Old 14th June 2010, 18:48   #1
dr34m3r

Unwanted functionality with key combination

When you press CTRL+B, Winamp starts acting really strange regardless if music is playing or not. Seems to only happen when you press CTRL+B. While being stuck at limbo Winamp consumes 100% of the current core it's running on and after getting released from whatever it's doing, shuffle memory is gone (doesn't remember the last tracks played). Maybe does something else too.

Using Winamp version v5.57 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

How to recreate this bug:
Hit CTRL+B when Winamp is running and you have songs in your playlist.
dr34m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:18   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, Ctrl+B should just go to the last item in the playlist editor.

I can't reproduce any problem with that functionality here.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:25   #3
dr34m3r

Ah, shuffle and repeat have to be enabled.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:29   #4
dr34m3r

Why isn't CTRL+B listed in the keyboard shortcuts list? Also, I think this "bug" can be made go away by disabling CTRL+B -> last track on playlist if shuffle and repeat are enabled.

Last edited by dr34m3r; 14th June 2010 at 21:31. Reason: Reply-login doesn't keep me logged in... kinda stupid
Old 14th June 2010, 22:10   #5
DrO

because the list isn't complete (as is stated in the shortcut listing). however, the shortcut is shown in the 'Playback' menu on the main right-click menu so it's not too hidden from view.

i've tried the same including messing around with repeat & shuffle settings and i cannot reproduce the issue. i'd suspect a plug-in issue which would have been easier to work out if we'd seen a plug-in list from the start (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins).

also if you don't like the ctrl+b action you don't have to press it (or if it's that much of an issue you can create a customised language pack and alter the accelerator table in winamp.lng to remove the action).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 04:25   #6
dr34m3r

It's a clean install. Seems to only happen if you have a big playlist (I have over 15000 playlist items, no videos). Winamp seems to remember the route it took to get to the song after you press CTRL+B (guessing), if you then press B or click "next track" the shuffle memory is cleared.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
freezing, keyboard shortcut, next track