Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 17:51   #1
DrO

SHOUTcast DNAS 2.2 (Build 107) 10/16/2013 *** Forum Exclusive ***

This build is our (much delayed) update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended where possible to update to this build over any previous v2.0 builds due to the stability and other compatibility improvements it provides.

This release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
  • Raspbian (Raspberry Pi)
  • Mac OS X (Intel) Not provided with this update (depends on demand if later provided)
  • BSD 8.x Not provided with this update (depends on demand if later provided)

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:Note: is currently hosted on my own hosting due to permission issues with uploading to the official hosting so rather than wait longer for an update, we'll use my hosting. - It was until someone decided to repeatedly download things... now hosted on the forums as v2.2 will not be uploaded to the main site, instead the following v2.2.1 will be...

Changes

Build 107 (10/16/2013):

See the attachment for all changes since build 29 (there are 132 noted changes and many more un-noted ones!)

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'Readme_DNAS_Server.html' and the related documentation as well as considering using the setup mode which should make it easier to get started over all prior v2.0 builds (and v1 based releases).

Finally, all current copies of the documentation are included with the installer / archive and is the recommended point of reference for this release. The information found online at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster for the DNAS server only relates to the previous v2.0 (build 29) release.

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues.

Known Issues

The following are known issues with the v2 DNAS raised in previous releases but not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
  1. The configuration builder has not been fully updated for this release i.e. not all new options are available. This will be resolved in the expected 0.0.1 release to come in the next 2 weeks (subject to change) and does not affect most configuration aspects if this mode is used.
  2. This release is as v1 DNAS compatible as has been able to do from testing / v2 requirements. If there is an obvious v1 DNAS feature / response which the v2.2 DNAS does not provide then please report along with full steps to replicate, etc.
  3. Under sustained high numbers (1000's) of concurrent client connections, the DNAS server may in rare scenarios crash / segfault. This is primarily due to the networking methods currently used not scaling as well to the 1000s of concurrent client connections as desired compared to the need for more portable code between the platform builds. This requires completion of a networking stack re-write (no eta) and should not generally happen under most expected usage (most stations never break a few 100 concurrent listeners let alone 1000s at the same time).

Additional Information

Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5582
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=2092

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
Attached Files
File Type: txt DNAS_v2_2_Changelog.txt (17.5 KB, 1517 views)
File Type: gz sc_serv2_linux_x64_10_16_2013.tar.gz (1.87 MB, 462 views)
File Type: gz sc_serv2_linux_10_16_2013.tar.gz (1.86 MB, 426 views)
File Type: gz sc_serv2_armv6_rpi_10_16_2013.tar.gz (1.59 MB, 415 views)
Old 16th October 2013, 17:56   #2
Robster400

Thanks DrO, looking forward to tinkering with this & will try to provide feedback on any bugs

Too much is never enough...
Last.fm
Old 16th October 2013, 18:00   #3
DrO

the sooner the better (if possible - i know people have real lives) as i'm hoping to be able to do a v2.2.1 within the next two weeks just to iron out any obvious kinks / doc stuff that needs changing, though hopefully there shouldn't be all that much to sort out.
Old 16th October 2013, 19:45   #4
xhilaration

Send a message via Skype™ to xhilaration
Thank you DrO!
Can't wait for the v2.2.1 but thank you for your hard work. Some are impatient & don't fully understand that you are doing this on your own time & that even you as a developer needs breaks too. You're only human & you can do so much at one time!

Again, thank you keep us updated like usual :-)

Old 16th October 2013, 21:35   #5
DrO

really there shouldn't be a need for a v2.2.1 (other than the doc / config builder aspect already noted) and anyone who can and will try out v2.2 is recommended to do so (i know most people don't want to update the DNAS but that's how we got into the mess of not knowing about intermittent actions not working, etc). we've tested everything as best as we can do but there will likely be some minor issues, but overall, v2.2 as-is is a recommended update over v2.0.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:45   #6
Robster400

Are you tinkering with yellowpages at all?, I've had a few 480's occasionally on restart with 2.2 and a simple config
Whereas beta 29 has never thrown such an error with same config.
This is on a linux vps with various other webservices running.

code:
2013-10-16 22:39:18 ERROR [YP] Stream #1 connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 [Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://37.247.50.178:8000/1) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.]

Last.fm
Old 16th October 2013, 21:51   #7
DrO

the YP hasn't been touched for almost 2 months (though i do need to deploy a fix for v2 -> v1 downgrading at some point - was meant to at the start of the week but those changes aren't complete).

i assume you've got something like streampath_1=/1 in your config? might be easier to post a copy of the config sans passwords and authhashes. as a lot has changed on the path handling of things (mainly in an attempt to make it work like a v1 DNAS where possible i.e. in single-stream setups) though how it appears to be at the moment, that should be working ok.

looks like you'll be getting a 2.2.1 with bug fixes then, heh.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:56   #8
Robster400

Current conf is as follows
code:
hidestats=0
namelookups=0
buffertype=1
adaptivebuffersize=5
password=xxxxx
adminpassword=xxxxx
portbase=8000
srcip=
dstip=
requirestreamconfigs=1
logfile=logs/sc_serv.log
w3clog=logs/sc_w3c.log
publicserver=always
banfile=sc_serv.ban
ripfile=sc_serv.rip
maxuser=300
autodumpusers=0
autodumptime_1=30
allowrelay=0

####### Stream 1 HQ #######
streamid_1=1
streampath_1=1
streammaxuser_1=200
streamauthhash_1=xxxxx

####### Stream 2 LQ #######
streamid_2=2
streampath_2=2
streammaxuser_2=100
streamauthhash_2=xxxxxx

Last.fm
Old 16th October 2013, 22:03   #9
DrO

rightio, will try it out in a bit. in the meanwhile, can you try with a / in the streampath lines e.g. streampath_1=/1 (i had made changes to remove that need but maybe something slipped through testing).
Old 16th October 2013, 22:12   #10
Robster400

Same results with amended streampath.

Also, I think there is an issue with portlegacy also, I can only lock stream 2 to v2 only, stream one states it supports v1 & v2 regardless of portlegacy=0,
I need to do a bit more looking into that before you can take that as a bug though, I may be doing an idiot on it.

Last.fm
Old 16th October 2013, 22:21   #11
DrO

re: portlegacy - is likely a message wording bug... are you looking at the 'sources' page to see that? or somewhere else. as long as the main log indicates that it's skipped / not listening for a connection on portbase+1 then v1 support disabled.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:33   #12
Robster400

Yes, that info is on the sources page, with portlegacy=0 added to the config, you see on the sources page,

Stream 1
Source Port: 8000
Legacy Source Port: -1
Password: xxxxxxxxxx
Max Bitrate Allowed: Unlimited
Protocol Mode: v1 or v2

Stream 2
Source Port: 8000
Legacy Source Port: Not specified
Password: xxxxxxx
Max Bitrate Allowed: Unlimited
Protocol Mode: v2

But you are correct, checking the log shows that v1 listening is disabled
2013-10-16 23:29:27 INFO [MICROSERVER] Legacy v1 source support not enabled

Last.fm
Old 16th October 2013, 22:35   #13
DrO

rightio, good catch. will follow up with you on the streampath issue probably tomorrow now.
Old 17th October 2013, 03:07   #14
Robster400

Bug/Feature?
Json metadata (admin.cgi?mode=viewjson&page=1&sid=1) holds now/next playing data after source has long since disconnected, and the streams are offline, as reported on admin.cgi.

The data should be cleared if no stream is active, (& populate "songtitle" with 'Offline'?) as it will provide false information that a track is playing when there are no streams, and it makes it tricky to report a offline status with js.

Last.fm
Old 17th October 2013, 09:48   #15
djcenk

Thank you for update.
But in sc_serv.log file not write a UID for disconnected users.Only writing UID for connected users.
We need connected and disconnected UID.
Regards
Cenk
Old 17th October 2013, 09:53   #16
milosz

Wow! If [new dnas version] then [my mind] = [boggled]

This is really cool. I typically have 400~500 listeners a night so this will mean greater stability for my stream, for sure, in terms of segfaults and using up all the file locks. FANTASTIC!

AND- there are so many other new features I don't even know where to begin in terms of thinking up ways to use the new possibilities!

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

I'll be implementing this real soon. Got to study it a little and test it some first, make sure I understand how to make it go.

WOW, what a JOB this must have been coding this!
Old 17th October 2013, 12:33   #17
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
a new DSP and a new DNAS, wow, very appreciated and completely unexpected!

I am curious if in a high listener dnas situation, you think a SSD would be better or worse for that? I ask b/c while I swear by SSD in general, I have heard it might not be suited to enterprise/server/multiple r/w IO tasks?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 17th October 2013, 13:31   #18
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcenk View Post
But in sc_serv.log file not write a UID for disconnected users.
Fixed for next build (change had been made but i'd not committed it for some reason ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster400 View Post
Bug/Feature?
Json metadata (admin.cgi?mode=viewjson&page=1&sid=1) holds now/next playing data after source has long since disconnected, and the streams are offline, as reported on admin.cgi.

The data should be cleared if no stream is active, (& populate "songtitle" with 'Offline'?) as it will provide false information that a track is playing when there are no streams, and it makes it tricky to report a offline status with js.
i've debated about that a bit as from testing, the v1 DNAS seemed to provide it in some cases when the source was disconnected and not in other cases (and the xml response does the same thing).

however, that is why there is the 'streamstatus' value to check if it's connected or not as i can see there being cases where knowing the last song, etc can be useful when there's no source connected (i know it's helped under debugging at times).

also you do realise that the url you're querying is the same response as hitting /stats?sid=1&json=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
Got to study it a little and test it some first, make sure I understand how to make it go.

WOW, what a JOB this must have been coding this!
if you already have a v2 setup, bar any minor issues (like Robster400 has found), it should just be a straight replacement and the same should be the case for replacing with a v1 setup (unless i've missed something as per my notes in the first post).

that's what you get with 2yrs without a public update and me mainly working on it at the weekends in the last year as time allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
I am curious if in a high listener dnas situation, you think a SSD would be better or worse for that? I ask b/c while I swear by SSD in general, I have heard it might not be suited to enterprise/server/multiple r/w IO tasks?
the only time the DNAS needs to hit drive based storage is for logging and even under high listener loads that's not going to be that much compared to the network usage (so not sure why you're asking that). if SSD's weren't suited for high disk usage activity then why are they becoming the norm in that area? am by the question.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:36   #19
Robster400

Ahh, to be fair, that makes good sense to hold old data in that case, I had overlooked the streamstatus flag, it was late

Last.fm
Old 17th October 2013, 13:43   #20
DrO

'streamstatus' afaict has been around for a while (it's also the second param in the /7.html response) and as it was in the v1 xml response, it was also in the v2.0 xml response and now the v2.2 json response (as i made sure things were mirrored).

there's some additions between v2.0 and v2.2 like the 'backupstatus' and 'dj' (which depending on if available will not be indicated) as i've tried to keep the output to just what is reliably known than dumping empty fields all the time unless really needed so as to save some bytes over the wire (along with most responses being gzipped if the requester supports it) so repeatedly getting stats should save people a bit (or two, heh) on their bandwidth allowances
Old 17th October 2013, 13:56   #21
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the only time the DNAS needs to hit drive based storage is for logging and even under high listener loads that's not going to be that much compared to the network usage (so not sure why you're asking that). if SSD's weren't suited for high disk usage activity then why are they becoming the norm in that area? am by the question.
ah, chalk it up to my ignorance. I didn't know the DNAS basically didn't hit the HD, I just assumed it did. my mistake. I know there is a formula for max users based on available bandwidth speed, but is there something similar based on proc/ram? or will it always be greater than bandwidth available constraints?

as for SSD usage, I read conflicting things on **** hardware, which might indicate that in some server based cases, the HD performance is not good enough, but that might only have been for big DBs, I can't recall. anyway, not applicable here.

EDIT: the asterix above are not mine, the forum changed "t o m s" (no spaces) to that?

--
Old 17th October 2013, 15:03   #22
DrO

there's always cases where different technology, etc is not applicable, though in general, SSDs seem to be becoming the norm as primary access / caching devices with mechanical HDDs more for longer term / less used data. though where possible i think we're getting to the point where having whole DBs in RAM is happening.

there's no specific formula to work out system resources as different OS versions, code implementations and bugs will lead to variations. the general rule is ensure you've enough bandwidth for what's expected / needed and during pre-testing, ensure that hardware used is able to cope with those sort of loads.

for such things, v2.2 should be better then v2.0 but mileage will likely vary and i suspect it's still not as light as v1.x was (though we're having to do a lot more so is expected) but that needs more work such as the networking core changes on linux builds and further code profiling - but the main thing with v2.2 is to get the key issues ironed out which should be the case now.

from our testing and with the fixes made we got a 512 maxuser stream running at capacity going from ~200% CPU time to around 60% CPU time on the same single core VM being used i.e. it couldn't cope before but now it can.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:29   #23
DrO

Quote:
rightio, will try it out in a bit. in the meanwhile, can you try with a / in the streampath lines e.g. streampath_1=/1 (i had made changes to remove that need but maybe something slipped through testing).
Robster400: I've looked through things and testing with the config (only difference is passwords and auto-generated authhash) and so far i've not seen any random failure for the 'alive' check (have checked between Windows and Linux as well to see if that might be the difference but didn't appear to be).

the next step is going to be to enable all of the debug logging options and then send me a copy of the generated log output and i'll have to look through it and see if i can determine the issue (or at least something to target in the code) from there.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:26   #24
Robster400

DrO, pm sent.

Last.fm
Old 19th October 2013, 15:53   #25
alfabravo14
Banned

Was below solved in v2.2 also ? (dont see it mentioned in changelog)

Connect time not sorted
ie: oldest (longest connected) should be on top.

In v1.9 it was like that
In v2.0 its all mixed up (no idea how its sorted)

Screenshot dnas v2.0
EDIT: tried attachement (connecttime.jpg)
failed to upload "filetype not supported" ...aarrgh, never in 5 years
have i been able to add an attachment here..allways something.
Old 20th October 2013, 00:06   #26
MrSinatra
Forum King

upload it to a sharing site like www.4shared.com and then link to here.

--
Old 20th October 2013, 00:19   #27
DrO

it's only image files that appear to be are affected (why them i don't know) so can just zip and attach them.

though how someone who's only been registered on here for almost 8 months is complaining about things not working for 5yrs is bizarre (seeing as it broke within the last 2 months).

then again, it's simpler to just setup a simple v2.2 install and test it directly to see if it's how you expect / want it to be than asking (as i don't remember doing much to change the order of the output on the pages other than ordering them by time if found to be from the same IP address).
Old 20th October 2013, 11:17   #28
winduss

Hello, I'm using this latest version, but customers are not showing the song titles.
Old 20th October 2013, 13:26   #29
SONGE

I see BSD is not provided... why? My serwer is on BSD, linux (64) won't run on it :/
Old 20th October 2013, 17:33   #30
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by winduss View Post
Hello, I'm using this latest version, but customers are not showing the song titles.
i need more information than that - is there a specific way to check the DNAS or a config or something more than just "it doesn't work" please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONGE View Post
I see BSD is not provided... why? My serwer is on BSD, linux (64) won't run on it :/
because site downloads and YP usage indicated minimal usage of the BSD version (only a few, which is the same for the Mac OS X version) and as it's not been actively tested / requested, time was focused on the platforms which people are actually using (primarily Windows and Linux and as i've been personally using, the Raspbian release). if you desperately want a BSD build of v2.2 to try out, then it'll have to wait for the v2.2.1 release (as currently the v2.2 DNAS doesn't even build correctly on BSD).
Old 20th October 2013, 17:34   #31
burnetto

Thanks!!!!
Old 20th October 2013, 18:21   #32
SONGE

DrO thanks for reply. Well, problem is, my host provider is using BSD, so i can't change it. Also my provider is so good, that i don't even think about changing it.
And yes, i would like to update my SHOUTcast desperately From what i saw, there are lot of fixes.
Any known ETA for v2.2.1? Just +/-
Old 20th October 2013, 19:32   #33
DrO

a few weeks is the aim (though what actually happens may vary).
Old 20th October 2013, 23:57   #34
alfabravo14
Banned

1)

> "it's only image files that appear to be are affected "

aaarrgghh ..as if that format is hardly used

What does it matter how long i´m on this forum
do i need to be registered for 10 years before i can
tell you that something is not working ?

Yeah shure ..dont spend energy to (let) repair it.
or add a notification that "jpg.png.gif" ...etc wont work
Instead of letting me waiste my time to attach it
so i can show you better what the problem is.

2)

> "Setup a simple v2.2 install and test it directly to see if it's how you expect"

What ?...you cant tell me that off your head ?...
or by looking at something you (i would suppose) have running there yourself ?

To know if the "ConnectedTime" is sorted as it should be
i should not ask you ? ..or find it in the changelog ?
Instead i should set up a server myself ?..aaarrgggh again.

How many times do i have to tell you
that i´m a radiostation that is on a hosted-shoutcast-server using Centova.
I dont run my own server here...like most-most-most-most-most of your users !

I just want to prevent that your new v2.2 gets distributed by 100´s of hosts
and Centova...while theres still a bug in it
(obviously it is since you dont remember repairing it..and dont mention it in the changelog)
I´m a U.S.E.R. NOT a hoster/provider !

I complained elsewhere in this forum that the KICK & BAN dont work in "v2.0 linux"
i assume that was repaired..since you say so ..and since it mentions that in changelog.
BUT that is pretty useless if the ConnectedTime-list is not sorted as it should.

ie: How should i observe the list with 100´s of listeners to see if they meet my criteria
to KICK or BAN them..if the order is a chaos ?...aaarrggh.

Mostly ban & kick are against listeners that stay connected to long (ie over 12 hours)
cause that points to ghost-listeners that in reality already disconnected..
and rippers ofcourse....it should be sorted by "longest listener" on top.
A chaos list serves no purpose....it makes it un-workable.

Now you cant tell me if that was repaired ?
i cant verify that myself (see above)
So i probably get it stuffed up my a** in a few months by Centova-resellers
so kick & ban is still pretty useless / unpractical.

You are the dev...You tell me if sorting is sorted out correct or not
if its not (which i suspect now seen your vague reaction) then
you quickly repair it ...before its distributed worldwide.

Looks like i was put on the wrong foot again (for the 100th time)
thinking i will soon get a version where i can kick & ban..but obviously its
un-doable cause the list-order is one BIG MESS.

I dont know how you test these things ...looks like you certainly
dont do that with the enduser in mind...your clientele dont exist
of a few programmers/devs in this forum...99% is radiostations !!!!
and these should not be bothered with your bugs and internal programming.

Old 21st October 2013, 00:52   #35
DrO

no one (other than you) has reported an issue with the sorting of the DNAS provided pages (assuming that's even what you're looking that), then how can there have been anything done to "fix" what was not known to "broken".

the attached zip contains a screenshot of what the output of the admin page looks like with multiple listeners (including some with multiple connections from the same IP address highlighted in red blocks) and that shows it sorted by connection time overall and then sub-sorting by connection time where there are multiple connections from the same IP address (as that's how things are grouped so you can then kick / ban _everyone_ from the same IP address in one go).

if that is not what you are wanting or want none of the multiple connection grouping, then sorry but that is not going to be changed however much you may complain.

my suggestion of just giving it a try is valid as that is the quickest way to know that things work. though as you keep repeating you're a user yet you demand the kick / ban fixes, then i was providing the only viable option when your host refuses to help and your reliance on 3rd party tools (which are are not responsible as per or TOS) is out of SHOUTcast's control.

if not, then you need to act like most users do (as you keep repeatedly saying you are one), report the issues to the people you're actual paying money to (as it's definitely not SHOUTcast) and then just watch them ignore you (as seems to be the case which isn't too surprising).

as such, i think it would be beneficial for you to step away from these forums (either voluntarily or forced) as whatever is done / said annoys you (even when the fixes you demand are provided) and nothing can be done to placate the obvious anger issues you have (and i'm personally getting tired of the barrage of abuse and slurs coming from you and repeated complaints from some of the other users about your posts).
Attached Files
File Type: zip SHOUTcast Administrator - 2013-10-21_01.23.47.png.zip (508.3 KB, 398 views)
Old 21st October 2013, 02:21   #36
alfabravo14
Banned

Now that is a good reply ...thank You !
the pics were not needed
just the confirmation by you that it now was sorted like that would have been enough.

Irritation could have been avoided if you would have told me right away
in stead of telling me to set up a server just to find this out.

Now because i insisted you rather see me leave this forum
comon man ... i have explained i cant set up a server...so i have no choice
other then ask you again.

That others did not complain on the list not being sorted
in version v2.0 dont make it less valid ...you repeatedly said yourself
that no-one liked it ...so that is (maybe) why
Or does it mean ... that i`m making it up ?
that no one uses kicking and banning ? (which needs a sorted list to be practical) ?
what does it matter...it should work as it should.

I have no anger issues
and i´m not here to irritate you just for the sake of it.

Shure a handson try is the best ... but not possible.
somehow you always forget that by far most radiostations are on hosted-shoutcast.
probably cause you never see those users themselves ..i´m the exception
and i´m paying for it.

My host dont refuse nothing (help)...but he didnt even know there´s a new version.
i had to tell him...and i know more about it then he anyway ,cause i read this forum 3 times a week.
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:27   #37
winduss

Quote:
Originally Posted by winduss View Post
I've solved with the settings ...

useicy: Specify Whether the DNAS server or Should Provide ICY HTTP headers for client connections [Default = 1]

If this is disabled (useicy = 0) then it can help based HTML5 allow clients to connect to the stream as it will remove some specific SHOUTcast aspets (eg in-stream metadata) Which will allow them to play the stream.

Now I have another problem is that my stream name changes alone, without me changing the settings..... Why does this happen?
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:31   #38
DrO

winduss: you'd changed the useicy option to what value?

with the stream name, is the DNAS set as public or private? are you using different DJs on the stream?

once again, i really need to have more specific information from you to be able to determine what is going on, how you've configured things, etc than just vague one line sentences. i can only help you as well as the information i'm provided about your configuration.
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:40   #39
winduss

Quote:
winduss: you'd changed the useicy option to what value?

with the stream name, is the DNAS set as public or private? are you using different DJs on the stream?

once again, i really need to have more specific information from you to be able to determine what is going on, how you've configured things, etc than just vague one line sentences. i can only help you as well as the information i'm provided about your configuration.

Sorry for the lack of information, the value of useicy I set to 0, and so if you send the metadata information to customers.

Regarding settings shoutcast servers all are in private mode, and the only I have a user sc_trans as dj.

code:
;Transcoder configuration file built with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

configrewrite=0
streamtitle=Radio PlayMusic
streamurl=http://www.*******
genre=Varios
usemetadata=1
adminport=0
password=*******
log=1
screenlog=0
logfile=sc_trans.log
public=1
uvoxradiometadata=0
uvoxnewmetadata=1
playlistfile=./playlist/playlist.lst
shuffle=10
xfade=1
xfadethreshold=10
calendarfile=./calendar/calendar.xml
calendarrewrite=0
autodumpsourcetime=30
djcapture=0
capture=0
applyreplaygain=0
defaultreplaygain=0.0
djreplaygain=0.0
capturereplaygain=0.0
calculatereplaygain=0
replaygainrunahead=2
replaygaindontwrite=0
enhancereplaygain=6.0
timemultiplier=1

unlockkeyname=*********
unlockkeycode=*************

djlogin=l***
djpassword=****
djpriority=1
djport=05940

endpointname_1=endpoint0
outprotocol_1=3
serverip_1=localhost
serverport_1=2013
uvoxstreamid_1=1
uvoxuserid_1=******
uvoxauth_1=*********
uvoxradiometadata_1=0
uvoxnewmetadata_1=1
encoder_1=mp3
mp3quality_1=1
mp3mode_1=0
bitrate_1=128000
samplerate_1=44100
channels_1=2

code:
;DNAS configuration file built with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

useicy=0
configrewrite=0
maxspecialfilesize=30000000
songhistory=10
namelookups=0
maxheaderlinesize=2048
maxheaderlinecount=100
buffertype=0
fixedbuffersize=1048576
bufferhardlimit=16777216
password=*********
adminpassword=**********
;flashpolicyfile=crossdomain.xml
portbase=2013
requirestreamconfigs=1

log=1
screenlog=0
logclients=0
logfile=sc_serv.log
w3cenable=0
w3clog=sc_w3c.log
publicserver=never
metainterval=8192
ypaddr=yp.shoutcast.com
ypport=80
ypPath=/yp2
ypTimeout=60
ypmaxretries=10
ypreportinterval=300
ypminreportinterval=10
banfile=sc_serv.ban
ripfile=sc_serv.rip
riponly=0
savebanlistonexit=1
saveriplistonexit=1
maxuser=2013
listenertime=0
autodumpusers=0

streamid_1=1
streampath_1=/radio
streammaxuser_1=1000
streampassword_1=********
streamadminpassword_1=*******

Old 22nd October 2013, 20:35   #40
DrO

are you only connecting to the DNAS with sc_trans or are there direct connections made to it? either way, i'd make sure that _any_ source connected to the DNAS server is using the same details (by running it privately, you don't get the fixed title behaviour that comes from a v2 DNAS + authhash).
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions