% progress then finishes.

I normally don't use WMA but it was one that I got online. I can send the file if it needs to be looked at.

Last edited by auhsor; 6th October 2006 at 06:27.
Old 6th October 2006, 07:42   #224
Gilgamesh83

Yeah! Sorry people but the whole transcoding issue with me is solved so just ignore that big fat post a couple of posts up.

The thing is, is that I keep the winamp ini when doing a clean install to keep the settings from the previous but have now updated the winamp.ini that I keep for backup reasons.
Old 6th October 2006, 20:29   #225
alexjoey

font changes when there's an accent

Good Evening, I'm noticing you since 5.3, only french audiences with recent skinFR, when tag title (and not necessarily file title I've got proof) has got an accent a with an accent, which doesn't pass here è é ù etc, except ', the windows title font displays as this, but correctly, and I love it. Because in french we use many accents.

We're understanding the obviousness of this, but we can't help thinking why this, didn't appeared before 5.3, it's a french affair so don't mind it.. but we enjoy the font
winamp 5.3 rocks for me
Thank you and sorry for your precious time.

Last edited by alexjoey; 6th October 2006 at 21:19.
Old 6th October 2006, 21:28   #226
Sawg
Forum King

It has to do with the International / Unicode features added to 5.3.

Old 6th October 2006, 21:38   #227
alexjoey

unicode of course

Of course Unicode, recent feature, is the reason of most probable, thanks for this opinion on the question.
Old 7th October 2006, 08:36   #228
baloneysammitch

Am I halucinating, or did the search/filter function for Shoutcast TV dissapear? If so, why? Convenient and ridiculous shoutcast TV was my main reason for staying loyal to Winamp over iTunes. Where is the search function!?
Old 7th October 2006, 08:44   #229
Sawg
Forum King

Yes, because it never actually worked in the first place!

Old 8th October 2006, 02:24   #230
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Thank you Benski for adding support for album artist.
Old 9th October 2006, 01:10   #231
kicarus

There's one type of WAV file Winamp still doesn't support - the Adobe Audition/Cool Edit 32-bit Float (16.8) WAV format.
Adobe Audition/CoolEdit works with this format and FL Studio also uses it for rendering,so audio files like this are common.
All I get now when playing these WAVs is massive distortion at dangerously high levels.
Will this format be supported in the next version of Winamp? I have loads of files like this,but I still can't play them with either Winamp or Foobar.
Old 9th October 2006, 02:40   #232
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Tried the in_dshow method, instead of in_wave?
Other than that, you'd need to zip up a small sample file and post a link here.
Old 9th October 2006, 06:44   #233
Cokebotle

Send a message via AIM to Cokebotle
I don't think this is related to the Media Library and Taskbar Unicode error, but I'm getting odd symbols in the Main Window where it lists the Artist and Title of a file. The Unicode correctly works in the Playlist (I didn't add any files to the Media Library yet), but not the Main Window. I didn't notice anything in the thread directly relating to the Main Window, but I just skimmed, so sorry if it was already answered.

Here's a screenshot.

What can I do to remedy this, or is it another issue that's being worked out? Thanks for the help!
Old 9th October 2006, 09:35   #234
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Have you tried to uncheck "Use FreeType internal TTF Rendering" in preferences -> Skins -> Modern Skins -> Font Rendering?

Does it work with Classic skins?
Old 9th October 2006, 12:53   #235
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I've added these to the FAQ.
Hopefully it'll help...?

Unicode characters not showing in Modern skin main window (5.25/5.3+)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....76#post2039576

Unicode characters not showing in playlist window or Classic skin (5.25/5.3+)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=256207#notes
Old 9th October 2006, 13:06   #236
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Maybe you could add infos, that the library and the taskbar icon (still) don't support Unicode in the Known Winamp 5 Bugs thread too.

And that ripping CDs with international chars will be fixed in the next version.
Old 9th October 2006, 15:55   #237
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I would if they were bugs, but they're not, they're unimplemented features.
Old 9th October 2006, 17:58   #238
kicarus

Tried the in_dshow method - it doesn't work,as expected.It's not a compressed format embedded in a RIFF WAV container,but a special format of 32bit FP WAV.

Here's a short sample:
http://stashbox.org/1154/aa32fp_wav_sample.wav
(32bit float, 96kHz)
Old 9th October 2006, 18:14   #239
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Plays fine for me with in_dshow. Sounds like shit (in all players) but plays ok.

[edit]

It actually also plays fine for me with in_wave as well,
so I'm honestly not sure what you're doing wrong there, heh.
Attached Images
File Type: png wav_playing.png (44.7 KB, 426 views)
Old 9th October 2006, 18:16   #240
Cokebotle

Send a message via AIM to Cokebotle
Yeah, unchecking the "Use FreeType internal TTF Rendering" in the skin preferences fixed it.

Now, we just need more Modern Skin authors to use fonts that support unicode in their skins.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion