Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 29th January 2004, 06:01   #41
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
I wonder where he gets his bandwidth...

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 07:07   #42
Rafael2127

Send a message via AIM to Rafael2127
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris @ RCN
Okay.. I just started "Project:Solid"

"Project:Solid" is my journal and account of this service. You can read it at www.9412.com/projectsolid

I'll be updating this regularly so you will be able to track how my test of this service is and use my experience for your reference.

Hope this of help to all...

Thanks,
Chris
I like this Chris, everyone will know how good they are and everyone will thank me at the end of you journal, just post the link of the Radio here and will listen all day long

Thank you
Rafael2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 11:11   #43
jwhalen
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jwhalen
Rafael:

ALREADY you deserve thanks for pointing us in the direction of this provider and allowing us to maturely discuss a possible GREAT DEAL!

Hopefully this stream provider will recognize that you have just bumped their user base up a few dozen notches! (you should remind them)

Chris: I have signed up and am still waiting on my PayPal invoice...

jwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 14:11   #44
SkaFreak

Send a message via AIM to SkaFreak
Yeah so I am just gonna write a quick journal/review thing right now about my experiences so far. I go to the site and everything thing looks good. I wonder why don't they ask you in the form what bandwidth you want? Most shoutcast servers do that. Oh well. I sign up anyways paying with paypal. They send me three links in an email. Invoices for Paypal, one for 24k, 96k, & 128k. Where's 56k??? thats the one that I wanted and they didn't have it on there. So I email back, whats going on? they send the link out right away. So i pay. Then i sit and wait for my server. I get it! they send me an email with an ip and a port. UMM wheres the password?? I need a password! I sent an email back about it 7 hours ago, and still haven't recieved anything back. Now I am just waiting. So far I don't like it. It's very unprofesional. They should really a bandwidth spot on the form (its not that hard to do). then just send out the one invoice. and then make sure they ive you a password so you can actually logon to the friggin thing!
I'll let you know if I ever get my password.

TO BE CONTINUED

Ska Rules!!!
SkaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 14:20   #45
MotherEarth

Send a message via ICQ to MotherEarth Send a message via AIM to MotherEarth Send a message via Yahoo to MotherEarth
Ska, we already have ours set up and running, and so far, so good.

Keep track of our experiences using the page Chris provided.

MotherEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 14:27   #46
SkaFreak

for some reason that page wont load for me, oh well

Ska Rules!!!
Old 29th January 2004, 14:29   #47
MotherEarth

Send a message via ICQ to MotherEarth Send a message via AIM to MotherEarth Send a message via Yahoo to MotherEarth
Try again: http://www.9412.com/projectsolid
Old 29th January 2004, 14:30   #48
SkaFreak

nope, says the connection was refused to http://www.9412.com Which is really wierd because your main site will load for me, just not that page

EDIT: Ok it just loaded out of nowhere.

Ska Rules!!!
Old 29th January 2004, 15:40   #49
jwhalen
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jwhalen
Quote:
Originally posted by jwhalen
Rafael:

ALREADY you deserve thanks for pointing us in the direction of this provider and allowing us to maturely discuss a possible GREAT DEAL!

Hopefully this stream provider will recognize that you have just bumped their user base up a few dozen notches! (you should remind them)

STILL no response or paypal invoice.

what the heck

jwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 16:00   #50
MotherEarth

Quote:
Originally posted by SkaFreak
nope, says the connection was refused to http://www.9412.com Which is really wierd because your main site will load for me, just not that page

EDIT: Ok it just loaded out of nowhere.
LOL

Musta been your ISP having "issues". Not surprising, with all this worm traffic clogging up the works.
Old 29th January 2004, 16:17   #51
Rafael2127

Sharing with everyone something good and real

Chis @ RCN as you describe in your website the servers are solid rock, that's how the server will be during peak hours the only thing I can tell you is that if it wasn't for them I wont be the #93 in shoutcast ttsl

http://www.shoutcast.com/ttsl.html
#93 81,813 140,425 47,065 ORS RADIO: Latino Con Los Mejores Exitos - The Best Latin Hits!

I know that when you finish with your journal you will thank me for sharing this with you and everyone here in the shoutcast community, before I found Solid-Gaming for me it was a journey searching around for the lowest price ( and I still doing that )
When I started streaming in the year 2000 I was paying 0.70 cents per slot at 24kbps the company name was www.internetradio.nu I thought that this was cheap at that time well I was a newbe like everyone that comes here and ask so many questions in the forums, after searching I found another companies that just lasted a few months and they were gone , the one that I kept for a while was bean-net they were cheaper than internetradio.nu, I was only paying only 0.50cents per slot at 24kbps after 2 years I stop broadcasting for 3 moths, after a short rest I came back, I started broadcasting again but this time I searched Deeper for a lower price per slot well I had to spend a lot of money trying to find the one that was for real giving me what I wanted In my journey I found some of this companies listed here

www.fast-serv.net I got a free shoutcast server but still expensive after 5 days trial I never had a server with them but there servers were good too
audio=counsolting.org This guys where charging 0.45 cents per slot at 24kbps I liked but didn't last long the left everyone with no answers
www.pyroshells.com I tried this company but didn't work that well for me, here you only pay 0.50cents per slot at 128kbps I think they may use a virtual server shared server or something because after 10 listeners at 128kbps buffers a lot so warning don't go there I spent my money there already
http://www.stream-wrc.com/ I tried this one too with little luck but didn't last long the prices where 500 slot at 128kbps for 100 Euros around $130 well I think they had to go because they had trouble keeping there servers free of buffer

And there were other providers but they only lasted days with me I spent money trying to find a real company that was telling the truth till I found http://www.solid-gaming.net/ they really do what they say they can do, so far I had no problems with them I didn't post here before because I was afraid that they were like the other companies that I had but after 6 moths with them I wanted to let everyone know about solid-gaming, because I know there are broadcasters like me that love music but don't want to spend to much money buying slots because most of us here don't get money back from our radios we do it because we love music that's all,
Some people still paying 0.50 cents or more at 24kbps per slot maybe more, $3.00 at 128kbps maybe because they don't have the time to do some research or they just lazy :-) or have to much money, well they better start searching like me and start saving money think about it if you are paying $3.00 per slot at 128kbps now you can have 3 slots for that price see, same with 24kbps, I usually come here to the forum every 2 days to see what's new with the shoutcast forums I know a lot of guys here but they don't know me because I usually don't leave messages in the forum, but I'm always here, I remember when FesterHead and KXRM, became a moderators I voted for FasterHead, when tom said No more Advertising and a lot of other good things that happens here in the shoutcast community
but always reading the forums for something new, most of the time I will post in the international forum only if someone needs help in Spanish

Please share with us what provider you have maybe is cheaper than my provider,

Quote:
Originally posted by jwhalen
Rafael:

I will remind them about this , one of the guys already thank me, but I'm here because the other broadcaster need to know about them and the prices that they have,

Thank you and I hope everyone here enjoys this service like me free of trouble good luck to everyone
Old 29th January 2004, 19:21   #52
Chris @ RCN

Updated Project:Solid at www.9412.com/projectsolid

Chris @ RCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 19:48   #53
SkaFreak

Hey Chris
I love reading what you write about. I would like to reply to the whole marketing scheme.
Of course you don't have to believe me and you could still think maybe now he is saying this to cover it up or something but it wasnt a way of getting around it.
I in fact am waiting on a server of my own that I will be getting for free. The server however won't be ready for another month or two so i was looking for a cheap server out there that I could use until then. So I in fact was looking for those specific things and we just happened to get a good that out of it. I'm still not even close to convinced that it's a good deal yet cause after 12 hours I still havent recieved my password.

Does anyone know of any other way then email to contact someone from that place? They apparently don't want to respond to my emails.

Ska Rules!!!
Old 29th January 2004, 20:03   #54
Chris @ RCN

Ska,

Sean Sheppard at solid-gaming.net's email is sean@Solid-gaming.net and you might want to try contacting them. The gist I got from his email last night was that they are not automated yet but are in the process of going to that type of setup. They could be very busy right now given the low prices they are charging and the attention this thread has gotten.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 29th January 2004, 20:07   #55
Chris @ RCN

About the marketing I speak of in Project:Solid at www.9412.com/projectsolid

I wrote what I did as an observation of what happened. I am not accusing anyone or any company of any wrong doing. What I was saying is that it's interestingly cool how the information came about Solid-Gaming.net and even said that it could be just a coincidence.

So, I am not pointing fingers, emailing Fester to complain or anything like that.. Just one man making an observation about the way events occured and a possible reason - but not the only possible one.

Old 29th January 2004, 20:17   #56
FesterHead
Alumni

I'm having troubles resolving 9412.com, Chris.

You guys doing DNS work?

FesterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 20:29   #57
Chris @ RCN

Quote:
Well my network got hosed last night partially due to the heavy traffic caused by the latest virus outbreak.

A customer of mine's machine apparently got infected and then proceeded to flood my network to the hilt.

Its been resolved.
That's from my web host about last night. This could be happening again. I've noticed all sorts of weirdness on the Net the last few days. I'm trying to determine why I am getting "Invalid TCP Flags" in my firwall intrusion detector from two of my host providers (solid-gaming is NOT one of these) from the IP and Port 9412 streams to.

Old 29th January 2004, 21:10   #58
Vchat20
Major Dude

damn. thats dirt cheap alright. for $11.50 a month, i can get myself a very decent 10 slots a peice of highband and lowband. theyre gonna have another customer knocking on their door soon.
Vchat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 21:29   #59
DJ Killer
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to DJ Killer Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Killer
this is why we dont use windows to host servers people... man i wanna slap every single host using windows -shudders-

hehe

I Make. Perform. Mix. Play. Music.
DJ Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2004, 21:30   #60
SkaFreak

Do we have bad customer service on our hands? Possibly.

Ok so I finally figured out what my password was. I am an idiot and forgot that I set a password when I signed up. Thats the same password.

So I got my server working. It's up and running. So I now want to link to it from my site. First I try the link iport/listen.pls. Connection Refused error pops up. So I go and AIM one of the people who work there. They try the link for themselves and it doesnt work for them either. So they tell me to hold on. Then a couple minutes later they sign off with no solution.

So I go to shoutcast.com and search for my station. I find it a click the listen link and it comes up in musicmatch and the IP it shows is different from the one I am broadcasting from. It's playing the music though, so hopefully it will continue to.

I don't like the server so far but not the customer service!

Ska Rules!!!
Old 29th January 2004, 21:43   #61
Chris @ RCN

Thanks Ska!

Have added your post to Project:Solid along with emails from David St. John and Alan Maylin.

SIDE NOTE: Should I be time-stamping these updates in Project:solid for easier readability?

Old 30th January 2004, 03:03   #62
Rafael2127

Chris @ RCN
Is there a way that I could post a reply in your journal I would love to do that.
Old 30th January 2004, 03:24   #63
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
I'm still waiting for the first complaint. These prices seem too good to be true, but if so . ..

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2004, 03:37   #64
Rafael2127

MegaRock
After the server is up and running, there will be no complaints about buffering or any other problems, the 6 months that I been with solid-gaming.net the only email I sent to them was to order more slots, thats all
The Ip that I have is solid rock, and I hope they stay that way.
Old 30th January 2004, 03:38   #65
Vchat20
Major Dude

man. i must say. from what you guys have been saying this is definitely a too-good-to-be-true deal. this is awesome!
Old 30th January 2004, 03:55   #66
Rafael2127

Vchat20 I think I remember you from Jaysworld-com are you still waiting for the Free shoutcast? they keep saying next week for the last 10 months, well you should move on like me I did some research and found www.solid-gaming.net
Old 30th January 2004, 03:57   #67
Vchat20
Major Dude

yeah. ive been waiting for that for a while now. their website hosting is aweseom, but their shoutcast hosting is a joke. so far i think i am going to go with solid gaming. have to wait till i get some extra $$$ first.
Old 30th January 2004, 04:25   #68
rgATL
Major Dude

Hey, I'm still "waiting" on Jaysworld. If one day I get an email that says "ok, now we'll relay your streams for free"...what do I have to lose?

rg. ;-)
rgATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2004, 04:59   #69
Rafael2127

I gave up on jaysworld long time ago, I don't think there is free shoutcast servers at 128kbps maybe at 24kbps.
Old 30th January 2004, 14:34   #70
Chris @ RCN

Rafael2127 -

Send any comments about Project:Solid to chris@9412.com

I won't be allowing anyone to post directly there but me, but have included emails from others in Project:Solid.

www.9412.com/projectsolid

Thanks,
Chris

Old 30th January 2004, 20:38   #71
MegaRock
Forum King

Quote:
but their shoutcast hosting is a joke
I'll tell you who's a freaking joke - internetradio.nu.

After some issues with the stream provider I had been using (since worked out) I purchased slots via Bean-Net and Internetradio.nu.

Bean-Net has been rock solid, no bufering and no issues. Major kudos to them.

Internetradio.nu was up and down daily. They reported it was a bad switch and replaced it. Then, that switch sppeared to be not working as well. Since then they have been down for two solid days, refuse to communicate with anyone via e-mail or their website and no one answers the phone numbers on their site. They have obviously developed problems and don't want to tell anyone what is going on.

So, I cancelled my subscription with the today but I'm paid through the end of the month. If they credit me for the downtime I may consider giving them one more try, but these are the same reasons I left them early last year and it seems they still operate their business in the same fashion as in the past - if there is a problem they just hide.

Crap, if you ask me we need a site to rate ALL the stream hosting providers and a place for people to post their horror stories in dealing with these companies.

And if indeed this company you guys are talking about is for real and lasts longer than a month, they could get a boatload of my business. I'll wait and see what happens with the current load.

Tune In Now!
Old 31st January 2004, 00:20   #72
DJ Killer
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to DJ Killer Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Killer
still sounds sketch.

Even if in all sincerity they have the capacity, they wont for long. Bandwidth should be a commodity as cogent says, but of course, i get charged $1,750 for a local loop for 20 miles because of bellsouth... my god... $1750 for a T-1 Local loop, and the T-1 mind you was only $299 a month. Just goes to show u how telco's are

I Make. Perform. Mix. Play. Music.
DJ Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2004, 00:24   #73
DJ AmPs
Major Dude

What Dave St John said is quite interesting.
DJ AmPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2004, 00:48   #74
MegaRock
Forum King

Same here. I'd love to see this be for real, but it will not shock me to see it not last. Time will tell and the best of luck to them anyway.

Tune In Now!
Old 31st January 2004, 01:25   #75
MegaRock
Forum King

Hey, anyone else know anything about fdcservers.net. Their website is showing dedicated UNMETERED boxes for $149.00 a month.

Something's gotta be wrong at that price.

http://www.fdcservers.net/dedicated.html

If I get unmetered for $149 ... we'll let's just say I could do some major damage.

Tune In Now!
Old 31st January 2004, 01:33   #76
Rafael2127

Yes but you only get a 10Mbit unmetered connection thats all,
if it was 100Mbit then you could damage something
Old 31st January 2004, 03:31   #77
Chris @ RCN

We have a box at FDC... trust me - it's not UNLIMITED... we have 100 56k's and use the box for other stuff for our station that's not public. we tried to push 128's and 56's and 24's thru it and it got bad...

It's not how much you can put thru the pipe, its also how big the pipe is...

Old 31st January 2004, 03:54   #78
MegaRock
Forum King

Excellent points. I can't figure out what kind of pipe they are running, been trying to figure out.

I did decide to try a server at this sub company of The Planet. So far, I'm pretty freaking impressed as once the order processed they had the server up and ready in about 4 hours - I got the activation e-mail at 9:00 in the evening on a Friday. Techs 24/7 and true so far.

I'll give their bandwidth a good old fasioned test on Monday.

Tune In Now!
Old 31st January 2004, 05:25   #79
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
Server Matrix?

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2004, 07:45   #80
MegaRock
Forum King

Yep, that's the ones. Price was cheap enough I figured I'd give them a go and because my old host just has too many issues they don't want to admit they have.

Tune In Now!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions