Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 15th November 2000, 13:31   #1
neutrino

Winamp does not show all the available extensions in the file types setup menu, under preferences.

I use a lot of input plugins - nicemc, ra, ogg, mp+, aac, vqf etc. And as soon as the number of file types that winamp can use goes above about 30 some of the extentions are not visible. If i remove one or two of the input plugins then the other unseen extensions are visible.

Ok now this isn't such a big bug but its kind of annoying when you have to manually associate files with winamp. See if you guys could fix this before v2.7 comes out.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2000, 07:26   #2
Reverend Ike
Evangelical Alumni

neutrino -

Have you downloaded and installed Winamp v2.7 to see if your problem has been solved? Winamp v2.7 displays all 49 filetypes supported by my plugins.
Reverend Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2000, 07:40   #3
cocu

Send a message via ICQ to cocu
Im having the same problem with v2.7...
cocu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2000, 07:45   #4
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

That's weird. I've got Winamp 2.7 and it displays all 121 file extensions from my 21 input plug-ins. Are there any other possibly relevant details you can think of?
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2000, 21:39   #5
neutrino

Well if its working for you guys I guess it isn't a bug. I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem, except maybe that i don't always close winamp before I install a plugin. Well anyway I'll try v2.7 and see what happens. Thanks . By the way do I have to remove the previous version of winamp every time I update or will it just overwrite the files?
Old 18th November 2000, 05:45   #6
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

No, you don't have to uninstall first. Just install the latest version right over the top of the old one.

Input, output, and general plug-ins won't take effect after installation until the next time you open Winamp. But if you installed them while Winamp was open, and then closed then reopened Winamp, I would think everything would work properly.

Just because it works for most people, doesn't necessarily mean there's no bug there. Some bugs only show up with certain configurations and circumstances that most people might not have.
Old 18th November 2000, 20:21   #7
neutrino

Ok i installed winamp v2.7 and i have the same problem. My config: Win98(not SE) system ... don't think theres any reason for giving my hardware config but here it is anyway - AMD K6-2 366MHz , ESS 1868 soundcard (Really sad card, i know ). Does any body have similar problems. Can you guys also tell me which plugins you are using. Winamp is installed in the default dir - C:\program files\winamp on my comp and my hard disk is partitioned - c: d: e: and f: if that helps. Can you think of any thing else that would make these extentsions visible in the setup menu?
Old 18th November 2000, 21:19   #8
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Here's the plug-ins I've got at the moment:
in_asfs.dll
in_au.dll
in_cdda.dll
in_line.dll
in_lrec.dll
in_midi.dll
in_mod.dll
in_modplug.dll
in_mp3.dll
in_npsg.dll
in_nsf.dll
in_sk00l.dll
in_snes.dll
In_tara.dll
in_thx.dll
in_tone.dll
in_unpack.dll
in_video.dll
in_wave.dll
In_wm.dll
in_ym.dll

I.e. no NiceMC, no OGG, no MP+, no AAC, and no VQF. Perhaps there's something to that. Is there more than one or two of your plug-ins that the removal of fixes the problem? If not, then perhaps that one or two of them is the culprit.
Old 19th November 2000, 04:02   #9
Urge

I used to have the same problem, but removing all input-plugins, then installing them one by one fixed it. Now everything works nicely
Old 20th November 2000, 17:17   #10
neutrino

That means I found the solution to the problem.
And its all thanks to you guys. I tried what urge said - copy the plugins one by one into the plugin folder. And that worked until I copied the innover's Realaudio Plugin (the extensions stopped appearing after that). Its just like winsane said, one of the plugins were at fault not winamp. So I copied the realaudio plugin last and now everything is just great.
Thankyou!!! Thankyou!!! Thankyou!!!
Winamp rules!!!
Old 20th November 2000, 17:35   #11
neutrino

By the way Winsane where did you get the modplug plugin from? Is it on input plugin page?
Old 20th November 2000, 22:08   #12
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Nope, it's not in the Winamp.com listings (except for in my Tech Support Greatest Hits "Where'd those plug-ins go?" thread).
ModPlug engine plugin, by PP: http://pp666.cjb.net/misc.htm

The problem above still seems kinda weird. I think I installed Winamp 2.7 before replacing Innover's plug-in with Tara's, and I don't think I had the same problem as above (although I don't remember explicitly checking).

[This message has been edited by Winsane (edited November 20, 2000).]
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports