Old 19th May 2005, 02:00   #1
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Worst. High school band. Ever.

A lot of people at my school must be high on crack, becasue I would have to say that one of the bands at my high school has got to be the worst highschool band ever. The music sounds to me that of a car alarm being shoved into the butt of a screeching cat. I'm friends with the lead singer, so I don't dare say anything. But seriously, he should spend a good twenty years in singing lessions, then consider throwing out that 20 year old "keytar" of his. I know it's harsh, but once you hear this crap, you'll probably agree with me:

http://myspace.com/mockdeathorange

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 05:39   #2
Spazz333
Major Dude

Yup, you're right. Bad, very bad. The Falling Masses started interesting though.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 05:42   #3
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Is it "so bad you gotta hear it" or "so bad don't click"?
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 05:51   #4
Spazz333
Major Dude

Both, kinda like car crash syndrome.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 11:28   #5
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
They're so bad at what they're trying to do, it's funny. Epiphany in a song started ok, bad, but interesting. Then when that guy started.....umm.....choking....all of the time, I switched to My Temperature. Which is so bad it's not even funny. Like it's made by someone whose brain has evaporated because he drank too much Cave Creek Chili Beer. Which might be the case. Falling Masses starts ok again, and is the best of the three, but it's boring as hell.

Yes, they're bad. Not the worst high school band ever, but they're not even average.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 17:56   #6
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Well, after DD's review, I still don't know if I want to listen to them. C'mon! Someone else listen to the songs and review them so that I can make up my mind.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 20:54   #7
Schmeet
Major Dude

The singing kind of has a punky attitude about it which i don't think would sound as bad if it had some guitar crunch to acompany it. It sounds very shallow and would be the kind of thing i'd associate with a very, very strange film.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:26   #8
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Tell me it's a joke. This is some seriously bloody awful stuff. It reminds of the glorious days of the "Worst Of The Worst" station that used to exist on mp3.com...
I'm too devastated to make a song-by-song review. Suffice it to say that if you only have to hear one, make sure it's "TV Temperature". Then, you'll most certainly reconsider your decision not to donate for the mentally-retarded.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2005, 01:02   #9
gforce0909

Send a message via AIM to gforce0909
if they stuck to just instrumentals they wouldnt be that bad...

but yea the singing is horrible

that first song, epiphany or w/e was tolerable until the kid started trying to scream, but it sounded like he was choking and got kicked in the nuts
gforce0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 14:39   #10
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Wow, thats so bad I stopped listening to every song as soon as the vocals started . The first song that came up (Falling Masses Newer Release), I was thinking, "Ahh, those people are just complaining, this isn't that bad", than it changed to a faster beat/tempo, and I thought, "That was retarded". Than, the vocals started, and I thought "Wow, they weren't kidding, this is really bad. It doesn't even sound like he's speaking english!" Than, I realized he wasn't, and I just thought "meh, it still sucks."

And it was pretty much like that for all the rest of the songs too, except for "TV Temperature", which I immidiately thought "Wow, this sucks major balls..."

Our school has a "band" that thinks they're going to make it big. Really, I guess it could happen, but they're just to cocky about it. The drummer is 13, the guitarist is 14, and the bass player is 17 . They tried to make a recording to enter in a contest, but, surprise surpries, they weren't ready on the day they had booked the recording equipment, so they didn't get to.
Which, really wasn't much of a surprise to me, because out of their 7-8 songs that they have, they know 0 of them well enough to record.
But, don't get me wrong, they aren't actually all that bad. The guitarist isn't very talented, and can't play anything more complecated than power chords, and they don't even have a singer, but whatever. I'm done.

[End Rant]
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama