Old 7th November 2006, 09:54   #121
nathan159

looks like u brushed my question to one side !!!

would not choose you! to give me licenses!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nathan159
[B]so your saying you have ppl worldwide cover then are you? all negotians have been sorted if im wrong! looked at your website nothing there nor about bmi!!!
nathan159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 10:11   #122
DJSeanC_ROZ

Send a message via ICQ to DJSeanC_ROZ Send a message via AIM to DJSeanC_ROZ Send a message via Yahoo to DJSeanC_ROZ
I am a part for a Network that has a BMI licence that covers Not just the US but in Australia as well.

This is the same network as nomadrush co-owns and i do know both of these owners and i am grateful that the network has a BMI licence.

A few stations that has been on radio servers has been busted lately for NOT having these licences and some were suspended. If you do not have coverage by ANY licences you will have to pay hefty fines, that will also close the station down OR they will close you down... permanently.

Licence providers like loudcity has restrictions on airplay, but other networks with a licence to perform may have to follow other rules.

so for those people that argue against worldwide streaming coverage they should think before they speak!

Ps for that last poster before me... his station has a BMI licence... check the networks site!

Last edited by DJSeanC_ROZ; 7th November 2006 at 10:39.
DJSeanC_ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 10:53   #123
nomadrush

RIAA

I would strongly urge all station owners to check out the RIAA's website to see where they stand legally.

http://www.riaa.com/default.asp

I understand from a friend that the RIAA have even been known to pursue an 11 year old girl for illegal download of copyright music so what chance does a radio station have of escaping prosecution?

Can I also remind everyone that copyright theft is a CRIMINAL offence not a civil offence and as such, carries a possible custodial sentence. I expect that one or two stations will be made examples of in a series of forthcoming legal cases and I for one, would want as much protection as possible from all available sources, not arguing the toss that our cover is or isn't full enough!

Many stations use copyright music behind jingles and adverts without permission and do not even realise that they are committing a criminal offence!

Licensing on the Net will be changing very soon, I can't say more on this at the moment as we are in advanced negotiations, but it will make it a whole lot easier to get cover at an affordable rate.

Ross
nomadrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 11:33   #124
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

i hope you do not take this the wrong way, but I would suspect with the attitude you have shown here that many would find it hard doing business with you.

You may/may not have a world license shortly, but when some have suggested making sure it is legitimate/asking for evidence etc this was seen as an attack and the reaction, was to say the least, very very unprofessional. Now imagine if a customer had emailed you the questions posted here, and you had sent them the same material back, I for one would have moved on rather quickly.

I do know from experience the negotiations involved, with 3 of the licensing agencies around the world, and I do congratulate your efforts, however I also do know their reaction unless you are going to be paying a significant sum each month, which as a start up agency you will not, as with any startup the business is not initially there.

Now I also see as the latest post, some semi veiled threat/sales pitch that everyone is breaking the law and should get a license, and oh look you are here to provide.

As with any forum there are the unstated rules which most people only come to learn after 6-12 months , and here it can take a little longer as many of us to do not post alot of the time.

I would suggest as CraigF has pointed, get your license then come back, as the continued posting of effectively NOTHING USEFUL is very very tiresome.

Now I am sure you will come back with some rather unwitty comment re. well its the law and you should have a licence and you are wrong and we are talking to PPL etc etc, but as Nathan has pointed out, you have not actually answered his question, or for the most part anyone elses ....

BW.

ps. now I am bored ... as all the popcorn is gone

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 11:53   #125
nomadrush

What is professionalism?

Hi Womble

Professionalism is about offering your customers a great service and as has already been shown on here that's exactly what we do. Professionalism is not about sitting in a forum being slagged off maliciously without having the right to fight back.

You may not like the way I respond, but I take crap from no-one. I don't ask people to like me and to be frank don't care whether they do or not. I guess I am lucky enough to be in a position where I can survive with or without them so I refuse to crawl to anybody!

I have been working endlessly on setting up a licence that will benefit all whichever territory they are in, as I am a radio man through and through and want to see online radio work with the current problems eliminated, but if people don't want to take advantage of that licence it really isn't any skin off my nose. All I know is that OUR clients will benefit.

We should all be working together on this not fighting and making pointless and pathetic statements in the forums that do nothing to solve the problems we all face.

There are some in here who post sesnibly and make good and valid points and I do not send thunderbolts at them do I? It is purely the idiots like Spaceplay who feel my wrath and if you want to call it unprofessional you can, but I have never tolerated fools gladly and if they don't wish to be attacked then they shouldn't start the war by firing the first bullets.

As I said before, I spent many years dealing with REAL hardmen whilst in the boxing industry and have learned that being nice isn't always the most effective way when dealing with attacks!

Love it or hate it Web Radio World is here to stay and with the current acquisition targets we will be at the forefront of this industry sooner rather than later, so once again, I warn that people should not burn their bridges.

Now, let's all play nice!

Be lucky!

Ross
Old 7th November 2006, 12:01   #126
nathan159

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nathan159
[B]looks like u brushed my question to one side !!!

would not choose you! to give me licenses!

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan159
so your saying you have ppl worldwide cover then are you? all negotians have been sorted if im wrong! looked at your website nothing there nor about bmi!!!

misses it again hmmmmmmm dont that tell ya summit
nathan159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 12:19   #127
nomadrush

Nathan

What are you Nathan the bloody Spanish Inquisition?

If you read back through the posts your question has already been answered by both Dan Brewington and myself.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:39   #128
dotme

Re: What is professionalism?

Quote:
Originally posted by nomadrush
...with the current acquisition targets we will be at the forefront of this industry sooner rather than later..
Are you buying Live365? Or PPL UK? Maybe ASCAP? SoundExchange? Sounds expensive to me...

I may be wrong, but I think there are a limited number of webcasters that care about being legal. And not even the mighty RIAA has the resources to chase down over 10,000 shoutcasters - not to mention those broadcasting on other platforms. File sharing was a much bigger threat to music sales, so it makes sense that the RIAA would target that. But clearly the resources required to police the entire net for unlicensed webcasters is enormous. So if you're relying on a few public court cases to drum up business, that's probably not going to pan out.

Hell, half the kids who post on these forums looking for shoutcast tech support can barely read... so they are unlikely to read CNN.

The quest for a "monopoly" (which it sounds like you're after) is noble... but unattainable. Anybody with enough money can follow the same path. So why don't they? I'm guessing because there's not likely to be a high return on investment.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 13:05   #129
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Hell, half the kids who post on these forums looking for shoutcast tech support can barely read... so they are unlikely to read CNN.
LMFAO

Hey Dotme. How in the heck did you ever get that acxImage file to work for your sig?

I've been messing with it for 2 days now and i cant figure it out to save my life./
sputnik radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 15:17   #130
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

As I've already said. Sort out the business end first before dishing out the sales pitch and you'll get more respect.

I fail to see why this conversation needs to continue until then.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 15:21   #131
sputnik radio
Major Dude

actually in all fairness I think Im the one who mentioned world license first. Perhaps what i should have said was licensing in 30 countries.

sorry for bringing it up.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:54   #132
nomadrush

DotMe

If you don't think the online radio business is going to escalate into a major force in the media in the next few years then I think you are the one thta may need some guidance! Just check the information that's out there about what is actually happening.

I'm not having a go at you here, just that I have had some very good gambles pay off in my life and I believe this to be a worthwhile dabble lol!

The "bedroom DJ's" will still be around but the big professional radio groups are already eyeing up the larger stations online and soon there will only be a handful of big players. Its the way of the world!

Ross
Old 7th November 2006, 16:18   #133
nomadrush

You should read these from the RIAA

Firstly:

"Webcasting is one of the biggest growth areas for music online. It generally refers to the streaming of audio on the Internet, such as with Internet radio. As available user bandwidth increases, more and more major entertainment websites are streaming audio and creating genre based, commercial-free programming.

The RIAA foresaw the market potential of digitally transmitted music (including cable and satellite services) and worked with Congress in the early 1990s to preserve copyright holders’ rights. We wanted to find the best way to assure the development of this exciting business while knowing that copyright holders should be able to control the digital performance of their works just as they do the reproduction, distribution, and adaptation."

(Taken from the RIAA website.)

Secondly: http://www.riaa.com/issues/licensing/webcasting_faq.asp
Old 7th November 2006, 22:09   #134
fc*uk

Streaming media already is a "big force in the media business". Actually, it is also beginning to expand outside of the media business.

Soon the laws will catch up to make this something worth while. Until then, people are going to make one of two choices: a. tell being legal to piss off; b. do what they can to be legal, but they are not about to bend over backwards to do so.

Then, eventually, people will figure out that they are missing a boat load of money or that this has all gotten too complicated, and apply the XM/Sirius model in reverse. Fine broadcast something, anything, what ever the hell you want. Just give us $10/month for it and we will deal with who gets the money.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 07:41   #135
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
As I've already said. Sort out the business end first before dishing out the sales pitch and you'll get more respect.

I fail to see why this conversation needs to continue until then.
AMEN to that

I have contacted several people directly related to businesses that deal with internet streaming and NONE of them seems to be aware of this.

So instead of acting like a 10 year old as soon as somebody start to ask questions regarding this issue
get your stuff straight , get it done and come back here to prove it.

and BTW Ross
10 rounds, you wouldn't even last 1
but again as i have stated several times before you are showing that you are nowhere near a respectable businessman
and you showed that poor attitude in a forum populated by your future customers. way to go dude!

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 08:10   #136
nomadrush

Spaceplay

One round eh? You haven't done your research on me very well then have you!

Until the day we meet Spaceplay - enjoy hiding behind your PC
Old 8th November 2006, 11:00   #137
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Jesus Christ, will you guys grow the fuck up.

Old 8th November 2006, 11:08   #138
nomadrush

Why? I'm having so much fun lol!

Ross
Old 8th November 2006, 12:47   #139
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
AMEN to that

I have contacted several people directly related to businesses that deal with internet streaming and NONE of them seems to be aware of this.

Are these the same people that gave you the impression that you are covered to have over seas dejays?

If so maybe you need to find a new source for your info.
Old 8th November 2006, 12:48   #140
sputnik radio
Major Dude

I spoke to the president of the Universe this morning and he said he was completely unaware that spaceplay had any license whatsoever in holland.

Dont believe me call him and ask him yourself.
Old 8th November 2006, 13:10   #141
dotme

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik radio
I spoke to the president of the Universe this morning and he said he was completely unaware that spaceplay had any license whatsoever in holland
Spaceplay is licensed in his own country.

But... If the other posters here are to be believed, the only license actually held by WRW at the moment is with BMI. Everything else is still "in negotiations".

A license "in negotiation" isn't a license "held" - Because negotiations have a funny way of falling through.

BMI coverage alone is not enough in the USA (you must have SoundExchange and ASCAP coverage too). So if this is really the only license currently held by WRW and you are relying on them to be legal, your station isn't licensed right now in any country.

Woops... lol
Old 8th November 2006, 13:25   #142
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
I spoke to the president of the Universe this morning and he said he was completely unaware that spaceplay had any license whatsoever in holland.

Dont believe me call him and ask him yourself.
I called him and he just told me your sig was as big as your overinflated ego.

I got rid of the one I have control over, hopefully you'll do something about the latter.

Old 8th November 2006, 13:37   #143
xhilaration

Send a message via Skype™ to xhilaration
Quote:
Originally posted by nomadrush
I think we should end this thread here before it gets really out of hand, and just like the Hulk, Spaceplay wouldn't like me when I really get angry lol!

I will finish by saying this:

Anyone who wishes to be licenced for the majority of world territories and wants streaming that starts from US$5 a month, then contact dan.brewington@webradioworld.com.

Anyone that does not believe what our PPL licence offers, should contact PPL directly and ask!

And finally, anyone who believes anything that Spaceplay is spouting - seek counselling lol!

Ross
WILL POST FOR BEER! lol

BUT, advertising is against the forum rules, if we can't advertise our shoutcast radio, then BUDDY YOU CAN'T ADVERTISE YOUR UNKNOWN business.

Did you read the sticky's?

I guess not cuz you guys are to busy bashing Live365 and Loudcity and thats slander that I might add.

No one here was bashing your thing, so why have to do it to others that are VERY well knowned and majority of stations go threw them. I don't see any station *Besides Sputnik Radio* going through yours.

How about stop negotated and make plans of having them then you'll be a respected company, but till then. Be the company that will be shun upon as being a SHANTY one.

If you guys want respect, then please have respect to the winamp eldars of the forum.

Again I really do think you are violating the forum rules with advertising, here, let me help you:

The things you need to know more are in the RED
Welcome to the Winamp Forums

With every great community, there are the rules and laws that ensure people coexist peacefully. These forums are no different. There are boundaries to what is and what is not allowed. These rules are in place to ensure the Winamp Forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics.

The rules to the Winamp Forums are as follows:

Advertising
- Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services through this discussion forum is not permitted. Chain letters and junk mail are also strictly prohibited. Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked.

Flaming
- Material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing, is strictly prohibited. As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited or deleted with no warning or consent.

Right to Privacy
- You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing information against another member?s will, information that is private and personal. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

Spamming
- Topics/posts that are just complete nonsense will be deleted, or have the entire thread locked, at the moderators discretion. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

Racism
- Topics/posts containing such will be edited or deleted accordingly. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

Porn
- Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums. Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

Warez
- Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain "warez", "gamez" or any other software or work protected by copyright law is strictly forbidden. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

Virii, Malware and Adware
- Posting links leading to virii, malware, adware, etc is forbidden. Any violation of this rule, your account will be banned without prior warning and the thread will be edited or deleted accordingly. As a warning to our users, you should be vigilent when clicking on links and exercise the same caution as you would on other sites.

Post Pumping
- If a post is suspected to serve no other purpose than to increase the post count of the poster, then the moderators may, at their discretion, issue a PM to the member in question enquiring about the nature of the post. Posts/Threads that are blatantly post pumping will be removed/locked without recourse to the poster.

Cross-posting
- Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked and subsequently deleted.

Signature Size
- To keep the page loading time and visual annoyance factor down to a minimum, ensure your graphical signatures do not exceed a maximum of 12,500 pixels or 15 kilobytes file size, whichever is reached first. Alternatively, three lines of text can be used as a signature. Do not pad out your text lines with blanks lines. A line of text is defined such that it does not wrap when viewed at a resolution of 640x480.

If these limits are exceeded then you may be contacted by a moderator requesting an amendmant to your signature. If none is made within a reasonable period of time, then a moderator may remove your signature from your profile.

StreamRippers
- Due to legal liability issues, any information or references to information about streamripping applications are strictly prohibited within these forums. Any threads/posts containing such information will be edited/deleted without warning..

What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
- It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of these forums; the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages. As such, we depend upon you to inform them when members are violating our rules. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

To contact a moderator use the "Report this post to a moderator" function or send a private message to one of the moderators listed in the Forum Leaders page.

What happens if I break the rules?
At best your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offence is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse so please don't.

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued a temporary ban - your posting privileges will be disabled for seven days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

For persistent and or deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Nuked". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and your account will no longer function. If you re-register, your new account will be nuked immediately and any new threads/posts will automatically be removed, regardless of their nature

Suggestions
In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

1. Use common sense. Anything that you say or do carries consequences with it. If you find yourself questioning the nature of what you?re going to post, then it?s probably not safe to post it. Save yourself trouble and ourselves time, think before you post.

2. Always be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world of different ages, genders, and races. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Racism.

3. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum that you are posting in. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a Winamp problem will get a better (and probably quicker) response in Winamp Technical Support, than it would in General Discussions.

4. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available. Also, Tech Support Greatest Hits contains a compilation of the most commonly asked technical support questions.

5. Make sure that you have followed #1 and #4 before posting

6. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum that they are in.

7. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

8. Only post pictures when absolutely necessary, and when they are directly relevant to the topic discussion. If the image you are posting is large in size (either pixel size, file size, or both), then please post a link to the picture instead of posting the picture itself. Remember that not everybody has the T3 connection that you are accustomed to, and may have to wait some time for images to load.

9. If you find it easier to express yourself en Franç¡©s, auf Deutsch, en Espanol, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Connection forum. You'll find help and pointers in almost every language we can think of.

With that being said, don't take what I typed above out of context or put words in my mouth. I am only trying to do what I really see violating the forum rules.

And that was my rant/last 2 cents. Back to your wonderful broadcasting.

xhilaration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 15:03   #144
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
I called him and he just told me your sig was as big as your overinflated ego.

I got rid of the one I have control over, hopefully you'll do something about the latter.

Yeah I noticed.

"In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, we'd like to make some suggested signature sizes and guidelines.

To keep the page loading time, and visual annoyance factor down to a minumum, please keep your graphical sigs to a 12,500 pixel max or 15k file size.

For text, please try and keep it to 3 lines max.

One last idea is to limit signature usage to once per thread. Few things are more annoying than seeing the same graphic over and over while scrolling through a long thread. Even the coolest sigs start to grate when you see them 75 times.

This bit of courtesy for your fellow forumites, will make the boards work a bit faster for all of us.

These suggestions are just that; suggestions. And a little slop over is okay in general. People who continue to make gigantic sigs will, after some moderater discussion, be asked to voluntarily comply with the guidelines or have their signatures disabled. We don't want to do that. We all just want to have fun."

And thanks for asking me to voluntarily comply with the guidelines before you removed it. What a champ.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:17   #145
sputnik radio
Major Dude

dangit the only image that seems to load right is the one that is like 300k to big.

oh well I will find something else.

I wonder if 300k could be considered "a little slop over" ?

Last edited by sputnik radio; 8th November 2006 at 16:01.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:27   #146
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dotme
Spaceplay is licensed in his own country.

But... If the other posters here are to be believed, the only license actually held by WRW at the moment is with BMI. Everything else is still "in negotiations".

A license "in negotiation" isn't a license "held" - Because negotiations have a funny way of falling through.

BMI coverage alone is not enough in the USA (you must have SoundExchange and ASCAP coverage too). So if this is really the only license currently held by WRW and you are relying on them to be legal, your station isn't licensed right now in any country.

Woops... lol
Dotme.

I dont doubt he is . It was a sarcastic joke .

Anybody can post anything about who they talked to and what they said. It don't make it the absolute definitive truth.

Just because Spaceplay makes post about who he talks too and what they said doesnt mean diddly squat. That was my point.

Watch this.

Hey I called up Rick James last night and he said that Dotme don't have no rythm.

Now just because I posted that does it automatically make it the gospel?

see where im going with that?

You guys used to be cool. I don't know who pissed in your cheerios but so be it.

actually im working on a way to store all my songs on a server in europe and use active winamp to dj . So

Last edited by sputnik radio; 8th November 2006 at 15:46.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:49   #147
dotme

Quote:
You guys used to be cool. I don't know who pissed in your cheerios but so be it.
lol - I prefer Captain Crunch.

I was just pointing out that Live365, SWCast and LoudCity all hold licenses with BMI, SESAC, ASCAP and SoundExchange. That puts those three companies in the position of being able to offer USA small webcasters affordable royalty coverage and licensing (Affordable when compared to direct-licensing).

These services can offer this coverage today. Right now.

If you remember, the initial allegation was that Live365 and LoudCity were not legal.

If it is true that WHW currently holds one license - with BMI - and the rest are still "in negotiation", that would seem to imply that WHW are the ones currently not legal.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?
Old 8th November 2006, 15:55   #148
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
lol - I prefer Captain Crunch.

I was just pointing out that Live365, SWCast and LoudCity all hold licenses with BMI, SESAC, ASCAP and SoundExchange. That puts those three companies in the position of being able to offer USA small webcasters affordable royalty coverage and licensing (Affordable when compared to direct-licensing).

These services can offer this coverage today. Right now.

If you remember, the initial allegation was that Live365 and LoudCity were not legal.

If it is true that WHW currently holds one license - with BMI - and the rest are still "in negotiation", that would seem to imply that WHW are the ones currently not legal.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?
But you see dotme its not that simple. I am an international broadcaster. I have residence in Russia and America. I have dejays in europe and one in america. So loudcity nor L365 can cover me in such a broad fashion.

It's a lot to think about especially seeing how constricting the current laws are.

If im licensed through say LC . I go to Russia for a month and dj there Im not licensed. If one of my dj's in the UK wants to play Im not licensed.

Now I know wrw doesnt currently cover Russia but heck I dont know who does.

I just wish it where more simple.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:56   #149
sputnik radio
Major Dude

actually i have a solution.

Im about to hook my system up where I dejay using active winamp remotely.

so no matter where I am my stream will always originate from one place.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:05   #150
Nick@ss

wow this threads got legs....

ps these are not mine
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 16:07   #151
dotme

It's who owns the station that matters, I think. I hear what you're saying about international issues. But most stations are not like yours. Most have one owner, one controller, and usually one DJ. Which means WHW is offering a service that may ultimately be of value to only a small fraction of webcasters.

10% of webcasters care about licensing
10% of those have international DJs
= 1% of the market. Ouch.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:09   #152
dotme

Quote:
Originally posted by nick@ss
wow this threads got legs....
lol - probably the most entertaining thread since Norman took over WebcasterU at the beginning of the year.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:17   #153
Nick@ss

379 - webcasterU thread

152 - worldwide thread.

not doing bad, nearly half way.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:20   #154
sputnik radio
Major Dude

so whats webcasterU all about?

never heard about it
Old 8th November 2006, 16:23   #155
Nick@ss

i would hate to push this off topic so i have pmed you the link for your entertainment.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:24   #156
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Quote:
It's who owns the station that matters, I think. I hear what you're saying about international issues. But most stations are not like yours. Most have one owner, one controller, and usually one DJ. Which means WHW is offering a service that may ultimately be of value to only a small fraction of webcasters.

10% of webcasters care about licensing
10% of those have international DJs
= 1% of the market. Ouch.
well i definitely care about licensing.

But you could look at that from a different angle

30>1
Old 8th November 2006, 17:32   #157
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Here is a very interesting read about the subject.

http://www.law.duke.edu/journals/dlt...1dltr0031.html
Old 8th November 2006, 21:06   #158
sputnik radio
Major Dude

Ok now this is just getting scarey.

http://www.arbitron.com/portable_people_meters/home.htm

they have a people meter that will allow them to collect dat on when and where media is being played .

this sorta answers the question earlier in this thread about music being monitored.
Old 9th November 2006, 07:10   #159
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
actually i have a solution.

Im about to hook my system up where I dejay using active winamp remotely.
First normal posting i have seen since you entered this thread

Now you get how i CAN be LEGAL with DJ's all over the world!!!!

there isn't a law in the world that does not have a maze!!!!

besides that there is always the FTP , dj's upload their shows and i transfer the show to the schedule.

The reason why i did not give names with the post i made above talking about nobody that is aware of this "new world wide lisence" is because i asked them as a private person.
I did not ask them permission to post their names.
As i believe strongly in a persons privacy i won't do such a thing without their aproval.

both are providing software for station automation and are not USA based.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 12:36   #160
sputnik radio
Major Dude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First post I've seen you make with a lick of respect to anyone other than your cohorts since I had the good fortune of being privvy to your co-existance in the universe.

ps. looking at your stats I sure hope your not paying much for that dutch licensing. Send me a PM sometimes and I will teach you some tricks on how to get your listener count up.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions