Old 15th February 2011, 18:05   #81
neep8

Hi sorry for the delay, i have just tried ver 0.19 it rocks, now everything is good when i open my eyes. I cant wait for exclusive mode.
Thank you for your work.
Old 16th February 2011, 00:34   #82
getraf

Thanks for continuing to work on this. v.19 is working so far.
getraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 13:06   #83
neep8

Sorry I'am a tube, i had ran it with direct sound, slaps face
version 0.19 does not make the spectral work properly its rather random, Milkdrop only idles.
The version you did for kerimcem the visualizations did work.
here is my log playing a flac

Input stream:
16 bit PCM encoding in 2.0 (Stereo) setup. 44100Hz rate
MAIKO buffer: 0 samples (0 µs) with up to 0 µs latency

Output stream:
32 bit float PCM encoding in 2.0 (Stereo) setup. 44100Hz rate
WASAPI client buffer: 21504 samples (487620 µs)
WASAPI client latency: 11610 µs
WASAPI scheduling period (latency): 10158 µs

Plugin latency reported to Winamp: 34 ms
Peak output loudness detected: -0.000530 db

Many thanks
Old 16th February 2011, 15:42   #84
SilverBird775

Interesting..

Your setup is bypassing almost any processing within plugin so there should not be any problems.

What is left is the odd numbers, every bit is unusual to me. Though i don't really care about numbers if they work.

The problem could be:
1) Odd WASAPI client buffer which cause some align problems and involve huge latency penalties in wasapi or input plugin.
2) Wrong latency computed for bypass mode. I can't rule this out.

Please make sure you set the default buffer size - 0. It should align the buffer nicely. If it does not work for you then play a bit with buffer size, reduce it to 320 ms or alike.

Let me know if the buffer tweaks does not help. Also watch for buffer animation, when it's steady pulsating in safe zone (>70% filled) you are good.
SilverBird775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 19:53   #85
SilverBird775

Oh well... I have finally nailed it. Sort of. There is a one misleading behaviour in winamp core. The genuine output plugins reporting the buffer size instead of supposed latency, it's ridiculous and wrong! Because i can't believe it would be EVER fixed i had to made a switch, so you can choose either actual, genuinely incorrect "latency" which is optimized for build-in visualization or correct formula which is recommended by winamp developers themself (LOL) and works best for timing critical applications like video playback or precise visualizations. Blame not me blame winamp team for misleading, i'm already lost too much time tracking on this issue.

The switch change will work on the next track. Something works better when enabled and something when disabled. Usually the difference is so much striking you can easily learn what is better for whatever usage pretty fast. The choice is hard so it's up to you now. Either behaviour is correct they just doing different things! Remember the build-in visualizations doing things wrong and relying on wrong behaviour (switch is enabled).
Old 21st February 2011, 23:36   #86
kerimcem

thanks silver..
kerimcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:01   #87
neep8

Thanks this seems to work nicely, will test more tomorrow.
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:07   #88
SilverBird775

Unlocked the Exclusive mode switch . Make sure to restart the player after changing a switch! Seriously. It does not change instantly yet, you need to restart the player after changing a switch.

This exclusive mode follows the shared mode format, more advanced options and forced format bypass options would follow later. For testing stress purposes the data always goes through internal mixer now. Yes, it completely bypassing the windows mixer in exclusive mode so do not expect winamp's volume control to work, ever - it's not a bug.

Have fun!
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:42   #89
kerimcem

nput stream:
MAIKO buffer/latency: 3791 samples (85964 µs)

Output stream:
32 bit float PCM encoding in 2.0 (Stereo) setup. 48000Hz rate
WASAPI client buffer: 23040 samples (480000 µs)
WASAPI client latency: 10666 µs
WASAPI scheduling period (latency): 10000 µs

Shared mode renderer

Plugin latency reported to Winamp: 480 ms
Peak output loudness detected: 0,828686 db - OVERLOAD

e.m dont work (you should not ever see this)erorr
+
48khz track dont work.(shared mode)
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:06   #90
Synthet1k

I haven't posted on these forums in probably 10yrs but I've been using your output plugin for awhile now, and want to say thanks for your continued effort on it.

I tried the new version and also cannot get exclusive mode to work. It gives the same error that kerimcem described (You should not ever see this). I tried many times to get it to work, many restarts of winamp but no dice.
Synthet1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:25   #91
SilverBird775

First check the box then close the winamp completely. There should not be float PCM encoding in the output but some format without "float" mentioned. I'm enforcing 24 bit by default. If your device does not support 24 bit, then well.. you have to wait another version with more options enabled.

Also, go to the windows mixer device properties then go to Advanced tab

[V] Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
[V] Give exclusive mode appplications priority

It would not work until they those checkboxes are checked on, at least first one is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
48khz track dont work.(shared mode)
Yes, i broke it while optimized.. seems fixed, Please redownload.

Edit 1: With a help of Task Manager make sure the winamp does not hanged up with invisible window after error report. The chance the plugin/winamp does not clean up properly is very thin but still.

Last edited by SilverBird775; 2nd March 2011 at 20:51. Reason: Another note
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:16   #92
kerimcem

thanks silver 48 khz work.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:39   #93
SilverBird775

[2011 03 03][v 0.22]
* Quick fix, now making a series of trials for best available bit depth.
* No more need to shutdown winamp. Just make sure you stop the playback!
(That is an old known issue, for shared mode as well)
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:55   #94
kerimcem

thanks..
Input stream:

Output stream:
16 bit PCM encoding in 2.0 (Stereo) setup. 48000Hz rate
WASAPI client buffer: 23040 samples (480000 µs)
WASAPI client latency: 20000 µs
WASAPI scheduling period (latency): 10000 µs

Exclusive mode renderer
Data route: Maiko mixer

Peak output loudness detected: 0,756584 db - OVERLOAD

winamp volume bar dont work
winamp seek bar problem
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:11   #95
SilverBird775

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
winamp volume bar dont work
winamp seek bar problem
The volume bar will never work for exclusive mode, that is not a bug and it's a very good thing actually. Thats is what you should expect from exclusive mode, i'm already warned about it. If you don't like it then use shared mode. The shared mode is especially optimized for everything turned on and normally you should use it. I put a lot of thought to optimize the scenario when everything is turned on and works. When something turned off, it bypass. Thats your primary mode where absolutely everything work. The exclusive mode checkbox warned you to not be used unless you understand what it is doing. The exclusive mode is optimized for everything turned off. The later (locked yet) options will allow to disable the remains of internal mixer which would render you MORE and MORE trouble. But it would make the users of expansive usb DAC's with external hardware volume controls MORE and MORE happy, that's exactly what they need.

The point you should understand the exclusive mode is not for volume or any other software controls. The exclusive mode is not better then shared. It's just different for different use. Other applications are muted, volume controls does not work - that is what making exclusive mode so perfect for a limited number of tasks for some people. Not for all. Yet I do not need exclusive mode personally. The people keep asking me kindly, so i do it.

Use the shared mode, i take it serious and optimize what i can.

Okay, the seek bar..
For a seek bar i could not say what the problem is, perhaps you would like to provide more details when it happens and what you are doing for this to happen.
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:51   #96
kerimcem

I will use shared mode.Thank you for your reply.
Old 4th March 2011, 02:27   #97
ryerman
Major Dude

"Maiko detected changed device property"

The title (above) is a message that appears when I use ver. 22.
1. What does it mean?
2. Does it require any action by me?
3. How do I prevent it from appearing? (assuming it is unimportant)

Jim

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 12:27   #98
SilverBird775

1) The message above saying you had changed something in vista mixer control panel. I left it enabled by occasion sorry. The message above explains whats happened with mixer control panel, not a bug.

2) No actions require. This plugin is still beta, it may throw some informational messages which could help to solve some of bug reports.

3) Being not a bug, it cannot be prevented yet. The plugin is always in touch with device by design. Though you can avoid changing the device properties (Dont't touch anything but hardware volume controls) when winamp is loaded. Again it's not a bug.

Will recompile the plugin when back home to turn this message off, thank you for report.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:25   #99
ryerman
Major Dude

Thanks for the quick and informative reply.
By the way, the plugin shows buffering at >95%. I don't know what that implies but I thought it might be valuable for you to know.

Jim

Old 4th March 2011, 15:52   #100
SilverBird775

Buffer bar visualizate in realtime the completeness of the working buffer. It's rather small, about half a second by default. The directsound plugin default is two seconds.
The device drains it in realtime, sucking data out of it. The input plugins pushing the data packs into it. Input plugin pushing big data packs at polling time but device sucking out data by tiny fractions at very high speed realtime. So it looks like heartbeat, push then quick rolloff. You cannot stop this quick rolloff so you keep pushing new data. Thats how almost any software player work. Once you stop pushing new data the buffer will drains off completely and would stop making any sound.

Less the buffer size, more tough requirements to the plugins are. More then 95% comleteness means perfect streaming, no hick ups. You can expect it would be smooth from 80% already. Speaking technically, it would absorb about 400 microseconds of extra heavy load or survive the lockup of the same duration before it glitch.

The standard DirectSound plugin have realtime buffer visualization too, it looks like a cursor running on the line and the other cursor trying to catch up to the first one. Less the gap the more resistant playback is to the hick ups.
Old 5th March 2011, 00:26   #101
SilverBird775

ryerman

Disabled this message, please re-download.

Nothing else changed, if anyone else finds himself uneasy then you are welcome to download too.
Old 5th March 2011, 13:54   #102
audioamper

Thanks a lot for this excellent plug-in. Is there a chance you could add fade in/out options, as found in Winamp Directshow output? I believe it makes listening even more appealing.
audioamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 17:03   #103
SilverBird775

It somewhat.. unpleasant option to me. I prefer to output the sound as much the same as simple copy-through. Such i understand your habits but i would like to keep away from any remastering options. I'm considering only the tools of absolute necessity like resampler or channel fill or volume control. That does not mean i forbid you to use a fading plugin by stacking the chain of plugins.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:52   #104
kerimcem

v.23
At the end of track error=(you should not ever see this)sharedmode
Old 6th March 2011, 21:32   #105
SilverBird775

Confirm the problem for glitched WASAPI driver for Creative audio cards.

If some of the forumers have a similar problem as kerimcem have, please re-download.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:00   #106
ryerman
Major Dude

error messages with v0.23.1

What can I do to prevent whatever is causing these messages and is stopping Winamp from playing?
They occur together (one after the other) and Winamp stops playing.

Thanks,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error messages, v0.23.1.jpg
Views:	1727
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	48613  

Old 7th March 2011, 23:06   #107
SilverBird775

Does it happened on shared mode or exclusive mode?

It say the build-in gapless playback feature detected the WASAPI driver playback stuck, stalled. So far i learned the Creative cards suffering from this. This disaster GREATLY complicate things on gapless transition which is super timing sensitive. The winamp design does not really help to gapless playback either..

When it happens first close the window which is saying about reset. It will correctly finish the playback. Then close the message saying it can't open again till it close. The driver problem ruined the gapless playback, done. Bumping up the buffer size will greatly decrease the chances for this to happen because it would give a wider safe window for gapless to jump new file.

Working on another workaround. It would not be easy, the gapless playback is already workaround over workarounds.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:22   #108
audioamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBird775 View Post
It somewhat.. unpleasant option to me. I prefer to output the sound as much the same as simple copy-through. Such i understand your habits but i would like to keep away from any remastering options. I'm considering only the tools of absolute necessity like resampler or channel fill or volume control. That does not mean i forbid you to use a fading plugin by stacking the chain of plugins.
Thanks for replying. If inserting an option for a minimal fade out/in when pausing/stopping/starting playback brings a quality reduction, I will have to agree it's best not to do it. No matter how much I dislike the abrupt interruption when pausing/stopping a track.
audioamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 15:26   #109
kerimcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
What can I do to prevent whatever is causing these messages and is stopping Winamp from playing?
They occur together (one after the other) and Winamp stops playing.

Thanks,
Jim
yes sometimes shared mode.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:33   #110
SilverBird775

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioamper View Post
Thanks for replying. If inserting an option for a minimal fade out/in when pausing/stopping/starting playback brings a quality reduction, I will have to agree it's best not to do it. No matter how much I dislike the abrupt interruption when pausing/stopping a track.
It will brings the additional latency and complexity, something i don't wont to see. Fade and crossfade is not the output plugin job, really.

---

Gapless stress test
This is a specially tweaked build which emulates the always worst case gapless. For stress test choose some tiny wave (1 sec) and play it in loop mode so the plugin would be always in gapless transition. If there is a problem it would pop up something quick. Make some tea, watch some news, if there is no errors then your problem have been already fixed.
Please report your results.
Old 8th March 2011, 17:35   #111
kerimcem

Input stream:

Output stream:
32 bit float PCM encoding in 2.0 (Stereo) setup. 48000Hz rate
Client buffer: 23040 samples (480000 µs)
Client latency: 10666 µs
Mixer scheduling period (latency): 10000 µs
Minimum device period (latency): 3000 µs

Shared mode renderer

Peak output loudness detected: 3,184386 db - OVERLOAD

error(sometimes)
1.open failed stop
2.false lockup detection...............
thanks.
Old 8th March 2011, 18:57   #112
SilverBird775

Ouch.. you have false positive.

Re-download and try again.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:38   #113
kerimcem

I'm trying to
s.mode=no problem
e.mode=getuptime.screwed up clocks error closes winamp
thanks.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:55   #114
SilverBird775

How you got this message? It seems impossible to me..

Is it happened on seeking file? Or repeating tiny file? When it happened?
Old 8th March 2011, 20:10   #115
kerimcem

Quote:
How you got this message? It seems impossible to me..

Is it happened on seeking file? Or repeating tiny file? When it happened?
both
Old 9th March 2011, 20:45   #116
ryerman
Major Dude

re: error messages with v0.23.1

Quote:
Gapless stress test...

...Please report your results.
I always use shared mode. My sound is produced on the Motherboard (Intel D946GZIS) and I do not have a separate sound card.

I continued to use v0.23.1 but changed the buffer size from auto to 4000 ms. Error messages still occurred. I restarted playback one time by closing the error message windows as you instructed. When the error messages appeared again I had to use the Winamp controls to restart playback because closing the error messages had no effect.

Then I installed the Gapless stress test version (v0.23.2.special_2). I did not run a "stress test" because the attached error messages appeared very soon after the first track was played!

Attached are the error messages and the configuration window.

Also, while I was experimenting with versions and buffer sizes, there were abnormalities with the Windows Sidebar. I can't say 100% that had anything to do with your plugin but I will keep my eyes open if I start using it again. For now I'm using the Nullsoft DirectSound plugin.

Thank you for your time. Good luck with your efforts to refine the plugin.
I'll probably try it again in the future.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error message v0.23.2.special_2.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	48618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mailo WASAPI configuration-v0.23.2.special_2.JPG
Views:	3575
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	48619  

Old 10th March 2011, 03:09   #117
sullysnet

thank you for continuing to work on this plug-in seems when you find something that is nice it has a short life. I am also looking forward to your mpeg plug-in to pair with this one

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 10:03   #118
SilverBird775

Okay, thank you for test, ryerman. Unfortunately the test rules become more advanced sinse 0.23.1 Would be interesting to know the gapless test results on latest build.

supressing the timing error report, another Exclusive mode issue - it still there for some drivers. It may give you not quite sane time display. But first there is a gapless playback problem with some drivers and it needs to be addressed. The more data i will collect the sooner the workaround would be found.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:11   #119
kerimcem

file not found. thanks.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:21   #120
SilverBird775

Mistyped.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development