Old 10th March 2006, 16:04   #361
s427

Quote:
Originally posted by s427
For instance :
E:\usic\op, Rock & Folk\\daho\daho - The Days Of Petrol.mp3
E:\Music\Pop, Rock & Folk\Idaho\Idaho - The Days Of Petrol.mp3

First line is what is displayed; second line is what should be displayed.

Also note the double backslash (after "Folk"). I can't figure out why, but not every path gets it...
My mistake... Second line should read :
E:\Music\Pop, Rock & Folk\I\Idaho\Idaho - The Days Of Petrol.mp3

I forgot the "I" folder, which explains the double backslash thing.
s427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2006, 20:14   #362
winguy2003

I just would like to say, keep it up shaneh! I hope you make an awesome update for Toaster soon, as this plugin rocks so much! <3
winguy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2006, 20:25   #363
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

winguy2003, if by update you mean a version compatible with 5.2, download 0.7.6 here.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2006, 20:29   #364
winguy2003

Don't worry, I've already downloaded that recently. But I'm not using Winamp 5.2 at the moment, because there are some things I don't like about it. I was hoping that 0.7.6 would fix the problem I was having with album tags in MSN Messenger 7.5. Thanks for the reply though.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....90#post1811390

Here's a link to my problem.
Old 10th March 2006, 22:08   #365
Trent187

Anyone know how to use ( ) in Toaster? I want something like (%album%), but I get errors when using the ( ).
Trent187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2006, 00:56   #366
winguy2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Trent187
Anyone know how to use ( ) in Toaster? I want something like (%album%), but I get errors when using the ( ).
Use [] instead, maybe? :S

EDIT: Wait nevermind. I have no idea what I'm talking about. xD
Old 11th March 2006, 01:14   #367
shaneh
Major Dude

You just need to use single quotes around the brackets. I will release a new version of Toaster soon which fixes the newline bugs that were introduced with Winamp 5.2, and the bugs introduced in .7.6 as a result.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 16:17   #368
Keyboards

Just wanted to say what a great bit of software this is. I had problems with the title display in Messenger 8 beta, but with the new 0.7.7 version it's back to normal.
Keyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 15:43   #369
digitalparanoid

suggestion ?

Hi !

First of all i must say i really enjoy your plug-in My computer's screen looks like a jukebox thanx to you !

There comes a suggestion (or maybe it's already possible, and if someone's got the answer...)

I'm using one of the formatting cell to display the current song lyrics (using a ID3V2 tag) and when the text is rather long, I can't display it whole. It gets truncated if bigger than a given length (even if there's a lot of space avalaible on the panel...) Should it be possible to display a virtually unlimited text ?

My second thought was the following one (don't know if this one is feasible ) : could we have scroll bars on the panel when the text we display has so much lines that we can't display it whole (even if the text is shorter than the limit I talked about before) ?

I should take screenshots when I get home, to help you understand me

anyway thanx for the good job
digitalparanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 23:18   #370
Courtarro

Send a message via AIM to Courtarro
Very minor issues

First, I'll join the rest in saying that I love Toaster. I just noticed that it handled album covers, and I spontaneously decided to take your suggestion to use AlbumArtAggregator and grabbed the covers to most of my music. 'Tis excellent.

I figured I'd point out a couple of issues that might be fixed if you get around to it.

1) OpenType fonts aren't supported in the list of fonts available for display. This means fonts with only OpenType (aka PostScript) outlines, with the *.otf extension. This doesn't mean: the ones that only have the "O" icon in Windows' font list but are still *.ttf files. Right now, this only seems to include the nicer fonts that come with Adobe's CS apps, like "Myriad" (made popular by Apple) or "Caslon". I don't know what it takes to make use of these fonts, but it'd be nice to have that option.

2) Sometimes the text in my non-skinned layout loses the last letter. Thus, if I'm playing "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine", it will actually only display "Jenny Was a Friend of Min". This only occurs with certain fonts, and the maximum width is larger than it's using. I suppose it's just not sizing the box exactly right, causing it to be just a pixel or two too small and resulting in text that can't be fully displayed.

My .ini file is attached if that helps. (had to zip it b/c the forum doesn't accept .ini)
Attached Files
File Type: zip toaster.zip (1.1 KB, 1117 views)
Courtarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 21:10   #371
boba-yozh

Send a message via ICQ to boba-yozh
Memory consumption with multiple images in album folder

Thanks Shane Hird for this very nice plugin. It really puts the taste of album with the cover (and even more) to its MP3 copy.

I noticed that Toaster is consuming large amount of memory when there are more than one album cover picture in the folder.
Toaster: 0.7.7 (just upgraded from 0.7.4)
Winamp: 5.21 (just upgraded from 5.2)

For example, I have a folder with MP3 files (an album of Anita Lane) and the following pictures (album covers) located in it (with sizes in bytes):
code:

booklet1.jpg │ 285487
booklet2.jpg │ 531279
booklet3.jpg │ 693640
booklet4.jpg │ 743375
booklet5.jpg │ 985039
booklet6.jpg │ 1065817
cover.jpg │ 782131
front.jpg │ 130455
inside.jpg │ 727564

In Toaster options, the following path is set for folder images:
%dir%\\*front.*;%dir%\\*cover*.jpg;%dir%\\*front*.jpg;%dir%\\*.jpg;%dir%\\..\\*.jpg

When I start playing an MP3 file from this folder, Toaster shows the popup whith front.jpg and all info. Everything is nice and looks as intended. But I just noted that the memory consumption of winamp.exe process jumps from 20Mb to 130Mb just at this momemnt. I experimented with disabling various plugins in Winamp and finally found that this huge memory leak is related to Toaster.

Here I provide the screenshot (138Kb, PNG). And here is what I've done,
using Process Explorer from sysinternals to monitor memory consumption of winamp.exe process (the lower graph in the bottom-left window):
1. started Winamp with empty playlist (private bytes memory of winamp.exe process - 20Mb)
2. added another mp3 album with no pictures in it's folder (Kitaro)
3. added the aforementioned mp3 album with covers into playlist (Anita Lane)
4. started playing track "09/11 Kitaro - Quasar" (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
5. stated playing track "1 - Anita Lane - Home is where the Hatred Is" (toast with front.jpg, 130Mb)
6. playback Kitaro track (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
7. remove booklet1.jpg from "Anita Lane" folder
8. playback Anita Lane track (toast with front.jpg, ~100Mb)
9. playback Kitaro track (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
10. remove booklet2.jpg from "Anita Lane" folder
11. playback Anita Lane track (toaster with front.jpg, ~90Mb)
and so forth, playing track from folder whith no covers, removing the next image from folder, and againg playing track from folder with remaing covers. The peaks in memory consumption were steadily lowering.
So I suggest that Toaster tries to load into memory every image it finds while searching for cover image.
It would be nice not to allocate memory for every picture found in the folder, but only for pitcure selected to be shown in toast by path mask from options.
Furthermore, I guess this memory consumption of 130Mb-20Mb=110Mb is far too big for 9 JPG files of total size ~6Mb.
Memory consumption, as I found, is totally adequate when only 1 image is located in folder.

Please could you fix this memory consumption issue.
Thanks for your plugin!
boba-yozh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2006, 00:48   #372
shaneh
Major Dude

Thank you for your detailed bug report. The memory use certainly shouldnt be that high. Your analysis does suggest the multiple images in the directory are related to the problem.

I will look into it soon.
Old 8th April 2006, 04:50   #373
Rex From Ars

I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed before, but after skimming many of the 10 pages of this thread I didn't see anything. So I'll post anyway.

I *love* Toaster, but I'm having an aggravating problem in that th eplug-in will work fine for a couple of days and then simply stop displaying toasts. I'm using the balloon notifier skin, so to fix the problem I have to go into the Toaster settings and re-import the settings from the balloon notifier folder. This in itself would be so bad, except that it resets everything to default, so I have to click the "use covers from ID3 tags" box and open a text file where I have my display format settings saved and cut and paste them into the correct lines. After doing this, Toaster will work fine for perhaps several days, or maybe even until I close and re-open WinAMP, in which case I'll have to re-do everything again.

Has anyone heard of this issue before?

Toaster .77 with WinAMP 5.21
Windows XP SP2
Aside from the default plug-ins, I also have the Shoutcast DSP plug-in, PEPper 1.0 and NowPlaying 1.4.1 installed (the last two are new to me though - the problem I'm having started before these were installed. Also, I haven't used the Shoutcast plug-in in months (before I installed Toaster)).

Any ideas?
Rex From Ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 19:25   #374
cawa_uk

Toaster stopped working? A solution...

Toaster suddenly stopped working the other day.

I updated to 0.7.7, no luck. Then reverted to 0.7.5, then 0.7.6, now back to 0.7.7, reinstalled Winamp, upgraded directx (thinking something was wrong with the overlays), read through all the forums, tried everything!

Toaster would simply no longer pop up.

Until I unchecked "prevent conflicts with messenger toasts" (under Toaster preferences, Extra).

Toaster notifications are now back and working!

One note: I did NOT update/upgrade messenger recently so messenger must be behaving strangely and on its own. I have Messenger Plus installed (but the version dates back to Dec 05) and have used a-patch to remove adverts and customize messenger a little (but this was done over 2 months ago). Toaster stopped working 2 days ago, no idea what caused it, but I'm glad its running again.
cawa_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 00:41   #375
cawa_uk

prevent conflicts with messenger toasts

Turns out it was logitech's setpoint software stopping toaster's notifications, and not messenger.

For 2 days now my logitech wireless mouse has had low batteries, and a small app has been flashing in the system tray warning me about it. It has a similar popup to messenger (which appears only once after logon), but apparently has been hogging the bottom right hand corner, preventing toaster from displaying popups (even though no toasts or popups are displayed there).

Anyway, disabling the "prevent conflict with messenger toasts" certainly resolved the issue. (And so did changing the batteries in my logitech mouse!)

So if your popups suddenly stop working too:

1) look out for any software which runs in the background and may also use notification displays (such as logitech, norton, etc.)

2) disable "prevent conflict with messenger toasts" in Toaster's advanced options

This was the solution for me!

Alex
cawa_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 13:31   #376
A Crazy German

Toaster Plugin problem

I have it all set and ready to go but it doesn't pop up for every song more like every other song. I have no idea why. Any Idea?

Thanks
A Crazy German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 14:07   #377
A Crazy German

Toaster question.

I have all my album art in one folder how do I set it so it looks in that folder for the right picture?
A Crazy German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 08:52   #378
Todes Angst

Can you add a "trigger" to set off a toaster pop-up when the name of the currently playing track changes when using a cue file for track info?

Currently if you listen to a large mp3 (such as a trance live set in file.mp3 and file.cue format) that is split into tracks via a cue sheet, only the first track will have a toaster pop-up. On track change in the playlist, all subsequent tracks don't get pop-ups. This is probably due to the actual "File" being the same (along with all ID3 info). If you could add a trigger for when the actual NAME TEXT of the currently playing track changes this would address this problem.

FYI, if the music is a single file APE,FLAC or WAV image and a cue file, every track pops-up on change. It only doesn't work with mp3 files.

Cheers
Todes Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 08:54   #379
otiasj

plus it would solve the radio names not displaying correctly ...
otiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 09:13   #380
Todes Angst

put this in your toaster "display" field.

$if(%ishttp%, %watitle%, %album%)

then Radio stream titles will display OR the Album name will depending on what is playing.
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:38   #381
otiasj

will try that Thank you
Old 24th April 2006, 04:31   #382
otiasj

Hi,
It did not solve the problem...
The problem is not that it is not displaying correctly,
the problem is that when the track changes, Toaster pop up and show something like [loading ID3]myadress:http etc...
then winamp finishes loading the name and the proper name is displayed in winamp(and also in toaster if I force redisplay)

But the thing we want is when the name is finished loading that toaster repop to show the correct name...
I guess it is the same problem with the cue files,
The first time the name is displayed but after that it does not reshow toaster upon track change.

Anyway I am a big fan of this plugin so I use it all the same ^^
Old 25th April 2006, 08:19   #383
Todes Angst

That should force a "re-pop" when the http stream changes the name of the track being played? At least it does for me.

So I don't know why it doesn't for you. Maybe check the "check" boxes in the toaster preferences and make sure in the "Display" tab that "popup on all track changes" box is ON.

It could just be that the stream doesn't send this info for that particular station?
Old 25th April 2006, 08:34   #384
otiasj

I am using the plugin wombat share
that streams mp3 using http,
It does not repop...
I just get the [connecting] http://...
Maybe the renaming goes too fast, indeed toaster as not finished popping that the name is already changed in winamp.

On another subject: is it possible to display a specified jpg in case of listening to a radio?
In case of a streamed file is the idv2 image read?

finally is the source code of toaster available somewhere?

Thank you for your help
Old 25th April 2006, 23:57   #385
shaneh
Major Dude

otiasj: What version of Toaster are you using? That was an issue with 0.7.5, but should be fixed in 0.7.7
Old 26th April 2006, 03:51   #386
otiasj

Hello Shaneh,
Sorry I was using 0.7.5 but after updating to 0.7.7 I still have the problem :-(
sometime I get [Connecting] http://...
and sometime I get [reading id3] http://...

Again, if I force repop (for example by changing the volume) the correct tag is displayed.

About the covers, is it possible to disable that :
"The toast_http.png image is used for Internet streams."
So that it atleast try to load the id3 image?
with wombat share the file is sent "has it is" so I think toaster "should" be able to read the image from id3...

Let me know if I can be of some help :-)

Thank you for this great plugin!
Old 29th April 2006, 20:59   #387
darks0ulz33

In Windows Live Messenger, the song message always shows as Title - Artist no matter what I change in the extras tab in toaster. What exactly do I type in the extras tabs so that it appears as Artist - Title?
darks0ulz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:47   #388
niktheguru

heya shaneh....any chance of fixing the the WL Messenger plugin. The new build (689) seems to have broken it. I can only get half the information (either artist or track) on there.

Please oh great one!!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:41   #389
shaneh
Major Dude

Disable 'WLM' mode. The new builds of WLM go back to the original MSN Messenger style, allowing formatting etc. Or better yet, disable it and use gen_msn, its a bit better and I will probably disable the feature in Toaster and require gen_msn instead.
Old 4th May 2006, 01:09   #390
niktheguru

Fantastic stuff. Thanks mate.

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 01:28   #391
ekowboy

how do use the cover art feature without having to organizing every song into their own folders just to have cover art can i just name the cover art jpgs (albumname - title.jpg) or anything similar?
ekowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 22:51   #392
ummowoa

Quote:
Originally posted by Erki der Loony
Hallo!

This really is a great plugin! I really like it. But when I change the font of my message every time I restart Winamp the font is reset to Arial. Why does that happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks for help!

Erki

PS: I hope my English is not too bad! ;-)
Just uncheck 'use playlist font' and would be nice
ummowoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 03:10   #393
chei

About WLM build 689

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
Disable 'WLM' mode. The new builds of WLM go back to the original MSN Messenger style, allowing formatting etc. Or better yet, disable it and use gen_msn, its a bit better and I will probably disable the feature in Toaster and require gen_msn instead.
I installed gen_msn, disabled it in toaster completely, and then... synthax error! At the second half of the info (tried three piece info - song, artist, album... error again).
But then I returned to your first suggestion and now it works.
Thanks again.
chei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 22:03   #394
WanderingKnight

Is there any chance this plugin can be altered to "play nice" with multiple monitors? I usually leave Winamp open in my left-hand, secondary monitor, and the Toast pops up in the primary. But I was thinking today it would be cool if I could have the Toast pop up in the secondary monitor and just STAY up....
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 07:37   #395
hrc600rr

I have my album art displayed and positioned in my media library when winamp is open. I also have the "hold" set to display the album art all the time. The problem is that the album art does not minimize with winamp and shows on my desktop and any other open programs. Is there a way to set the album art to display ONLY within winamp and to minimize with it? Thanks for any help guys.
hrc600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 22:41   #396
Grim Angel

Can any tell me if there is a way to link winamp to MSN's "what i'm listening to" so that when i play a song in winamp it shows on my MSN personal messenger, the same way it does with media player?

I thought this "toaster" would do it, but it only shows me what i'm playing, and not in MSN, thanks for ya help
Grim Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 09:46   #397
otiasj

toaster works with msn have a look at configuration ("extra" tab)
Old 22nd May 2006, 07:49   #398
hrc600rr

Quote:
Originally posted by hrc600rr
I have my album art displayed and positioned in my media library when winamp is open. I also have the "hold" set to display the album art all the time. The problem is that the album art does not minimize with winamp and shows on my desktop and any other open programs. Is there a way to set the album art to display ONLY within winamp and to minimize with it? Thanks for any help guys.

?????????????????????????????????????????
hrc600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 16:27   #399
fjcmurphy

Toaster, Winamp 5.23: %rating%, %playcount% disabled?

Hello!

A counple of days ago I installed Winamo 5.23 and since then the Toaster v 0.7.7 plug-in does not diplay the ratins and the playcount anymore.

I tried some settings with the fields %rating%, %ratingstar%,
and %playcount% in the formating tab of toaster but no result.

Myformatings are:
$if(%ishttp%,Internet Radio,) [$if2(%ratingstar%,Unrated)][ '('%playcount%')']

Can please someone help me make them appear again?

thanks alot in advance,
frank
fjcmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 20:30   #400
gonemad

yea winamp 5.22 broke that functionality
gonemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development