Old 29th September 2010, 14:05   #1
docstarz

Can i use milk drop for youtube videos ?

Hi,

I'm a research scientist working with music in a 'different' way.... Ive been working on a project full time for about 10 years now....

The end result of my work is music tracks.

Id like to create youtube vids with my music and with milk drop visualizations in the back grounded....

How do I get permission to do this?

I cant afford a commercial license for this, Im not exactly well off, and Ive been entirely self funded in the work Ive been doing.... I have about 4000 people world wide that belong in some online groups dedicated to my work, but I live on an extremely small amount of cash monthly just for survival, the people in my groups literally finance my daily bread, but no exageration, its a daily challenge being able to pay for gas in my car and to put a few meals into me.... not complaining, just telling it as it is, the work Im doing is a labour of love, not doing this for recognition or to become rich, just trying to do my part to make the world a better place and I could use a hand, you can verify that Im for real, my website is here ; http://www.thesoundofstars.org

My hope is that one day I will experience a greater return financially, to have a normal life somewhat, but not there yet

My intention for the youtube vids is to put about 3 to 5 mins of my music on the tracks along with various milk drop images from the visualizer, and then at the end point viewers to my website, to hopefully build awareness of my work, who I am, what Im doing and why....

I did ask one fellow who made a different plug in for win amp if I could have his permission,
( not milk drop ) and got the following response ;

---------------------

Subject: Re: Inquiry about your WinAmp Plugin
To: "Doc Stars" <doc_starz@yahoo.com>
Received: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 6:24 AM

Hi,

There are no restrictions except from adding a link to www.lexity.se, preferably at the end of your videos.

Good Luck

On 29 sep 2010, at 07.38, Doc Stars wrote:

Hello,

I create music, Id like to screen capture video produced by Winamp and your visualization plug in as its responding to my music. I would like to upload this then to youtube.

Am I free to do this using your software, are there any restrictions?
docstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 20:06   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Can't access your sound samples because quicktime shite does not work for me but anyway, don't think this should be a problem. There were similar requests before, see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=314590
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 00:02   #3
docstarz

Using MilkDrop for You Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
Can't access your sound samples because quicktime shite does not work for me but anyway, don't think this should be a problem. There were similar requests before, see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=314590
Really appreciate that.... do you know, does this apply also to the 'Advanced Visualization Studio' ?

Not sure why the sample demos didnt work, most of them are in .MP3 file format, and can be played via any media player.

If you go to the main site, and click the 'TRY' button on that page, all the mp3 files there should work fine in WinAmp

However, if that isnt working properly and/or if more samples are desired, this is a direct access and download link for about 30 different alternate tracks ;

http://69.89.31.222/~thesoun6/tirnanoc/

Your support honestly is very humanitarian, and I am honored by those souls willing to lend me an honest and heartful hand. The work Ive been involved with is meant soley to be an instrument to lift people up in a concrete way and to shine positive healing light into their lives.

The frequency tracks I create are embedded with complex geometric topologies that represent emotional and mental states in consciousness.

When designing them, I know what the landscape of the complex domain of the data set
'looks' like and when people report back the effects they experience and I can dynamically witness the effectiveness of my design in relation to their experienced outcome - Im always gratified...

However, Ive wanted to be able to share beautiful visuals with people for the last few years when they listen to my tracks so they can get a taste of the visual richness of the embedded audio geometries

John from ;

http://www.cymascope.com/

Contacted me about a year or so ago, a casual new associate of mine, we've both studied and applied Cymatic principles into our work vis a vis Hans Jenny's ( Chladni's) principles...

The cymascope would be a very good way to exhibit my tracks, but John hasnt yet put together a mechanism to facilitate this, and when I saw what Milk Drop was capable of render wise, I realized that a significant amount of the sensation could be delivered through this means

Its exciting actually, because Milk Drop seems to be very good at assigning shape and form to highly subjective music pieces, however, my actual music pieces HAVE objective geometric forms within them so the marriage between these two should be really exquisite....

Thanks again!

Kind Regards

D
Old 30th September 2010, 00:05   #4
docstarz

An example ;

12 Piano notes made visible for the first time
http://www.cymascope.com/cyma_research/musicology.html
Old 30th September 2010, 00:48   #5
docstarz

Approval for YouTube Usage Received

Thanks folks!

I just also received this ;

--------------------
Re: Inquiry about WinAmp Plugin - Re: Usage on YouTubeWednesday, September 29, 2010 3:14 PMFrom: "DJ Egg @ Winamp Support" <dj_egg@winamp.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: doc_starz@yahoo.comHi

I can't see there being any problems with that. Sounds good to me. Go for it! :--)

Regards,

DJ Egg
Winamp Support
www.winamp.com
support@winamp.com
-------------

So its official ! Such kind and heartfull support both from the WinAmp Sysop and the WinAmp Support branch!

Thank you!
Old 7th January 2011, 04:09   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello again,
I want to say also in this thread: Thank You!
I have posted also something in the other thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=314590
And I myself want to continue, too...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 10:11   #7
onello

Hello, I had exactly the same question of docstarz: "Can i use milk drop for youtube videos ?". I found a positive answer here and in another thread as well. A big thank you from me too!!! Just let me know if you want to know more about my music and playlist...
Thank you again.
Best regards.
O.
onello is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop