Old 15th June 2006, 03:38   #41
HoWnDaWg

Is there any way you can link me to that php script?
HoWnDaWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 10:44   #42
Little Frog

Are you sure you typed all info correct in the config.php?

Mine works well http://pull.zapto.org/broadcast/radioplayer/
Little Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 19:55   #43
streamfinder

Very Cool! Thanks for sharing - I will check it out this weekend.

HAPPY STREAMING!

---------------------------------------------------

StreamFinder.com - Add your radio station to our free directory - get more exposure and listeners
streamfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 19:06   #44
HoWnDaWg

here is my config.php:

code:
<?
$scip = "68.146.119.163"; // IP adress
$scport = "8000"; // Port
$scpass = "******"; // SHOUTcast Password
?>

Also, the new link to my new playe is www.team-os.com/or
Old 17th June 2006, 21:53   #45
Little Frog

perhaps you accidently changed something in the script, send it over and I'll se if I can see anything wrong with it.
Old 17th June 2006, 22:24   #46
metroid87706

How do you make this work? I have all the files. How do I make a link to make it popup? I need help.
metroid87706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 23:48   #47
HoWnDaWg

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Frog
perhaps you accidently changed something in the script, send it over and I'll se if I can see anything wrong with it.
I just reuploaded the script with origional files, and it still doesnt work.

is there something in the PHP that needs to be enabeld on my server, because i cant run a certain php varible or whatever on my server. for example a teamspeak viewer doesmt work on my server.

Maybe thats the reason?
Old 17th June 2006, 23:51   #48
HoWnDaWg

Yeah that was the problem..

I installed it on another host, and it works fine.
Old 18th June 2006, 00:32   #49
HoWnDaWg

Well, now the title doesnt change...
lol

it just stays on one song..
Old 18th June 2006, 02:17   #50
Sphix

Very nice
Sphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2006, 15:18   #51
Little Frog

allow_call_time_pass_reference has to be on in the php.ini file. That all I can come up with if the some server settings makes it not work.

Hm, it does change for ya, I visited http://www.team-os.com/or/ it seems to work just fine.
Old 18th June 2006, 15:20   #52
Little Frog

metroid87706:

just open index.php there's a link with a popup javascipt. just click it and it should popup in the right sizes.
Old 26th June 2006, 03:10   #53
ahamilton9

Send a message via AIM to ahamilton9 Send a message via Yahoo to ahamilton9
Yeah, I just got the player working on my site, http://whnlradio.co.nr/ but it doesnt update the title. I read the whole thread but I don't see anyway to fix this. It IS a pop-up player not in an iFram so I'm not really sure. We broadcast on and off though so you may not see anything anyway, sorry. If anyone can help but needs it on PM me and ill try to get a hold of you so I can broadcast something to test it. Thanks.
ahamilton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2006, 15:38   #54
rebelfm

Error in player

Hi, I'm using the player to my website http://www.rebelfm.gr where it says Live in the left menu, although it plays i got an error
Óôáèìüò: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request Server: Rex/10.0.0.3802 Cache-Control: no-cache Pragma: no-cache Pragma: client-id=3632028995 HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request Server: Rex/10.0.0.3802
where it should be saying the station and the kbs??
Does anyone know what is this?
Thank you
rebelfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 19:02   #55
kaptnjack

Send a message via AIM to kaptnjack
thanks for all the tips and info.

I got a little player up at www.katrockradio.com

I used a java popup widow to launch the ebedded player, this allows the use of a seperate window that can be designed with logo art and other station promos and kinda give the player a unique/proprietary feel that ties in to the website.

Thanks for all the help.
kaptnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 00:30   #56
rebelfm

Cool...
rebelfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 06:10   #57
taichi_kamiya

Hey everybody! Please I need help.

I want to configure a web site address for the shoutcast and this be the host. I dont want to put a IP addres How I can do that?
taichi_kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 06:37   #58
bosky

There is one tool in the sourceforge.net which seach through your content directory and create the .pls file
you need a servlet container for this tool

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...x.zip?download
bosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 06:59   #59
trialsboytom

Ok I am really confused, I have downloaded the radio player and put it in dreamweaver but there is nothing there only red crosses??

Also where do you type in my server details so that when you click play it plays my broadcast??

Thanks TOm
trialsboytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 15:15   #60
trialsboytom

Ok, i have abit more knoledge now of whats happening but do you upload all of the files to your site and then when you click the link it comes up with it?

What site maker do people use?

Thanks TOm
trialsboytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 12:39   #61
PiczoGame

Winamp Rocks

I Edited This Because i Resolved my Proplem

Last edited by PiczoGame; 21st July 2006 at 13:00.
PiczoGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 12:52   #62
kaptnjack

Send a message via AIM to kaptnjack
I have discovered that the player I am using (like the one described here) requires an element within windows media player 9 or above to function properly.

without wmp9 installed ...the recipient pc will popup the player but it will only display a "ready" mode.

hope this helps
kaptnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 22:07   #63
DDance

Send a message via AIM to DDance Send a message via Yahoo to DDance
Hmmm, a decent webplayer in flash would be nice
DDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 20:10   #64
ujay
Forum King

I've been looking at this sort of thing myself recently, http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=252528
Here are a couple of things that were tripping me up.

"It can switch between real player and wmp mode, however the real player version doesnt work with Firefox (and Netscape, i think)."

Are you using the webcasterU code by any chance? At the very least you will need to add the 'src' parameter to the EMBED section.

With WMP there are two ActiveX controls available and you will need to take care if you mix the parameters from both. The value types that you use in the EMBED section may work with boolean true/false but some require 0/1 (or -1) instead.

"Embedded players will not read the shoutcast stream title information. this normal i'm afriad."

Shoutcast title support is available through the Real player component if you use any of the following values in the 'Controls' parameter (make a CSV list)

InfoPanel
InfoVolumePanel
TACCtrl

e.g. Controls="ControlPanel,InfoPanel,StatusBar" (no spaces)

or you can just use

Controls="All"

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:18   #65
mach3t3

Send a message via AIM to mach3t3 Send a message via Yahoo to mach3t3
really sorry to post such silly questions, but i just cant work it out,
is it correct that i place all of the codes from each of the .php on the page that i want the player to pop-up from? if so, in what order do i place them, could you possibly show me a code example of what i would put into my page?
again, sorry to waste your time, im new to .php and need the player so that firefox users can tune in without streaming in winamp, due to the windows created media player not showing on their browser.
(do i also need to upload the individual php files to my website?)aaagh!
mach3t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 21:58   #66
OryNider

Send a message via MSN to OryNider Send a message via Yahoo to OryNider Send a message via Skype™ to OryNider
Hi,

I am working on the mx version of this player for mxBB-portal.

I posted this on www.mx-system.com:

MOD Title: mx_shotcast

MOD Description:
This is the shotcast version of mx_radio. The player can play one stream brotcasted by a shotcast server that can be configured in AdminCP (host, port and password). The embed's are hidden in iframes with autostarts, so the pricipal is very simple. It also uses an ajax script to update the song title. Users most have instaled the latest media player (Windows Media Player 10+) or Real One Player, but Real player version doesnt not work with Firefox and Netscape.

MOD Version: 1.0

Designed for: mxBB-portal 2.8.x

Author: Niklas Pull and OryNider

Test Site: http://mxBB.lx.ro/

Mx_ShotCast Front ScreenShot:

Mx_ShotCast AdminCP ScreenShot:

Mx_ShotCast Radio Player ScreenShot:

OryNider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 21:39   #67
franco7777

pls and m3u

There is one more thing.
From a website (Apache, Php and MySql), you can set up a playlist file of the type pls or m3u for a single or group of mp3 songs. Windows will only let you download the playlist file!
You can even copy and paste the playlist and put it anywhere you want within the website and it will work.
Emmbedded Windows media players can handle Radio Streams as long as your computer has Winamp installed on it. This has been my experience.
regards
Franco

P.S. The real thing is: As of today, there is absolutely nothing, that can stop an experienced user to download any song!!!!!.
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 22:13   #68
OryNider

Send a message via MSN to OryNider Send a message via Yahoo to OryNider Send a message via Skype™ to OryNider
Re: pls and m3u

Quote:
Originally posted by franco7777
Emmbedded Windows media players can handle Radio Streams as long as your computer has Winamp installed on it. This has been my experience.
mx_radio player is using the .dll or .ocx files and the codecs from Media Player 6.4 (Win9x) or Windows Media Player (Win Xp) to play the radio stream, has nothing to do with winamp. The script is ato detecting what media player you have instaled.

mx_shotcast player is using Windows Media Player 10+ files and codecs or Real Player (Real One Player) codec to play the stream. If the provided password is correct the player will get some infos from the server. I implemented a special moreinfo window when you click on the microfon icon:

MoreInfo:
Old 18th September 2006, 01:00   #69
franco7777

Re: Re: pls and m3u

Quote:
Originally posted by OryNider
[B]mx_radio player is using the .dll or .ocx files and the codecs from Media Player 6.4 (Win9x) or Windows Media Player (Win Xp) to play the radio stream, has nothing to do with winamp. The script is ato detecting what media player you have installed
When you click on an icon to listen to a Radio player, you click on a link to a .pls file. I thought that only Winamp could recognize what that file is for.
Are you saying that Windows Media Player, via its codec and .dll files, can read and interpret .pls files?
If that is the case, can you give a more detailed explanation, please?
How would you explain the fact that at another computer that did not have Winamp but did have Windows Media Player, I could not get the Radio to start?
Regards
Franco
Old 18th September 2006, 02:49   #70
hackerdork
Forum King

There are detection script out there that look for WMP, real player, quicktime, flash, or winamp, then depending on the web site that can play their media with one of those players or prefer to play it was any of the above.

Windows media player can play shoutcast , you just drop listen.pls out of the URL! file open URL, http://hostort/ and it will work, however to make life easier for LAZY people or NOOBS you would use an embedded player, or provide a link for an ASX file that contains the same URL format.

Embedded players still require that the person the visits your site has that player installed. If you provided a real media embedded player and the visitor only has winamp or windows media player they wont be too happy to have to install another player.

Use GOOGLE to look for scripts or visit some of the websites out there that have embedded players and exampled. A great place for this is www.streamsolutions.co.uk under EMBEDDED, you can use their online tool and create the HTML code that can be placed on most web sites and it will provide a player (media player) embedded inside a web page.

happy reading...

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 05:18   #71
franco7777

pls m3u

Hackerdork:
Thank you very much for your answer.
Sometimes, in order to get knowledge or truth from others, it is necessary to push them a little so that what they know can come out.
There is no doubt in my mind that learning is a never ending process.
Regards.
Franco
P.S. Sometimes we forget that between the players and the scripts there is this very important program = The Operating System.
Old 19th September 2006, 20:07   #72
FraggleRADIO

Little Frog,

This is a really great player! i tested it and it worked perfectly..

What i was wondering is, is there any way to pass the scport and scip to the player through a link.

We're looking at broadcasting quite a few different channels at once, like live365 do. Only, i think that making 30 copies of the player is not really the best way to do this..

I passed the variables to the player by using
PHP Code:
radioplayer.php?lang=&z=wmp&scip=ourip&scport=ourport 
Sure enough, it gets the station name okay! But it won't play when i've done this. Also, when i change modes from WMP to REAL it loses the station name and still doesn't play anything..

Any ideas my friend?

Thanks

Davey
FraggleRADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2006, 18:18   #73
OryNider

If you read the song name from admin.cgi and not from 7.html you need the password allso.

If you are using the mx an more advanced mx_shotcast module can be made to read the settings (ip, port, pass)from every shotcast front block settings and they can be separate for every block you have (not from adminCP how is now but from blockCP). In this way you can have more stations on the same site using same php module files for all blocks but difrent .xml cache files. You can requests this feature on mx-system site.
Old 3rd October 2006, 04:34   #74
DJ Aladdin

Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Aladdin
Ok I have a challenging one.
I currently have a script on my web page that automatically pops up with an embedded player in a non resizeable window.
So in other words the player pops up and plays the stream using wmp when you enter the webpage.
Now i really like the player that you guys are using here!
I would like to use this one but having this player pop up automatically as well.
Here is the script i am using.
How would i modify this? Or would it be best to just add the link on my page as you guys are doing already?

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=320,height=235');");
}
// End -->
</script>

<!-- Popup Window opens automatically -->

<BODY onLoad="javascriptopUp('gumbo_soul_radio_player.html')">

"play for yourself from your heart & soul and they will follow"
DJ Aladdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:41   #75
OryNider

code:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=320,h
eight=235');");
}
// End -->
</script>

<!-- Popup Window opens automatically -->

<BODY onLoad="javascript:PopUP('radioplayer.php')">

But 1st configure and upload the files.
Old 3rd October 2006, 23:20   #76
DJ Aladdin

Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Aladdin
Thanks for thie help.

Now I have gotten a little lost in going back & forth in this topic...Now is it correct or uncorrect that this player will not show the current song and the radio station name in the player??
Do i have to rename my html page to php in order to show stream titles?

And if possible is there a javascript that i can use to display song titles on my web site or in this player?

"play for yourself from your heart & soul and they will follow"
DJ Aladdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 08:26   #77
Troy_Spiral

Not working in firefox is, nowadays like "it doesnt work on windows computers" fire fox is, if not already, becoming the domniate browser. At least it is for my users.
Troy_Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 08:28   #78
Troy_Spiral

I wonder how that MySpace embeded player works.

Seems to work for virtually everyone. Wish i had THAT code heh.
Old 4th October 2006, 15:02   #79
Troy_Spiral

Isnt there a sort of "standard" embeded player somewhere that is supported by a communtiy of devlopers? Seems like something that would have mass popular support.
Old 5th October 2006, 15:38   #80
Wavestreaming
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Wavestreaming Send a message via Yahoo to Wavestreaming
Looks good - its people like this who really do justice to the online radio community
Wavestreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions