Old 16th June 2020, 01:15   #1
birknejc

Soundcard mixer control - choose output device

I am trying to live stream from our church's sound system which has an RCA connection out. I do not have an RCA inbound connection on my laptop so I am using a USB to RCA external soundcard converter that is plugged into my laptop's USB port. Windows recognizes this and I can hear sound through my laptop speakers. In ShoutCast I have this converter selected as my input device and it recognizes my device. However when I try to Select it under Soundcard mixer control it is not available as a capture device. The RCA to USB converter I am using is is a TechnicalPro (tpro.com) USB2RCA analog to Digital converter with an option to set it is inbound or outbound and I have it selected as "In". I have attached a screenshot of my setup. If this RCA to USB converter will not work can you suggest one that can? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shoutcast screenshot.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	54571  
birknejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2020, 21:35   #2
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
First thought is, Why not just use a regular RCA/Phono to 3.5mm mini jack ?
However if you are stuck with using up a USB slot try using VoiceMeeter mixer.
https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm
Select the USB device as hardware input 1 and whatever you are listening with as the hardware output A1.
You should then be able to select Voicemeeter as your audio source in shoutcast

My weekly radio show for nerds and wannabe nerds 15% Extra on Source FM every Friday
Dr.Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2020, 13:18   #3
birknejc

Dr. Flay,

I have downloaded Gloucester and it is being recognized by shoutcast dps. The usb device is being recognized as USB audio codec and I have selected this as hardware input 1. The only options I have for hardware out A1 is either the came usb device or my laptop speakers. No matter what I pick I get nothing. Any ideas?
birknejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support