Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 23rd November 2013, 08:25   #41
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
The Teleconference is an Mp3 file you can Download in which there was a conversation all about AAC+. And as far as broadcastimg software you will see NextKast on their site. Why do you care about a soon to be defunct DSP anyway just think its odd.

The reason I made it clear they didnt invent Icecast was that surely AOL would try and somehow twist things. Look I am not the bad guy here. Sorry the ship your defending is like the Titanic. No need to worry if one likes the older DSP which is all over the net. we all need to know all options now that Winamp and Shoutcast is fading. For a Real broadcaster dedicated Broadcast software is the way to go. At the end of it all when Shoutcast and Winamp dies the developers will move to greener pastures just like many other projects not looking bact to Shoutcast.

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:45   #42
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoohippie View Post
Sorry the ship your defending is like the Titanic.
I'm not defending AOL/Winamp/Shoutcast having not shoutcasted (that's a word you know) in over 2 years - I've only kept coming back to this forum for NSIS stuff really, but I like to see what's happening in the world of shoutcast, seeing as I did take over (and abandoned) edcast development

When I do come back to broadcasting, it most likely will be with my own server software (which works with shoutcast DSP v1 and v2, both audio and video, and plays well with all common players, including natively in flash, because it's also a Flash Media Server clone) and my own encoder software - the only thing missing is "YP" stuff - but shoutcast YP hasn't exactly been reliable anyway

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 16:56   #43
streamfinder

I don't think it is all that bad... Even if AOL discontinues WinAmp I doubt they will sunset the Shoutcast directory (yp) - they get too much traffic and ad views on that site to shut it down. Just wouldn't make business sense.

And the software you bought still works - you are able to stream using shoutcast and run your radio station. You can get listed in other directories like vtuner, tunein and streamfinder (see my sig ;-).

Even if shoutcast goes down there are icecast, steamcast and other server apps you can use. If YP goes down I will build a new one and let everybody point their radio stations to it.

No need to "fml" !

---------------------------------------------------

StreamFinder.com - Add your radio station to our free directory - get more exposure and listeners
streamfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 03:24   #44
Azoto85

Our company provides solutions with Shoutcast 2.0 and Auto-DJ with mp3. It's impossible by now to buy a Broadcaster Mp3 License, how does it works for the short feature? How can we stream MP3 without this key?

We are moving to Icecast and Icecast-kh for now, but we need to know when this license can be available or the Shoutcast DNAS 2 will be patched for this feature
Azoto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 03:32   #45
Azoto85

What about the mp3 broadcaster key in the short feature?
Azoto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 15:35   #46
neralex
Major Dude

Its hard to understand what AOL here does. It would make me sad if Winamp and Shoutcast is closed. I hope that DrO will continue to develop both, and he finds a new home for both projects.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 17:58   #47
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
He should give AOFail the finger and re brand SC2 get rid of Auth hash and make it more user friendly live 1.9.8 was. I think all you stream hosts need to go back to 1.9.8 DNAS till this gets fixed IF EVER or just move to Ivecast V2 KH.

If you really dont think someone will patch SC2 to not need a license lol think again its all over Torrent sites around the globe and maybe p2p sites. AOFail dont care about Internet Radio anymore but there own music services they may open.

Nullsoft was great years ago but give something to AOFail and you know what to expect.

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 13:22   #48
DrO

yet i actually believe in the authhash system as it provides a fixed reference point which then means v2 based listings are stable and not flakey like anything coming from a v1.x DNAS.

as all of the YP issues relate to v1.x based listings and trying to ensure they maintain the stationid, etc when there's no fixed point of reference which is the reason for the authhash system.

and things were changed to all be in-DNAS so people didn't have to go through the mess of signing up for things which they repeatedly said they didn't want to do when the authhash system was first implemented (some did, but the majority didn't and so that's what happened).

the issue was more that the first iteration of the in-DNAS implementation wasn't as solid as it should have been and i wasn't able to fix it quickly enough before being moved onto other projects (though the v2.2 appears to have resolved those problems for the main part i.e. it'll auto-generate and is more v1.x like).

and lets clarify something else, it is _only_ sc_trans which requires a paid license and that is purely to handle MP3 encoding, the DNAS does not need that and bar any YP specific aspects, like all of the DNAS releases, if you set it to be private, it's off the grid and will just run irrespective of the rumours that are being floating around.

and the removal of the MP3 unlock buying access should not have happened and is meant to be being restored.

and if you have a license already, then it will work and will always work as long as it's in the config file as there is _no_ server-side look up, hence it being able to be run happily on a LAN only setup.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 13:38   #49
Atnevon

Send a message via ICQ to Atnevon Send a message via AIM to Atnevon Send a message via Yahoo to Atnevon
That's good info DrO. I'm sure a lot of people will be relieved by it.

Now we just need to see what announcement are made this week about Shoutcast, if any.
Atnevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 13:46   #50
ItTakesTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and the removal of the MP3 unlock buying access should not have happened and is meant to be being restored.
Good to hear! And in the meantime we could buy a MP3 license here http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/win...ctID.165220700 or am I wrong?
ItTakesTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 14:24   #51
DrO

that is a valid link (not one we were aware off bizarrely enough) so that will allow you to get it whilst waiting on the normal shop link to be re-enabled.
Old 26th November 2013, 16:01   #52
Obsdark

Shoutcast Future???

Good Days

I'm not sure where i can post this but, since Winamp is no longer be part of AOL i wanna ask what's gonna happend with Shoutcast services (radio & tv) i used to see them, it was cool & aparently now are going to be close forever.

But i wanna know if there is any discussion out ther about this topic, i don't like the idea of lose Shoutcast services but i would LOVE the idea of experiment a little bit with this Tech,

is there any relased code of Shoutcast arround? or something like that? i really love Shoutcast keep alive btw

Thanks for everything

-Obsdark-
Obsdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 16:48   #53
Jkey
Forum King

Inevitability of change.

If you are a broadcaster or business owner that relies upon shoutcast technology,
Now would be a good time for plan B.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 17:02   #54
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Send a message via AIM to Tag
Hey guys,

If YP really goes down, we need to talk. I've got some ideas, bandwidth and a hex-editor.

I'm still in the streaming radio game, just not publicly (for now).

Cheers

Powered by Redbull and Progressive House
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 17:24   #55
Jkey
Forum King

I tried searching for your station a while back Tag and could not find it.

Personally I would be more interested in a shoutcaster lead future
than a microsoft one

I will keep an eye on what you trouble makers do next

Old 26th November 2013, 17:38   #56
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Jkey,

I gave my station to a long time friend and co-manager 'Milkman' Stephen Bourland. It's still on somafm.com and it's now called 'The Trip'

Powered by Redbull and Progressive House
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 17:38   #57
DrO

had wondered why the name change had happened.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:47   #58
Jkey
Forum King

I see Tag Nice to speak to you after all this time, I hope all is well in
your life.

The more I sit and think about the SHOUTcast situation, The more it sucks.
Dro has worked so hard over the past year+, it has to be a kick in the balls
if it all just gets switched off.

Old 26th November 2013, 17:59   #59
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Dro has done some impressive work, very proud of him. I had many ideas for SC2 and he seemed to nail every one of them, except for FLV wrapping.

I find it hard to believe that AOL will let Shoutcast or Winamp for that matter; die on the vine. Someone will buy them up. The Nullsoft audience is just too large to throw away.

They won't open-source it though, I can pretty much say that with certainty, even if they did, they couldn't provide any of the 3rd party licensed ($$$) Libraries. If they do just kill it off, we'll spin up a new YP with a patch script for sc_serv/2 and all will be right in the world.