Old 22nd December 2008, 22:07   #121
drknas

Send a message via ICQ to drknas
Quote:
Originally posted by pacoelflaco
Hi, I'm using 4.1 and titles doesnt work, only appears "Checking for song title..."

I did something wrong?
Maybe an error in the config. Attach the config as a file and il can check it out.
drknas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:58   #122
pacoelflaco

Here's my config files
Attached Files
File Type: rar config.rar (1.9 KB, 478 views)
pacoelflaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 12:29   #123
drknas

Quote:
Here's my config files
Cant find any errors in the config. Does the music start when u press play?
Old 24th December 2008, 15:51   #124
pacoelflaco

Yes, it starts... but only appears Checking for song title...
Old 24th December 2008, 18:46   #125
drknas

Quote:
Yes, it starts... but only appears Checking for song title...
Does the shoutcast server run on the same server as the web server?
Old 24th December 2008, 23:56   #126
pacoelflaco

nope, there are different servers
Old 25th December 2008, 14:45   #127
Master_midnite

Player Problems ???

I am also experiencing some issues with your player goor sir.

1) I get no track info or listener count on the player
2) I have to click play to start the music ? ( well the play arrow on the player )

How does the script grab the playlist or current song without accessing the shoutcast admin section ? To me that makes sense that it would need to get the XML data from there no ?

Please advise ... I love your player but would like to see everything working as intended good sir

Midnite
Master_midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 21:10   #128
drknas

When the script cant connect or grab the caster data (e.g. title, genre...) it thinks the server is offline and dosnt try to play the stream.

lets say for ex like my setup is.
My caster is runing behind a firewall/router on a separate computer: 192.168.x.30
My webserver is also behind a firewall/router on a separate computer: 192.168.x.50
Then we have the firewall/router computer:
internal ip: 192.168.x.90
external: example.yes.it.is

U have setup your radioplayer script to
$caster_ip = "example.yes.it.is";

Then u tell your friends about your cool radio and give them the adress to your site. They fire up their webbrowser and surf to your site and starts the radioplayer...
This is what happens
user(asks for the ip example.yes.it.is)--> router/firewall(says here is the webserver 192.168.x.50) --> webserver
and the webserver says
"hey a pretty user... i need to get some data from the caster server before i serv the webpage."
so the webserver does
weberver(asks for example.yes.it.is:8000) --> router/firewall(says well i cant find that ip on the internal network) --> !poop!
weserver thinks
"hmm... no answer at example.yes.it.is:8000, well i serv the webpage anyway and say its offline"
webserver --> router/firewall --> user
then the user goes
"wtf the server aint offline"
and press play anyway
user(asks for example.yes.it.is:8000)--> router/firewall(says hmmm... port 8000 on the external inface... it should be redirected to 192.168.x.30:8000) --> caster(says YAY!!! a user and starts to stream)

This is why i have two more options at the bottom of the config
$caster_internal_ip = "192.168.x.30";
$caster_internal_port = "8000";
So the webserver can ask for the correct internal ip.

Hope this will help...
Old 30th December 2008, 09:16   #129
Swiftie

Wonder if someone can help me.

I've just read up on the topic & I wonder how easy it would be to just have this player embeded on a web page?

Either that or get the player to pop out automatically from a link such as http://www.domain.com/radio/radioplayer.php or something alike.
Swiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:15   #130
drknas

Quote:
Originally posted by Swiftie
Wonder if someone can help me.

I've just read up on the topic & I wonder how easy it would be to just have this player embeded on a web page?

Either that or get the player to pop out automatically from a link such as http://www.domain.com/radio/radioplayer.php or something alike.
I quess this should work like u wanted. If u downloaded the package u would have noticed that this is how it normaly opens.
PHP Code:
<html>
<
head>
<
script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function 
radio_player() {

props=window.open('radioplayer.php?lang=&z=wmp&config=config''poppage''toolbars=0, scrollbars=0, location=0, statusbars=0, menubars=0, resizable=1, width=320, height=142 left = 100, top = 100');
}
// -->
</script>
<title>Radio Player</title>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<br><br>
<a href="javascript:radio_player()">Radio player</a>
</center>
</body>
</html> 
Old 31st December 2008, 10:58   #131
djhiggsy

Hi i dont know if this is me being picky or not but how come it takes about 6 seconds for the music to actually start playing after the player is loaded.. is this because of buffering or can we someone make this connect a bit quicker?

Thanks in advnace

DjHiggsy
djhiggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 13:06   #132
drknas

Quote:
Originally posted by djhiggsy
Hi i dont know if this is me being picky or not but how come it takes about 6 seconds for the music to actually start playing after the player is loaded.. is this because of buffering or can we someone make this connect a bit quicker?

Thanks in advnace

DjHiggsy
Yes this is due to buffering an maybe some latency in traffic. Try using a nother caster that can do a burst at start. Dont know if shoutcast can do it. Icecast do it as default.

// Drknas
Old 31st December 2008, 13:35   #133
djhiggsy

burst? and thanks for the quicky reply loving the player you guys made just if only i could get rid of that 6 seconds,, what makes me skeptical is the fact that when you tune in via winamp it tunes in straight away lol

Anyway ill check it out and reply to you

Thanks again

Higgsy

Edit: Seems a long time for it to connect
Old 31st December 2008, 15:29   #134
djhiggsy

nope still takes ages to connect
Old 31st December 2008, 19:12   #135
djhiggsy

Sorry about the spam but with Flash player installed it loads instantly but when you dont have flash installed and it uses the Windows media plugin it takes about 6 seconds to load is there anyway around this please?

Thanks

higgsy

Ps. is there any chance we can add a volume bar to this?

sorry about all the posts and shit i just love the prog so much
Old 31st December 2008, 23:49   #136
drknas

Then i guess it would be the time that the browser loads the embedded players.

And volume control could be added. Im not that good with java thoo. A lot of coding for the different players has to be done. I will have this in mind when i release the next version. Would be nice if i could get in contact with the original creator of the player... He made the most parts of the java stuf that is the backbone of the player.

//DrKnas
Old 1st January 2009, 01:52   #137
djhiggsy

Yeah but the player loads instantly its weird. everything loads instantly apart from the radio playing which takes about 6 seconds i know for a fact that if you just embedd a Windows media player plugin to your website it loads instantly so i dont know what it can be....

Higgsy
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:51   #138
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally posted by drknas
I quess this should work like u wanted. If u downloaded the package u would have noticed that this is how it normaly opens.
PHP Code:
<html>
<
head>
<
<!--
function 
radio_player() {

props=window.open('radioplayer.php?lang=&z=wmp&config=config''poppage''toolbars=0, scrollbars=0, location=0, statusbars=0, menubars=0, resizable=1, width=320, height=142 left = 100, top = 100');
}
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<br><br>
</center>
</body>
</html> 
this player is about perfect for what i've been looking for. only, when i think "embed" i would love the player itself to be embedded into my page.

i'm using joomla 1.5.8 and have the test setup at http://www.renegaderadio.net/community - how do i get the player itself to be on the page w/a click under it to put it on it's own?

possible?
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 19:37   #139
icebergslim

we stuck it in an iframe and everything works out perfectly now. it's the exact solution i was looking for, sans a "real" eq bouncing around but this will work.

my question is - who owns this app? i'd love to make a joomla module out of it for people like me who want it and i have some joomla developers who'd be intrested in selling the mod w/the app, but i don't wanna steal someone elses work. i suppose we could figure it out too and make some other players which we're likely to do soon also.

anyway - thanks so much for this player! i was about to lose it looking for one!
Old 4th January 2009, 21:12   #140
drknas

Quote:
Originally posted by icebergslim
we stuck it in an iframe and everything works out perfectly now. it's the exact solution i was looking for, sans a "real" eq bouncing around but this will work.

my question is - who owns this app? i'd love to make a joomla module out of it for people like me who want it and i have some joomla developers who'd be intrested in selling the mod w/the app, but i don't wanna steal someone elses work. i suppose we could figure it out too and make some other players which we're likely to do soon also.

anyway - thanks so much for this player! i was about to lose it looking for one!
If i understand the history of this player right. It was developed at the start as a module for a webportal then it was converted to a stand alone player to be used with any webpage. Im happy that u got i working. =)

The first i saw when i started pooking around in the code was the GNU General Public License left by the developers before me. I will keep it this way as long as i develop it. If u want u could always donate to speed up the next release...
Old 14th January 2009, 03:40   #141
Swiftie

Quote:
PHP Code:
<html>
<
head>
<
<!--
function 
radio_player() {

}
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<br><br>
</center>
</body>
</html> 
Yes, I did notice the JS to pop up the player. I wanted to sort of embed it on a page. But its ok. Its better as a stand alone player on a pop up anyways. Many thanks for replying to my question.
Old 14th January 2009, 03:52   #142
icebergslim

Quote:
Yes, I did notice the JS to pop up the player. I wanted to sort of embed it on a page. But its ok. Its better as a stand alone player on a pop up anyways. Many thanks for replying to my question.
i'm working on getting this to be a joomla module for a lot of people so more can use it. far and away the best solution i've seen so far. here's the code i use in a joomla module to embed it properly:

<p style="text-align: center"><iframe src="http://www.renegaderadio.net/community/radioplayer/radioplayer.php?lang=&amp;z=wmp&amp;config=config" frameborder="0" width="320" scrolling="no" height="140">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe></p>
Old 16th January 2009, 06:08   #143
razametal

Send a message via ICQ to razametal Send a message via AIM to razametal Send a message via Yahoo to razametal
Request for next version

Hi drknas,

Your radioplayer is a great app contratulations for the good job. radioplayer works fine with shoutcast and
icecast2.

Please check my translation to spanish:
http://www.radioshockonline.com/radi.../lang_main.txt

I've one request for the next version, if it is possible of course.

The main player window have some info like:

Listening
Genre
Bitrate

And the last is one text grabbed from display_config.php:
code:

// Forth info
$forthinfo = "My Radio";

It is possible to have the "Stream Title" and not the label grabbed from display_config.php?

The last one feature request is related with the icecast2 support, it is posible to make radioplayer show the stream info of the fallback mount when the main is not streaming?

Last edited by razametal; 16th January 2009 at 06:48.
razametal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 20:41   #144
aktiveradio

Apple support??

Does this not work on the Mac with Firefox?
aktiveradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 00:32   #145
razametal

Send a message via ICQ to razametal Send a message via AIM to razametal Send a message via Yahoo to razametal
Re: Apple support??

Quote:
Originally posted by aktiveradio
Does this not work on the Mac with Firefox?
I'm using firefox on Debian GNU/Linux and works great.
Old 19th January 2009, 02:12   #146
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
Heeey.

A question about PHP players.

I upload them.

I try to run them and they never seem to work.

I have tried leaving them in domain files, and running them in public HTML files of my domain.

Is there something really stupid Im doing here?

(probably a couple of things, but one step at a time for me LOL)

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:58   #147
itprotj

All settings are correct for me, Whenever i click: radio player and the popup launches im waiting AGES for it to display anything.. Weird.
itprotj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 08:43   #148
Metaltome

Great player! The only issue is that it never pulls in the track information. It just keeps scrolling:

Checking for song title...

The stream starts fine. I've made sure the config is set correctly. I've followed all directions in this forum thread as well, so I'm a bit stumped. Any ideas?
Metaltome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:25   #149
kkaras

aac+

I have shoutcast aac+ stream.Now i have a lot of problems with my listenders beacuse they don't like (don't know how) to install anything, so i need better solution for aac+. Is aac+ format supported in this player. I'd like to install player on my site, i have Joomla 1.5. CMs system.
kkaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 11:21   #150
Swiftie

For the next version, can we have it so that when you click on the EQ, or CD Cover. It opens up the link in a new window please? Because at the moment it's opening in the same window (pop up)

I'm looking to see if I can edit the link code myself so that there's a
PHP Code:
target="_blank" 
attribute.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:26   #151
drknas

Sorry for not being so active latly. I have recently moved to a new apartment and i havent set up my server or anything yet. I just got my internet connection installed. All radio player files are on my server so it will take a litle while to continue the development again. A new relese is planned soon...

// DrKnas
Old 4th February 2009, 18:38   #152
drknas

Re: Request for next version

Quote:
Originally posted by razametal
Hi drknas,

Your radioplayer is a great app contratulations for the good job. radioplayer works fine with shoutcast and
icecast2.

Please check my translation to spanish:
http://www.radioshockonline.com/radi.../lang_main.txt

I've one request for the next version, if it is possible of course.

The main player window have some info like:

Listening
Genre
Bitrate
Do u want more info displayed or do u want to change the current ones, couse thoose can be edited with the pre defined variables in display_config.php.
Quote:

And the last is one text grabbed from display_config.php:
code:

// Forth info
$forthinfo = "My Radio";

It is possible to have the "Stream Title" and not the label grabbed from display_config.php?
I guess u mean u want the browser windows title to display the stream title? That could be done with som more java. Il will look in to that...
Quote:

The last one feature request is related with the icecast2 support, it is posible to make radioplayer show the stream info of the fallback mount when the main is not streaming?
I guess that to could be done. im not running any fallback mounts on my server so it will be a litle hard to make it work but i will look at that to...

// DrKnas
Old 4th February 2009, 18:39   #153
drknas

Quote:
Originally posted by Brutish Sailor
Heeey.

A question about PHP players.

I upload them.

I try to run them and they never seem to work.

I have tried leaving them in domain files, and running them in public HTML files of my domain.

Is there something really stupid Im doing here?

(probably a couple of things, but one step at a time for me LOL)
Do u have php support on your webserver?

//DrKnas
Old 4th February 2009, 18:42   #154
drknas

Quote:
For the next version, can we have it so that when you click on the EQ, or CD Cover. It opens up the link in a new window please? Because at the moment it's opening in the same window (pop up)

I'm looking to see if I can edit the link code myself so that there's a
PHP Code:
target="_blank" 
attribute.
Il fix that in the next release.
// DrKnas
Old 5th February 2009, 15:13   #155
razametal

Re: Re: Request for next version

Quote:
Do u want more info displayed or do u want to change the current ones, couse thoose can be edited with the pre defined variables in display_config.php.

I guess u mean u want the browser windows title to display the stream title? That could be done with som more java. Il will look in to that...
No. I want an additional info displayed into the player. The info is "Stream Title" that is displayed on Icecast status. Actually I can display the current users, the genre, bitrate, etc. But is not posible to make the "Stream Title" data displayed.

Quote:
I guess that to could be done. im not running any fallback mounts on my server so it will be a litle hard to make it work but i will look at that to...

// DrKnas
Great Thank you again.
Old 6th February 2009, 08:57   #156
drknas

Re: Re: Re: Request for next version

Quote:
Originally posted by razametal
No. I want an additional info displayed into the player. The info is "Stream Title" that is displayed on Icecast status. Actually I can display the current users, the genre, bitrate, etc. But is not posible to make the "Stream Title" data displayed.
If im not mistaken the stream title is in a pre defined variabel ($a) so u can use that variabel in "first, second..." info. It wont scrool if its that u want?

// DrKnas

Last edited by drknas; 6th February 2009 at 09:15.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:25   #157
razametal

Stream Title on icecast is like the station name. The variable $a shows the Current Song.
Old 8th February 2009, 00:59   #158
DJ TONY

Send a message via Yahoo to DJ TONY
i'm looking for a player where users can pick high band or low band does can one have the codes for one like that? i really could use the help tyvm
DJ TONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 09:08   #159
drknas

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ TONY
i'm looking for a player where users can pick high band or low band does can one have the codes for one like that? i really could use the help tyvm
U can use this player and have multiple config files with different mount points or different streaming setups. U just have to point them out when linking them to the player. e.g

radioplayer.php?lang=&z=wmp&config=high_bitrate

radioplayer.php?lang=&z=wmp&config=low_bitrate

//DrKnas
Old 17th February 2009, 17:21   #160
drknas

- Version 4.1.1 - Misc typos fixed. Added Spanish language. Added more
variables in the display config for ice cast. Added basic php checks
for needed functions. Added "_blank" to the html part of the cd cover
getter.
February 17, 2009 DrKnas
Attached Files
File Type: zip radioplayer_v4.1.1.zip (121.1 KB, 461 views)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions