Old 8th November 2010, 22:45   #1
Lagerstars

Jukebox type feature?

Hi, glad to see WinAmp on Android!!

Something that i'm wanting to do but am struggling to find an app for is this......

I've currently got a HTC Desire but looking to get a tablet, maybe the Galaxy or an Archos 101 but what i'd like is a media player that can browse / connect / whatever to my NAS where all my music is located and be able to stream from my NAS to my phone / tablet.

So basically, i'd launch the app and where you can go to artist or song etc have a feature to direct it to another location including optional credentials input, a network share perhaps is the easiest way as it would likely otherwise need an app at the other end as well.

From there i want to use the HDMI connection from the tablet or tablet dock to my Amp and use it as a media centre type device. With the cradles they can sit in it would be great and if WinAmp can eventually graft in some of the funky screensaver type things to boot then it'd look awesome as well but its the ability to stream from my NAS over WiFi that i really want.

Thoughts?
Lagerstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 09:06   #2
Lagerstars

Or alternatively (and maybe easier to achieve?) an Android plugin that allows WinAmp to connect to a Squeezebox server as there seems to be a Squeezebox Server for multiple platforms already.....

Windows
MAC
Netgear NAS
Windows Home Server
Ubuntu / Debian
Linux RPM
Perl
Old 11th November 2010, 10:27   #3
Lagerstars

Or..... DLNA enabled?