Old 29th October 2007, 20:02   #241
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
@ Kn0tte,
Looks like you didn't try the features of the Bento/Big Bento skin.
1. The top pane is the Multi-component view (MCV). Click the rightmost button and select File info components and check Album art. Also make sure that File Info in that same menu is checked. Only those tracks which have embedded album art or a corresponding image file in the same folder will show the album art when played, whether its in the ML or not.

2. The ML view you are mentioning is not the Local Media but Audio. The top 2 panes list the artists and albums in the ML for easy reference and limiting your search to find the track... If you click on the appropriate artist and/or album the bottom pane shows the result of the search, thus limiting to only the proper results. Since the bottom pane lists the tracks (the upper panes list artists and albums), which is the individual file in your ML, right-clicking on the item in the bottom pane gives you all the functionality for the file.

3. In Bento/Big Bento skin, Options -> Playlist -> Check both the options.

4. I never paid attention to it... Sometimes it shows Winamp 5.5 and sometimes the song title, but it doesn't make any difference whether its a bug or not.
As for the songticker issue - It should be fixed though (and it is in Modern Skin only, not Bento, as I have figured out).. This was just extra information for the DEVs..

EDIT: I can see the album art picture now (also under playlist if I want)..
But I have to search on every song, and sometimes choose a picture. I have to click on the "empty picture" and press "Get Album Art". Is there a way to get it to autosearch? It is a lot of work if I should search on every song and sometimes choose a picture.. A sort of a option to have a autosearch thing would be great..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 29th October 2007 at 21:03.
Old 30th October 2007, 01:48   #242
soulstace

Automatic search for album art would be a nice feature.

It doesn't necessarily have to save it, but rather just look it up online and display it. Sort of like how "Now playing" does.
Old 30th October 2007, 07:18   #243
TheUniqueTiger

Create a ML Smart View with the Simple Album preset... All your ML albums will be listed album-wise, select all in the smart view and right-click -> Get Album Art... But it will spring up a dialog for each album... That may be tedious, but you may have to select one cover out of the few downloaded (for each album).

As you may see searching online may return more than one results, which makes it tough to select the cover to display without saving.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 30th October 2007, 17:09   #244
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
If you don't have any album art, i (personally) recommend this tool:
http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/
http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/
Old 30th October 2007, 23:05   #245
Green Dino

im still having issues with it burning CD's. it will rip all my CDs fine, but when i go to burn a mixed CD when it goes the the mini pop-up window where it shows the burn speed, it shows nothin, if i click ok, it says please insert CD into E.

i know this is a windows vista issue, cause i have used winamp on two previous computers without a issue. Anything i can do, or.......?? to fix this?
Old 31st October 2007, 08:00   #246
magicash

awesome as always...ive got my media library set up as it is on the site, ie: simple view, all album covers, no columns. one thing is that i have a few soundtracks in my library, with many different artists, so each artist gets its own cover for the same album. kinda distracting to see 20 copies of the same cover. any way to get JUST an album view, ignoring artists?
Old 31st October 2007, 14:02   #247
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by magicash
awesome as always...ive got my media library set up as it is on the site, ie: simple view, all album covers, no columns. one thing is that i have a few soundtracks in my library, with many different artists, so each artist gets its own cover for the same album. kinda distracting to see 20 copies of the same cover. any way to get JUST an album view, ignoring artists?
If you have multiple artists in a single album, set the Album Artist for all the tracks in the album to be the same. (like 'Various Artists'). That should solve it and list those tracks under one cover.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 9th November 2007, 18:21   #248
Max M4X WW

"multi content view"

Is there anyway to remove the "multi content view" totally without using the old skin?
Old 9th November 2007, 18:34   #249
TheUniqueTiger

The MCV cannot be removed from Bento... You may use the Winamp Modern skin (so-called old skin!) without the MCV.

Old 9th November 2007, 19:11   #250
Max M4X WW

Old 11th November 2007, 18:28   #251
aliceribbons

Wow, the new Winamp Sucks

I had to delete my updated WinAmp (I wish I would have never updated it so I could still use it) because of all the errors. If I would have know it were a sucky Beta version, I would have never intsalled it.

The script errors (you have to chut it down and restart it to get rid of it) are a pain in the ass. And if I wanted to watch shitty versions of videos through AOL, I would have an AOL account.

I uninstalled the entore program and am now going back to Windows Media Player. Maybe that will be a good thing.
Old 11th November 2007, 19:06   #252
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Huh?
Old 11th November 2007, 19:17   #253
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
LOL! Methinks that alice's thought processes are in ribbons.
What was that all about?
Old 12th November 2007, 22:17   #254
ezkimo

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
What was that all about?
maybe about this?
sometimes winamp hangs (50 CPU busy, a lot memory)
online services the reason i guess
anyway, who need them? me not.
peace.
Old 13th November 2007, 18:11   #255
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Go and get your shinebox!

I hope that this link makes people pipe down already. I am tired of hearing people complain about the great work that the developers have done, so I am giving the author of this skin huge KUDOS.

http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/170606

Old 15th November 2007, 18:28   #256
MagikGimp

Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Probably one of these 3rd-party plugins to blame:

in_adx.dll
in_APE.dll
in_aud.dll
in_bass.dll
in_sid2.dll
in_tunes.dll
in_vac3.dll
in_wv.dll
dsp_dfx.dll

[EDIT]

Clean install instructions

Information Required
Winamp crashed when run after I upgraded to v5.5 . Took me a frustrating while to find the reason (resisted reinstalling) and when in_bass.dll was removed from plugins directory there was no longer any problem. This must be a conflict with a new feature of this version as there was no problem with previous editions. Being 3rd party I guess it will be difficult to investigate; all I can tell is that it 'piggybacks' on in_mod.dll if this is any help (if in_mod.dll is removed and in_bass.dll put back then there is no problem but attempting to view the properties of MOD files for example gives an error message saying in_mod.dll is missing).

I hope this is of some help.
John.

UPDATE: Replaced in_mod.dll with version found here: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html and Winamp does not crash. I understand that this plugin was updated because it posed a security risk (and so this link must be older version). Am I correct and is this the cause of the crash?

Last edited by MagikGimp; 15th November 2007 at 18:47.
Old 16th November 2007, 02:15   #257
Kiyouta

When using this ATF string:

[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))[ '('%bpm% bpm')']

Entries in the playlist contain (-1 bpm) even for songs where no BPM is present. Playing the file corrects the playlist entry.
Old 16th November 2007, 11:41   #258
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
I can confirm that observation so if you want to correct it try the following:
code:
[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))[ $ifstrequal2(%bpm%,-1,,'('%bpm% bpm')')]

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:38   #259
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yup. Note that it's already fixed in the latest 5.51 internal beta builds.
Old 16th November 2007, 20:45   #260
Kiyouta

Cool. Good to know
Old 18th November 2007, 01:11   #261
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Something that I was thinking about while mass syncing music to my Zune, the auto tag function.

Auto Tag in Winamp should have a File Rename option. I've been having real issues trying to rename some Albums after tagging them. Its very tedious.
Old 18th November 2007, 11:34   #262
Alpha2k6

two times in a row now vista have crashed with only reboot to choose.. im not sure if winamp is to blame or not.. but there was hardly any other applications open.

any crash related fixed in this internal 5.51 we keep hearing about

Vista is not the most stable Os and im not certain how to really check wich app. caused the crash so can't assign any direct blame. Winamp is still my favourite audioplayer, but for video some files some show only a black non-moving blank image, some files go in slow-motion and others have this annoying crackling noise in their sound when played with Winamp.. these videos work perfectly with VLC player.
Old 18th November 2007, 17:53   #263
ZileXa

Is there any "Essentials pack - bug reports" forum?

I removed earlier Winamp version, even deleted the Winamp folder after uninstalling. Then I installed Winamp 5.5, leaving out Sonic burner, Now Playing, Rip & Burn. Winamp starts fine.
I close Winamp and install Essentials 5.5, now Winamp doesn't startup anymore! Actually it is visible in the task manager (50% cpu, 28MB), I have to kill it.

I Repeated these steps 10 times now.. everytime after installing Essentials, Winamp doesn't show up, only in the task manager!

BTW I use Windows XP! Not Vista... also, stupid Windows Update system somehow managed to come back alive (I disabled it) and installed a few updates.. Could that be the cause?
Old 18th November 2007, 19:13   #264
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ZileXa

If you checkmarked "Waveform Wrapper" in the Essentials Pack,
make sure you also installed the Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper update after.
There's a link to it in the Updates section of the first post, under the Essentials Pack.

There was a bug in v1.0 which caused high cpu-usage, lockups, or no startup when the playlist was empty, which is fixed in v1.01
Old 19th November 2007, 17:37   #265
danburd

In the "Podcasts" directory under "Local Media," I can't get it to sort by "Podcast Publish Date." When I select that column to sort by, the podcasts don't sort. The list either stays the same or moves randomly.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
Old 20th November 2007, 15:44   #266
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Maybe you can include the new version of the Waveform Wrapper in the essentials pack...
Old 20th November 2007, 23:46   #267
neologix

fix font spacing

if i substitute another font for arial, the spacing in the now playing pane screws up. attached shows the problem ("calibri" in place of arial with no size change). don't know why that is.
Attached Images
File Type: png bento_nowplaying.png (20.3 KB, 309 views)
Old 21st November 2007, 00:41   #268
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@danburd
Yup, it's a bug, and is already fixed in the latest 5.51 internal beta builds.

@kzuse
We might as well just wait for 5.51 EP now, heh.
The link for the Waveform Wrapper update is directly underneath the EP in the first post in the thread, so you'd think that people would see it, yes?

@nelogix:
Another issue which has been addressed for 5.51
For 5.5 you can use this known workaround:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post2254636
Old 21st November 2007, 03:13   #269
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Revised in_mp3 update patch now available :-)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=278538#update
Old 23rd November 2007, 04:34   #270
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Okay, there's also been an update to the Lite-n plugin (gen_nopro), so along with the Waveform Wrapper update, this now warranted an updated EP.

The first post has been updated accordingly with all the details.

Winamp Essentials Pack v5.5a | mirror
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:43   #271
khm5

Ehm... I installed the patches, and now winamp crashes at startup. What should I do?

I worked OK before (occaitional crash upon exiting the program)

Running on Vista Ultimate 32bit, on a Core2duo 2ghz with 2GB RAM.
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:41   #272
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@khm5
Please post in Tech Support instead.

What patches? There's only one patch, the in_mp3 one.

The Essentials Pack isn't a patch, the whole EP is an optional extra, and each individual plugin available in the EP is optional.

Also include the details of the crash error message and a "List Of Plugins" in your post (the external standalone version will suffice if you can't get the internal one to work).
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#specs
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:47   #273
khm5

Oh, Sorry.

I will try deleting and re-installning Winamp at first (re-installed it over the previous version, still didn't work).

Have a nice weekend.

Quote:
@khm5
Please post in Tech Support instead.

What patches? There's only one patch, the in_mp3 one.

The Essentials Pack isn't a patch, the whole EP is an optional extra, and each individual plugin available in the EP is optional.

Also include the details of the crash error message and a "List Of Plugins" in your post (the external standalone version will suffice if you can't get the internal one to work).
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#specs
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 25th November 2007, 18:07   #274
mosherboyuk

The only gripe I have with the new Bento skin (because otherwise I love it!) is that when in Windowshade mode, the playlist cannot be used as a seperate 'window' when you click to show the playlist it goes straight back to the main mode.

Surely it's not hard to have a seperate playlist added on the windowshade mode as was in the 'Modern' skin.
Old 26th November 2007, 00:53   #275
jkunze

Quote:
Revised in_mp3 update patch now available :-)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=278538#update
With this Update, the transcoder feature of Winamp has stopped working for me. Everytime, I want to send files to my USB-Media, I get an Error-Message, that there are some incompatible files, which were not transferred. If I go back to in_mp3.dll avaible in "Winamp55_MP3_Patch.exe", everything works without problems.
Old 26th November 2007, 02:25   #276
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, my bad. It requires some extra fixes that are in winamp.exe :-(

Stick with the first patch for now.

Here's the url for anyone else experiencing the problem:
http://stashbox.org/54116/Winamp55_MP3_Patch.exe

Note, this was the first patch released a few weeks ago, and only has fixes for various crashes with corrupt id3v2 tags, and none of the other fixes from the newer patch.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:57   #277
Kiyouta

When I click 'Play songs simliar to xxx', I get cascading message boxes saying 'Playlist Generator failed to initalise' and there's no way to end the continual creation of boxes except terminate Winamp.
Old 26th November 2007, 22:12   #278
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Kiyouta

Please see the Release Notes in the first post
Quote:
-Playlist Generator (rt. click ml/pledit items > Play tracks similar to):
-Notes:
4) Database stored in Winamp\Plugins\Gracenote (along with all other GN/CDDB files). If getting "error initializing" messages, you'll need to delete cddbplm.pdb/idx/gcf files.
Alas, this also means that you'll need to do the full scan again.

Also note that the bug is fixed for 5.51.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:14   #279
neologix

Quote:
@neologix:
Another issue which has been addressed for 5.51
For 5.5 you can use this known workaround:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post2254636
that fix worked wonders! i shifted everything to the right 4 pixels. BTW, i accidentally said the font was "calibri" (a vista font) when i meant to say "lucida grande" (a mac font ported to windows). i'm still using the same 5.5 on xp pro sp2.
Old 27th November 2007, 13:52   #280
ZileXa

Installing Essentials 5.5a (over 5.5) and the in_mp3 patch solved the issues for me
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion