Old 24th January 2008, 20:21   #281
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaswicis
Hi Joonas,

I really tried a lot of times to install your tool.

I need it ^^. But i cant Drag'n'Drop into a Windows Folder (explorer) I re-installed Winamp three times.

Could you tell me what to do?

TiA
No reinstall should be necessary, but if it doesn't work I have no solution. It uses the regular drag 'n drop OLE interface. If it doesn't work, it shouldn't work for any other drag 'n drop application either.
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 01:13   #282
stuckinasquare3

Are you still working on this plugin? I'd like to donate (and get rid of the nagging message haha) but obviously I'd like to make sure that someone's on the other end to send a license =)
stuckinasquare3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 05:34   #283
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by stuckinasquare3
Are you still working on this plugin? I'd like to donate (and get rid of the nagging message haha) but obviously I'd like to make sure that someone's on the other end to send a license =)
I can send a license
Old 7th February 2008, 06:27   #284
stuckinasquare3

Payment sent. Please send license to
jcafaro10@gmail.com
stuckinasquare3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 18:37   #285
tnerbrellim

I installed this plugin, and it seems to have messed up winamp. I'm really not a computer novice, but now whenever I try to play anything, it will skip through the file very quickly with no audio. This problem remains even after uninstalling the plugin.

What should I do?
tnerbrellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 18:44   #286
osmosis
Major Dude

I'm using Drag n' drop right now and have never experienced that sort of problem. However, there is an outside possibility that somehow along the way a setting in winamp.ini might've gotten changed, so what I recommend is that you go into preferences and double check both what your output plugin is set as and the settings in it. What it looks like to me is that you have somehow chosen the 'Old skool WAV writer' as your output plugin and it's turning everything you play into a .wav file on your HD. If you notice your HD space dropping precipitously after each instance of this fast "skip" playing.. then this is definitely the case, and you should change the output to DirectSound and also go delete those .wav files.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 23:46   #287
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by tnerbrellim
I installed this plugin, and it seems to have messed up winamp. I'm really not a computer novice, but now whenever I try to play anything, it will skip through the file very quickly with no audio. This problem remains even after uninstalling the plugin.

What should I do?
If you have uninstalled the plugin and the problem persists, I can assure you that it is not the cause of your problem.

The drag 'n Drop plugin doesn't make any changes in Winamp other than sub-classing the Playlist Editor when installed.
Old 14th May 2008, 08:06   #288
khassler2

Trying to get this plugin to work

I am running the newest version of winamp on xp sp2
i want to drag and drop from the playlist editor, which i think is in the upper right hand corner, to a windows explorer window.
I installed your plugin and it does show up somewhere in the plugin list when i go into preferences.

I have tried many combinations of crt; and shift and alt, but none seem to work.
there is no change in the cursor, no circle with a line, and no drop here cursor.

where could i be going wrong?

thanks
kevin
khassler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 09:36   #289
Joonas
Forum King

Re: Trying to get this plugin to work

Default drag 'n drop is holding right mouse-button. This is because Winamp moves files with holding down the left mouse-button and I didn't want to break that.

If you prefer to drag 'n drop with the left button you can select "Reverse item move and drag 'n drop mouse activities." in the preferences. Then you will drag 'n drop with the left button and move files within the playlist (standard Winamp action) with the right one.

/Jonas

Quote:
Originally posted by khassler2
I am running the newest version of winamp on xp sp2
i want to drag and drop from the playlist editor, which i think is in the upper right hand corner, to a windows explorer window.
I installed your plugin and it does show up somewhere in the plugin list when i go into preferences.

I have tried many combinations of crt; and shift and alt, but none seem to work.
there is no change in the cursor, no circle with a line, and no drop here cursor.

where could i be going wrong?

thanks
kevin
Old 30th June 2008, 15:49   #290
Feh

Hi. I have a problem with the DND plugin. When I drag files from playlist and into explorer or other apps winamp often freezes and stops working. Sometimes I can drag 50 files without problems, other times 1 file is enough for wimap to crash. It either crashes when I release the right button holding the file over explorer, or it crashes the second I right click the file and try moving it over to explorer.

Using latest winamp pro 5.531 and latest UNICODE DND plugin on Vista Home Premium.

I have no Idea what causes this, tried all the settings in DND but none of them sovles the problem. Dunno if it's other programs running on my comp either, but my laptop (the one having problems with DND) runs the exact same programs as my stationary pc only difference is that my other comp uses XP and DND works like a charm there.

I read through this thread and noticed other ppl also have had some problems with this, but I couldn't find any good answers for this problem.

Also like to say this plugin is freakin GENIOUS. Can't imagine how life would be without it :P
Feh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 23:19   #291
streetsofsurrey

Thank you for having a plugin like this. Winamp should support this.

Anyways it is working fine. Only bad thing about this plugin is that it does now allow me to drag and drop from the main list in bentoo skin. But it works fine in the right top corner playlist.
streetsofsurrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:36   #292
rick7

Hi -- I'm fairly new to Winamp. I've read on another thread that this plugin does something I'd like to do but I'd like to confirm that before I install it. I often listen to an podcast for a while, but stop it midway before it's done and switch to some music stream that I have in my Bookmarks. Then maybe an hour later I want to go back to the podcast and start listening at the exact point where I'd left off before.

"Drag 'n' drop to the Playlist Editor" seem unrelated to any of this (I don't even use the Playlist at all), but I read that this plugin would allow me to do what I'm trying to do. If someone could confirm this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
rick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:36   #293
rick7

Does the DnD plugin work with Vista? I see on http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/index.shtml it says it's for Windows 2000/XP. Thanks.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:07   #294
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rick7
Does the DnD plugin work with Vista? I see on http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/index.shtml it says it's for Windows 2000/XP. Thanks.
That just means it's not tested with Vista. So if in doubt; test!
Old 15th January 2009, 01:33   #295
seppone

plug ins should be for free!
seppone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 10:00   #296
DrO

it's the author's choice as to what they want to do about charging for their work and if they want to get something back for the time/resources that they have put into coding the plugin. and that is only fair and as long as the plugin is useful and justifiably useful, i personally see no reason to not have a plugin released requiring a small fee for it to enable additional features, etc in it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 03:33   #297
daxliniere

Seppone, be reasonable. Any software takes time to program and time to test, even more time to find bugs.
I believe that the first few versions of this plugin were free, but as the author spent more and more time on it, he decided to charge a fee.

Sure, we all love something for free, but is it really wrong to ask for some compensation?
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 23:31   #298
osmosis
Major Dude

Newest DND available (v2.11 build 8, from Assembla) is incompatible with ML Bookmarks in at least 5.55+, causing nothing to show in the Bookmarks even though an entry is being added to the Winamp.bm file. Anybody know where Joonas is lately? I created a ticket on the Assembla bug tracker for this (and have done so previously about a couple problems I've had with DL), but he seems to have flown the coop...
Old 7th May 2009, 20:20   #299
MkFly

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
Newest DND available (v2.11 build 8, from Assembla) is incompatible with ML Bookmarks in at least 5.55+, causing nothing to show in the Bookmarks even though an entry is being added to the Winamp.bm file. Anybody know where Joonas is lately? I created a ticket on the Assembla bug tracker for this (and have done so previously about a couple problems I've had with DL), but he seems to have flown the coop...
Same boat here. I've taken to using v1.3d from:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....58#post1987158

... which works very well even with the current version of Winamp. If anybody knows of a working download link for version 1.4* or 1.5*, let me know.
MkFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 20:22   #300
MkFly

EDIT: Whoops sorry, two posts, you'll have to quote me above to get at the links :X
MkFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 23:02   #301
DrO

have managed to finally have a quick look and the problem is coming from DnD (i have to assume) doing something to the IPC_ADDBOOKMARK api in that it appears to be blocking the handling of it when the param is left empty which is meant to return the path of the bookmark file otherwise if you pass something then it'll try to add what has been passed as a bookmark. because of this, the loader in ml_bookmarks isn't able to find the file and so nothing shows but it works ok in other areas of winamp due to that using a loader in winamp.exe instead of ml_bookmarks.

MkFly & osmosis i'll pm you shortly a test build of my ml_bkmk plugin which should be able to work around the issue (i hope) though really this is something for joonas to fix.

-daz
Old 5th June 2009, 04:30   #302
gnarly126

paypal

just double checking. how would i get the activation code once i donate? thanks, great plugin
gnarly126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 20:25   #303
CurryCurra

doesnt work for me at all. ctrl+shift and moving the file around doesnt do anything besides moving the file about inside the playlist.
maybe its because im running windows 7
other things:
winamp 5.552
other installed plugins:
winamp essentials
gUSB all devices

/E: nvm, shouldve read to the end of the thread, how about adding some manual to the download, how should one figure out to use the right mouse button by himself

/EE: ok, it works great, but it keeps crashing my winamp, and whenever winamp crashes, my freshly created playlists i could create so easily with this plug-in die with it T_T

Last edited by CurryCurra; 14th August 2009 at 20:56.
CurryCurra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 14:32   #304
UnLoCo

you know what man
i registered to post the idea but ..
as it's my good habit on forums i made a little search and found ya ^^
i'm on win7 and the plug in worX great )

Quote:
how should one figure out to use the right mouse button by himself
just be me , it's simple cuz i did
UnLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 11:45   #305
rick7

Can someone confirm if the current version of DnD now works correctly with WinAmp 5.56? (Don't know if the problem mentioned a few months ago by Osmosis and MKly has been fixed.)
Old 11th October 2009, 14:22   #306
DrO

Osmosis's issue was definitely resolved by an updated version of my Bookmark Categoriser plugin which works around the DnD issue though the issue is still there if Bookmark Categoriser plugin isn't installed (and really needs a DnD update... though no idea if we're going to see that happen).

-daz
Old 11th October 2009, 22:22   #307
rick7

Ah, so I installed DND 2.1 from http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/. (Bookmark Categorizer has been installed for quite some time.) I reloaded Winamp 5.56 and ... all my bookmarks AND my podcasts were not displaying. I clicked frantically everywhere and couldn't get them back.

I uninstalled DND, reloaded Winamp, and then the bookmarks and podcasts re-displayed.

Not sure I'll be doing that again.

Any thoughts as to what might have happened?
Old 11th October 2009, 23:54   #308
osmosis
Major Dude

That's the bug I was experiencing, which DrO was also referring to with the workaround he put in Bookmark Categorizer.

Try the newest DND Beta and the newest Bookmark Categorizer. You say the Categorizer has been installed for quite some time; the workaround to Joonas' DND bug has only been in the last few versions, so I'm guessing yours might be from before.

As for ongoing development, AFAIK nobody's heard from Joonas in quite some time. He had his Assembla bug tracker all set up and it seemed like all things were go, but then he just disappeared. Hopefully he's okay.

Old 12th October 2009, 01:22   #309
rick7

I do have the latest Bookmark Categorizer 1.1, but I hadn't realized that I also need the DnD beta (on Assembla) for it to work.

Before I do this, though, maybe someone can tell me if a certain feature of DnD actually works. Back in Sept. 2008 two users asked here if there was a way to 'bookmark' a media file (such as a podcast) so that if you stopped the podcast in the middle, then went and played something else, and then some other time came back to the podcast it would resume to the previously-listened position (to its 'bookmark').

Joonas replied that DnD would allow Winamp to do that. I was surprised because it seems that DnD doesn't have anything to do with this kind of function, but in a private email he confirmed it did do that.

I'd like to try it but I'd like to see if anyone else has ever got this working.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:13   #310
Joonas
Forum King

I'll have a look at this ASAP.

Quote:
I do have the latest Bookmark Categorizer 1.1, but I hadn't realized that I also need the DnD beta (on Assembla) for it to work.

Before I do this, though, maybe someone can tell me if a certain feature of DnD actually works. Back in Sept. 2008 two users asked here if there was a way to 'bookmark' a media file (such as a podcast) so that if you stopped the podcast in the middle, then went and played something else, and then some other time came back to the podcast it would resume to the previously-listened position (to its 'bookmark').

Joonas replied that DnD would allow Winamp to do that. I was surprised because it seems that DnD doesn't have anything to do with this kind of function, but in a private email he confirmed it did do that.

I'd like to try it but I'd like to see if anyone else has ever got this working.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:18   #311
DrO

Joonas: you need to update your handling of the IPC_ADDBOOKMARK to return the path to winamp.bm if wParam is zero. Will check my code fix later on to make sure that is correct.

-daz
Old 12th October 2009, 14:15   #312
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Yup, I'm away from my computer but I believe it's under "Extensions" ? Have a look there, it's a checkbox and says something about adding times to bookmark functionality. That's the feature you're looking for, and it does work.

Joonas:

Old 13th October 2009, 01:18   #313
rick7

I looked at the DnD beta on assembla and all I see there is the DLL. Not sure what to do with that. So I installed the 'official' DnD 2.1 again, didn't load Winamp but just copied the beta GEN_DRAGNDROP.DLL on top of the installed one. Then I tried to load Winamp but it kept crashing. I couldn't get it loaded. Any thoughts? I'm running Vista if that helps.
Old 24th October 2009, 13:05   #314
rick7

Osmosis, do you have DnD working via the newest DND Beta? All I saw there is a single DLL. How did you get that installed?
Old 24th October 2009, 17:08   #315
osmosis
Major Dude

rick: That's all any Winamp plugin is. Should work if you put it in the Winamp\Plugins directory. I didn't get crashing, just the blank Bookmarks pane, so I downloaded DrO's ml_bkmk.dll (Bookmark Categorizer) and dropped it in too. I'd suggest disabling (renaming) all of your plugin dlls so that just Drag N Drop is active and see if it still crashes. Might be some weird conflict.

Old 24th October 2009, 23:47   #316
rick7

I have Bookmark Categorizer v1.1 installed (ml_bkmk.dll dated 8/21/2009). This time I didn't install the "official release" of DnD first, but just copied the beta gen_dragndrop.dll dated 9/27/2008 into winamp\plugins. No crash this time, but the bookmarks disappear.

My guess is that my previous crash was because I first installed the "official" DnD, then closed Winamp, then copied the beta .DLL in there. This time I didn't install anything, but just copied the .dll. Bookmarks and podcasts definitely disappear.

After removing gen_dragndrop.dll, bookmarks and podcasts returned.
Old 25th October 2009, 05:18   #317
osmosis
Major Dude

Yup. That's the bug. You also need to add a setting to winamp.ini in order to enable DrO's workaround. From his changelog for v1.0 (first to include the workaround):

•Implemented a workaround for a bug in gen_dragndrop.dll breaking Winamp's bookmark handling (add bk_dnd_hack=1 in the plugin's section in your winamp.ini if experiencing the issue)

So, to clarify, that's the [BookmarkCategoriser] section in your %AppData%\Winamp\winamp.ini where you should see other "bk" variables. Adding that switch should finally fix your problem.

Old 25th October 2009, 10:33   #318
rick7

OK,bookmarks and podcasts are now working.

But the one feature that I was wanting from DnD doesn't seem to work. Say I start a song, or podcast, and don't finish listening to it this time. I want some way to "mark" that media file so that if I then go and play something else, it would 'mark' my position on the first file. So then at some other time if I came back to the original podcast I could go directly to where I left off (the 'bookmark') and it would resume to the previously-listened position.

Unless there's something you specifically have to do to leave a "mark" in the first file, or to deliberately "resume" to it after coming back to it from the second file, I'm not sure it's working.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:45   #319
osmosis
Major Dude

Try a little hunting around..

Winamp Prefs | Drag 'n Drop | Extensions | "Use enhanced bookmarks (storing time of playing file)"

Old 26th October 2009, 04:06   #320
rick7

Yup, already had that checked, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I listen to a podcast for a few minutes, then click the Stop button on that podcast. I then listen to another podcast for a little bit and then click Stop on that. I go back to the first and click Play -- and it just starts right over from the beginning rather than where I'd left it.

Or just double-clicking on the new podcast (without clicking the Stop button on the previous one) it still doesn't save the position.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development