Old 18th February 2009, 14:19   #321
Greg_E
Major Dude

It still leaves all of us not for profit, non-profit, and educational (which MUST be non-profit) users out in the cold.

Blood from a stone comes quickly to mind. Note that the NAB has distinct reasons why they want to crush all of us little independent stations, simply put it is bad for business. By default I am a member of the NAB and SBE as we are an industry related educator, and neither one is working to help me get what we need here at work. We are the red headed step child of their world even though we teach people who become their full price members. Both organizations are completely self serving to the broadcasters, you could not join if you wanted to! They even look down on the FCC certified and licensed low power FM stations because it takes away from the big money stations. If anyone from either the NAB or SBE would like to discuss how you are not helping anyone but yourselves, please PM me your email address and I will get back to you. And yes I do expect that email to come from one of the organization's accounts, otherwise be prepared to point me to your position within that organization, I only know our local SBE members and I doubt they will get in touch with me about this.

Your mileage may vary!
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 03:01   #322
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg_E
It still leaves all of us not for profit, non-profit, and educational (which MUST be non-profit) users out in the cold.

Blood from a stone comes quickly to mind. Note that the NAB has distinct reasons why they want to crush all of us little independent stations, simply put it is bad for business. By default I am a member of the NAB and SBE as we are an industry related educator, and neither one is working to help me get what we need here at work. We are the red headed step child of their world even though we teach people who become their full price members. Both organizations are completely self serving to the broadcasters, you could not join if you wanted to! They even look down on the FCC certified and licensed low power FM stations because it takes away from the big money stations. If anyone from either the NAB or SBE would like to discuss how you are not helping anyone but yourselves, please PM me your email address and I will get back to you. And yes I do expect that email to come from one of the organization's accounts, otherwise be prepared to point me to your position within that organization, I only know our local SBE members and I doubt they will get in touch with me about this.
Amen
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:24   #323
SorceryKid

Judiciary Committee Hearing on Performance Rights Act

Dear Supporters:

Once again we need your help to ramp up the pressure on Capitol Hill. The Performance Rights Act is now on the table in the Judiciary Committee, and it will be debated during their hearing on Wednesday, March 4. However, Congress must not be allowed to divert their attention away from the unjustified royalty rates that still plague the Internet radio industry.

If your member of Congress sits on this committee, then it is imperative that you contact him or her by phone or email as soon as possible. Simply state your affiliation (e.g. "I am a constituent of your district"), the purpose of your call (e.g. "the upcoming Judiciary Committee Hearing on The Performance Rights Act, H.R. 4789"), and then as briefly as possible explain your stance on the royalty rate issue. Most importantly, remind him or her that the Performance Rights Act should only be addressed following an appropriate resolution of the statutory royalty rates for Internet radio.

http://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.html

As always, we appreciate your continued support.

_________
Randall E. Krause
Executive Director
Small Webcaster Community Initiative
www.smallwebcaster.org
SorceryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 14:20   #324
sputnik radio
Major Dude

I wonder if the Gubment will bail us out ? So we can afford to pay these greedy B@$tards
sputnik radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 05:07   #325
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
http://www.billboard******bbbiz/conte...a6e62e53a6a699

Anyone know where to get a RL banner?

I'll be the first one to sport it!

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 15:25   #326
Greg_E
Major Dude

http://www.royaltylogic.com/ Have you contacted them yet?

Your mileage may vary!
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 15:45   #327
fc*uk

This was an eye catcher. One of the reasons why I finally got pushed over the fence to buy GU:10 a few years ago was because I listened to one of the discs on Tag's stream.

[soapbox]

Quote:
A final takeaway ... In general, any person who says there is no good music being made in the present day has not probably taken the proper steps to seek out the better music. In reality, such effort may not be practical. People are constricted by time and information. When a consumer is disappointed in the quality of music, the effectiveness of marketing and recommendation tools must be questioned. It is ironic that so many teens express distaste for today's music ...
Or maybe teens don't like it because they have finally woken up and realized that Britney is absolute crap. Or maybe it is because the labels have this master formula that they use to tell an artist what he or she needs to produce, forces them to do so, and the kiddies think it is absolute crap because it is.

Thank god the youth of the world is starting to smell the damn coffee.

Hands down, across all genres, the best music being produced today is coming from labels that are independently owned by the artist where the artist does not have anyone telling them that they need to make a love song.

And, on another front, if people would equally distribute music to all countries seeing as how we do have a global economy, maybe piracy would go away some more. In the edm scene this is a massive issue. Most edm fans get music from digital stores ... why country restrict the music? It only forces people who want it to get it some other way.

[/soapbox]
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:44   #328
Jkey
Forum King

This thread has been unstuck for now to make some room at the top of the page ,if a mod wants to put it back up be my guest

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions