Old 30th January 2009, 13:17   #161
Hanschke

@dj egg

another issue i think is that i dont have installed any pro feature but got the register winamp in the skin. if i click it i got the prefs without the menu i can put the serial inside it. have you changed it? maybe we can hide the register button if people dont use the pro features?
Old 30th January 2009, 13:59   #162
/usr/bin/Tux

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
can you provide a screenshot of the issue since i'm not 100% following what dialog you're refering to as the 'Title Information dialog'
Ah sorry, dunno the English title right now... it's the tagging thing (only MP3 files AFAICS).

Attached Images
File Type: png tagging.png (12.2 KB, 275 views)

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:30   #163
Aereon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
Drag and Drop from the playlist has never been a native option.

There is a plugin:
http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/

But if that isn't working, you need to contact the plugin author.
I don't know how, but I used to be able to do it without the plugin.

BTW, will the new AAC by Coding Technologies be implemented in 5.55? I have heard it will soon be published.
Old 30th January 2009, 17:43   #164
DrO

@/usr/bin/Tux: what language pack are you using? and can you confirm that everything is fine with the english (us) versions of the dialogs as well please.

-daz
Old 30th January 2009, 17:55   #165
/usr/bin/Tux

I am using de-de.
In English (US) all controls are set correctly, except for the Genre combobox. For some strange reason, the combobox is in the right place, but its contents are moved to the bottom left corner on the ID3v1 tab.

Old 30th January 2009, 18:25   #166
DrO

the english (us) thing is just from how the OS positions the text for that style of the combobox and isn't anything that can be done about it. i'm sure koopa will see this and will look into the de-de alignment.

-daz
Old 30th January 2009, 18:34   #167
/usr/bin/Tux

So when it is aligned by the OS, why do the Genre boxes differ at all?

(Screenshot, comparing both boxes in English (US), attached.)
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (1.5 KB, 246 views)

Old 30th January 2009, 18:49   #168
DrO

because the id3v2 one allows for input and uses an edit box type state that is vertically centered whereas the id3v1 is a 'dropdown' list and for whatever reason that is set to the lower left. i don't know why the two don't do it the same way but this has been the case since Win95 from what i remember.

i think you're maybe going too far about this now, but there's not really much we're able to do other than tweaking certain alignments but not the actual text (custom drawing a control for that is a bit excessive i'd say).

-daz
Old 30th January 2009, 18:52   #169
/usr/bin/Tux

Ah OK; I'm not too familiar with Windows' GUI preferences at all... so thanks for help!

Old 30th January 2009, 18:56   #170
sapacious
Corporate Drone

Send a message via AIM to sapacious
@Hanschke,

Where are you seeing a winamp pro registration dialoge? Is this different from 5541?

The Winamp Pro area in preferences does exist in non-pro builds, but it sounds like you are saying you see a Winamp Pro Registration dialog like what's in the pro installer, but without an area to enter a registration key, could you mebe clarify a bit?

Thx!
Old 30th January 2009, 19:54   #171
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by /usr/bin/Tux
GUI glitch:
In the Title Information dialog, some controls on the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tab are slightly moved.

In detail:
* The checkbox label on ID3v1 should be moved down
* It also effects the "Genre" label and combobox

Quite annoying when switching between both tabs.
Will be fixed for final.
Old 30th January 2009, 20:08   #172
/usr/bin/Tux

edit:
You're too fast for me. OK thx.

Old 30th January 2009, 22:08   #173
osmosis
Major Dude

Just noticed filename contains the full path... so:

Simple Album View: type = "0" && album ISNOTEMPTY && filename HAS year

should work but doesn't? you can't have an evaluable variable as the second half of the comparison? is this a bug/oversight or on purpose? Limits the power of the Smartview query language significantly.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 30th January 2009, 22:16   #174
synthetiq

well, i'm just testing this new beta version, and some ideas:
- we need a skins tab (in Bento) for the Skins with a small preview and the chance to change/rename/delete skins right inside bento
- In the "file info components" i guess there are too much components, who need the decoder component anyway ?

thankx
Old 30th January 2009, 22:27   #175
osmosis
Major Dude

Both of those are silly ideas.

Old 31st January 2009, 05:22   #176
Serpher

I guess you're right osmosis.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 31st January 2009, 11:25   #177
Hanschke

Quote:
Originally posted by sapacious
@Hanschke,

Where are you seeing a winamp pro registration dialoge? Is this different from 5541?

The Winamp Pro area in preferences does exist in non-pro builds, but it sounds like you are saying you see a Winamp Pro Registration dialog like what's in the pro installer, but without an area to enter a registration key, could you mebe clarify a bit?

Thx!
i took the full and dont get the register dialog after the installation.

this is right cause only the pro do this. but if u take the full for example and want to register u can put the serial inside too.

it was in the last final. but why if you say it is only in the pro i have got the link inside the bento skin and it jumps to the prefs and dont find the point to do the register?

so if i dont load the pro or install the addons i think the link have to be removed cause it is without function or?

i know that i can load the full and and not the pro there is only the installer change with the dialog at the end and make a registered version too of my full. this dont work in the beta.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:47   #178
DrO

from reading that through, you're saying why have the 'go pro' option in the modern skins when you've installed winamp from a non-pro installer or don't have enabled the parts needed for it. unless i'm really not following it all...

Quote:
so if i dont load the pro or install the addons
i think that second part if not all applicable addons is installed is a tricky one to work out since most of the pro-stuff is in place in the the core plugin/client components.

i guess there could be an option to remove the 'go pro' options on the 'Winamp Pro' preferences page which would tell the client to ignore showing the 'go pro' skin options for those who aren't ever going to upgrade (i believe this is the best compromise for what is being asked about).

-daz
Old 31st January 2009, 11:53   #179
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanschke
i have got the link inside the bento skin and it jumps to the prefs and dont find the point to do the register?
Please provide a screenshot of where this "link inside the Bento skin" is.

Quote:
so if i dont load the pro or install the addons i think the link have to be removed cause it is without function?
What "addons" are you referring to exactly?

The Pro license fee covers:
-Faster CD Ripping & Burning
-Unlocking of the MP3 & Hi-Bitrate AAC+ Encoders
-Contribution to continued Winamp support & development

Quote:
i know that i can load the full and and not the pro there is only the installer change with the dialog at the end and make a registered version too of my full. this dont work in the beta.
What doesn't work in the beta?
The 'pro registration screen' at the end of the installation process with the Pro installer?
Or something else?

Have you maybe installed DrO's Lite'n Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) from the Essentials Pack?
And if yes, is it configured to hide the Winamp Pro page in the Prefs?
(Winamp -> Prefs -> Plugins -> General Purpose > Lite'n -> config -> Remove built-in pages -> Winamp Pro)

[EDIT]

Re: DrO's reply above (which wasn't here when I first started typing)

Ohh... so it's the 'Go Pro' item in the Bento main menu?
And when clicked, it goes to the Winamp Pro prefs page?
(sorry, I haven't seen that menu item for ages, because it's removed for registered Pro installs).

Though yeah, the only reason I can think of for why it might not work is if you've used the Lite'n plugin to hide the Winamp Pro prefs page.

Otherwise, the Winamp Pro prefs page is there in all forms/versions and won't be going away.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:18   #180
Hanschke

i have done a movie to explain which way i do. i dont hide any intem.

http://rapidshare.com/files/19208214...11-13.avi.html

and my install.ini
[StartMenu]
Name=Winamp
NoMenu=1
NoQuickLaunch=1
NoDesktop=1
[installer]
build=full
date=01/28/2009 20:30:38
[sections]
Winamp Agent=0
Windows Media Audio (WMA)=0
MIDI=0
MOD/XM/S3M/IT=0
OGG Vorbis=0
MP4-Unterstützung=0
FLAC=0
CD Wiedergabe und Extraktion=1
WAV/VOC/AU/AIFF=0
Windows Media Video (WMV, ASF)=0
Nullsoft Video (NSV)=0
AVI/MPG=0
Flash Video (FLV)=0
Flash Medien-Protokoll (SWF, RTMP)=0
WMA-Enkoder=0
WAV=0
MP3-Enkoder=0
AAC/aacPlus-Enkoder=0
FLAC-Enkoder=0
Klassischer Disk Writer=0
WaveOut/MME-Ausgabe=0
CDDB für Audio-CDs=1
Sonic Rippen-/Brennunterstützung=0
Signalverarbeitungsstudio Plug-in=0
Winamp Medienbibliothek=0
Lokale Mediendateien=0
Playlisten=0
CDs Ripppen & Brennen=0
Lesezeichen=0
Verlauf=0
Wird gerade gespielt=0
Formatkonverter=0
Lautstärke-Analysetool=0
Winamp Dashboard=0
iTunes Importierungs-Tool=0
Auto-Tagger=0
Podcast-Verzeichnis=0
Remote-Medien=0
Online-Dienste=0
Playlist-Generator=0
Tragbare Mediengeräte=0
iPod®-Unterstützung=0
Unterstützung für Creative®-Player=0
Unterstützung für Microsoft® PlaysForSure®=0
Unterstützung für USB-Geräte=0
Unterstützung für Microsoft® ActiveSync®=0
Globale Tastenkürzel=1
Erweitertes Springe zu Titel=1
Nullsoft Infobereich-Steuerung=1
Unterstützung für moderne Skins=1
Winamp DropBox (Alpha)=0
Nullsoft Mini-Vollbild=0
Nullsoft Visualisierungsstudio (AVS)=1
Milkdrop 2=1
Unterstützung für LineIn=0
Deutsch=1
Español (Alfabetización Internacional)=0
Français=0
Italiano=0
Nederlands=0
Polski=0
Svenska=0
???????=0
??(??)=0
???=0
Türkçe=0
Português (Brasil)=0
Româna=0
Predixis MusicMagic=0
MusicIP Mix=0
before i use the register menu i got the page there i have to put the serial inside or to buy. this one is now missing. sorry for my bad english
Old 31st January 2009, 17:56   #181
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I never saw the reason, why there is a Pro installer, when all versions have the Winamp Pro prefs page.

It just confused many people in the past, asking for the difference between Pro and Full installers.

And if a separate installer, where the only difference the screen asking for Regkey is, makes any sense, I don't know.

install.ini is a good point too, I think this shouldn't be localized, I've always to download the version, which includes all languages because my install.ini is localized to German. Running the English installer completely ignores my previous settings. The ini really should be english only, otherwise it just complicates beta testing.
Old 31st January 2009, 18:30   #182
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Hanschke

Hmm, I guess the Bento main menu -> Help -> Winamp Pro Registration item must also be removed if you're running a Pro registered version, because I don't see that item in my menu, heh.

Like I asked before, have you installed the Essentials Pack, and if yes, is the Lite'n Winamp Preferences plugin configured to hide the Winamp Pro prefs page?

The Winamp Pro page is there at the top of the Prefs by default, and the only way to remove it is either via the Lite'n plugin or by hacking winamp.exe - and it's not there for you....
Old 31st January 2009, 20:20   #183
kreshorulez

Wow like the new version! Very fast!
Old 31st January 2009, 23:41   #184
synthetiq

is it me (or my pc) or the 2nd File Icon (when we chose the icon associated to file types, in prefs) is not so "blue", i mean is kinda black, without the small blue gradient inside ?

(dont know how to explain but the icons appear to be very gray) or might be my monitor...
Old 1st February 2009, 12:12   #185
Hanschke

@dj egg

now the prefs page is there again. it was the lite plugin hidding it but i dont have done any settings inside it.

@koopatrooper

i agree with you
Old 1st February 2009, 20:35   #186
DrO

Quote:
ow the prefs page is there again. it was the lite plugin hidding it but i dont have done any settings inside it.
from what i remember (cannot check for certain) the plugin by default will remove the pro page only if the current winamp install has been registered as a pro install otherwise it'll leave it there.

@koopa: i've no idea who/why/how the install.ini stuff is localised but i guess that wasn't factored in when localisation went into the installer. something else to be added to the todo list i think...

-daz
Old 1st February 2009, 21:48   #187
golgoth

Hello,
With this beta,
Winamp continue to crash with Archos 605 in PMP mode.
I send a report when Winamp crash.
Do you have some news about ?
Thank you
Old 1st February 2009, 23:29   #188
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Hanschke
vista_thumbnail=1 still doesn't work when Winamp is minimized, heh.

A lot of 3rd party programs still can't do that yet so it wouldn't be much of a problem.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:37   #189
Hanschke

so the bug is inside the lite plugin. winamp was not registered. clear install and after install the essentials pack it was hidden. i saw the option to hide it if winamp is registered but it was hidden by default and winamp was not registered.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:16   #190
DrO

i will have to check that as and when i get home tonight (as was going to release a new version of that plugin with localisation updates anyway).

there was an earlier version of the plugin which enabled the hiding of the page in all cases irrespective of registered state of the plugin so there may be a re-appearance of this. may even look to having other 'get pro' type things hidden in the case of being a true pro install.

Quote:
vista_thumbnail=1 still doesn't work when Winamp is minimized, heh.
i actually agree with this being a hidden opt-in feature since it is a hack at best and due to how the skinning engine works if that was enabled by default we'd see even more reports i believe from people about it not looking right, etc than we get at the moment (still see posts all too often).

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:08   #191
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
proxy issue

My podcasts does seem to update anymore after installing the beta. I am behind a proxy server and I know it worked before. I think this happened during the first beta as well, not sure. Anyone else have a problem?
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:19   #192
osmosis
Major Dude

Just to make sure my post didn't get lost in the page switch: I've been experiencing a Bento Browser crash bug.

(I suppose this post might get lost in the next page switch but I'll try again if that looks like the case )

Old 2nd February 2009, 18:26   #193
pjn123
Major Dude

vista_thumbnail=1 works great. See no reason for it to be hidden. The only place where it dont work is when Winamp is minimized, but that normal (I see this behaviour in other applications aswell). Maybe they must show a Winamp logo when the skin is minimized.
99% of the users wont know how to enable this hack so default on is the way to go, unless theres some serious crashing bug that I dont know.

It's working great here on WinVista x64
Tested the live preview with small width/big height and vise versa skins and they always show correct.
Also make Winamp look like it actually support Vista.

Only bug that really pissing me off is the freeze that happen when Winamp plays something with a big cover image. At work I also play music from a network drive and Winamp freezes sometimes between track changes (the UI freeze, but the track play is smooth). I'll have a guess that this two bugs are related.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:39   #194
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
Just to make sure my post didn't get lost in the page switch: I've been experiencing a Bento Browser crash bug.

(I suppose this post might get lost in the next page switch but I'll try again if that looks like the case )
Post your guru.log (found in your %appdata%/Winamp folder.
Then Martin can have a look at stuff

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:11   #195
DrO

Quote:
Tested the live preview with small width/big height and vise versa skins and they always show correct.
so the big area of space shown below the Winamp Modern main window is fine as well then? since it should really show the visible part of the layout and not the overall size that will be used if the config drawer is expanded (with the Modern skin case). i'm sure that is not the only one and it not showing correctly with any skin when minimised is an issue that i personally believe needs to be resolved before it is defaulted to on on compatible systems. also there were crash reports related to the 'hack' which would need to be made sure are resolved/no longer happening before something like that.

then again, it's a pointless feature of vista imho and i run it disabled unless i'm trying things out that need it...

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:34   #196
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i will have to check that as and when i get home tonight (as was going to release a new version of that plugin with localisation updates anyway).
@Hanschke: i've had a look at things and from the tests i can do, etc it looks like the plugin is working correctly as designed for the winamp pro prefs removal option. has involved removing my pro install key, forcing the code down certain routes and a few other things i can try out.

the logic is to see if we have a pro registered install (doesn't verify validity of the registration as that's not something i should do), then if it gets a valid result, it checks the remove if pro only option and if that is on (default on with clean/most installs) then it will remove that preferences page. anything that doesn't match will cause the page to remain visible.

so if you're saying that it is removing the page when you don't have a valid pro install then i'm at a loss as to what is going on since we've never come across this even when the feature was first added in.

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:58   #197
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Post your guru.log (found in your %appdata%/Winamp folder.
Then Martin can have a look at stuff
Not a guru error unfortunately. Just a crash. Same offset in that dll every time though.. I'm using IE8 RC1, could that be the issue? Can anyone reproduce the problem by changing the address repeatedly in the Winamp Browser?

Might not be overly useful but I uploaded the appcompat "log" (in xml format for some reason so you'll have to download/open in notepad or something).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screeny.jpg (173.1 KB, 218 views)
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:02   #198
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
so the big area of space shown below the Winamp Modern main window is fine as well then? since it should really show the visible part of the layout and not the overall size that will be used if the config drawer is expanded (with the Modern skin case). i'm sure that is not the only one and it not showing correctly with any skin when minimised is an issue that i personally believe needs to be resolved before it is defaulted to on on compatible systems. also there were crash reports related to the 'hack' which would need to be made sure are resolved/no longer happening before something like that.
Agh... forgot about that little bug ... But thats still way better than the classic skin showing. Dont think they'll be able to fix that unless they introduce a new param for a layout in wasabi

Also found another bug with it. If the skin have a smaller height than the Classic skin main player the classic skin will show.

Old 2nd February 2009, 20:12   #199
DrO

point proved i think that it's just not ready to be enabled by default (at the moment... )

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:28   #200
Serpher

Thats interesting. When you have queued a song on playlist and you want to resize playlist its jumps to that last quened file (if you had some other file showed) on Modern Skin.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion