Old 5th April 2012, 16:22   #1
Rylos007

Broken? AOL, Winamp, Plugins, and Profiles

Greetings, this may sound like whining and maybe it is but I am clearly new and totally unsure of what is going on. Really just about finding out what is going on. I know the world did not end and I am all alone because I have a bunch of kids at my house left over from a sleep over driving me crazy!

- go to winamp.com. Look around. Click on profile to try and register. That takes me to a page with text -

Sign-in method
Please choose one of the provider options to the left to sign in to Winamp.com (e.g. Winamp, Facebook, etc.)

Create a Winamp account
You must be signed in to submit, rate and review skins, plug-ins, visualizations and online services. If you don't have an account yet, please sign up for one - it's FREE!

Forgot Password (for Winamp & AOL only)
Note: Winamp accounts serviced by AOL. Click here to learn more

Don't have an account?
Register

However, nothing loads in the left window buy my FF load error.

If I choose register it takes me through a process for the last 24 hours that just says 'Whew, you went to a lot of work.... fail' kind of message.

- Then, and what brought me here, is the plugins. I just bought the pro (was that a mistake?). The plugins page is empty. Nothing. The Browse Plug-ins dropdown link takes me to a virtually empty page with no plugins.

- Once I did get registered, and I clicked on the link in my email to go and verify my account it gave me a message about being able to go to my Profile, this, or that. Clicking on Profile just errors out.

- Skins page is empty as well.

Just a little frustrating to run into this after I just paid for the Pro version.

Peace and Blessings
Rylos
Rylos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 16:35   #2
DrO

see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=343809 which is related and it's being looked into from what i understand.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 16:36   #3
Rylos007

Thanks! But can we get to plug-ins via another route?
Rylos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 16:53   #4
DrO

unless you specifically know what plug-in(s) you were looking for and can find the author's own site (if they have one) then i'm not aware of another alternative.

-daz
Old 5th April 2012, 17:32   #5
DrO

it should be working again now.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design