DrO

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 01:23   #82
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Updated:
  • The debug logging mode options have been "enhanced" but the naming of it (internally) has changed so you will need to update your config backups. Don't worry, none of the custom debug settings themselves have changed.
  • Apparently an error of some kind was preventing backup restores with certain configs (before this update) and I didn't notice 'till now. The update has inexplicably corrected the error of unknown origin (no really, I haven't a clue where it came from! But thankfully it's now gone through no fault of my own )

Enjoy!

thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 14:35   #83
primal51

Send a message via ICQ to primal51 Send a message via AIM to primal51 Send a message via Yahoo to primal51
When I click on the link for this tool I receive HTTP 404 error. Has the link changed?
primal51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 14:37   #84
DrO

just tried the scb.html redirect and the direct link (http://bogproghome.hopto.org/config_...g_builder.html) and they're both working.

-daz
Old 21st January 2011, 14:53   #85
thinktink
Forum King

I just checked my server logs. The last 404s logged were from [16/Jan/2011:13:28:46 -0800]. Try clearing your browser cache and then restarting your browser.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:42   #86
primal51

Send a message via ICQ to primal51 Send a message via AIM to primal51 Send a message via Yahoo to primal51
Ok sorry, must be an issue with my work router. I tried on an external network and it seems fine. Sorry to bother you, I'll test this tool and provide feedback.
primal51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 16:36   #87
thinktink
Forum King

Update:
  • Very small internal additions to help prevent excessive updates
  • Added 'Max Listeners' for per-endpoint configs (hurray DrO!!!!!! )
  • Added Web Client Debug config

@DrO: I will be PMing the updated archive to you shortly...

Last edited by thinktink; 21st January 2011 at 16:58. Reason: spelling
Old 21st January 2011, 16:48   #88
DrO

i knew i'd forgotten to do something before the b13 drop, heh (got it now and will possibly roll out a new drop in a week or so depending on any major issues with the new drop so this update can be in it). then again there's likely to be some sc_trans related changes in the works

-daz
Old 21st January 2011, 16:55   #89
thinktink
Forum King

As always I will continue to keep my eyes glued to the forums...
Old 26th January 2011, 15:33   #90
thinktink
Forum King

Updated:
  • Included DrO's mod of the config builder that includes settings for the DNAS admin pages theme.

Old 29th January 2011, 18:30   #91
thinktink
Forum King

I've made a 2 part YouTube video playlist demoing the config builder.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=9CEE865782729DD0
Old 1st February 2011, 19:26   #92
daverogers

BP config builder

I cant seem to restore any of the xml to the config builder nothing happens.
daverogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 19:48   #93
thinktink
Forum King

Which browser are you using?
Old 1st February 2011, 20:08   #94
daverogers

Hi Think mate,

Im on FF but I forgot to mention that I am only trying to restore the calendar not the whole config is this possible? Resaon being if I get one thing to add to the calendar I would have to rewrite loads just to add 1 item
daverogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 20:10   #95
DrO

if there's only one thing to add, wouldn't it be simpler to just do it manually - i mean if you've got a working config via things anyway, amending it to have another option shouldn't be too hard to do from there (or am i just being naive in thinking people would do that?).

-daz
Old 1st February 2011, 20:13   #96
thinktink
Forum King

No, just reload the entire config_builder_settings.txt backup file, just add to the calendar as appropriate, resave the backup, then just redownload the calendar file (and the sc_trans config file if you added/changed DJs or Playlists.)

[EDIT /]
You can most certainly do as DrO suggests but if you're not comfortable editing the file(s) manually yourself then you can still use the config builder to change the settings.

Or you can try to get the Ajax API UI working and do it through there but you'll still need to edit the settings files if you disabled config output writing on exit to make the changes permanent.

Last edited by thinktink; 1st February 2011 at 20:21. Reason: Post DrO Pre-Post touch-ups and additional thoughts
Old 10th July 2011, 18:33   #97
thinktink
Forum King

I have updated the config_builder on my site with the latest release done by DrO that came with the July 7, 2011 update of the Transcoder.
Old 8th September 2011, 01:42   #98
radiorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
WHAMMO!

thinktink's SHOUTcast2 config builder

YouTube Video Walkthrough

Done with all client-side JavaScript so no information gets passed to the server. Compatible with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. You need to enable JavaScript though.

I will continue to tweak it but at least potential SHOUTcasters will have an easier framework with which to build on but it does work straight up with both SC2/YP2 and legacy SC/YP1.

Feedback, whether positive or negative, is welcome.

The New shoutcast 2 SUCKS, my station is down, your Shoutcast 2 config builder is NOT easy.

The old version I had up and running in 2 minutes, with V2 my station has been down for 2 hours... oh yeah... I was wondering why my station could not be found on shoutcast.com, those dead heads could have said something.

THIS SUCKS!
radiorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 02:26   #99
DrO

so 2 posts, both complaining about things instead of actually providing information so people can help you - nice way to start things.

if you had a working v1 setup, you just needed to point the v2 DNAS at the old config file, follow http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management and you're then sorted i.e. you've managed to over-complicate things by yourself based on the (lack of) information you've provided.

btw, this thread is about the config builder and not the v2 platform + tools as you appear to have a grievance about (so it will most likely be moved). if you really want then you can go back to the v1 DNAS but you get no support for that now.

-daz
Old 8th September 2011, 02:45   #100
radiorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
so 2 posts, both complaining about things instead of actually providing information so people can help you - nice way to start things.

if you had a working v1 setup, you just needed to point the v2 DNAS at the old config file, follow http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management and you're then sorted i.e. you've managed to over-complicate things by yourself based on the (lack of) information you've provided.

btw, this thread is about the config builder and not the v2 platform + tools as you appear to have a grievance about (so it will most likely be moved). if you really want then you can go back to the v1 DNAS but you get no support for that now.

-daz
and, tell the boys and girls that SHOUTcast will not show your station in there station listing with V1 !.!.!.!

I am going to try and go back to V1, cus V2 is a JOKE...

It has NOW crashed my radio server twice, piece of SH**

Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 02:49   #101
radiorack

Quote:

-daz
HERE IS INFO:

First it says that it needs FLASH 10, I have reinstalled flash sooo many times I HAVE FLASH 50

Then his post says "get more info on my site" his site is DOWN, I guess his site runs on V2

it's a dumb web page that does not load right and has script errors all over it, sooo here I am STILL TYING TO GET MY STATION BACK UP

Thanks for ...................
Old 8th September 2011, 02:51   #102
radiorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal51 View Post
ok sorry, must be an issue with my work router. I tried on an external network and it seems fine. Sorry to bother you, i'll test this tool and provide feedback.
really . ! . !
Old 8th September 2011, 02:55   #103
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
dude, you need to relax. i simulcast a real FM and use these tools and these guys help me ALL the time. i've lost my active simulcast several times due to upgrades, but i come here and explain the issue rationally and they fix it. if being "up" is important, test the "new" stuff in the proper test environment, not your active one.

honestly, if you were them, would you really want to help you? the way you approach these guys SUCKS.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 10:50   #104
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiorack View Post
and, tell the boys and girls that SHOUTcast will not show your station in there station listing with V1 !.!.!.!
no where has that ever been said. v1 and v2 will work with the YP listing as long as the correct method of registration is done for that version. both will and will keep be allowed to be listed in the Directory but as seems to be the case from your posts, you've just not followed the instructions for how to do it for a v2 setup.

Quote:
It has NOW crashed my radio server twice, piece of SH**Thanks
you know what, if you station is so important, why replace it for a new platform without properly doing a test setup and validating things before just replacing it? replacing a working production system without testing is nigh on showing incompetency.

Quote:
Then his post says "get more info on my site" his site is DOWN, I guess his site runs on V2
oh and it's down as it was a privately hosted option by a fellow SHOUTcast user and broadcaster and since they've had to move due to employment issues, the online version (which is how the config builder works properly since it's limited if run locally due to browser permission issues i.e. to combat browser users being stupid), it isn't up until it's re-hosted. just keep things in perspective that people are loosing jobs and little stations aren't that important in the scheme of things.

i wish you luck in fixing your station (on whatever platform you choose), but i'm not going to even attempt to help you now (especially now i've read the vitriol of all of the posts you've made).

-daz
Old 5th May 2012, 03:03   #105
thinktink
Forum King

I have updated the playlist for the YouTube videos with a new video demoing the latest version of the Config Builder in basic mode.

Hopefully more to come.

My personal site is still down due to no job yet. I've had around 4 face-to-face job interviews since March of last year all of them unfruitful. Seems to me unless you're "bi-lingual", you're no good to anybody in Southern California.
Old 27th July 2012, 21:28   #106
thinktink
Forum King

I've re-posted the config builder to a free host. The old links to "bogproghome.hopto.org" should redirect to the new site "bogproghome.host-ed.me"
Old 7th August 2012, 11:14   #107
DrO

i've attached 2 screenshots of something i'm working on (DNAS log output and web view) to alleviate the whole need for having to remotely host the config builder as am looking to make the DNAS do the ground work (and probably implement the same thing in the Transcoder at a later date) so it will save the files without the need for changing security levels in browsers or having to properly host it all (or so the aim is).

so as far as things 'officially' go, i'm not looking to have the config builder in the manner it has been (and potentially some aspects will be dropped so it is more v2-centric (*) ) and instead just doing sc_serv builder or running the bat / sh file to run it (as the setup mode will similarly be done) instead of having to go through the hassle that has been before.

hopefully it doesn't step on any toes but i'm getting a bit fed up of having to answer the same questions about the config builder not "doing as it's meant to" (so i can spend more time on coding than support which is good for everyone ).

(*) - there's nothing stopping self-hosting of the existing instance but am trying to ensure that things are right for the v2 tools over the legacy DNAS, etc.

-daz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wip.png
Views:	152
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	49825   Click image for larger version

Name:	console_wip.png
Views:	134
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	49826  
Old 8th August 2012, 00:30   #108
DrO

have just had a chance to work on this a bit more and now have the means to save the files with a prompt for where to save (using the name in the config builder as applicable) without the need for the flash-based downloader like the existing implementation - so running locally and being able to save now works (so one step closer to alleviating feedback complaints, yay).

-daz
Old 8th August 2012, 03:10   #109
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
cool, sounds like it will be neat.

thinktink, post a link to your resume. i don't have a job for you, but i can pass it around.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 14:29   #110
thinktink
Forum King

Looks good, although I don't know if I'm fond of the idea of separating the builder functions between DNAS and Transcoder. However, I definitely like the idea of the DNAS "hosting" a builder mode. That makes a ton of sense and is probably very much worth it over my concerns of splitting the builder functions.

Old 8th August 2012, 14:31   #111
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
cool, sounds like it will be neat.

thinktink, post a link to your resume. i don't have a job for you, but i can pass it around.
I'll need to review my current resume to make sure it doesn't contain anything that could be used for identity theft purposes first. Need some time.

[EDIT/]
Resume
Old 8th August 2012, 15:01   #112
DrO

Quote:
Looks good, although I don't know if I'm fond of the idea of separating the builder functions between DNAS and Transcoder.
i'm not splitting them up, when i mentioned the Transcoder i meant doing the same mode as the DNAS does so it's possible for people not using the v2 DNAS (why wouldn't they? ) from being compromised in being able to setup the Transcoder.

so the aim is to do like is already the case with DNAS and Transcoder shipping with the same config builder, but it would change to be the self-hosted option as the DNAS will get first. i probably should have better explained that in my earlier post.

-daz
Old 8th August 2012, 15:19   #113
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
i'm not splitting them up, when i mentioned the Transcoder i meant doing the same mode as the DNAS does so it's possible for people not using the v2 DNAS (why wouldn't they? ) from being compromised in being able to setup the Transcoder.

so the aim is to do like is already the case with DNAS and Transcoder shipping with the same config builder, but it would change to be the self-hosted option as the DNAS will get first. i probably should have better explained that in my earlier post.

-daz
Ah ha! I somehow knew I was misinterpreting your post. Now I know how.

[EDIT/]
P.S.

I've recently noticed that on smaller screens the current incarnation of the config builder configuration input table will go so far beyond the bottom of the screen that when I scroll down to see the last configuration options it scrolls the helper text completely out of view. Would it be possible to get the table to resize so that it stays entirely within the viewport of the screen so that one only need to scroll the contents of the table and not the entire page itself to get at all the options?
Old 8th August 2012, 15:40   #114
DrO

Quote:
I've recently noticed that on smaller screens the current incarnation of the config builder configuration input table will go so far beyond the bottom of the screen that when I scroll down to see the last configuration options it scrolls the helper text completely out of view. Would it be possible to get the table to resize so that it stays entirely within the viewport of the screen so that one only need to scroll the contents of the table and not the entire page itself to get at all the options?
i've already been having a think about such things as altering the layout into a 3 column setup means the size / layout of things need to change and having the middle part to hopefully scroll independent of the left and right columns is what i'm aiming towards (which i think is what you're wanting).

-daz
Old 8th August 2012, 15:51   #115
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
i've already been having a think about such things as altering the layout into a 3 column setup means the size / layout of things need to change and having the middle part to hopefully scroll independent of the left and right columns is what i'm aiming towards (which i think is what you're wanting).

-daz
If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, that sounds like it would work.
Old 20th August 2012, 13:44   #116
DrO

here's what i've finally managed to get working nicely in all browsers (grumble)... which is what i've interpreted as what you've thought and what i've thought about (is still a bit a of a w.i.p. so bits on the left will probably change).

-daz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wip.png
Views:	128
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	49844  
Old 20th August 2012, 15:03   #117
thinktink
Forum King

Looks a bit cleaner. Can you send a test copy my way?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
config, sc2, yp2