Old 21st March 2005, 08:16   #161
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
here is the evidence. see attachment.
Something is majored f***ed up then...cause no cache files should ever be anywhere but in the cache folder. At least not if you haven't changed it yourself...

I can get the Ctrl+G bug now, though not with Search mode. Only if I stay only in Browse mode.

[edit]
Hmm, is that a clean install btw?
Because I noticed that DL didn't like it very much if you hadn't used the 1.0 installer and created the DL folder before it tried to create the Cache folder...I guess there could be something wrong if the Cache folder doesn't exist when it tries to get a cache-filename...
If you would remove that root does all playlists act that weird?
[/edit]

[edit2]
I will be gone most of today...got tons of stuff to do out in the real world so expect little or no work done until tonight...
[/edit2]
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 09:25   #162
mrym

i tried clean install, cache is properly saved.
weird cache thing can't reproduce...

ctrl+g thing, for me browse mode is working fine but search mode is still have problem.

hmm, i installed v1.0 using installer in c:\program files\winamp.
v1.1 was installed in another winamp (d:\winamp) folder which created manually for beta test.
is this a cause of problem?
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 12:07   #163
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
ctrl+g thing, for me browse mode is working fine but search mode is still have problem.
Very weird...will look at it when I get around to get home...(stuck at town with errands but the public library computers work fine for forum checkup )
Quote:
hmm, i installed v1.0 using installer in c:\program files\winamp.
v1.1 was installed in another winamp (d:\winamp) folder which created manually for beta test.
is this a cause of problem?
Probably was...will fix so that DL will work fine if you just drop it somewhere without the installer
Old 21st March 2005, 21:49   #164
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 9.3

See if Go to folder works now...

*sleep mode*
Old 22nd March 2005, 12:51   #165
Dick65

What good are these extended infos in an extm3u playlist, anyway?

Does DL or Winamp read those? Or any other program.
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 12:55   #166
Dick65

Quote:
Joonas
It's been a request for as long as I can remember to have a superroot...don't say you guys changed your mind now![/B]
It's definitely good to have this super-root, now. And it will wipe the only negative remark on MPeX.net for DynamicLibrary.
Old 22nd March 2005, 14:46   #167
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
What good are these extended infos in an extm3u playlist, anyway?

Does DL or Winamp read those? Or any other program.
Winamp Playlist Editor reads them...
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:03   #168
Gabes Dad

Another feature reguest:

Ability to send a playlist and its files to a location. I know gen_yar already does this, but it would be a nice feature to integrate. Here is the c source code for the gen_yar plugin to help out a bit.

Perhaps when right-clicking on a playlist in the treeview there is menu item "Export Playlist . . ." that would bring up a dialog box with a send to location. Also an option at the bottom of the box to create a .m3u/.pls playlist file in the directory being exported to for the exported songs.

This would be great for supporting portable players with folder style navigation.

Thanks for the great work so far.
Gabes Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:16   #169
TazDevil

Hey Joonas, I was wondering up to which directory level does the lybrary get data, cause i am searching for a file, just when i open winamp and dl, and it cannot findit although it is there. the file is in the 3rd level.. (e:\first\second\third\file.mp3)

BUT when i go through the tree to the third level it still does not find the file until i scroll down to the file and allow dl to scan it for tags and staff
so is there a way to search the file name?

so as i understand search only works for cached items

ok but there is a draw back here as the cache will get oversized if audio files are being physically removed from the drive and clear cache isn't really helpfull if you have a large database of files

so you will need to spare all the time again to cache all the files from the beginning (so you need to check for removed files and remove data for them from cache as well

Also caching only occures while the DL window is visible, so background caching would be good to implement in order to speed things up

I am writting this up because it took me 10m to cache all my files and because i am not finding what i am searching for which is actually there...

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:23   #170
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Hey Joonas, I was wondering up to which directory level does the lybrary get data, cause i am searching for a file, just when i open winamp and dl, and it cannot findit although it is there. the file is in the 3rd level.. (e:\first\second\third\file.mp3)

BUT when i go through the tree to the third level it still does not find the file until i scroll down to the file and allow dl to scan it for tags and staff

Right-click the searchbar and you can set what to search on. You should set it to 'Search filename' or 'Search filename & path' if not all files are scanned... (or even better: 'Search all')

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:25   #171
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:

I would guess you have set DL to search for tags or something? Because search for filename and/or path should always work no matter if file has tags or not.

Quote:
Nope. Search for id3-tags of course only works if tags are actually read, either by the cache or if you scroll through the listview.

Quote:
ok but there is a draw back here as the cache will get oversized if audio files are being physically removed from the drive and clear cache isn't really helpfull if you have a large database of files
No that's not an issue because when DL scan directories to build the roots it will check the cache if the file has been previously read and also if the changed-date has been altered (hopefully a sign that the tags has been changed outside of DL). If the file specs seem identical it will assume the tags in the cache are okay and use those. Data in cache for files that aren't found on disc but in cache are discarded. So cache never holds files that isn't available on disc.

Quote:
Also caching only occures while the DL window is visible, so background caching would be good to implement in order to speed things up
I guess, you only need to make the cache once though..
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:26   #172
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabes Dad
Another feature reguest:

Ability to send a playlist and its files to a location. I know gen_yar already does this, but it would be a nice feature to integrate. Here is the c source code for the gen_yar plugin to help out a bit.

Perhaps when right-clicking on a playlist in the treeview there is menu item "Export Playlist . . ." that would bring up a dialog box with a send to location. Also an option at the bottom of the box to create a .m3u/.pls playlist file in the directory being exported to for the exported songs.

This would be great for supporting portable players with folder style navigation.

Thanks for the great work so far.
Copy file(s) doesn't do?
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:30   #173
Gabes Dad

Quote:
Copy file(s) doesn't do?
It does work, but the great thing about gen_yar is that it sends the playlist along or it can add a sequential number to the filename so that the order of the songs is maintained.

I like to create mixes that flow nicely and it is a lot easier to do on the pc than on the palm. Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:30   #174
TazDevil

k, thanks a lot

It would have been more obvious if there was a dropdoun menu next to search to revial that menu...

What about background caching and clearing removed items ?

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 22nd March 2005, 16:40   #175
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:

It would have been more obvious if there was a dropdoun menu next to search to revial that menu...
I think that menu will make it into preferences eventually..

Quote:
What about background caching and clearing removed items ? [/B]
Background caching will make the next release. And clearing removed items isn't necessary as explained above...
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:39   #176
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabes Dad
...that it sends the playlist along or it can add a sequential number to the filename so that the order of the songs is maintained.
You can set in preferences drag 'n drop to other window means; 'create playlist'
If you want the files to be copied also, you have to change preferences back to 'means: copy files' and drag and drop again.

Jonas: goto folder is still broken (same behaviour as before)
edit: would it be a good idea to ad a link to the DL website to your sigh? it's getting larger and larger anyway
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:44   #177
Gabes Dad

jojo, thanks for the tip. Would it be possible to add a drag 'n drop option that would copy files and create a playlist, so that what you mentioned could be done in one step?
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:47   #178
jojo 544
Major Dude

I also thought about that (a new drag 'n drop setting?), but for now the only way is to do it in two steps. Maybe Jonas has an idea?

*sigh (still) under construction*
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:55   #179
Gabes Dad

It would also be nice to have this new drag 'n drop setting available for movement between tree folders so that if I create a root in DL for the directory on my portable device, I can drag 'n drop this way in addition to dragging to an explorer window.
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:14   #180
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
Jonas: goto folder is still broken (same behaviour as before)
That's not possible! You must be lying!

[edit]
Seriously...does it not work? I rewrote all that code and it worked so good for me...
[/edit]

[edit2]
God damn...I can make it f**k up too now...I soooo feel like dropping Search mode!
[/edit2]

Last edited by Joonas; 22nd March 2005 at 20:38.
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:53   #181
TazDevil

Hey Joonas, I asked this before, but got no answer,

So is there any possible way to confugure searching (and that is for non english characters) greek actually.

in writting it is very simple
To build a table with certain characters that are translated as other (in both ways, in search bar and db)
So a customisable table to translate the different types of [a,e,y,i] all vouels in greek that MAY take an accent and are NOT found in search unless they are searched as written in tags or filenames

If that could be incorporated i'am willing to throu Media Library to the trash...

I mean this is only going to be requested by very few people using other languages than english but it would be very appreciated

If could not incorporated in this plugin, would it be possible to build me a separate plugin ???
(i am too a beginner programmer, and in theory it is easy, but i do not have the technical competency to do it my self)

Old 22nd March 2005, 20:28   #182
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Hey Joonas, I asked this before, but got no answer,

So is there any possible way to confugure searching (and that is for non english characters) greek actually.

in writting it is very simple
To build a table with certain characters that are translated as other (in both ways, in search bar and db)
So a customisable table to translate the different types of [a,e,y,i] all vouels in greek that MAY take an accent and are NOT found in search unless they are searched as written in tags or filenames

If that could be incorporated i'am willing to throu Media Library to the trash...

I mean this is only going to be requested by very few people using other languages than english but it would be very appreciated

If could not incorporated in this plugin, would it be possible to build me a separate plugin ???
(i am too a beginner programmer, and in theory it is easy, but i do not have the technical competency to do it my self)
I guess it isn't that hard to write...more difficulty to determine where to put it...at the very least I can make you a seperate plugin eventually...if you don't have any good idea how to implement it visually?
Old 22nd March 2005, 20:41   #183
TazDevil

Well i don't have a clue how to implement it (cause it has to do with how your db operates),
i can only provide you the table of which characters to translate as others...

You could insert a new tab in preferences for [non english searching] lets say and have a listbox there containing the basic character and next to it all it;s variants some of them have 2 or more variants,

so whether i put the original character or the one with accent to find all possible items (with and without accents)

Old 22nd March 2005, 20:42   #184
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
Also in search mode the icons in the treeview are an easy indicator to see if the file is a playlist or not.
If you could find a workaround that first one i could live without the second, but i'm not sure other people can...
It's the same icons here like in Browse mode though so I don't really see the difference...I am really feeling like dropping Search mode
Old 22nd March 2005, 20:43   #185
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
[B]Well i don't have a clue how to implement it (cause it has to do with how your db operates),
i can only provide you the table of which characters to translate as others...
I meant visually...not sure I actually want a whole tab for something with such limited use...(for anyone not Greek that is...that's why I meant I could write a specific version for you...cause the actual underlying functionality is quite easy to implement...
Old 22nd March 2005, 20:56   #186
TazDevil

Well you confused me now (what you mean by visual ?) well it will save you time if you incorporate it once and not build an extra version for me each time there is an update !!!

PS.. This is not only for GReek as many other languages have special characters, like french, polish, german, etc, but i don;t really know to which extent they use them in names etc.

Old 22nd March 2005, 21:02   #187
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Well you confused me now (what you mean by visual ?) well it will save you time if you incorporate it once and not build an extra version for me each time there is an update !!!

PS.. This is not only for GReek as many other languages have special characters, like french, polish, german, etc, but i don;t really know to which extent they use them in names etc.
(visual = what you see )

We'll see then. If the French guys request it and so on...it will be implemented along the road in that case. Not priority right now though...
Old 22nd March 2005, 21:08   #188
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
You could insert a new tab in preferences for [non english searching] lets say and have a listbox there containing the basic character and next to it all it;s variants some of them have 2 or more variants, so whether i put the original character or the one with accent to find all possible items (with and without accents)
Sounds like something for a Dynamic library plugin
I don't know what joonas is up to but he mentioned something about plugins suport for 1.1

Jonas, as for droping search mode, i won't kill you !
(tho you called me a liar )
The super root is working great so....
Any other opinions?

Edit:When set to enqueue after current, double-clik in listview makes winamp crash
Old 22nd March 2005, 21:11   #189
TazDevil

Well i am in desperate need of it...

USE
the string writen in search bar to be transformed to the basic characters lets say, and also all the data in your cache or whatever... so we get all entries using the basic characters

no other visual changes

CONFIG
as i told you above, listbox with basic chars and their alternatives

Old 22nd March 2005, 21:17   #190
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Well i am in desperate need of it...

USE
the string writen in search bar to be transformed to the basic characters lets say, and also all the data in your cache or whatever... so we get all entries using the basic characters

no other visual changes

CONFIG
as i told you above, listbox with basic chars and their alternatives
Yes, right now I am ripping Search mode out of DL so this will have to wait a day or two at least...

jojo: I am just a bit upset with Search mode Didn't mean anything bad with it...I am working on a little thing now...you'll see
Old 22nd March 2005, 21:24   #191
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
I am working on a little thing now...you'll see
You always have these pleasant surprises !
...Bug: see the edit in my previous post
Old 22nd March 2005, 22:26   #192
Dick65

Quote:
Joonas
I am really feeling like dropping Search mode
Burn that sucker - I won't cry.
Old 22nd March 2005, 23:34   #193
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 10
* Auto-refresh bug fixed. Caused Winamp to crash when super-root was used.
* Background reading - If set to read tags automatically DL will no longer stop reading tags if the window is closed or not visible on Winamp start. It will also not stop reading if you select read all tags in this folder and close the window.
* If the tree is large and the folder you wish to drag to isn't visible the tree will now scroll up and down when you drag the mouse at the top or bottom of the treeview.
* Scanning and Loading added to language file under Windows, 17 & 18
* Backspace now steps one folder up in the tree.
* Enqueue after current bug is fixed.
* Search mode is dropped. No whining will bring it back It was flawed and it wasn't very useful when Super-root was finally implemented.

Trashing Search mode probably introduced new bugs. So treat this beta as unstable and don't use it with important files you can't replace...but do test it please and report what is broken

Also the language file is pretty much wasted...someone wants to pick out those preferences messages and window messages not in use anymore? I will do it eventually though..
Old 23rd March 2005, 00:44   #194
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
request. this idea is great if you burn mp3 cds

is it possible to get the total file size for the files in a playlist. right now, you can see total file time which is great for making music cd playlists. but it would be great if you we could see sum file size for playlist/folder.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 09:11   #195
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
request. this idea is great if you burn mp3 cds

is it possible to get the total file size for the files in a playlist. right now, you can see total file time which is great for making music cd playlists. but it would be great if you we could see sum file size for playlist/folder.
Would be good yes...problem is that there is no good way to get file size really in Windows. It's easy for the roots, cause the parser that finds all the files gets filesize by default. But to get the file size of the files in a playlist it would require to open each file to read the size of the file...I guess I could but it's not something I would prefer...

[edit]
Forget that! Will fix it now.
[/edit]

[edit2]
Beta 10.1

* More bug fixes for Search mode disappearance.
* Total file size displayed at the bottom.
* Language file updated.
[/edit2]

Last edited by Joonas; 23rd March 2005 at 10:35.
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:06   #196
mrym

back space short cut key is useful but
it should be disabled when search bar is focused, otherwise i can't use back space in search bar.

file size indicator is useful as well.

is there any way to get rid of duplicate file from the super-root view , like search mode's (it's gone though...) " files and playlist that originate ..." option is disabled.
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:09   #197
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
back space short cut key is useful but
it should be disabled when search bar is focused, otherwise i can't use back space in search bar.

Something for next release yes... *blush*

Quote:
is there any way to get rid of duplicate file from the super-root view , like search mode's (it's gone though...) " files and playlist that originate ..." option is disabled.
Also something to consider for next release.

10.2 is uploaded though
Playcount is introduced.
Language file is NOT up-to-date.

Late for other things now...*run*
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:45   #198
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
crash on startup of winamp:
ModName: gen_dl.dll
Offset: 0000bdab

it happens every time.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:55   #199
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
crash on startup of winamp:
ModName: gen_dl.dll
Offset: 0000bdab

it happens every time.
Oh? Try 10.4 with mrym's bugs fixed.
Also collapse/expand all shouldn't bug as much anymore.

If it still doesn't work try deleting gen_dl.ini

[edit]
10.4 reposted. Uncomplete upload...
[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 23rd March 2005 at 14:47.
Old 23rd March 2005, 15:06   #200
mrym

orginate from playlists option is working fine.

as for the back space thing, search bar is okey, but it steps two folders up...

have you dropped move tree view option?
i never use that option though...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development