Old 11th March 2004, 20:50   #801
Stratyon

A "DrO Plugin Discussion" forum! now why hasn't anyone thought of that before.
on the other hand I'd miss these threads
Stratyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2004, 21:30   #802
D&B
Banned

Diggin the experimental custom text formatting in the playlist.

Come on, you know Extended Playlist needs some love now!
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2004, 21:45   #803
D&B
Banned

Hey Dr.O, just noticed a little bug.

What I am doing:
Medium sized playlist set on random. Queue up a few songs (by using "Q" in the playlist).

Expected Behavior:
Play my queued songs in order, then fall back on random.

Bug:
When moving from one song to the next Queued song, there is a quick, and i mean extremely short, clip of sound played from what would of been the next random song before moving changing to the next queued song. This happens with both a natural song to song progression and a forced next click.

You can really only notice it when the accidental random song has sound RIGHT AWAY, and it is a very brief clip. Yet it is annoying.

Possiblely Related Details:
Windows XP
Audigy 2
Using Directsound output
Using DSP Plugin Enhancer (occurs without it too though)
Old 11th March 2004, 23:20   #804
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratyon
A "DrO Plugin Discussion" forum! now why hasn't anyone thought of that before.
on the other hand I'd miss these threads
You know, Peter had his own forum.
It's not such a bad idea, since the DrO threads are getting ridiculously huge and noone can be expected to do a search before posting in them..

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2004, 23:22   #805
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kickboy12
Damn, this thread is so long it could use it's own forum.
hehe, is a bit long now (just seen Plague's post) hmm, may look into this one...

badrad: you'll like the updated version on that which gives you a bit more customisability (though i will improve it in a later version once i've done a bit more work).

PLex is back on development now (with changes coming to JTFE to allow it to be interogated for the current queue).

as for the bug, it's a feature due to the way it works, depending on your output settings some of the next file may have started playing as you've noticed. i'll see if i can work around it in a later build but i don't think there's much i can really do about it

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 05:28   #806
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
badrad: you'll like the updated version on that which gives you a bit more customisability (though i will improve it in a later version once i've done a bit more work).

as for the bug, it's a feature due to the way it works ... i don't think there's much i can really do about it

-daz
Im sure I will like it! Jump to File is so awesome, I cant wait to see your same whirlwind of progamming thrown at PLex. Its like having my own personal Winamp programmer. Where do you live? Id buy you dinner.

Anyway, about the bug (it definitely isnt a feature. Even if its unfixable, its not the desired behavior = bug), it occurs even on a fresh install, so, hopefully you can hack it into oblvivion because it does sound really bad sometimes (soft song in queue to a soft song in queue, interrupted by a quick loud song, bleh!)
Old 12th March 2004, 10:24   #807
Dextro

I've already noticed what badrad is talking about but since my computer is kind of a slowpoke I only notice the song title in the main winamp window, I don't get to year the song.

Yet I too saw that behaviour and I figured it had to do to the way you (Dr.O) change the track to the enqueued one in order to bypass some of the shuffle logic problems. Am I right?

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 10:54   #808
Icegod

I noticed the problem as well. But for the most part it isn't very annoing as I don't usally queue more songs.
Icegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 11:08   #809
DrO

this one is going to involve some hacking to try and work around it i think - you'll have to bear with me on it since i'll have to find a way around how the input plugin system works

-daz
Old 12th March 2004, 13:44   #810
amano
Major Dude

Could this be somehow related to the in_mpg123 bug?

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 13:50   #811
DrO

what it seems to be is the prebuffering on the next file that's starting to be played. jtfe only gets the end of a file message that is sent out and if the output is being pre-buffered then it will have data to play on a song change.

by the looks of it everyone is using out_ds.dll
is it possible for people to try it with pre-buffering disabled (set at 0) to see if i'm right

-daz
Old 12th March 2004, 18:31   #812
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
DrO's Web Site

DrO, the link in your sig http://daz.ne1.net redirects to a "parked domain" notice. However, http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/ links to your content and plugins. I'm not sure whether you know about this, but I thought I'd bring it up, so maybe you can clarify it for us. Thanks! jmatthews112
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 18:39   #813
DrO

jmatthews112: thanks for pointing that out. nunzio390 sorted that out for me at the time (hence the nunzioweb domain). i only use the full version so i can get at the uploaded files directly so i wouldn't have noticed that for a while.

better update some forum links now

-daz
Old 12th March 2004, 19:35   #814
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
which menu do you mean? since it's on the right-click menu on the jtf dialog and i've added to the playlist right-click menu the option to clear the queue even with the addition of a shift+c shortcut.

-daz
see this image: http://cianca.altervista.org/immagin...attachment.JPG

bye

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Cianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2004, 23:02   #815
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
this one is going to involve some hacking to try and work around it i think - you'll have to bear with me on it since i'll have to find a way around how the input plugin system works
Everyone loves you -- the winamp dev team would probably glady provide you with some insider information if you asked.

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
is it possible for people to try it with pre-buffering disabled (set at 0) to see if i'm right
After work and after my date, ill give it a shot.
Old 16th March 2004, 18:20   #816
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
by the looks of it everyone is using out_ds.dll
Occurs even when prebuffering is set to 0.

Does this mean its fixable? I really hope so. To me it messes up JTFE's most valuable feature.
Old 16th March 2004, 19:43   #817
bobathia

Send a message via AIM to bobathia
love Jump to File Extra - v0.94h

but i'm still looking for those little numbers in the playlist editor window... haha, let me know if it's possible dro, if not don't worry about it. thanks
bobathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2004, 19:57   #818
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
bobathia, look up.

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Nimelennar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2004, 23:30   #819
D&B
Banned

Yea its there and its wonderful!
Old 16th March 2004, 23:39   #820
DrO

badrad: can you try it with buffer ahead on track change set to zero as well, thnx

bobathia: it's in the current winamp 5.03 betas and the current one whips up that preview build

-daz
Old 17th March 2004, 01:01   #821
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
badrad: can you try it with buffer ahead on track change set to zero as well, thnx
Sure thing, at school now, but after school and the gym Ill give it a shot.

Stop taunting me with the betas. How many people to I have do suck up to and help test things till I get in on those
Old 17th March 2004, 01:08   #822
DrO

hehe, we get taunted with them as well. the longer it takes for 5.03 to come out, the better the version (i hope) of jtfe that will be shipped out as well (which is good for everyone ).

-daz
Old 17th March 2004, 05:01   #823
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Still occurs.

Hey, I heard in 5.03 the JTFE lets you alt click in the playlist to queue up stuff. Cool! I had a question -- currently, my operation of winamp is almost entirely keyboardless. Thus, it would be cool if I could queue up songs with the middle click of the mouse! Is that possible?

And good luck squashing that bug!
Old 17th March 2004, 07:36   #824
Cianca

DrO have you seen my post????

And.... Will said that JTFE will have the dequeue function?? it's real??

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Cianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 08:29   #825
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yes. JTFE in 5.03 (info) implements alt+click enqueue/dequeue, as well as queue # indicators in the playlist window.

Don't know about adding shit to the Manage Playlists menu though...
Clear Queue (Shift+C) is already in the Playlist right click menu.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 16:33   #826
quentin

hi there, i haven't been here for a while and don't want to read the amazing last 20 pages i missed, but has anyone of the winamp 2.9 users pointed out the problem with the configuration dialog?

no fun

but again, this plugin rocks, the best and most used on every (as for me speaking)
quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 16:49   #827
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yes it's been pointed out already..
Why are you still using 2.9?
if you don't want the Modern Skin stuff in Winamp5, get Lite!

-Plague
Old 17th March 2004, 16:59   #828
DrO

quentin: the prefs pages were broken around when 5.01 was released (since jtfe almost made it in for that version). but for the problem, it's altered the upcoming build (i think it's even working in the preview build i posted a page or so back) so it will just open as a normal dialog.

badrad: thnx for that. it's strange how it only happens on certain systems since on my old beast it never happens and DJ Egg's faster 2.?Ghz machine it doesn't happen either (it did happen when both machine were under extreme load).

looks like i need to hack into winamp a bit then as for the mouse-click button, hrm, it could be possible to do though it means overriding the default winamp behaviour (since i have the middle button set as a double-click ) -> i'll consider it.

Cianca: i can't see the benefit of adding a modern skin only option to the plugin and the always on shift+c/right-click menu option is far easy to use i think

-daz
Old 17th March 2004, 17:00   #829
quentin

never change a running system i don't see a reason to use another winamp version than 2.91...
Old 17th March 2004, 18:40   #830
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

umm, 2.91 isn't THAT old, so you most likely have already changed a running system atleast once before.. so why not again?

-Plague
Old 17th March 2004, 18:45   #831
quentin

touché
Old 17th March 2004, 19:30   #832
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
badrad: thnx for that. it's strange how it only happens on certain systems since on my old beast it never happens and DJ Egg's faster 2.?Ghz machine it doesn't happen either (it did happen when both machine were under extreme load).

looks like i need to hack into winamp a bit then as for the mouse-click button, hrm, it could be possible to do though it means overriding the default winamp behaviour (since i have the middle button set as a double-click ) -> i'll consider it.
About the bug: Anything more I can do to help, let me know. I hate this bug and cant wait to see it brutaly murdered.

About my feature request: I figured you would just capture the input for "middle click", so if the user had their middle click set to something else it wouldnt work. Example, I have a logitech mouse with a middle button and a thumb button. I have both these set to "middle click". Thus, even if I used the thumb button, it would queue the song. If its doable I think it would be cool, but hey, its your plugin.
Old 25th March 2004, 16:14   #833
Ikarus7

hey darren i just wanted to thank you so damn much for bringing my wish with the "M" key into an official version of winamp.

you're my man bud.

what about an M for the media library ? that would be kick-ass ...
Ikarus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 16:19   #834
amano
Major Dude

A new bug with 0.94te?

Press "J" and focus your eyes on the main window (there is something moving, or something like that). I can't remember to have seen this before.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 25th March 2004, 17:42   #835
DrO

Ikarus7: it was on the todo list, just involved a bit more work than i thought (and it looks like it's working since there's some major hacks working to make it run).

media library will come with time, key features first and then i can branch out into the wilderness

amano: what skin are you using? which window are you pressing 'J' in?

--------------------------------------

yes, v0.94te (little play on the laters there) is the version bundled with 5.03 though it's already out-dated i went for that build since it's stable and fixes weird issues with winamp (yes, most issues can be linked to me ). there will be an updated version in the next week i think once i've tested the changes to the dialog code (customisable enter options and keep open on double-click stuff).

hopefully this new build should be faster on load, on alt+click and also when pressing 'q' in the playlist window. altogether it's a nice little build i think (but who will find the easter egg...? )

enjoy
-daz
Old 25th March 2004, 18:12   #836
amano
Major Dude

Modern base skin. PL window.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 25th March 2004, 20:05   #837
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
When you click 'About' in the JTFE options, and move your mouse to focus on the dialog that pops up, I get a error in KERNEL32.DLL... It's no biggie Darren, but I thought you might like to know.

I use WinME, which hasn't been as reliable in the past. Everything else works though. Great plugin Darren.

Amano, Darren: I can't confirm the bug in the Modern Skin Playlist Window. What is happening, specifically Amano?
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 20:11   #838
Dextro

cool like this build but it still has one tiny problem: when using restore last position on opening everytime you close it and open it it moves bit upwards which starts to cause trouble when it's near the top of the screen :S

Using Classic Skin.

Btw: has anyone found the easter egg yet?

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 20:53   #839
amano
Major Dude

"...is a nice little plugin and you better remember that! with <3 from me to you...<3 to nullsoft and greetz to DJEgg and all who've helped make it what it is ^_^"

Is it that?

Btw, is there a changelog for the new JTFE?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88

Last edited by amano; 25th March 2004 at 21:32.
Old 25th March 2004, 21:03   #840
ilyag

There are two strange bugs with the buttons in the JTFE dialog. First of all, only the "close" and "no files in queue" buttons appear in the dialog after pressing J. The other three appear only after I go to the queue screen and back.

Also, in the configuration dialog, Menu & Buttons tab, top region, I get 4 checkboxes, each one of them labeled "enqueue file". Strange...

Both of these bugs were present in all versions of JTFE I tried, up to 5.03's. Am I the only one, or does everybody have this?
ilyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion