Old 2nd December 2012, 02:48   #121
nwgator

I'm currently getting a lot of these....
PHP Code:
2012-12-01 18:41:19    I    msg:[DST 208.20.225.130:61599 sid=2SHOUTcast 1 client connection acceptedMozilla/5.0
-12-01 18:41:19    E    msg:[DST 208.20.225.130:61599 sid=2Socket error while waiting to send dataerr=Connection reset by peer(104)
2012-12-01 18:41:19    I    msg:[DST 208.20.225.130:61599 sid=2SHOUTcast 1 client connection closed (0 seconds) [Bytes35040Agent: `Mozilla/5.0'
2012-12-01 18:41:21    I    msg:[DST scdp-m01.websys.aol.com:7774 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 client connection accepted. SHOUTcast Metadata Puller
2012-12-01 18:41:21    E    msg:[DST scdp-m01.websys.aol.com:7774 sid=1] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Connection reset by peer(104) 
I'm not able to tune in via my second stream, but the stream on sid 1 is working fine... any ideas?
Old 2nd December 2012, 21:05   #122
DrO

i don't know about the first connection, the second one is used by the site when people are playing your stream via the site player.

as for stream #2 not working, is anything shown on the admin pages in the DNAS as they may give a clue as those 5 lines give me nothing to base things on. the only other things i can suggest is if you're using streampath that there is a / at the front (as per the docs).

-daz
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:51   #123
nwgator

For some odd reason, AAC+ streams aren't opening on Windows Media Player on Windows 8, when they did previously... They still open on Windows 7 machines, however.
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:53   #124
DJ_MELERIX

for that you have to contact directly with M$
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:50   #125
DrO

well i can confirm that AAC streams (using ADTS-AAC) no longer play in WMP12 on Windows 8 yet a local file using the same format will work.

all i'm seeing is suggestions to install codec packs (not something i recommend unless you can absolutely trust them) though i'm not sure if that is appropriate or not.

the only thing i can otherwise think off is that the AAC data needs to be wrapped in a mp4 container (aka m4a) but that's still some way off happening (and is something i believe with some other changes would help in improving support with flash and html5 based players).

-daz
Old 7th December 2012, 01:10   #126
nwgator

Yeah, that would definitely work better for things such as flash players. Haven't seen one that supports this format AAC yet. But it's been quite some time since I've looked.

It's just odd, because I could have sworn at [Windows 8] launch it worked, and now it doesn't. Maybe I'm going crazy lol.
Old 7th December 2012, 01:27   #127
DrO

AAC is supported by Flash as long as it's in an MP4 container or it's a local file from what i remember. it's just that for SHOUTcast we use ADTS-AAC which is the raw AAC frame with a 7 byte header from what i remember which helps for streaming it (dunno why that was chosen other than it was as doing AAC in MP4 containers seems to be the norm - can only assume it was due to the overhead being less as it's only 7 bytes away from the raw AAC) which in hindsight maybe wasn't the best of things for accessibility but alas that's where we are now.

other than trying things out on Win8, that's as far as i got in trying to work out what / why it's not working, unless it's some licensing issue or something inane like that.

-daz
Old 29th December 2012, 20:06   #128
nwgator

Hey DrO, what would be the best workaround for Issue #1 for the time being? That seems to be all that was causing me the most issues.

Thanks for all your support thus far
Old 30th December 2012, 16:20   #129
DrO

you might be able to do something with iptables but i'm not 100% sure.

-daz
Old 31st December 2012, 21:06   #130
stepway

I still waiting for the next plublic release.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:28   #131
DrO

and i gave you a solution for how to resolve the issue you reported. clearly you don't seem to have understood the hint i made.

-daz
Old 1st January 2013, 17:40   #132
burnetto

@stepway

You cant wait ? JUST WAIT !!!! The team works hard for the release. And look at Dr0s Siganture: "***everytime someone asks about a dnas release date... it will be pushed back a month even if it was ready to be shipped***"

So please dont ask !
Old 6th January 2013, 08:39   #133
stepway

I cant wait, im lossing custommers for that. If you want, I can pay you for these fix.
Old 6th January 2013, 20:09   #134
DrO

and i cannot give out a new build. that is why i told you how to fix it for the issue you are having. if you're still not following what i said to do then revert to use the v1 DNAS until a public build with the fix is released.

blaming us for loss of revenue when there is an alternative is not something that we can be held accountable for as per the TOS you agree to by using the DNAS.

i'd love to have a new version available but what is needed to resolve all of the issues is not done yet and until that is then there is not going to be a new DNAS version however much people complain and keep pestering as pushing things out before they were 100% ready has led to issues like you have having made it into the releases. and based on other things i've seen, most people don't want to upgrade as they're so stuck on preserving 'peak' listener values rather than running safe and stable software (which nether of the public DNAS builds currently are able to do both aspects).

-daz
Old 7th January 2013, 03:45   #135
stepway

So you dont want money?
Old 7th January 2013, 09:29   #136
DrO

fine, as you completely seem to not have bothered to read the instructions i posted to work around the issue with build 29, i'll give you a fixed build 29 at cost. but i don't know what OS version of the DNAS you're using so until i know that there is nothing i can provide you. am now waiting on your response...

-daz
Old 8th January 2013, 00:23   #137
nwgator

Well dang, I didn't know we could do that! Lol, only kidding. From my experience with this build it's not all that unstable, aside from issue #1. I haven't got 'round to messing with iptables yet.... As the issue only occurs rarely - maybe once a day, but not every day (Honestly, there's no pattern at all as to when there's a problem...) - I'm not too concerned. If it happened every 10 minutes maybe I would be.

As for the listener peaks and such, could there be a way the yp stores all that based on the auth hash? Just a thought. Even then, if the station was popular, they shouldn't have an issue meeting their peak again. -.-
Old 8th January 2013, 00:38   #138
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgator View Post
Well dang, I didn't know we could do that! Lol, only kidding. From my experience with this build it's not all that unstable, aside from issue #1.
modifying the DNAS program file isn't allowed. however, since it'd be me doing it then i can. i only mentioned what to do in order to save me work but if stepway wants to pay for it to be done then who am i to say no (even though it could have been done a month ago by whoever but not knowing the OS version has hindered that).

you'd love the build i've got at the moment, uses less cpu and is more responsive with large numbers of listeners for the linux builds. only issue is it randomly locks up and stops processing network connections *joy* this is one of the things that needs to be resolved before a new release as this should put the v2 DNAS on a better footing with v1 / Icecast with the handling of larger listener numbers.

Quote:
As for the listener peaks and such, could there be a way the yp stores all that based on the auth hash? Just a thought. Even then, if the station was popular, they shouldn't have an issue meeting their peak again. -.-
i keep hearing this cropping up how people want to preserve their 'peak' listener number even if it was from a few years prior. though i guess this stems from trying to blag-it on advertising by going "ooh we max out our server so give us $$$+++" (cynical i know but it sadly seems true in a lot of cases).

either way, i've put some thought into it but my main issue is it could be open to abuse by being edited when it shouldn't, etc (and storing in the YP isn't ideal unless we start requesting the DNAS send it plus it doesn't cover off private DNAS). so restoring of the peak listener total for streams _may_ happen but i'm not guaranteeing it.

-daz
Old 8th January 2013, 04:49   #139
nwgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
modifying the DNAS program file isn't allowed. however, since it'd be me doing it then i can. i only mentioned what to do in order to save me work but if stepway wants to pay for it to be done then who am i to say no (even though it could have been done a month ago by whoever but not knowing the OS version has hindered that).

you'd love the build i've got at the moment, uses less cpu and is more responsive with large numbers of listeners for the linux builds. only issue is it randomly locks up and stops processing network connections *joy* this is one of the things that needs to be resolved before a new release as this should put the v2 DNAS on a better footing with v1 / Icecast with the handling of larger listener numbers.
Hmm... Is that the only thing that's left is that issue? That's sort of the issue I'm having, actually. Is it frequent or just once in a day or so?

Quote:
i keep hearing this cropping up how people want to preserve their 'peak' listener number even if it was from a few years prior. though i guess this stems from trying to blag-it on advertising by going "ooh we max out our server so give us $$$+++" (cynical i know but it sadly seems true in a lot of cases).

either way, i've put some thought into it but my main issue is it could be open to abuse by being edited when it shouldn't, etc (and storing in the YP isn't ideal unless we start requesting the DNAS send it plus it doesn't cover off private DNAS). so restoring of the peak listener total for streams _may_ happen but i'm not guaranteeing it.
Not a big deal to me, but I'm sure others will be happy to hear. I'll take a stable product over a stupid number any day. And plus, all they have to do is write down the number.... most advertisers aren't going to check the DNAS status page to find the number. :/
Old 8th January 2013, 06:25   #140
stepway

Quote:
fine, as you completely seem to not have bothered to read the instructions i posted to work around the issue with build 29, i'll give you a fixed build 29 at cost. but i don't know what OS version of the DNAS you're using so until i know that there is nothing i can provide you. am now waiting on your response...

-daz
Centos 6 x86_64
how much you want?
Old 8th January 2013, 10:02   #141
DrO

Quote:
Hmm... Is that the only thing that's left is that issue? That's sort of the issue I'm having, actually. Is it frequent or just once in a day or so?
that's the main issue i've got for it currently. though what i think you're seeing is a variation since this is from using new code and it's not the DNAS crashing as such as it'll still accept external signals to reload configuration files, etc, is just that it stops accepting any network connections.

whereas the issue which i think you're likely having is due to a memory corruption which then causes the DNAS to completely fail after an indeterminate number of connections (typically after handling large numbers of client connections (> 300) continuously for extended periods of time).

Quote:
Not a big deal to me, but I'm sure others will be happy to hear. I'll take a stable product over a stupid number any day. And plus, all they have to do is write down the number.... most advertisers aren't going to check the DNAS status page to find the number. :/
well i put in place logging of the peak #'s for the streams on exit into the log output over the weekend so it is trackable from the logs in a more simple-manner.

-daz
Old 8th January 2013, 19:58   #142
nwgator

Quote:
that's the main issue i've got for it currently. though what i think you're seeing is a variation since this is from using new code and it's not the DNAS crashing as such as it'll still accept external signals to reload configuration files, etc, is just that it stops accepting any network connections.

whereas the issue which i think you're likely having is due to a memory corruption which then causes the DNAS to completely fail after an indeterminate number of connections (typically after handling large numbers of client connections (> 300) continuously for extended periods of time).

well i put in place logging of the peak #'s for the streams on exit into the log output over the weekend so it is trackable from the logs in a more simple-manner.

-daz
Thing is, I don't get that number of connections at any one time.... 'twould be nice if I did but alas I don't.
Old 8th January 2013, 20:07   #143
DrO

that's how i generally replicate it but it can still happen at lower numbers (10s of listeners) but it's never consistent which is why some seem it and others don't.

-daz
Old 9th January 2013, 01:41   #144
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepway View Post
Centos 6 x86_64
pm sent so is over to you now...

-daz
Old 9th January 2013, 02:42   #145
nwgator

Quote:
that's how i generally replicate it but it can still happen at lower numbers (10s of listeners) but it's never consistent which is why some seem it and others don't.

-daz
Ah, I see. Well... Keep up the good work
Old 10th January 2013, 20:18   #146
burnetto

Dr0 is doing a great job! Keep it up #Greetings from Germany
Old 11th January 2013, 19:05   #147
mavmike

Is there a fix yet for DNAS 2 with using different IPs?
We're still using 1.99 DNAS since customers require using the same port (such as 80 or 8000) on different IPs.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:00   #148
DrO

assuming you mean the binding of the DNAS to a different IP address via 'destip' (i.e. point #1 from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2790357#known) then to my knowledge the internal build will handle it correctly to the point that if the bind cannot be done then it'll just revert to what it can achieve on the machine.

if that's not what you mean then you're going to have to give me a reminder of the issue.

-daz
Old 12th January 2013, 02:24   #149
mavmike

The issue is about #1 and I don't see a fix for it yet.
Say you have eth0 as IP 1.2.3.4 and its port 8000 is already in use, so you bind DNAS 2 to use eth0:1 as IP 5.6.7.8 and still port 8000, it doesn't work. (destip = 5.6.7.8)
This is because when DNAS 2 is started up, it has some hard coded elements that try to look up at 1.2.3.4:8000 (in use) when you specifically told it to use 5.6.7.8:8000
This causes it to not work, thus limiting the use of DNAS 2 to only function correctly on 1 IP (eth0 main IP), making it impossible to sell more than one of the same port.
Nomatter what IP you tell it to use, it has that hard coded element that THINKS it is at eth0 1.2.3.4 IP address
Old 12th January 2013, 02:48   #150
DrO

of course there's not a fix for it for you to use as there's not been an updated public build released! the note in the known issues list clearly indicates it is fixed for the next public build.

to the best of my knowledge (based on my own testing and testing with a few users specifically having the issue who were able to test a number of builds quickly a few months ago), under the scenario of issue #1 the internal builds work correctly so whenever an update happens, it should work to bind to what is set for destip (unless there's something already bound - and it better handles it's own binding to resolve some of what you've covered).

-daz
Old 14th January 2013, 00:58   #151
mavmike

Problem Date: SHOUTcast DNAS 2 (Build 29) 07/31/2011
Today: 01/13/2013

1 year, 5 months and 14 days...

official answer is, keep waiting for build 30. Thanks, I just wanted to know that you guys have done nothing to fix the major issue in that lengthy period, as I asked back then.
So, forgive me if I expected a fix in nearly 18 months

I'll check back after 3 years have passed
Old 14th January 2013, 01:06   #152
DrO

if you want to wait for build 30 then go ahead but that'll never solve your issue as we're internally on build 95 at the moment and seeing as i only resolved those issues around the 8x builds a few months back, then build 30 would have done nothing for you anyway.

as for there being so long since the last public release i'm not going to go into that again - i've already explained everything numerous times so i suggest you look at my last posts about this just after christmas day (i.e. it's out of my control) and also the post a few up about what is being waited on.

or do you want me to put out a new build that fixes the destip issue but completely screws up the networking code??? as that's what you'd get right now.
Old 27th April 2013, 14:23   #153
ibenarobeno

I am having a problem with Known Issue nr 5 probably. I have set up the DNAS 2 and it acts weird. I am having around 350 simultaneous listeners and when I start the server it works just fine for some time (an hour or two) and consumes about 1-2% of CPU. Then suddenly it starts using about 40-50% of cpu (I am having 6 cores running 64bit Linux). I have to kill it and restart again. Then it all happens again - works just fine for some time and then goes mad. At night when there is smaller number of listeners it works just fine but on daytime with increased number of listeners things go bad again.

I need to support up to 2000 simultaneous listeners. How can I achieve it? Is there some kind of workaround (players have to get 1 link to the source)?
Old 27th April 2013, 15:37   #154
DrO

the only work around currently is to use extra DNAS and cluster them together to get up to the capacity of listeners you need / expect.
Old 28th April 2013, 11:18   #155
ibenarobeno

Thank you so much for the reply. How can I create a cluster of multiple server instances? Can this then be accessed via one link for (web) players?
Old 28th April 2013, 20:44   #156
dicion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibenarobeno View Post
Thank you so much for the reply. How can I create a cluster of multiple server instances? Can this then be accessed via one link for (web) players?
The way I do it is have one main server, that all my relays connect to.

Then, on the main server, use apache or nginx rewrite rules for :8000/listen.pls to forward it to this php script:

PHP Code:
<?php
$sid 
= (int)$_GET["sid"];
if (!
$sid) {

$sid 1;
}
$servers = array();
$servers[] = "http://relay1.server.com:8000/";
$servers[] = "http://relay2.server.com:8000/";
$servers[] = "http://relay3.server.com:8000/";

do {

$index array_rand($servers);

$server $servers[$index];
        unset(
$servers[$index]);
}
while (
count($servers) && !stream_available($server$sid));

if (empty(
$servers))
        die(
"No streams available!");

$pls $server."listen.pls?sid=".$sid;

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=listen.pls');
header("Content-type: audio/x-scpls");
@
readfile($pls);

function 
stream_available($url$sid) {

$xml simplexml_load_file($url."stats?sid=".$sid);
        if (!
$xml)
                return 
false;
        if (!
$xml->STREAMSTATUS)
                return 
false;

return 
true;
}
?>
That will split the load up between the relay servers, you can put in additional qualifiers in there as well, etc, to remove servers as needed when you hit a certain capacity and such.

For a web-player, I run a bit different code, similar to the above, that pulls the xml from the server and verifies listeners and that the stream is up, then loads the player with the appropriate stream url.

Quick and dirty semi-load balancing.

I also have similar scripts for asx and m3u extentions.
Old 29th April 2013, 03:40   #157
ibenarobeno

Wonderful! Thank you so much! Would you mind sharing the *.m3u version as well if it is different. How does the nginx rewrite rule look like?
Old 29th April 2013, 03:55   #158
ibenarobeno

Also would be very grateful if you could share the code for web players. As how it works for me, is that I have web player that will have the direct link to the stream plus a link for desktop players to manually created m3u file pointing to the same link.
Old 4th May 2013, 18:27   #159
MyStEk

Are there any plans for new build-versions? Is it just the beta?
Old 4th May 2013, 19:15   #160
DrO

the current build is not classified as a beta (despite everyone referring to it as that). there were plans to have a new build out last year but other projects have taken precedence (and most of the issues can be worked around anyway). so once again, there is no eta on when there will be a new build (is completely out of my hands).
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions