Old 13th March 2003, 11:53   #81
damien74

"Crying"

Hi.. here's a link to my screenshots:
http://hem.bredband.net/b127086/winamp/index.htm

The problem is that the mic catches sound all the time. The music has a bad quality almost like it is in the background. The reason I ask this question as so many did before, is as you can see, I have all the settings right but it still is the same problem. The mic just won't stop working. I have tried on 4 different computors with 3 different mics and 2 different soundcards, Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and the C-media I have now (onboard sound).

Hope anyone can help me. Regards, Damien in Sweden.
Old 15th March 2003, 19:02   #82
tscha

Tom help us plz (!) we need your help ^^
Old 4th April 2003, 23:19   #83
cy2u5

Send a message via ICQ to cy2u5
Hi,

I have the problem that when I click the Speak-Button and talk into the Mic the listeners hear the music and my voice very fast. It's like Fast-Forward.
What's wrong ?
I set up the mic to the same samplerate like my stream.

Plz help

cy2u5
Old 25th April 2003, 03:24   #84
cp.wired

i already posted a new thread, but i have "what u hear" selected and mic un-muted, shoutcast does not pick up the sound on my mic.
Old 25th April 2003, 05:34   #85
rgATL
Major Dude

Is the mic sound getting to your sound card? Try recording something through the mic with another program (windows sound recorder even). Does that work?

rg.
Old 25th April 2003, 21:32   #86
cp.wired

the mic works just fine
Old 26th April 2003, 01:54   #87
cp.wired

wth is going on!!, i'm doing everything according to all these threads, read-mes and other help. it won't work. HELP
Old 3rd May 2003, 15:30   #88
DJ|Flo

Hello
First:Sorry for my bad english!
I've a problem with my mic.
When i chose in Shoutcast Source ->input
winamp: only music
soundcardinput: only my voice and that very very quiet!
i want to speak with backgroundmusic!...
pic with soudcard input : http://mitglied.lycos.de/florianl88/soundcard.JPG
pic with winamp input:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/florianl88/winamp.JPG
PLEASE HELP ME!
thank you
Old 6th May 2003, 01:14   #89
Grashoper

Send a message via AIM to Grashoper Send a message via Yahoo to Grashoper
I forego most of that and use an external mixer into the input of my sound card then I put the plugin in to soundcard input mode. I have my station's drops, jingles spots what ever in winamp on the computer. I premix everthing outside of the computer cept for the jingles spots whatever that way you can use a good mic and have the versitality of many differnt inputs (specially if yer mixing club house techno).

You can find mixers new and used sprinkled all over the net. Two companies that come to mind are www.americandj.com and www.djsupply.com. Rane is a very good brand (and costly!) and American DJ is eh ok and less expenisve.

Mike
RadioDizzy
www.dizzyqueen.org.uk

glbtQ Radio for the new mellenium and beyond

Last edited by Grashoper; 6th May 2003 at 01:51.
Old 6th May 2003, 01:51   #90
Grashoper

I forego most of that and use an external mixer into the input of my sound card then I put the plugin in to soundcard input mode. I have my station's drops, jingles spots what ever in winamp on the computer. I premix everthing outside of the computer cept for the jingles spots whatever that way you can use a good mic and have the versitality of many differnt inputs (specially if yer mixing club house techno).

You can find mixers new and used sprinkled all over the net. Two companies that come to mind are www.americandj.com and www.djsupply.com. Rane is a very good brand (and costly!) and American DJ is eh ok and less expenisve.

Mike
DizzyRadio
www.dizzyqueen.org.uk

glbtQ Radio for the new mellenium
Old 9th May 2003, 16:57   #91
zoob

When I go With the DSP open > Input tab > Input Device > Soundcard Input > Mic Input > Microphone I can't select microphone. Help me please
Old 31st May 2003, 13:56   #92
roah

Send a message via AIM to roah
ok so when i push the talk button i hear the music go down some but my shoutcast disconnects me saying i timed out i guess i should hear my voice when i speak in my microphone. any suggestions on fixing this.
pistachio11@yahoo.com
Old 1st June 2003, 19:50   #93
Grashoper

Zoob,

Have you tryed opening up you windows mixer and switching to record and makeing sure the mic pot is checked and potted up?

Roah,

I would sujest the same for you except I don't know why you would time out. Do you have the server going at the time you try to open yer mic? If not make sure you have both the server and the winamp DSP plugin going and working together. If you need help getting the dsp and server to work together I'm sure one of the senior members can help you to get that set up.

I hope this helps...I'm still kinda new myself. Most of what we do here at RadioDizzy is done by the owner/web master. Maybe someone else has some other ideas for ya both.
Old 4th June 2003, 17:39   #94
thestonefox

My mic level doesnt change

I have it on soundcard input, i have the music at -20db, bg music at -14db, mic at -3db and fade at 0ms

I have mono mixer selected in recording mixer
I have my wav output set to about 40% in main mixer
I have my mic slider set to 0% with it unmuted in my main mixer

when i click the push to talk button the wav output slider in the main mixer moves down but the mic slider doesnt move, therefore no one can hear me on the mic.

If i move the mic slider up manually then people can hear me talk but thats a bit crap since the push to talk button is supposed to move it up for me.

Any ideas on whats wrong with it?
Old 4th June 2003, 17:53   #95
DJHotIce
Forum Loser
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to DJHotIce Send a message via Yahoo to DJHotIce
don't know what to say but 'THATS WHAT ITS SUPPOST TO DO' remember the winamp SHOUTcast DSP is verry basic. I recomend some other software such as www.spacialaudio.com 's SAM2

-DJHotIce
Bounce Multimedia - Professional Web Design
Old 4th June 2003, 17:55   #96
thestonefox

hmm

ill think youll find the shoutcast dsp should aslo move the mic level up from 0% when you click the push to talk button otherwise how would you be able to talk?!

i know it does this because it works ok for my friend and he is running the same set up as me.
Old 4th June 2003, 17:56   #97
DJHotIce
Forum Loser
(Forum King)

okk then

-DJHotIce
Old 6th June 2003, 02:20   #98
burtonrlzman

Send a message via AIM to burtonrlzman
i dont have a "what u hear" or "stereo mixer" or anything...all i have is "mixer" should i check that?
Old 6th June 2003, 16:51   #99
DJHotIce
Forum Loser
(Forum King)

are you on a windows system. If so You DO have a stereo mix. It's just hidden a little bit

-DJHotIce
Old 7th June 2003, 00:36   #100
burtonrlzman

Send a message via AIM to burtonrlzman
I'm having problems getting the music to work when im in the "soundcard input" all i hear is me typing and stuff. in my record options i have "what u hear" checked, and it my playback control i have micorphone unmuted. I dont know what to do...i have a SB Live chip and i cant get the music to come on at all in soundcard input. Also if i hold the "talk" button, the input levels go to -Inf. Im guessing its not balacing out correctly, when i check my mic in the playback control its all the way down...please help!
Old 13th June 2003, 11:06   #101
richcase

mic help

when i plug my mic into the mic port on the back of my pc all the listners hear is me and no music, i take it out they hear music!!

plz help, i've attached a pic of my mixers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mixers075.jpg (89.8 KB, 428 views)
Old 15th June 2003, 17:32   #102
dreugzwiepersfm

In my recording settings I have only selected 'stereomix'
In my playback settings I have every fader up, except for 'microphone'
That's good, i guess.
But When I'm listen to the player, I hear first to loud music, and after that only noise, from my mic I think. And after a while it repeats it every 5 seconds.

Help me, Im a rookie in this stuff, so i want a little help.
greetings, from holland
Old 9th July 2003, 22:57   #103
l1quid

Ok, since nobody replied to my thread, I'm trying in here. My shoutcast plugin will not raise/lower the Mircophone volume in Master Volume when the Push to talk button is pressed. Any ideas?
Old 21st July 2003, 04:50   #104
Ez|ToRn

I'm using winXp ( french version ), I have the same problems, my listeners always listen me typing or talking like my mic was always on. I did unselect the "mic" option in windows sounds setting to select "stereo mix" ( mélangeur in french), . My listeners son't hear me typing anymore, but my sound is now really poor, it does not sounds good ( i dunno how to tell, it does a lot of sounds over the music...)
May u help?, thx
Old 21st July 2003, 05:01   #105
Ez|ToRn

I'm using winXp ( french version ), I have the same problems, my listeners always listen me typing or talking like my mic was always on. I did unselect the "mic" option in windows sounds setting to select "stereo mix" ( mélangeur in french), . My listeners son't hear me typing anymore, but my sound is now really poor, it does not sounds good ( i dunno how to tell, it does a lot of sounds over the music...)
May u help?, thx
Old 21st July 2003, 05:24   #106
Ez|ToRn

When i did select "stereo mix" , my imput level got on top, it's like the volume was to high, and the only way i have to get it clear is to take the stereo mix volume at 0.... but i can't use my mic anymore if i'm doing this... ggrrr, Need help i guess, thx
Old 21st July 2003, 05:44   #107
FesterHead
Alumni

Try lowering some of the other mixer levels.

Is your Winamp volume at 100%?

Old 21st July 2003, 05:46   #108
Ez|ToRn

i have to low it to 0% to see my imput level a little lower... when my mic is selected, there is no problem with imput level... only when stereo mix is selected... weird...
Old 22nd July 2003, 11:01   #109
HypeNoir

Same problem that's been asked above..a number of times. I tried everything i could think of..My mic is "live" even when the lock is off, when im not holding "push to talk"

http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/n4ilbunny/mixer.JPG
Old 22nd July 2003, 17:40   #110
Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by HypeNoir
Same problem that's been asked above..a number of times. I tried everything i could think of..My mic is "live" even when the lock is off, when im not holding "push to talk"

http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/n4ilbunny/mixer.JPG
As explained way back at the beginning you need to select "What U Hear" in the Record Control not "Microphone".

Tom

Old 22nd July 2003, 20:26   #111
Ez|ToRn

but, tom... when i do select "stereo mix", my imput dB is going to high... may u help plz?
Old 23rd July 2003, 16:06   #112
trickysaer

Okey... i dont really get this, because everyone has "what you hear" wich i dont. Updated my drivers from creative's homepage (creative awe 64) still no change...
http://www.bostream.nu/tricky/1.jpg
http://www.bostream.nu/tricky/2.jpg

If you need more pictures or somethin just yell at me, because im clueless, been browsing around for ages and asking 3 millions of people and no one has yet been able to come up with an solution or explanation. thx in advance
Old 23rd July 2003, 18:15   #113
FesterHead
Alumni

Looks like you don't have the necessary mixer enabled.

From the volume control, click "Alternativ" then "Properties" then "Recording" then find the right mixer.

Old 25th July 2003, 20:34   #114
PanagiotaroS

guys
when i push the bottun to talk it decrease me wave volume but it do not increase the mic volume!
Old 26th July 2003, 02:37   #115
DJHotIce
Forum Loser
(Forum King)

it doesn't you need to increase the volume yourself

-DJHotIce
Old 26th July 2003, 11:57   #116
trickysaer

Quote:
Originally posted by festerhead
Looks like you don't have the necessary mixer enabled.

From the volume control, click "Alternativ" then "Properties" then "Recording" then find the right mixer.
well, there's nothing more in that list to select from me except the things i already got.
Old 27th July 2003, 02:18   #117
Aggerslave

Hi, i got this problem with my soundcard, when i turn it on from "winamp only" the sound disepear my listeners wont here anything not even my mic =*( my mic and wave changes position in the record master and so on, it looks like its going to work but no sound comes out..I have tried with all the stuff i can understand on this forum tread but nothing worked, i think im doing wrong some how=\ im not able to open the config button on DSP probebly becuse i got 1.8.2b..well im going crazy soon ! plz help me
i got :
Windows XP pro swedish
DSP v1.8.2b
Old 10th August 2003, 13:03   #118
Pete87

I ahve this problem where when I press the push to talk My microphone metre goes up, but the wave meter doesn't mave at all. can this be overcome?
Old 17th August 2003, 23:06   #119
nas7232

Hi have a question how can i have it that the sounds come from my mixing software and the microphone is muted? cause it seems to work like this... The microphone picks up sound from my speaker and broadcasts it but i want it to broadcast straight from my software and turn the mic off. Is this possible?
Old 17th August 2003, 23:15   #120
zoob

That can work if you have Windows as far as I know. Just set your Input Device as Soundcard Input and then down where the Mic Input Header is click "Line Input" Then Click open Mixer to the right and you turn the Mic on and off from the Volume Control window. In the recording Control window select "Mono Mix" and make it quite low. All that stuff first is in thae SHOUTcast Source window and the input main tab.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions