Old 5th October 2008, 05:56   #1
Phat
Major Dude

New Anandamide Milkdrop 2 Mixed Media Presets

Hopefully this works on everyone's box. We did some work to make sure they worked at different aspect ratios. I'm just uploading this preset pack on our webpage, considering these two presets are almost 6mbs.

http://www.eos4life.com/Anandamide -...To_Bassics.zip

Also, please do not just mash them up with code which completely disregards color theory, or fucks up the perspective and take our names out. I mean technically you could, but you would really, really suck. As a matter of fact, I would rather like it if anyone trying to remix these put the work in by taking the time to custom create, modify, or re-appropriate existing code in a manner that pays close attention to aesthetics.

All in all these textures where created out of at least 50 + photographs. I did all the photography also. I'm pretty sure everything in these presets, code and textures, is ours.

Also, I've been writing this track recently while working on these...

http://www.eos4life.com/mp3s/New_OZ_26.mp3

You could say I've got this affinity for remixing oz stuff currently... I found an old children's piece of vinyl with a Disney version of the wizard of oz to accompany a book that was not with the vinyl. It's where the samples come from...

Anyway, I think I included all the textures needed... I will check later, if this look broken please inform me.

P.s. one of these images comes from some gallery work we have done...
We also have a very nice wide format printer, if anyone wants printed copies just contact us.

Last edited by Phat; 5th October 2008 at 08:19.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 11:25   #2
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
oh pity, Pixelshader3 presets don't run on ATI cards

And what programs did you use to create the dds files?
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 11:32   #3
Phat
Major Dude

Um.... Photoshop cs2 and 3 (cuz cs3 has some memory issues), Context Free, 3dstudio max, and Autopano Pro.... I think that's all of them.

Seriously you should try to get to a computer that can run them! Best stuff we've done in Milkdrop by far I think maybe..
Old 5th October 2008, 12:13   #4
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

i really guess, but what can i say - i've got a HD3780 which is capable of Pixelshader4.1 - there's a bug with milkdrop.
I chose this graphics card for its passive cooling in my super-silent config and i would rather like to see the bug removed than stupidly changing my hardware.

I have a nice bunch of spherical photos on my disk, that still wait to get unleashed.
Old 5th October 2008, 16:00   #5
Eo.S.
Milkdrop Moderator

I hate to say it but the simple matter of fact may just be that the reason pixel shader 3.0 presets do not work on ATI cards is that Ryan Geiss is employed by Nvidia [although I hope it's really just a technical oversight].

As a professional graphics/shader programmer I cannot actually fathom or conceive of any reason PS3.0 presets would not function on ATI aside from through intent.

I'm not positing this as fact mind you, or attempting to lame blame or accusation, but it seems very[most] likely that this could just be the result of politics.

I'm interested to hear what Geiss has to say about the no PS3.0 on ATI issue [assuming he's reading the forums].

Eo.S.
Eo.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 16:37   #6
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

politics, yes probably.
Invidia, latin: envy, deadly sin

Ryan Geiss went into hiding and DjEgg didn't report back neither after pestering the lawyers for releasing the Milkdrop2.0 sources again.
something's going on...
Old 6th October 2008, 13:30   #7
redi jedi
Will code for food

Nooo Politics!?!? not this crowd..

I also think that's the reason none the changes after 1.04d(Ryan's last version) where included, not just mine, but the rest from nullsoft and a few other contributors. if 2.0 is actually a branch of 1.04d and not any of the subsequent open source versions they may be able to get away with making it closed source, which is likely there intention. other wise why would you not release the source to eager devs waiting to integrate new features.. like the WII Mote add on, all my changes, WMP support(this may be the red flag)... these are all things that would be IN MD2 TODAY if they released the source.

anyone know a good reason not to let proven developers pimp your application at no cost to you?

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:21   #8
Phat
Major Dude

did you check the presets out?
Old 6th October 2008, 17:26   #9
Phat
Major Dude

Here are some presets made in pixel shader 2... It's annoying that I can't load all my presets on this box. MegaHellaLameCore if this is some manifestation of CorporateDouchTardedness, who ever is to blame is a tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip anandmide _ shifter - fractical_dancer_mtm_mix .zip (10.0 KB, 332 views)
Old 6th October 2008, 17:29   #10
Phat
Major Dude

Yea, Redi you mean like an easy video echo post process effect that doesn't render everything twice and cut your frame rate in half?... I noticed that was just gone.... Wii control support would be so dope for doing parties.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:06   #11
Stahlregen

Well, I have no idea how the PS3 ones look (which will change as soon as I get a GX2 with two working GPUs), but those PS2 ones look like artwork to me - and I'm not entirely sure if that's a compliment or not. Maybe they'd rather belong in some avantgarde-ish gallery* than in the preset folder...

It's probably because of the huge scale, with the open spaces - they do look better from a distance, or in windowed mode.

(*in earth pigments and metal leaf on a bulky canvas.)

Also, one remix that completely disregards color theories, coming right up!
Attached Files
File Type: zip color what.zip (11.0 KB, 270 views)
Stahlregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets