Old 2nd March 2009, 05:24   #41
k336

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
Where are you selecting "nano device option" or selecting Classic or any other version? I dont see that anywhere in my setup?
It's an option the first time you load winamp (/w pmp_ipod) with your ipod connected.

You won't have an option to change the device, however you can bring up the menu again by editing the following file:
IPOD: \iPod_Control\Device\SysInfo

Open it with notepad, remove the "ModelNumStr" line and save.

The next time you start winamp, it'll give you the option again.

The other way to do this is reset factory config with iTunes Which is too much trouble
k336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 05:43   #42
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
AFAIK, thats the way it was done waaaaaaaaay back. That was a few versions back of the pmp_ipod. However, I think that ml_ipod still does it that way. Are you sure you are using the native one that comes with Winamp 5.55? I just reset my Ipod to factory settings and reloaded all my music using ONLY the native pmp_ipod from 5.55. Then I had a look at my sysinfo and it is empty. I have attached a screenshot as proof. Please check to make sure you are not using ml_ipod since they are different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-1-2009 9-38-43 pm.jpg (73.1 KB, 369 views)
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:10   #43
k336

I dont have ml_ipod installed.

I just did a reset on my ipod. reinstalled winamp 5.55.

First thing when I loaded winamp was it asking me for the model. After selecting the model, sysinfo has the entry in it.

Can you please confirm/clarify if you get the ipod model selection menu? And which model and generation ipod are you using?

May not be relevant, but I'm running Windows XP Pro (32bit).
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:26   #44
Juanus
Major Dude

I do not get the menu and I do not have to select anything.
I am using the Ipod Classic 160gig. (Sorry, I do not know the generation)
Is it possible you are installing over a previous version and you had ml_ipod installed previously? Just to check could you give a list of plugins by following the instructions on this page.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:35   #45
k336

Nah, I had uninstalled winamp before reinstalling, and made sure there was no other remaining files in the directory.

I've included generated list of plugings.

Could be possible that winamp 5.55 (/w pmp_ipod) isn't too friendly with the nano 4th, and requires you to select a model since it cannot identify it natively.

Appreciating your help so far.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (8.2 KB, 602 views)
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:56   #46
Juanus
Major Dude

I am going to be honest. I do not know the answer to your question. I have three Ipods. A 4th Gen 40 gig, a 5th Gen 80gig and the 6th gen 160gig. (I had to look up which models I had.) And none of them ask me which version. They just show up in winamp. Now granted I have in the past used itunes to reset them and then loaded my music using winamp (previous versions and this version) and nothing else. I wonder if by using a different ipod manager something changes? I am just guessing at this point. I think the devs are asleep but when they wake up, I am sure they can offer more info.
If you are not afraid of losing your music, do a reset in itunes and see what happens. Or even try clearing out the sysinfo file and then plugging it in and using winamp.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:37   #47
k336

Mmm, I've tried it on another PC, and same thing happens, I've reset it with iTunes aswell. It probably is an issue with the 4th Gen ipod... let's just hope it's an easy fix and not specific to my ipod =(

Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:12   #48
hugo25

I have a bug with multimedia key and my keybord Logitech Media 600 (with lastest setpoint).
If I start a track with the play button of Winamp and after I push on the button 'play/pause' on my keybord, the track restart.
If I use only the key on my keybord it's works.

Thanks.
hugo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:12   #49
osmosis
Major Dude

I've noticed that same problem with my Logitech EX110 keyboard with SetPoint 4.60 (latest for this model) as well. Could be a problem with the way Winamp is handling what I assume is a typical WM_APPCOMMAND, or maybe it's not a typical WM_APPCOMMAND that SetPoint sends and that in itself is the problem. It does only do this with Winamp, though, you're right (tested with WMP & RealPlayer - works as expected for both).

Temporary workaround: If all you're using the Play key on your keyboard for is Winamp, you can reassign the key in SetPoint to a custom key combination and then set a Global Hotkey for Winamp's Play/Pause function with the same key combination. I just did.

If your SetPoint doesn't default allow you to reassign that key (I don't recall anymore) then you should install the uberOptions xml patch for SetPoint. Lets you reassign all the extra keys, has been very useful to me. Doesn't hurt to install it and give yourself the option, regardless.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.

Last edited by osmosis; 3rd March 2009 at 05:34.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:49   #50
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Nice version. I love it so far!
I especially like this one. Is DrO the man behind this? Good job!
* Improved: [Winamp Modern skin] New spectrum vis options

And to the guys talking about keyboards - I have a Logitech G15 Keyboard and I can NOT reproduce the issue.. Are you sure you have checked "Enabled" etc in the Global Hotkeys setup in Winamp?

Now to another thing; the new Playlist Tab in Bento; I think it is a little bit bugged.. If I check the option to use Playlist Tab, the normal playlist up to the right dont disappear until I click on the new Playlist Tab. But thats not the worst thing; If I dont want the Playlist Tab anymore (unckecking the option), the old playlist doesn't get back automatically (unless I AM viewing the Playlist Tab when doing it). Otherwise I have to go to the Winamp menu and enable the Playlist Editor.
Can anyone reproduce this? I'm sure I tested this during the beta, but... :S
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:00   #51
hugo25

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
And to the guys talking about keyboards - I have a Logitech G15 Keyboard and I can NOT reproduce the issue.. Are you sure you have checked "Enabled" etc in the Global Hotkeys setup in Winamp?
Hi, I am sure enable it's checked
hugo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:03   #52
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Kn0tte:

the man behind this is me, I asked and asked for over a year again and again for the modern vis stuff. This was a wish from me, since i saw the new vis stuff in Bento the first time.

Martin finally implemented it, maybe as a birthday gift for me, lord knows.

It now just lacks Fire style option, but this cannot be done, until Modern skins supports RGB colors. Maybe Benski surprises me with RGB support in Modern skin on my next birthday,

The playlist tab thing is known and was already discussed in the beta thread:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....58#post2480458
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:15   #53
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
It now just lacks Fire style option, but this cannot be done, until Modern skins supports RGB colors. Maybe Benski surprises me with RGB support in Modern skin on my next birthday,
Hu? Since all the vis colors in the old default modern skin is white fire/line colour mode wont do anything. Modern skins support RGB unless I dont know what you mean by that

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:21   #54
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Better ask Martin/Benski, since I'm no skinner. I was told, that Fire Style option just can be implemented, if Benski adds RGB support to Winamp's Modern skin, so for now, the fire style option was removed from Moderns menu.

So lets simply say, tha Modern skin misses something RGB related, to make fire style option possible.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:27   #55
DrO

yup was martin who did it, i just did the playcount thing (and a chunk of other minor changes in the beta2->final changelog)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:31   #56
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Lol Dro, you did many stuff for 5.55, the lovely tracking options, localizable Agent, many localization stuff, unicode fixes and that big jumpex update. That tiny fullscreen now supports Unicode and saves it's module is just awesome too.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:39   #57
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Ok.. DrO, Benski, everyone in general - thanks for the hard work!
But may I ask why the Playlist Tab issues didn't get fixed before final? I mean, taking a extra week just to fix that wouldn't affect me that much, we already had 5.541 <3

Anyway. so far 5.55 ROCKS. Solid, fast, powerful, beautiful looking... I say no more

Btw, why didn't this get into the final changelog (only appears in the beta-changelogs)? Its a bug which has been here since 5.50 beta3 (long back), it should have been listed :P Anyway, I'm glad its fixed
[gen_ff] Fixed songticker titles not displaying correctly at startup
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:44   #58
DrO

@Kn0tte: because we're a bunch of b^*£#$"s and love to annoy you? (joking). i don't know about the playlist tab as that's pretty much martin's area of things.

as for the songticker thing, it was a beta specific issue so i think it would only have been changed in the beta->final changelog.

@pjn123: because that is the information koopa was given from martin (have it in chat logs somewhere if i really want to prove what was said).

-daz
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:45   #59
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I think that Playlist issue isn't really a bug, it's a design issue. And because of it's design glitch, it almost didn't make it into the builds.

Most people don't like the behavior and I agree, if it must force the playlist to hide, it should bring the playlist back, when I switch to another tab. Because of this design glitch, the playlist tab option is pretty hidden and default turned off.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:04   #60
Kn0tte
Major Dude

No, it was not a beta-specific issue. It has been here since the old 5.50 beta3 10th anniversary release..

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:06   #61
DrO

i dunno then, i only remember the song ticker/notifier issue from the 5.55 betas you'd brought up - had thought we'd dealt with everything else you'd previously brought up.

/me goes off to get some sleep as i'm obviously not getting enough if my memory is playing up

-daz
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:05   #62
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Yeah it was that songticker thing, and now its fixed which I am happy about. I'm just saying that the bug has been here SINCE 5.50 beta3 10th anniversary (ie. not only since the 5.55 beta). Though the notifier issue was "introduced" with the 5.55 beta, yes. Anyway, that doesn't matter now as its fixed. /Over and out

Winamp 5.55 rocks!
Again, thanks for the hard work guys.
Old 4th March 2009, 01:34   #63
osmosis
Major Dude

Kn0tte: Yes, I definitely also have MM Keyboard handling enabled in Hotkeys. Also just to clarify what hugo was saying, in case there was any confusion: starting playback from the keyboard and then pausing from the keyboard works as expected, but starting playback from within winamp and then trying to pause from the keyboard will restart the track the first time it's pressed and then pause normally after that. Really odd. I noticed it but never brought it up before because I don't really use my MM keys.

DrO: Ever make any progress with those ActiveWinamp test builds?

Old 4th March 2009, 08:02   #64
DrO

osmosis: the code for it is stuck on my dev machine that i've got to re-build still so will send you something when that's back up (have to get it rebuilt sooner as it's hindering me in a few areas now though the coding break has been nice, heh)

-daz
Old 4th March 2009, 11:37   #65
stopasking
Banned

I'm experiencing a non-critical cosmetic bug.
Using Winamp 5.55 Pro on Windows XP Pro SP3, when I turn on the visualisation, and I hold my cursor over the 'previous' or 'next' button, the yellow bar with the information on it (translated in Dutch in this case) appears, and when I remove my cursor again the yellow bar is still in the visualisation. Adding a screenshot so you will understand what I mean. Using normal Modern Skin by the way. Happens with each visualisation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bug.jpg (40.7 KB, 323 views)
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:28   #66
osmosis
Major Dude

DrO: Haha, I bet. Enjoy the rest of the "vacation" while you can. No hurry.

Old 4th March 2009, 17:10   #67
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Essentials Pack 5.55 now available on Winamp.com

Winamp Essentials Pack v5.55

Please use this as main download source.

-Chris
Old 4th March 2009, 20:08   #68
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp libsndfile.dll Update Patch

Download and run the installer (make sure Winamp is closed first).

Fixes the following issue:
http://secunia.com/advisories/33981/
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 20:15   #69
osmosis
Major Dude

Bookmarking acting peculiar for anyone else? Things get added to the Winamp.bm file but don't show up in the ML.

Edit: Joonas' Drag n' Drop (newest available - v2.11 build 8) is incompatible with ML Bookmarks in 5.55, causing the above problem - anybody know where Joonas is lately? I just created a ticket on his Assembla bug tracker about this (and have done so previously about a couple problems I've had with DL), but he seems to have flown the coop. So glad I paid his registration fees to have things not get updated.

Last edited by osmosis; 4th March 2009 at 20:33.
Old 5th March 2009, 00:17   #70
Kiyouta

The media library is much quicker/smoother scrolling now!
Amazing

Good job!
Kiyouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 10:23   #71
magnum80

cue files

Hi guys,
thanks for the cool Winamp 5.55 update!

One thing I noticed: Since Winamp 5.55 cue files get listed in my ML after a scan (update) of my watch folders. Previous Winamp 5 versions did not list them although I was using the CUE Player v0.57c plugin back then already. Cue Files are not associated with Winamp.
Now that 5.55 lists cue files I have many duplicate entries (cue files plus the corresponding mp3/flac files). Any idea how I can tell Winamp to ignore cue files or hide the corresponding audio files? I used google and forum search on how to exclude file extensions from the ML and didn't find anything. I feel so blind.
My work around is search for .cue in the ML and manually remove them.

Thanks for any help!

I uninstalled the CUE Player plugin, rescanned and the cue files still show up (maybe I'd need to clean the ML before scan, as the cue files do need get removed by the rescan). I guess Winamp 5.55 and CUE Player v0.57c are having an issue here. The plugin adds the cue file extension support. And now Winamp 5.55 thinks it needs to add those to the ML although media library support is disabled within the plugin.

Cheers
magnum80
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 13:35   #72
TheUniqueTiger

Winamp 5.55 is great! Didnt have a single crash after trying several aspects.

Just a minor issue, which I'm sure must have been noticed by the devs before, but couldnt find it here...

Saving an EQ preset with a name that already exists, creates a duplicate entry (with preserved EQ bands values for each). Causes confusion really if you wanted to edit a preset whether built-in or custom. I think it is 5.55 specific (or at the most 5.55 beta). It used to replace the preset earlier. I couldn't find anything related to changes in the EQ presets in the changelog either.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
TheUniqueTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 10:47   #73
SwIeRsZcZ

Do I need to completely uninstall the previous ver. of winamp 5.55 beta to install this final one ??
SwIeRsZcZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 10:50   #74
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
No.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 01:11   #75
miprince

I've problem, I changed a skin, show me error, please help me. My english is bad, please wrote easy english.

miprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 01:26   #76
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@miprince

Which skin did you change to?

Close Winamp
Go to %appdata%\winamp folder
Open winamp.ini in Notepad
Change the following line as follows:

skin=

save winamp.ini

Reopen Winamp

It will now open with the Classic skin, and if needs be, you can change to Bento/Modern/other from there.

[EDIT]

Plus what osmosis says below :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 01:27   #77
osmosis
Major Dude

Not a big deal. It is a problem with the skin temporary files. Press F5 to refresh the skin to reload those files. If you get the error again and again then the problem is with that skin and you should contact the skin creator.

Old 8th March 2009, 13:14   #78
miprince

That error show my only version 5.55, before in version 5.41 when changed my underground skins, all is OK, error show my only winamp 5.55, please help. These advices have not helped. Help
Old 8th March 2009, 17:20   #79
miprince

EDIT:

Error show my only winamp skins wal* from winamp.com
Old 9th March 2009, 13:45   #80
kreshorulez

I think this is the fastest and the best version of Winamp ever! And has the least bugs. Well, at least for me
kreshorulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion