Old 29th September 2007, 14:17   #321
Ojay

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Ojay
The vorbis editor 'delete all' crash is fixed internally.
I had more than just this "Delete All" crashes while editing OGG Vorbis files... sometimes it crashed while editing the files with the tag editor but I didn't find the systematics behind the occasional crashes (up to now)
Old 29th September 2007, 14:26   #322
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I've got quite a lot of Ogg Vorbis files in my collection, and it's never crashed for me when using the Editor (which I've been doing quite a lot recently).

If you can reproduce a crash, then please provide the method of reproduction and crash logs.

Thanks.
Old 29th September 2007, 14:30   #323
Stone Free

Winamp still cannot seem to play CDs gapless CDs properly when using Analogue playback. I am using Direct sound output. I have had this problem on every PC I have used, My current work PC, my last work PC, and my home PC, they all had onboard sound so I assumed it might be that but my brothers PC which has an Audigy also will not play gapless through winamp. Windows media player however works fine.
Old 29th September 2007, 14:40   #324
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ Stone Free

By "analogue" playback, do you mean if "Use Digital Audio Extraction" is unchecked in in_cdda config?

If yes, then that is expected behaviour.

Gapless playback will only work in DAE mode.

If you don't have the Sonic Engine installed (or if the 'use sonic' option is unchecked), then it's still recommended to use DAE mode. Winamp will then use the native SPTI playback method instead (or ASPI if present, though SPTI is preferred under Win2k/XP/2003/Vista - no aspi required).

I can't see this changing, because old analog mci playback method is outdated and should be discouraged anyway.

Note that you also need to make sure that the 'Buffer ahead on track change' slider in out_ds config is set to some value. Default is 500ms (increase a bit if needs be).
Old 29th September 2007, 14:44   #325
Stone Free

Quote:
[B]@ Stone Free

By "analogue" playback, do you mean if "Use Digital Audio Extraction" is unchecked in in_cdda config?

If yes, then that is expected behaviour.

Gapless playback will only work in DAE mode.
Yes that is what I mean, but how is it that WMP can play gapless fine using Analogue playback, I know that it is using analogue playback because if you mute "CD Audio" in the windows volume control audio is muted.

I like to be able to have the control to have CD playback at a different volume than Wave sounds. Especially when I am using headphones as windows sounds blast your ear drums when at the required wave volume for CDs
Old 29th September 2007, 14:51   #326
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Probably because the code for mci/analog cd playback hasn't been touched for well over 5 years ;-)
Old 29th September 2007, 14:54   #327
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte

1. Hmm. What's wrong with the Winamp Modern songticker in Normal mode?
Can you post links to before (eg. v5.35) & after screenshots?

2. Maybe ;-)
Eh, since build 1568 was released I have posted about the spacing issue (and I have posted some numbers too use, maybe)
If you look at the screeenshots, there is A LOT MORE space on the right side, than on the left side...
On the left side, it is almost perfect, but on the right side, it is not.. It should not be so much space as it is on the right side.. This is when using "Modern Songticker Style"..
Old 29th September 2007, 14:56   #328
Kn0tte
Major Dude

(Here is the screenshot - Something weird happend)
For example on the Bento skin, there is not so much space on the sides as it is here on the Modern skin.... I think it should be adjusted....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg songticker spacing.jpg (96.1 KB, 346 views)
Old 29th September 2007, 14:57   #329
Stone Free

I recently had a crash enqueing a song.

Attaching the Zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (42.1 KB, 237 views)
Old 29th September 2007, 15:10   #330
Kn0tte
Major Dude

I think I will try to explain it better (Im not good at explaining things).

If you look at the "Winamp Bento" skin songticker, and the "Winamp Modern" skin songticker, there is not so much space on the sides in Bento as it is on Modern... I would like the Modern too be like the Bento...
If you understand me...
Old 29th September 2007, 15:20   #331
DrO

try the attached file. it changes the songticker block from w="-18" to w="-12"

and then can we let this one go at last, is getting tedious

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: xml player-normal-group.xml (26.6 KB, 258 views)
Old 29th September 2007, 15:22   #332
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

-Winamp Modern songticker: padding issues & winshade shadow on first/last char *
Old 29th September 2007, 15:40   #333
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Free
I recently had a crash enqueing a song.

Attaching the Zip
Sorry, but there's too many 3rd-party plugins present to validate your report.

in_mad.dll, in_ape.dll, in_tak.dll, in_tunes.dll, in_winampac3.dll, in_wv.dll, out_gapless.dll, out_ks36.dll, gen_cac.dll, gen_MiniLyrics.dll, ml_wa2_scrobbler.dll, gen_msn.dll, gen_nos.dll

Looks like one of those was responsible.

Crash/Bug reports MUST be with a clean install ONLY, and NO 3rd-party plugins.
Old 29th September 2007, 15:44   #334
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Yes!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
try the attached file. it changes the songticker block from w="-18" to w="-12"

and then can we let this one go at last, is getting tedious
-daz
Yeah.. There you go... NICE.. It is perfect..
Now, if you want me to be quiet about this -> Can you implement this in the next version/beta (or what it is going to be..)? Dont forget to add it this time..!

Quote:
-Winamp Modern songticker: padding issues & winshade shadow on first/last char *
Yeah.. NICE.. Implement DrO`s file in the next version...

Hmn, I have a feeling that you "hate" me now? :P I hope not... Hehe...
Keep up the good work DEVs....
Remember that file!!

EDIT I forgot one thing..
When you release WA 5.5 FINAL, this should be added in the changelog along with the others (because it has been changed since 5.35, where spacing was a BIG problem):

* Fixed songticker spacing in the Modern Skin
Old 29th September 2007, 16:23   #335
Serophos

Some IPC_ related stuff with Beta 2:

1) The release breaks the "old" method of getting the title of the current song via GetWindowText. The format of the Title used to be Winamp <Artist> - <Song> - Winamp and is now <Artist> - <Song> - Winamp. Is this intended? Because it breaks quite a few plugins

2) IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO seems to be broken. It does not return the info for Artist and Album anymore (for any file)
Old 29th September 2007, 16:54   #336
zachxp

I would love to see the option to detach video and visualizations from the Bento skin.
Old 29th September 2007, 17:00   #337
DrO

@Serophos: can you provide examples and working dlls where this is the case for both of the issues since i can't reproduce anything weird for the 1st one as it matches against 5.35 from what i can see. i've not tried the second issue but there's no reason i can see off hand why the api wouldn't be working correctly (though IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFOW is the prefered method to be called with anything from 5.3+)

-daz
Old 29th September 2007, 17:06   #338
losta

Still no news from 64-bit Winamp team, Benski why you avoid 64-bit Vista and XP?

Live long and prosper
Old 29th September 2007, 17:18   #339
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Referring to the long conversation between the dev team and kn0tte I have to say that I had never such a detailed look at the songticker.

o_0
Old 29th September 2007, 17:27   #340
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Kn0tte
There's already ~115 lines in 5.5 whatsnew.
I think we'll let this one cover the wa modern songticker fixes:

* Improved: General misc dialog/ui tweaks & improvements

@losta
There HAS been a fair bit of internal work done with regards to 64bit, but alas, things like that take time. Fixing bugs and getting Winamp 5.5 released is our top priority at the moment.

@zachxp
So would I. But it's a SingleUI skin, so I'm not sure if there'll be any 'detach' options for Bento...?
Old 29th September 2007, 17:37   #341
Sjakko

I'd like to report a small bug in the Bento skin. When you play a video in full screen the space bar won't pause the video. Pausing the video with the space bar works fine when the video is not full screen or when i use another skin.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2007, 17:38   #342
DrO

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by losta
Still no news from 64-bit Winamp team, Benski why you avoid 64-bit Vista and XP?
@losta
There HAS been a fair bit of internal work done with regards to 64bit, but alas, things like that take time. Fixing bugs and getting Winamp 5.5 released is our top priority at the moment.
really there's no bonus to doing it over the downside of losing all of the existing plugin respository which would annoy people more so than a lack of a 64-bit version when they'd try to use a 64-bit version and then wonder why none of their plugins work (since most will never be updated - there's enough issues just getting things updated to follow multi-user settings correctly let alone full re-compiles and 64-bit compiles).

now i'm sure you'll come back saying you don't use extra plugins so it's not an issue for you but for such things the larger user base as a whole needs to be considered and the effect of such things will have on them as a whole. playing the me me me song just won't hold for what would effectively be a seperate product and the work/resources needed to implement/maintain/support that

-daz
Old 29th September 2007, 18:04   #343
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo`
Referring to the long conversation between the dev team and kn0tte I have to say that I had never such a detailed look at the songticker.
Hehe.... Fun isn`t it? :P

Quote:
@Kn0tte
There's already ~115 lines in 5.5 whatsnew.
I think we'll let this one cover the wa modern songticker fixes:

* Improved: General misc dialog/ui tweaks & improvements
Ok But what do /ui means? Remember to implement the file from DrO then

I wonder how many lines the conversation between me and you have..? :P

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
ui = user interface
Old 29th September 2007, 18:25   #344
Serophos

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
@Serophos: can you provide examples and working dlls where this is the case for both of the issues since i can't reproduce anything weird for the 1st one as it matches against 5.35 from what i can see.
I ran into this problem while testing one of my own plugins called "Aigis" ( see www.nauta-clarus.de/aigis ). With the version of the website you get this 'error' while testing it with Winamp 5.5b2.

Quote:
i've not tried the second issue but there's no reason i can see off hand why the api wouldn't be working correctly (though IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFOW is the prefered method to be called with anything from 5.3+)
-daz
When I discovered the first problem I thought I do it the "proper way" and use the IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO (I use the ASCII version because of some limitations of Windows Mobile 2003 to which the plugin is communicating). I did not get anything back in my recieve-buffer using this. I tried several files. Using older Winamp versions this worked OK on the same files. I dont have the code anymore because I then worked around problem number 1 this way for now:
code:

::GetWindowText(plugin.hwndParent, buff, 250);
strTitle = buff;

if((m_dwWinampV < 0x5050) && (strTitle.Find(_T(" - Winamp"), 0) >= 0)){

strTitle = strTitle.Mid(strTitle.Find(" ", 0)+1, strTitle.Find(" - Winamp") - strTitle.Find(" ", 0)-1);
}
else if((m_dwWinampV >= 0x5050) && (strTitle.Find(_T(" - Winamp"), 0) >= 0)){

strTitle = strTitle.Mid(0, strTitle.Find(" - Winamp"));
}

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry to have to edit your code formatting, but it was messing with the page width.
Old 29th September 2007, 18:55   #345
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
Hehe.... Fun isn`t it? :P
no

Quote:
I wonder how many lines the conversation between me and you have..? :P
1337 lines, I count them

o_0
Old 29th September 2007, 19:00   #346
DrO

Quote:
Remember to implement the file from DrO then
any more comments about the file and i'll be evil and un-commit the modified file that i added into the source repository (cos i can )

-daz
Old 29th September 2007, 20:27   #347
PVTele

Playlist timing display

Apologies if anyone else has raised this - I couldn't find a reference with Search, but then it ain't the sharpest tool (or else I'm not, using it... ).

Is there a way to get a readout of the total playlist time in Bento, the way you can in both (properly made) and classic Winamp 5.x skins? I can't find a switch for it anywhere?

I'd be good to have this feature in Bento - it's one I use all the time, and I'd dearly love to be able to keep Bento as my main skin. I've always wanted a really usable all-in-one UI for Winamp.
Old 30th September 2007, 00:51   #348
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Re: Playlist timing display

Quote:
Originally posted by PVTele
Is there a way to get a readout of the total playlist time in Bento, the way you can in both (properly made) and classic Winamp 5.x skins? I can't find a switch for it anywhere?
You mean this?

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 30th September 2007, 06:31   #349
Perseid

Ran a ML update and Winamp crashed without updating the library. Deleted the files in the ML folder, ran an update again. It still crashed but the library does seem correct. I wasn't by the computer when it crashed so I can't say what stage it crashed during but I have a report.zip from the second crash.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (61.4 KB, 236 views)
Old 30th September 2007, 10:01   #350
MidnightLight

Minor bug report: None of the beta builds so far seem to correctly handle album art when the album name includes a special filesystem character, like '?'.

Example: I tried to add the cover art for the album "Can You Hear Us?" from the David Crowder Band. Winamp successfully searches for and downloads the image, but it apparently fails to save it.
Old 30th September 2007, 10:32   #351
flocksoft
Major Dude

@MidnightLight

it's known; from Known Bugs/Issues:

-Album Art API doesn't deal with illegal filename characters yet < : \ " / ? | >
Old 30th September 2007, 12:10   #352
dslava

Send a message via ICQ to dslava
error feedback

hello

i can't send any error feedbacks - they are bouncing back with the message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: winamp error feedback
Sent: 30.09.2007 12:59

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Nullsoft Bug Reporting' on 30.09.2007 12:59
None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.
Old 30th September 2007, 14:20   #353
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Perseid
Ran a ML update and Winamp crashed without updating the library. Deleted the files in the ML folder, ran an update again. It still crashed but the library does seem correct. I wasn't by the computer when it crashed so I can't say what stage it crashed during but I have a report.zip from the second crash.
3rd-party plugins present:

in_dts.dll
in_mpc.dll (not the Nullsoft version)
in_sk00l.dll
gen_dde.dll
ml_wa2_scrobbler.dll

Looks like one of those is to blame

I can see the following folders/files referenced in the log:

E:\Audio\MP3\Categ......DJ Spooky and Vinicius Cantuaria (Interlude) - (16) DJ Spooky and Vinicius Cantuaria (Interlude)/Red Hot and Lisbon/United States....

Producers - Prisioners of Love/Original Motion Picture Soundtrack/Musicals....

What file formats are those?
Old 30th September 2007, 15:21   #354
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Ho Devs,

Using an Ipod ver 5.5.
Playing tracks off of the Ipod, album art shows up fine, but if you do a file info on the playing file, the album art does not show up in the editor.
(I am assuming that the album art is embedded in the file on ipods.)

screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipboarda.jpg (68.9 KB, 278 views)
Old 30th September 2007, 15:38   #355
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Juanus

I don't personally have an ipod, but if it's the same as it is for local files, then it would seem that no embedded art is showing in the Artwork tab of File Info.

I think it used to do in a previous beta build, but has probably been disabled for now, because currently, the Info Editor cannot edit/change/delete embedded art.

Still, this is an issue that certainly needs addressing.

At least the embedded art displays fine in the Album Art views/window/etc,
which is better than nothing, for now...
Old 30th September 2007, 16:13   #356
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hi Devs and Egg,

Just to continue... I don't have an ipod that supports album art, so I was able to borrow my friends and I found a couple of more issues. If they are all planned and related, just let me know.

Again, I am playing the files directly from the Ipod.
I found an album that did not have album art
I right clicked on the "Main Window/whats playing now" area of the skin where the default album art comes up, chose get album art.
It found the art and everything went smoothly.
However, now the art does not show in the "Album art" pane but shows in the other places.
see screenshot.
http://members.aol.com/juanus/clip3.jpg
The Album Art does NOT show up on the ipod when it is playing

Second issue:
I have album art in the folder as folder.jpg
I uploaded one file to the ipod. when O play that track off of the ipod, you will see the following
http://members.aol.com/juanus/clip2.jpg
But the Album art does show up on the ipod while playing.

I hope all of this helps.
Old 30th September 2007, 16:30   #357
klumy

is this the last version before 5.5 final will come out_

Winamp 5.552
Windows XP SP3
Old 30th September 2007, 16:45   #358
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by klumy
is this the last version before 5.5 final will come out_
We dont know.. Maybe we will get another beta, maybe we will get the final.. Only the time will show

(You should update your sig man..
"Winamp 5.30" to "Winamp 5.50" )
Old 30th September 2007, 16:52   #359
DrO

or maybe it'll be cancelled and there will be no 'final' build. when anything is released you'll see it, until then you'll have to wait like we all have to do

-daz
Old 30th September 2007, 17:19   #360
Dipso

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
I don't have that issue in Vista. Turning on Global Hotkeys was all that was necessary. So it might be a conflict with the intellitype program.
What keyboard are you using?

Well its certainly due to the combination of intellitype and winamp, but i have no problems with intellitype and other applications that use appcommands/media keys.

This leads me to believe that winamp does things differently... maby its that whole "registering" of media keys that winamp does? (Cause thats what seems to be going wrong when itype is runing.) Should it not be enough to listen for appcommands?

Since intellitype is the config and driver program used for all microsoft keyboards this problem excludes a lot of users and hardware.

More users with similar problems here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....68#post2246368

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion