Old 24th February 2008, 21:34   #1
Little Frog

Web-based radio player v2.0

Version 2

I made a web-based radio player about 2 years ago that has been updated a few times by me and others and since it became such popular I desided to update it. As before it uses embed players hided in an iframe. What it does now is to detect the listners media player and plugins and choose the most sutible player, but the listners still got the choise to select the desired player.

Its only tested on windows platforms, win 98/SE and winXP, but should work for mac users aswell. Its tested in Netscape, Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera.

Hope you like it all.

New for version 2.0
This new Version is almost completly renewed. The player detect the best player for the user or he/she can select which one to use. Added QuickTime and Winamp ActiveX as selectable embed players. Supports AAC streams with a AAC plugin for WMP or usage of AOL's Winamp ActiveX embed player. New design on the skin with easier skinnable interface (Photoshop files included).
Little Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 21:35   #2
Little Frog

Radioplayer v2.0

Here is the file,
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v2.0.zip (97.9 KB, 7377 views)
Old 1st March 2008, 03:47   #3
stolle

Send a message via AIM to stolle
is this the updated version of mx_shotcast available for mxbb? if so is it possible to update mx_shotcast to this player?

thanks
stolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 14:03   #4
Little Frog

RE: Stolle
This is not a updated version of mx_shoutcast.
I dont use mx forums and dont develop for it. Perhaps OryNider once again wants to update my radioplayer, and make the nessisary fixes to get it to work as a mx_shoutcast module.
Old 1st March 2008, 14:33   #5
stolle

Send a message via AIM to stolle
Quote:
Originally posted by Little Frog
RE: Stolle
This is not a updated version of mx_shoutcast.
I dont use mx forums and dont develop for it. Perhaps OryNider once again wants to update my radioplayer, and make the nessisary fixes to get it to work as a mx_shoutcast module.
oic, thanks for your reply, your radio player really comes in handy!
stolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 10:52   #6
tomio

It's not working for me
I add IP and port to version 1 and work good, but in version 2 not...
tomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 02:38   #7
OryNider

Send a message via MSN to OryNider Send a message via Yahoo to OryNider Send a message via Skype™ to OryNider
[RELEASE] Mx ShotCast

MODULE Title: mx_shotcast

MODULE Description:
This is a new Mx-Publisher module with common shotcast blocks and a player writen by Little Frog from winamp.com. The player can play one stream brotcasted by a shotcast server that can be configured in AdminCP (host, port and password). The embed's are hidden in iframes with autostarts, so the pricipal is very simple. It also uses an ajax script to update the song title. Users most have instaled the latest Windows Media Player (Windows Media Player 10+ with AACP Plugin) or Real One Player, or WinAMPX Plugin or Quick Time Plugin.

Note: Mx-Publisher (former mxBB) is a CMS System wich will work stand-allone with no forums system installed like last development version do wich can switch from stand-allone to phpBB2 or phpBB3 sessions after they are installed and validated, and this version of module will work with that and last public version too.

MODULE Version: 2.0.0-RC1

Designed for: Core 2.8.1

Author: Niklas Pull and OryNider

Support: Here

Radio Player ScreenShot:

AdminCP ScreenShot:

WebSite Example:

Download Link:
Mx_ShotCast.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip mx_shotcast.zip (194.5 KB, 2399 views)

Last edited by OryNider; 6th March 2008 at 03:09.
OryNider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 05:16   #8
OryNider

Send a message via MSN to OryNider Send a message via Yahoo to OryNider Send a message via Skype™ to OryNider
Quote:
Originally posted by tomio
It's not working for me
I add IP and port to version 1 and work good, but in version 2 not...
I attach for you a older version but with the new player included. I hope this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v1.09.zip (102.0 KB, 1779 views)
Old 6th March 2008, 17:10   #9
tomio

Wow, Thanks OryNider!Work perfect
tomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 05:48   #10
IceRadioDJBlade

Fail

Just downloaded fresh off the zip file attachment from Little Frog only to see it does not work at all. No title, no music, nothing.

My config.php:
PHP Code:
<?
/* Removed at first edit because I don't really think this is necessary anymore, I'll repost if absolutely necessary */
?>
Screenshot of fail:

As you can see by the main website (link in my signature) I've been using one of those standard embedded players that work half off of IE code and half off of an ASX file for Firefoxers and I'm sick of the cries of fail by some of my users. I'd like to incorporate this into my frontpage (as in not a popup), although before I even think about screwing with that, I first need it to actually work. If you'd like to help me through that too I'd be very appreciative, but if you don't, it's ok I'll try to blindman my way through that.

S.O.S. Much? , etc.

Edit: I actually just realized if I leave the player there for long enough, the music does eventually play, however, there is no song title/kbps/etc. Its basically that same screenshot above, only with the bars on the right moving up and down, which I know is just an animated gif file. So my question now is how (if possible) do I get the details displaying, why does it not automatically play (I could swear I read somewhere that its supposed to begin playing automatically) and then how do I put this onto my website automatically instead of a pop up?

Edit2: If you go to my site you'll see I have a "Who's Online/Song Playing/etc" script already up, perhaps this can be used or some parts of the code used to fix the not displaying song name/kbps/etc. If you want that script so you can rip the name gathering portion, etc, I could post it, because I myself am no good whatsoever with PHP and therefore cant ever hope to do it myself. PHP hates me. I am convinced it stalks me on my way to school and wants to stab me in the neck from behind. Yes, I'm weird.

Last edited by IceRadioDJBlade; 8th March 2008 at 06:08.
IceRadioDJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 10:19   #11
Little Frog

Very well done OryNider. Excellent fix.
Could you do a stand-alone version of that aswell, without the mxBB interface? Since my first version of 2.0 doesnt work properly when the player is located on different servers than the radio.
I would do it myself if I havnt got my as full with other stuff.

RE: IceRadioDJBlade
Just as I just said the radio info is abit unstabil with the way the player collects it atm. Hopfully OryNider will fix a stand-alone version with his fixes, otherwise I'll do it later on.
Old 8th March 2008, 15:21   #12
IceRadioDJBlade

Please as soon as possible if you can, I was really excited to see something like this only to find out it doesn't even fully work

Edit: I just downloaded OryRider's downgraded version and this one actually has details, only thing is that the song title displayed never ever changes. I'm sure this is just a quick fix (a few lines of code, copy paste into a certain area) so do you think you could manage that? Because if you could do that I can certainly use this until you manage to get a fully working v2.

Last edited by IceRadioDJBlade; 8th March 2008 at 15:36.
Old 15th March 2008, 14:27   #13
OryNider

I'm not sure if song title will be changed couse I have FF but only tested with ie7. I used the new method from 2.0 to get the title but in mx sims to work well with ie7.

I'm upgrading and bugtraking all my modules for mxp including this (this week) and it's posible that I will backport some fixes for the 1.x version if Little Frog will not fix version 2.x untill then.

Getting the song title and stats depends on many things like if you have fsockopen() enabled in php.ini and on how smart is the browser you use plus I didn't studied this new ajay script, just grabed it from version 2.0 with very little fixes.

I curently use some new features like mimetype in more MXP/mxBB modules wich will be released with 2.9.2 and I thing this was a good implementation
Old 16th March 2008, 01:18   #14
IceRadioDJBlade

Well I have a script that I use on my site to show the current title of the song playing, along with current listeners and DJ online, if you'd like it to put in as a fix i could post it here for you, although im sure its just like a refreshing interval that you can set somewhere, right now 2.0 doesnt do anything except play and the one that you posted earlier in this thread grabs the title only once and it just stays there, if you could get it to actually update when a song changes (perhaps using the script i have as help?) you could just take that and put it into v2 and it'd work perfect

(the script depends on fsockopen() but there isn't any way i know to do that without fsockopen(), anyway i know thats not the problem)
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:31   #15
protegechris
Forum Queen

So.. I get the stream, but the equalizer doesn't move, there's no song title, no bit rate... etc. Have you abandoned this? It has potential.

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 10:20   #16
protegechris
Forum Queen

^^^

Would love to get this working.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:40   #17
protegechris
Forum Queen

I shall not give up;

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th April 2008, 03:21   #18
IceRadioDJBlade

I already did, this's been dead for almost a month

If I knew a damn thing about php I would try to do it myself but sadly I know no php

The v1.08 or whatever it was that OryNider attached works, but it only grabs the title once. Never refreshes it so it wont ever change when a new song is played.
Old 10th April 2008, 05:31   #19
protegechris
Forum Queen

Ass!

This looked really promising, don't you think? Poop.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 11th April 2008, 02:18   #20
limainfinita

Player looks great
also works perfect =)

I have a question, is possible that player has autostart instead have to press play?

thanks in advance
limainfinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 07:41   #21
protegechris
Forum Queen

Anyone with a WORKING version of this still posting that can help me troubleshoot?

yeah, i'm back.
Old 13th April 2008, 16:50   #22
IceRadioDJBlade

If you're comfortable with the title being obtained only once and never changing, look a few posts up for OryNider's response to tomio. It works, except for that one problem.

And if anyone knows anything about php, please fix that for us, since the OP nor OryNider are obviously not getting back to us anytime soon
Old 19th April 2008, 01:05   #23
OryNider

I was very busy latest two weeks but I will try to backport the mx-publisher version as Little Frog sugested as stradallone version too. This will fix this bugs.

Don't search for the fixed mx version couse in latest public version the AJAX problem was not fixed, but is kind of working on my site ...

I will post back when I have a bugfree version...

edit:

Oh, this was a typo bug type.

Open: detectScript.htm

Find:

PHP Code:
            setTimeout('Ajax()',25000); 
Replace with:

PHP Code:
            setTimeout('checkSong()',2000); 
I will post back with the backported version when ready...

Last edited by OryNider; 19th April 2008 at 01:34.
Old 19th April 2008, 17:17   #24
OryNider

[Release] RadioPlayer 3.0

MODULE Title: Web Based RadioPlayer

MODULE Description:
This is the "Web Based RadioPlayer" *StandAllone* version 3.0 for SHOUTcast servers. The embed's are hidden in iframes with autostarts, so the pricipal is very simple.
It also uses an ajax script to update the song title.

Autodetect the users players and plugins and chooses the most fitting.

It can switch between Real Player, Windows Media Player, QuickTime or
Winamp ActiveX player.

Feel free to use it however you want, all I want is that you keep
the author meta tag.

MODULE Version: 3.0.0

RELEASE Notes
- Version 3.0 - This is compleate rewrite backported from latest
Mx-Publisher CMS module version.
- Fixed bug with curent song and re-implemented multi skin support.
- Included new aero style (AeroBlue).

Author: Little Frog and OryNider

Support: Here

Radio Player ScreenShot:

Some bugs on Safari/Windows...

On Firefox works fine...

DEMO Here
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v3.0.zip (149.4 KB, 1902 views)

Last edited by OryNider; 19th April 2008 at 18:31.
Old 19th April 2008, 20:53   #25
tecknozone

Re: [Release] RadioPlayer 3.0

V3.0 Work Perfect!!!! Thank for your work!!! I was wondering as a member asked before, if it was possible to get the player to autostart instantly when opened....

Thank you in advance!
tecknozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 06:57   #26
OryNider

[Release] RadioPlayer 3.0.1

- Version 3.0.1 - Added option (in config.php) to get the player to autostart instantly when opened.
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v3.01.zip (149.6 KB, 1448 views)
Old 21st April 2008, 20:00   #27
IceRadioDJBlade

OryNider: This is awesome and I'm very happy you didn't totally abandon this thing, even though it took you over a month to do it.

However, I'd like to request/ask, is it possible to make this script/module display the current DJ playing (Stream Title?) and the current amount of listeners online out of max amount of listeners? I see this information is being obtained, but how do I make it display on the player?

(I'm referring to the standalone version, not the one for forums. I want to iframe this on my website.) Please get back to me asap because I'd really love to begin using this on my website. (aka please don't take another month XD)
Old 21st April 2008, 21:26   #28
OryNider

Quote:
This is awesome and I'm very happy you didn't totally abandon this thing, even though it took you over a month to do it.
Lol, I didn't knowed what the issue was untill I readed the topic @ 3:00 AM and posted the fix @ 8:00 PM same day but was allready backported @ 6:00 AM I just was too tired to bugtrak it and I sleeped some howers.

Note that Mx-Publisher it's not a forum system like anyone is saing here but it's a standallone CMS system wich is not released yet to the public, only the old product who was called mxBB-Portal and it's true that this branch is requesting a forum as addon but it's still a full modular system on wich users don't need to install any modifications to the source code to add new features like on forums.

About the player if you don't get the stream title $radio->station() then both radio class and classic methods are failing getting the informations from the server xml files. Note that if radio::station() is empty the classic method is used wich request a password. Then if the password is not corect you get a "Unauthorized ..." error wich is automaticly replaced with station name from the configuration file.

So if you enable xml stats to the public and the password if the one for used "admin" will have to work.

If you request a feature have to be added first in the mx version and then backported since features can't be added direct to backports. Same for bug fixes.
Old 21st April 2008, 21:58   #29
IceRadioDJBlade

No I mean, the one that you posted had that information flowing to it correctly, but there was no display of it on the front end. (In other words, the script HAD this information but wasn't publishing it). I actually am right now making a version that includes this information, along with other information that standalone users will find useful to be displayed up front, such as the current listener count and title.

I also corrected some of your spelling errors (I realize, being from Romania, your English is not perfect, so I can't blame you for this.) Right now there's only one problem, the listener count does not refresh. But I'm looking into it and I plan to post it when/if I figure it out.

P.S. If you could help me with this I'd love it because I barely have any idea of what I'm doing XD
Old 21st April 2008, 22:22   #30
OryNider

You can do in "includes" folder, files for every stat based on cur_song.php and clone the ajax script function to read them. Then you make all informations scroll in the song tile like in WinAMP.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:34   #31
IceRadioDJBlade

Could you tell me specifically how to do this? Because whatever I try doesn't work.

I want to make the listeners count update at the same rate as the Current Song updates. What I did was copy the cur_song.php and renamed it cur_listeners.php

Then, in cur_listeners.php I replaced the portion at the bottom with this:
PHP Code:
<?php
if($radio->listners())
{
    echo 
'<span style="font-weight : bold;">'.$radio->listners().'</span>';
}
else
{
    echo 
'<span style="font-weight : bold;">'.$listn[7].'</span>';
}
?>
Then, in detectscript.htm I added this under the "checksong" function:
PHP Code:
function checklisteners(){
    var xmlHttp;
    try{    
        xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
    }
    catch (e){
        try{
            xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
        }
        catch (e){
            try{
                xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
            }
            catch (e){
                return false;
            }
        }
    }
    xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function(){
        if(xmlHttp.readyState == 4){
            document.getElementById('currentlisteners').innerHTML = xmlHttp.responseText;
            setTimeout('checklisteners()',15900);
        }
    }
    xmlHttp.open("GET","<?=$module_root_path;?>includes/cur_listeners.<?=$phpEx;?>",true);
    xmlHttp.send(null);
}
(Its the same function, only with the name changed and referred to cur_listeners.php)

Could you please tell me what to do next? Or if I'm even doing the right thing? I have no idea and it hasn't changed anything.

(Please keep in mind I only understand basic HTML so in all honesty I have barely any idea of what I'm doing.)

Also, OryNider I added you on Yahoo, could you please accept me so I can talk to you more directly?
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:55   #32
OryNider

Oh, there is much more work to add this features to the player. The way informations are diplayed like now song name have to be changed or else the text will be on more lines and the player will look messed up. I allready thinked on some ways this "display" can be done.

There is such thing "$listn[7]" only inside the function listners() since this var is not a global var, this ia why is returned by $radio->listners(). In case radio::listners() is returnig null you can use $currentlisteners wich can return a error if password is bad and in this case to be replaced with $text[2] wich does not require a pasword.

I will add this code in getinfo.php

PHP Code:
if (preg_match("/Unauthorized/"$currentlisteners)) 
{

$currentlisteners $radio->listners();
}

$currentlisteners  = empty($currentlisteners) ? $text[2] : $currentlisteners
So that we can echo $currentlisteners allways.
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:17   #33
OryNider

I managed to add the features but work only on ie7 or ie8 so I may drop them. You can see here.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:59   #34
IceRadioDJBlade

Please, if you could send me the files for that player you linked, I could add the portion I need to mine and put it on these forums. Your listener count updates itself actively where mine doesn't

This is how it looks now. It's totally ready if not for the fact that the listener count doesn't refresh like the title does.

P.S. Why do my links show up as "URL submitted by user"?
http://ice.wise-projects.com/scripts/radioplayer/
Old 24th April 2008, 08:57   #35
OryNider

You version don't work on firefox too. I will fix bug on my version and then attach the new revizion.
Old 24th April 2008, 15:30   #36
OryNider

[Release] RadioPlayer 3.0.2

Hmm, someone played with my post

- Version 3.0.2 - Added scolling title to the player display bar
plus more stats are displayed on the player.

Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v3.02.zip (152.9 KB, 1176 views)
Old 24th April 2008, 21:42   #37
IceRadioDJBlade

This one doesn't grab the Listener Peak or Current Listeners. Always show up as 0

http://ice.wise-projects.com/scripts/radioplayer2/
Old 25th April 2008, 01:46   #38
OryNider

Seems like your shotcast server is not refreshing the stats in index.html from were the radio class is grabing the infos.

You can fix it by adding at the end of getinfo.php:

$currentlisteners = $text[2];

This way my alternative method will be used from 7.html ...

I will try to do develop this a little more next week couse I go out town now, and then I will create some more exceptions.
Old 25th April 2008, 03:16   #39
OryNider

I changed my mind and I post the fix now
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v3.02.zip (153.0 KB, 1485 views)
Old 25th April 2008, 05:42   #40
IceRadioDJBlade

Somehow the config.php file got screwed up in that zip file Ory just posted. Here's a fixed one. Unzip it to the "includes" folder and overwrite. Then add server details, etc. like usual.

If you try to use the old one its like LOLNO PHP ERROR FAIL etc.
Attached Files
File Type: rar config.rar (587 Bytes, 1207 views)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions