Old 16th January 2007, 20:27   #1
-minorKa

AVS as Screen Saver

Hi Everyone... I'm sorry if this is not the best place to open this topic but no other seemd better to post this.

I just want to ask if anyone knows if there is any plugin that allows to display Winamp's AVS Visualization as a Windows Screen Saver (while winamp is running, when the system is idle for a while)?

If not... well... that a nice idea, right? Having AVS shown in fullscreen when we leave the computer playing music, It's not only nice to see but it's also usefull for the same reason the first screen saver ever was created: to prevent CRTs of getting damaged (although actually the most of us already uses LCDs).

Else, and because I am writing a topic here, why not a 3GP video file inclusion in Winamp? I've searched and I found no input plugin for that. And, of course, with the 3GP format, the AMR audio file (3GP's audio is in AMR format).
This could be very usefull for those who are used to create clips with their ************... it's always stored in 3GP format.

Thanks for reading.
---------
-minorKa-
-minorKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 21:29   #2
JonnyMac

First Question...
Winamp screensaver
-or-
Vis Saver

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 21:46   #3
DrO

Quote:
I just want to ask if anyone knows if there is any plugin that allows to display Winamp's AVS Visualization as a Windows Screen Saver (while winamp is running, when the system is idle for a while)?
i was using the screensaver controls from this to do just that and worked well with avs for my needs but yeah, the options JM suggested are also worth giving a try

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 21:56   #4
JonnyMac

Blah. I have got to start paying more attention to the options in your plug-ins.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 22:04   #5
DrO

i wouldn't, i've given up paying attention to them otherwise i'd forget my name... now where'd i leave the that thing which goes on top of the shoulders...

-daz
Old 18th January 2007, 00:34   #6
-minorKa

Thanks... but, what about a 'on mouse move' AVS exiting option (to work completely as a screensaver)?

And, about the other thing, the 3GP+AMR winamp input plugin... anyone knows anything?

Thanks and I'm sorry if I was so stupid that I could not find these plugins through the search form... I just haven't searched very well... I just tried 1 or 2 words.
-minorKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 00:46   #7
DrO

for the avs thing, i assume you're going to have it running in fullscreen, so the nearest equivalent is to use the overlay mode and uncheck the 'Keep fullscreen when deactivated (overlay mode only)' option on the fullscreen page (not ideal but it's the best i can think off without having to do any coding which i just can't commit to offering to do for you at the moment)

3GP+AMR plugin > no idea, i remember seeing some posts but i think they were requests as well (and isn't an area i've ever needed to look into, now if it was game emulation music then that's a different thing, heh)

-daz
Old 25th January 2007, 23:03   #8
sampinio

fullscreen

hi, a tried to use Auto video fullscreen plugin, everything seems to work fine. but how to make winamp advanced visualization studio to go fullscreen automatically ? then the screensaver load it only opens windowed
sampinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 23:36   #9
bemymonkey

Any ideas how to get this working for dual monitors? I.e. how to get the visualization to stretch across both monitors on a dualhead setup? ...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 14:20   #10
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

you can't(with avs)
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 14:23   #11
bemymonkey

Luckily, I'm open to other visualizations too... but I haven't found any at all that'll do full screen on a multi-monitor setup...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 16:50   #12
Anghlem
Banned

[edit] crap removed
Anghlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion