Old 3rd November 2006, 17:47   #41
nomadrush

Hmmm

Hi Spaceplay

I agree with the point you are making, but at the end of the day whether its a little or a lot, someone HAS to pay, that's the very reason these agencies exist to collect what is owed to their members, and whether we like it or not, most of us want to remain on the right side of the law. After all if you were a musician/singer/songwriter, your view of this matter would be very different I am sure.

It's not going to be easy - but that's the challenge for us really isn't it! If WE can set the rules before the rulemakers try to enforce one upon us, then we win and they don't!

Ross
nomadrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 20:15   #42
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

i take it you are not talking to either
buma/stemra or sena at the moment??
Dutch broadcasters have to pay to them
as well as the agencies in Belgium , Germany, France, Spain , Norway, Sweden, Finland, Danmark, Poland, Hungary, Italy, etc etc etc etc etc etc

if you only talk to US and UK agencies it's NOT world wide.

I like a challange as much as the next man but i live in a real world were i pay each month to the dutch agencies and i don't see it comming that i can fork over only 15 dollars a month and am homefree

ps. besides being a DJ , running 2 stations i am also making my own music , being a program director for a real AM station so I know quite a lot about this topic.
I work both sides of the fence and trust me if i say that I don't won't to burst the bubble you created , but it's all very unlikely to happen within my time that i have left on this planet

it's more likely that world peace might become real than your idea.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 22:17   #43
WebRadioWorld

Send a message via Yahoo to WebRadioWorld
I hate to say this spaceplay but again you are thinking too local, you think you owe the agencies set up in your countries.

YOU DONT, you owe the record companies mainly the people listed here by the RIAA http://www.riaa.com/about/members/default.asp

Those are the people to whom we own the money to. buma/stemra , Loud City, BMI PPL they all pay these guys, the just make money off us being the middle man.

ON another note one of these days all of us online broadcasters will get off our ass and we will realize that we need to work together and stop working against each other.

I have been in this business, very successfully I might add, since 1999 and I have to say many of you are cut throat SOBs not caring about anything but what goes in your pocket.

That’s a damn shame and shame on you, I don't need to mention names because you all know who you are.

There are people out here with stations working damn hard to stay on the right side of the law and your main concern is how much can I charge them for hosting or how much can I rape them for royalties.

When then industry pulls together one day we will get further in 1 year then we have in the last 8 years.

But that’s just my view and hey I am allowed it
WebRadioWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 08:55   #44
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by WebRadioWorld
I hate to say this spaceplay but again you are thinking too local, you think you owe the agencies set up in your countries.
If i think outside my country and DON'T pay the agencies in MY country
i end up in front of a judge that is giving me a FINE that I have to pay in the Netherlands.

No matter what record companies are involved or what are not

that is the reality i have to face everyday
now it's perfectly okay in my book to look over a border

but at the end of the day , there isn't anybody outside the Netherlands who gives a damn about me paying royalties or not.

Do you honestly think that a major record company in the USA gives a f*** about a small station like mine?????

but I wish you all the luck and won't stand in your way
it's natural to chase a dream.

i'd rather be awake and face what is real.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 4th November 2006, 10:26   #45
nomadrush

Spaceplay

Which part of "WORLWIDE LICENCE" don't you understand?

The UK licencing agency PPL have agreed a deal with the agencies in each country around the world including Holland, and the royalty payment they receive from us is divided and sent to each participating country, so you could NOT be sued by the Dutch licencing authority!!!

I'm really not sure how much clearer I can make this without sending diagrams! lol
Old 4th November 2006, 11:51   #46
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by nomadrush
Spaceplay

Which part of "WORLWIDE LICENCE" don't you understand?

that would mean each and every agency in the world has to agree with you
which means you have to talk to each of those agencies

and that mr CAPS WORLD WIDE isn't going to happen in a million years.

but by all means keep dreaming.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 4th November 2006, 11:57   #47
nomadrush

Brain transplant needed?

Spaceplay

Before getting all arrogant and throwing your dummy out of your pram - go back and read the previous postings!!!

It's is PPL have that have negotiated with all other similar licencing agencies around the world not us! They have all come together and agreed that a world licence is the easiest way forward for online stations.

But hey Spaceplay - you go pay your money to the Dutch agency direct and broadcast over there only, because to be honest, I don't think i'd want you as a customer anyway after the above comments! I'll let PPL know that you are only licenced in Holland so that if they hear your station here in the UK they can take whatsoever action they may feel is necessary!
Old 4th November 2006, 11:59   #48
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

having read this thread, and having been party to negotiations with PPL and MCPS/PRS I am myself a little sceptical about a 'World Wide License' and not entirely for the reasons other people have given.

If you manage to get it off the ground good luck ( if not up and running already). My experience of the licensing agencies is that PPL is good and have pragmatic, but defined method, whereas MCPS/PRS are just a joke so perhaps this will help broadcasters get something they need and move the agency along into the right space.

although i have noticed that the http://www.webradioworld.com/ is erm kind of gone ... hopefully not out in the first round ?

BW

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 12:06   #49
nomadrush

MCPS/PRS

Womble

It is true to say that MCPS/PRS are some way behind PPL in getting the "world act" together but we are in advanced negotiations with them proposing a similar deal to that established with PPL.

As for the website, I just checked it and it was fine but i'll e-mail the webmaster just to make sure!

Ross
Old 4th November 2006, 12:13   #50
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

website looks more like a DNS issue as it is just giving a default 'domain maintenance' page here.

BW

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 12:32   #51
dotme

Re: Brain transplant needed?

Quote:
It's is PPL have that have negotiated with all other similar licencing agencies around the world not us! They have all come together and agreed that a world licence is the easiest way forward for online stations.
USA and Canada are conspicuously absent from the PPL list of "Participating Countries" - Why is that? If they really aren't included, that's a pretty big hole in a "Worldwide License"
Quote:
But hey Spaceplay - you go pay your money to the Dutch agency direct and broadcast over there only, because to be honest, I don't think i'd want you as a customer anyway after the above comments! I'll let PPL know that you are only licenced in Holland so that if they hear your station here in the UK they can take whatsoever action they may feel is necessary!
Wow. After the above thinly veiled threat against Spaceplay - again in an open forum - I think it's safe to say you won't have to worry about having him as a customer.

I don't understand why any company just starting out, who has admitted that they are still working on some areas of their agreements, would come on a forum frequented by station owners and issue threats against those already paying the agency in their jurisdiction royalties on 100% of their listener base. That doesn't seem to me to be a very good way to earn trust and revenue from webcasters.

My last question... and I think it's a fair question... If royalties are being paid on 100% of the listeners to whatever agency is responsible for collecting royalties in the country of jurisdiction for the station operator, and the artist/songwriter involved gets the money for ALL listeners who heard that work, please again explain to me why this is a problem for PPL?

/Begin rant

As you said earlier, we don't see PPL going after French stations that may bleed across the channel. So in fact, their previous business model has been to collect royalties from stations which operate on British soil. I don't understand why they now think they have the right to collect royalties from overseas stations - especially given that those stations (if legal) have already paid the artist for the performance to all listeners to their local reporting agency. Seems money-motivated, perhaps an attempt by PPL to make themselves more relevent - but at the end of the day, it just appears to be a scheme to double-charge. It smells like extortion - even though it may not be - and it just makes no sense. Tageting stations that already play by their local rules when so many don't pay royalties to anyone?

If the artist is getting paid, no matter which agency is collecting the royalties on behalf of the artist, the PPL should be pleased. That is, if they truly represent the interests of copyright holders.

/End of rant
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 12:38   #52
nomadrush

Dotme

I think I have already answered all your questions in previous postings and do not have the time or inclination to repeat what I have already said.

Ross
Old 4th November 2006, 13:07   #53
WebRadioWorld

WRWN DNS

Yes I am in the process up moving around the name servers to a redundent system which means it will be up and down over the next few hours. No it has not gone away LOL.

Now everyone play nice and figure out a way to work together.
Old 4th November 2006, 13:17   #54
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Re: Re: Brain transplant needed?

Quote:
Originally posted by dotme
USA and Canada are conspicuously absent from the PPL list of "Participating Countries" - Why is that? If they really aren't included, that's a pretty big hole in a "Worldwide License"

Wow. After the above thinly veiled threat against Spaceplay - again in an open forum - I think it's safe to say you won't have to worry about having him as a customer.

I don't understand why any company just starting out, who has admitted that they are still working on some areas of their agreements, would come on a forum frequented by station owners and issue threats against those already paying the agency in their jurisdiction royalties on 100% of their listener base. That doesn't seem to me to be a very good way to earn trust and revenue from webcasters.

My last question... and I think it's a fair question... If royalties are being paid on 100% of the listeners to whatever agency is responsible for collecting royalties in the country of jurisdiction for the station operator, and the artist/songwriter involved gets the money for ALL listeners who heard that work, please again explain to me why this is a problem for PPL?

/Begin rant

As you said earlier, we don't see PPL going after French stations that may bleed across the channel. So in fact, their previous business model has been to collect royalties from stations which operate on British soil. I don't understand why they now think they have the right to collect royalties from overseas stations - especially given that those stations (if legal) have already paid the artist for the performance to all listeners to their local reporting agency. Seems money-motivated, perhaps an attempt by PPL to make themselves more relevent - but at the end of the day, it just appears to be a scheme to double-charge. It smells like extortion - even though it may not be - and it just makes no sense. Tageting stations that already play by their local rules when so many don't pay royalties to anyone?

If the artist is getting paid, no matter which agency is collecting the royalties on behalf of the artist, the PPL should be pleased. That is, if they truly represent the interests of copyright holders.

/End of rant
come on dot me. Lay off the nonsense. Nobody has threatened anyone in here. nomadrush and wrw came here to set the record straight and to defend their posistion that was being attacked here first by nick@ss. There has been a little shit slinging on both sides here I will agree but this blanket statments like that are doing noone any good. I can understand why he would not want spaceplay as a customer and I don't see his comment as a threat but more of a hypothetical situation to force spaceplay to consider the legality of his broadcast outside of holland in order to prove a point.

Hardened winamp forum veterans here obviously feel threatned by the fact that there are companies out ther offering better prices than them and finding unconventional ways to license broadcasters.

Yall need to step off and quit being so jealous of the fact that some of you cannot offer what wrw is offering.

Thats just my opinion.

Yall don't know these guys like I do. They run a tight ship and know what they are doing. Not to mention they are trying hard and making sacrafices themselves to pull this all together.

Their vision is beyond being simple overprices streamhost and I think they deserve a little more respect than to be trashed and ridiculed just because most of you don't understand what they are trying to do or you feel threatned by the compeititon.

As mentioned before Loudcity and live365 have holes in their licensing as well. There is no absolute global coverage. So whether you go with loudcity or with wrw you still have voids in the world where your licensing may or may not be scrutinized. Personally after reviewing what both LC and wrw have to offer I personally think that wrw has a lot more going on and a lot more on the back burner than LC ever thought about.

not that i got anything against LC I once used them and found them to be fine folks and they treated me just fine.

But unlike wrw they do not offer affordable hosting and licensing all in one package . Therefore I find wrw a breath of fresh air and am willing to see past these primary stages of developing this world wide licensing offer.

So yall just need to step off and stop it with all the venemous jealous behavior.

it's very unbecoming.
sputnik radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 13:35   #55
Nick@ss

Actually i dont remember attacking anyone i was merely suggesting that you make sure you have your bases covered.

i am certainly not jelous and if you remember me saying i wasnt particularly that bothered about it.

i have just sat back with my hand in your popcorn while you wasnt looking.

New hosts are coming to the table all the time and i wish them well and dont fear as we have enough value added services not to worry about whos killing who on bandwidth prices...

i have enough to worry about without worrying what is and isnt going on in the winamp forums.

Quote:
Originally posted by nick@ss
to be honest im not suspect enough to contact them as i have no real interest my only concerns people may not be protected as well as they think they are,

im not casting slanderous dispersions but merely making sure you have all your angles covered if you are paying for a world wide license that not many have heard of before.

on the other hand i could be completely wrong and they may be 100% genuine but im not saying either way just be careful and make sure your not wasting cash.

a few emails checking stuff out is allways worth a go just to be sure.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 13:44   #56
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by nick@ss
Actually i dont remember attacking anyone i was merely suggesting that you make sure you have your bases covered.

i am certainly not jelous and if you remember me saying i wasnt particularly that bothered about it.

i have just sat back with my hand in your popcorn while you wasnt looking.

New hosts are coming to the table all the time and i wish them well and dont fear as we have enough value added services not to worry about whos killing who on bandwidth prices...

i have enough to worry about without worrying what is and isnt going on in the winamp forums.

Sorry nic@ss....I did not mean to imply that you where being venemous and attacking.

What i meant was that you where challenging thier posistion and they originally came to defend it and to enlighten and educate a lot of us here on what they are trying to do .

No disprespect intended to you or anyone for that matter. I just think we all need to lay aside our partialities and not look at this with such nepotism.

I personally have a vested intrest in wrw and im sure alot folks in here have a vested intrest in LC or L365. Either way we can all stand back and see that both sides here are offering a service. Whether it fits you is your personal matter but I see no need in us getting anymore divided than we need to be.

Remember it's US (the broadcasters) against THEM (the record comapanies and licensing authorities)..

Not us against each other.
Old 4th November 2006, 13:51   #57
Shang_Tsung
Banned

Did you say that shoutcast is unlegal service?
Shang_Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 13:54   #58
Nick@ss

Quote:
Originally posted by Shang_Tsung
this made me chuckle a lot

shoutcast is legal but what you play on it may not be,

you need a broadcasting licence to be legal if you are playing music with a copyright..
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 13:54   #59
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Shang_Tsung
No I don't think anyone said that.

It's like owning a gun. You can on a gun legally and use the gun legally . But you can also use it ilegally as well.

That is what this discussion is basically about. The legal use of shoutcast to broadcast.
Old 4th November 2006, 13:57   #60
Shang_Tsung
Banned

Well thats great nick@ss.
Thanks for more detail.
Shang_Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 14:39   #61
Dredd

Sputnik,

There are no holes (well Ross has a couple in his head) in our service. We don't have "worldwide coverage" because we don't need it. If and when the US decides to participate in such a worldwide event we'll be there. Until then it's business as is...just like all the other US broadcasters. We're not alone in this.

You're a US broadcaster yes? What WRW doesn't work for anyone in the US. If you broadcasting in the US you are obligated to pay record label royalties and composer royalties, as do broadcasters in much of the world. There is no way around it.

WRW never mentioned composer royalties. That’s a pretty big hole for a "worldwide license".

Unless you are prepared to work out a deal with every record label in your music collection, and every composer for each song.... bear in mind that some songs have 2,3 or 4 composers. Most stations have a few thousand tracks on hand. That’s an awful lot of letter writing record keeping. It is wise to work within the bounds of rights organizations. For the US it's SoundExchange, BMI, ASCAP and SESAC. If that’s too complicated for some US broadcasters then they can join one of three broadcasting communities (Live365, SWCast or LoudCity.). Hell…if your broadcast is big enough you even have a shot at merging into 1.fm, sky.fm or Digitally Imported. They pay all expenses for broadcasters that add value to their cause.

Rights organizations exist because it’s an enormous headache to coordinate with all the copyright owners. This is a system that WRW says they are going to swoop in and replace by going direct with the copyright owners? This is a system that has worked greatly to the advantage of many copyright holders for nearly 100 years in some area. By default aren’t they saying they are going to become a rights organization themselves?

All I know about WRW so far is they publicly called us a scam and an illegal entity. What do they know? That is false. Then they accuse us of being afraid of competition when we try to clarify. Afraid of WRW? I don’t think so. We have plenty of real competition to worry about. Try lala.com, last.fm. They are the next wave. Try live365.com and virtually any other broadcaster. In a way every online broadcaster is each other’s competition. Ross, pull your head out and get with it.

Interesting enough WRW says they are “negotiating” with the PPL and “negotiating” with the MCPS/PRS but are actively doing business. Negotiating is a world apart from holding a license.

Sorry, but Swiss cheese has fewer holes than WRW.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 15:11   #62
sputnik radio
Major Dude

hang on let me nuke some more popcorn.
Old 4th November 2006, 15:20   #63
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Dredd
Sputnik,

You're a US broadcaster yes? What WRW doesn't work for anyone in the US. If you broadcasting in the US you are obligated to pay record label royalties and composer royalties, as do broadcasters in much of the world. There is no way around it.

Well heres the thing. I don't know what I am. In my view of my station I am an international entertainment source. My stream servers are in germany , my webhosting servers are in chile I think. Most of my listeners are in eastern europe , russia and germany. I only have a handfull of US listners to be honest. I have dejays in europe and the us and even had one in canada but i havent heard from him in a while.

Thats the problem i had at LC is that it limited me and restricted me as an international entity. Under LC i had to let go of my over seas dejays.

I don't want to be identified or labled as a US broadcaster. My target audience is the world.
Old 4th November 2006, 16:36   #64
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

I made a call to the contact person we have at BUMA /STEMRA and i placed a call to another organistation SENA

both cover the legal things on internetstreaming in the Netherlands

and guess what ,
THEY NEVER HEARD ABOUT

Ross Hemsworth
UK Group Managing Director
Web Radio World Ltd

or
about a world wide lisence

NOBODY HAS MADE CONTACT WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM FOR THIS

this can only means that somebody is lying here, and it isn't me

Ross, do yourself and us a favour, get lost , stop lying and
don't come back unless you can prove what you are saying.

oh and

Quote:
because to be honest, I don't think i'd want you as a customer anyway after the above comments! I'll let PPL know that you are only licenced in Holland so that if they hear your station here in the UK they can take whatsoever action they may feel is necessary!
this really makes you look like a jackass
if i pay my royalties i can broadcast legally over the internet , anybody listening can do that free without any charge or any legal action againt him/ her
by paying my fees i am 100% legal WORLD WIDE

/ me turns away thinking that kids these days think that they are smart but ......
jeez what a retard.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST

Last edited by NJK; 4th November 2006 at 17:12.
Old 4th November 2006, 16:46   #65
sputnik radio
Major Dude

so can you prove you made a call to this whoever guy? and can you prove to us that what you are saying is true? And can you prove that this guy you called is even in the know of whats going on?
Old 4th November 2006, 17:00   #66
nomadrush

Tosh

Dredd

You are the only on here with any holes in his head - just by posting that you have shown yourself to be a complete idiot and i'm sure your customers will see through you for such a posting! What a coconut!

As for spaceplay - you just don't seem to be getting it do you! The Dutch agency would not know of me or Web Radio World because their deal ws done with PPL! How many more times do I have to say it before it sinks in?

Ah well. Perhaps they will all see when we launch our next package and announce the next generation of licence eh Dan? lol!

Watch this space"!

Ross
(Always one step ahead of the field!)
Old 4th November 2006, 17:17   #67
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

@ ross

last and final entry in this thread, because you turned out to be a jackass..

see post above

BOTH agencies in the Netherlands don't know shit about what you are posting here.
they haven't been contacted by anyone about this...........

and tell your doggy Sputnik that it's not me that has to prove anything here......

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 4th November 2006, 18:20   #68
nomadrush

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored now!
Old 4th November 2006, 18:22   #69
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Re: Tosh

Quote:
Dredd

You are the only on here with any holes in his head - just by posting that you have shown yourself to be a complete idiot and i'm sure your customers will see through you for such a posting! What a coconut!

As for spaceplay - you just don't seem to be getting it do you! The Dutch agency would not know of me or Web Radio World because their deal ws done with PPL! How many more times do I have to say it before it sinks in?

Ah well. Perhaps they will all see when we launch our next package and announce the next generation of licence eh Dan? lol!

Watch this space"!

Ross
(Always one step ahead of the field!)
watch out now.

Thats slander.
Old 4th November 2006, 19:40   #70
SorceryKid

Hello:

I'm not entirely certain who "nomadrush" is, but for any business selling services on these forums, this recent outburst of unprofessionalism and pretentiousness doesn't lend much credence to their cause.

For a new company to publicly accuse two well-established competitors in the same marketplace of being illegitimate is a very heavy handed and highly presumptuous statement to make. Then to add insult to injury, the same representative closes by flaunting the tag-line "Always one step ahead of the field!".

It's curious indeed. Such childlike and arrogant conduct in the community is definitely not the type of behavior one would expect from an educated, reputable, and sincere business person that truly has something of value to offer.

Regards,

R. Krause
SorceryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 20:13   #71
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SorceryKid
Hello:

I'm not entirely certain who "nomadrush" is, but for any business selling services on these forums, this recent outburst of unprofessionalism and pretentiousness doesn't lend much credence to their cause.

For a new company to publicly accuse two well-established competitors in the same marketplace of being illegitimate is a very heavy handed and highly presumptuous statement to make. Then to add insult to injury, the same representative closes by flaunting the tag-line "Always one step ahead of the field!".

It's curious indeed. Such childlike and arrogant conduct in the community is definitely not the type of behavior one would expect from an educated, reputable, and sincere business person that truly has something of value to offer.

Regards,

R. Krause
back up fella.

If you go look you will see that dred started talking negatively of their business first. Do the un-professionalism you mention is not exclusive
Old 4th November 2006, 20:49   #72
WebRadioWorld

WOW, I have to say I didn’t expect all of this back biting and fighting when I posted the message about what we were doing. I actually never envisioned posting anything in these forums though I have been reading them for years.

Quick question why is everyone so bitter and angry towards anything different? And I mean everyone not just us or them or him or him, its everyone here. Man you wonder why licensing collection agencies have their way with us as internet broadcasters, we can’t agree on something simple never the less something as complex as international copyrights.

Personally I don’t care what you guys say about me or the company I belong too. I could careless about what you think of our accomplishments to date, whether you believe it or not, but geez why cant there be a discussion here without all the crap. Why does everyone fear new competition? Remember you were all new once in your chosen businesses. I don’t sit here thinking how I can take business from anyone, hell I have used several companies represented here and found them very good and I respect their practices.

Now my last word I guess on the Extended Territories license, it is in effect, it does exist and if you want to email me on Monday I will give you a list of the countries it covers, its no BIG secret. But YES like every other license on offer by every other company in this forum and off, it has HOLES!!!.

For those of you who have lost sight it is about the record companies, they set up these collection agencies, really visit www.riaa.com and look at the companies they represent. That’s who we are really paying its really that simple.

Yeah we can sit here and fight until the end of time but what will it solve? Is there any chance that an adult conversation can take place without everyone being aggressive or worried about their own little piece of the pie and think more about the industry? Or is that asking too much.

Again I am as guilty as the next guy in this forum over the last 2 days of not being the person I am in real life, which is calm friendly and I love to talk with people in the industry.

So what do you say? Enough crap, and if it makes everyone feel better I will say you all win and I lose. It doesn’t matter to me. What matters to me is we get as an industry what we deserve.

Well that’s all from me down here in the depths of Santiago, Chile
but its SUMMER TIME for me WOOHOOO!!!
Old 4th November 2006, 21:07   #73
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Bravo.

Well said.

I think that each side of the coin here geniunely believes in their service and rightfully stands by it and I applaud that measure on both sides.

I think we should applaud any broadcaster that seeks out ways to license himself in whatever region or market he can. There are so many other stations out there that are not even trying or attempting to be legal. It's people like LC and WRW that are paving the way for us all to be able to do this without having to do all the back breaking paper work ourselves.

I suppose when my station reaches like 3 or 4 thousand listeners Im probably gonna have to get a cheaper license seeing that the PPL is only really benificial to smaller broadcasters.

However it is nice know that there are places like LC and WRW that are trying to make our jobs as broadcaster easier and legal.

And spaceplay . No offense to you . I really don't understand why your panties got all in a wad over this. Your just a broadcaster yourself and this battle has mainly been about licensing.
Old 4th November 2006, 21:08   #74
nomadrush

It's called....

It's called jealousy Dan - they just don't like competition! lol

Sorcery - As for me being "unprofessional and arrogant" - I think if you scan back and read ALL the postings in this thread you will see that I have merely been defending myself against insults from others, have I not got a right to do that then? Am I supposed to sit back and say nothing and not defend my business?

I may be a little more forceful than some in getting what I want, and I may defend what I have with venom, but that doesn't make the product I am offering bad, it makes it something WORTH defending!!

Ross
Old 4th November 2006, 21:50   #75
sputnik radio
Major Dude

YO

Hey dj_humpyg wherever you are. I think your question has been answered.

LOL
Old 4th November 2006, 23:23   #76
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik radio
And spaceplay . No offense to you . I really don't understand why your panties got all in a wad over this. Your just a broadcaster yourself and this battle has mainly been about licensing.
Non taken
why ?

i have to pay for the lisence and have seen far too many SCAMS like this , they take your money but at the end of the day you still are not covered for streaming copyrighted material.

you did read my post about also working for a real AM station
so i know all about lisences.
we stream on the internet also with the station and trust me if i say that paying your royalties is all it takes.
the PPL isn't anything that either BUMA or SENA has heard from .
straight quote from our stations contact at BUMA

what , that's news to me and i am the one who keeps the contacts with foreign organisations who do the same as we do.

I don't have anything against you ,nor against Ross
but i've seen far to many attempt like this that has gotten us nowhere
the talks with the ppl have been done over 10 times before.
each time it ended nowhere near anything looking like an agreement
But services like these never failed to take the broadcasters money.
by the time the bubble bursted , the ones who took the money got away.
I've been offered these kind of deals some 8 to 10 times already
each time i had to deposite an amount in order to be the first to get a lisence ( BS!!)
I always played the game untill it came to paying , than i stepped out and guess what?
the suddenly didn't answer my mails anymore.

Ross his comment about lisences made him look very bad

if I pay in the Netherlands it means I can stream on the internet WORLD WIDE
and it's not only in my own country ( see some posts above)

anybody who is willing to trow in evidance , be welcome
but since Ross has done nothing but rant back at those who asked serious questions , and placed question marks at his sayings it makes it all look like a giant scam to me

a serious bussines man does NOT do these things, A serious bussines man who has nothing to hide stays polite all the times, because he knows in the end he can show his proof that he was right!!!

think about that

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 4th November 2006, 23:30   #77
sputnik radio
Major Dude

but can you have djays all over the world?
Old 5th November 2006, 01:17   #78
dotme

Quote:
back up fella.

If you go look you will see that dred started talking negatively of their business first. Do the un-professionalism you mention is not exclusive
Uh... back up fella. That's not true.

If you review page one, the timeline is simple.

Post 12 - Enter WHW, who opened their "contribution" to this discussion by stating that Live365 and LoudCity are selling "nothing" and are "scams"

Post 16 - Enter LoudCity, to respond to the damaging and false allegations made against their business.

WHW most definitely threw the first punch. It was unnecessary. They could easily have mentioned what they are working on without taking a shot at Live365 and LoudCity.
Quote:
I have merely been defending myself against insults from others, have I not got a right to do that then? Am I supposed to sit back and say nothing and not defend my business?
Is that what you expected LoudCity to do when your company made such an outragous allegation against them?

I think what you want to do is interesting - perhaps crazy - but interesting. I've enjoyed the discussion, even though I didn't really get solid answers to my questions.

Anyway, good luck with the business. Maybe you're right and it will be the next big thing. I think the marketing and PR strategy could maybe benefit from a little adjustment though...lol

dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 08:28   #79
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
but can you have djays all over the world?
Yes i can
everything they play on my server is covered by my payment for royalties to the 2 agencies here

So Ross his statement really made him look like a jackass when he told me in a post the I could get legal action taken against me when my stream was heard in the UK.

this shows he knows shit about this topic and is himself also full of shit.

read my statement on a serious businessman!!

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 5th November 2006, 09:32   #80
WebRadioWorld

Dotme I think then the anger should be directed at me because it was that had said in my opinion which is all anyone has given here in this forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by WebRadioWorld
I am not writing this post to prove anything to nick@ass and I am quite amused at his postings and being sceptical, but then again I can sort of understand, with companies like Live365 and loud city who are selling nothing, you’re not legal with either of these licenses. As mentioned here in this forum you actually need 2 licenses. And for those that do have them are only covered in the USA or the UK. It’s a scam if you ask me.
FIRST: My mention of SCAM was to the licensing of music and having to have 2 licenses and only being covered in a single country due to each countries laws.

My comment of not being legal stands as since everyone here in this forum likes to pick at technicalities; the purchase of a license from either company does not make you entirely legal. But in no way did I intend for any remarks to indicate that any company was intentionally misleading their clients.

And this was only in response to being told that the Extended Territories license wasn't "genuine" Let me see the license we have available covers multiple countries theirs covers the USA or UK.

So alright my opinion is mine and I should not voice it like the rest of you here. They said they didn’t think mine wasn’t Genuine (that’s ok) I say theirs doesn't make you legal and I get berated? Where is the fairness?

Its funny we were not even offering the license to the public yet for the simple fact we are in the final testing phase of the reporting process, though we are accused of taking money and this not being real.

Now for you HATERS out there the following territories are currently signatories to the IFPI reciprocal web casting scheme and therefore form the Extended Territory referred to in the PPL (the United Kingdom collection agency)and make up Web Radio World limited web casting licenses.

CZECH REPUBLIC - DENMARK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - ECUADOR - ESTONIA - FRANCE - FINLAND - GERMANY - GREECE - HONG KONG
HUNGARY - ICELAND - ITALY - MALAYSIA - MEXICO - NETHERLANDS
NEW ZEALAND - NORWAY - PANAMA - PARAGUAY - PERU - PORTUGAL
POLAND - SINGAPORE - SLOVENIA - SPAIN - SWEDEN - THAILAND
URUGUAY - UNITIED KINGDOM - UNITED STATES

HMMM over 30 countries all with agreements with PPL and 1 single Extended Territory License and all because Ross at Web Radio World sat through several meetings and procured it.

Believe it, don't believe it is in place and it is the single most comprehensive online broadcasters license to date. Is that bragging no? It's just fact. And I am sure it will become the 'norm' by next year.

Gentlemen I didn’t come here to sell you anything or take anything away from your respective business. I came to set the record straight after being attacked first by nick@ss.

We don't need to be in competition loud city or any other company. Our license cost the same as everyone else’s it just covers more countries. Broadcasters surely won’t be taken in by that as they try to be as legal as possible.

Everyonehave a great Sunday where ever you are.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions