Old 9th November 2006, 13:42   #161
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik radio

ps. looking at your stats I sure hope your not paying much for that dutch licensing. Send me a PM sometimes and I will teach you some tricks on how to get your listener count up.
ppss
again you didn't read other posts

as i stated before it's a hobby that has grown out of control and honestly i don't give a damn about listeners count

i see one of the two streams having listener now and than , well fine
the other hardly even has listeners but it's infact a backup for real AM station
in case the internet connection between the studio and the tx site goes down , my stream kicks in. ( silence detection system)
So i don't need tips and tricks at all
thank you for the offer but no thanks.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 17:15   #162
WebRadioWorld

Send a message via Yahoo to WebRadioWorld
Quote:
Originally posted by nathan159
have contacted ppl regarding this, they say they have no ppl licence but are in NEGOTIONS so nothing finalised at the moment
TO the HATERS, and Chicken Littles of the forum, sorry but Sputnik is covered for his royalty payments in the 35 major countries covered by the extended territories license.

nathan159 you didn't call PPLUK and speak to the Broadcasting Licensing Executive because if you had he would have said differnetly get the telephone number from www.ppluk.com

Unlike many people I try to work with any organization to make our hobby/industry a better place for everyone. I am not out to get rich off the backs of others.

I my goal is for everyone that wants to broadcast to be able to do it without getting charged an ARM & LEG by the Gov't, the RIAA and other organizations (mainly in the USA).

I love internet radio, I love being around it and I get jazzed up when I see all the thousands of stations and hear the millions of hours of programming and content that commercial broadcasters just cant do. Its one of the most rewarding hobbies/industries to be in.

That's why I am involved Remember that.
WebRadioWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 20:23   #163
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by WebRadioWorld

I am not writing this post to prove anything to nick@ass and I am quite amused at his postings and being sceptical, but then again I can sort of understand, with companies like Live365 and loud city who are selling nothing, you’re not legal with either of these licenses. As mentioned here in this forum you actually need 2 licenses. And for those that do have them are only covered in the USA or the UK. It’s a scam if you ask me.
I'm not quite sure just which country you hail from WebRadioWorld (I'm assuming the UK judging by your references to that part of the world), but I can assure you that Live365 is licensed IN THE UNITED STATES with ASCAP & BMI and is registered with SoundExchange.

Beyond that, any legal info. you might need on Live365 can be found here. Alternatively, you might try emailing them too @ legal@live365.com. *Hint...Hint!*

JFYI

Cheers

Pat (ala Jeeper One)

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 21:17   #164
WebRadioWorld

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeeper One
Beyond that, any legal info. you might need on Live365 can be found here. Alternatively, you might try emailing them too @ legal@live365.com. *Hint...Hint!*

JFYI

Cheers

Pat (ala Jeeper One) [/B]
Hi and thanks for your post. I have not spoken with the legal department at Live365, actually the only time my company had contact with them is when we put in a bit to buy them.

And they are a good solid company with decent profits. Which HINT HINT is why we put in an initial offer for them.

Unfortunatly it is a strictly for broadcasters broadcasting to/in the US. If your in germany broadcasting to Europe or the UK they are not much help. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

As far as my nationality, I am American, proud of it, served my country the whole nine yards. I also lived in the UK for 11 years and South Americaa for 5, as well as a dozen other countries. Unlike most of my country folk I get out look around and see what the rest of the world has to offer and realize my country, though amazing is not the center of the universe. :-)

Cheers
Old 21st January 2007, 21:39   #165
SorceryKid

I must agree with the remark of Jeeper One. Live365 is a reputable company, who I have had the good fortune to work with for several years. There is no rationale for the blatant claim that Live365 is a) not selling anything and b) not providing a legal service. Public defamation is a rather dubious and crude business tactic. It is really not the quickest way to engender respect and confidence in our marketplace.

Randall Krause
Executive Director
Small Webcaster Community Initiative
SorceryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 23:56   #166
WebRadioWorld

Quote:
Originally posted by Dredd
How wonderful to see you sputtering nonsense on this forum too.

The “World Wide License” is a fabrication of the PPL.

Anyone that does not have to operate under the PPL should think twice about getting this kind of license, because it’s completely meaningless to you, particularly if you are in the US.

You will not find any US broadcasters (other than a few that WRW snake oiled), large or small, paying the PPL directly because they know it’s wrong and they refuse to over pay royalties.

I can’t speak for Live365, but they are a DiMA member, as is LoudCity. We both access to the best legal advice regarding webcasting. If this PPL thing were a legitimate issue there would be a lot more buzz about it. [/B]
Yes and this is kosher? To be told that we "Snake Oil" people is fine. I think you called it "Public defamation is a rather dubious and crude business tactic"? if I am not mistaken.

And we shall pass on the comments to the PPL I am sure they will be interested in knowing that they are not considered "Legitimate"
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions