Old 28th September 2018, 15:47   #1
outpostradio

SCSS Down??

For the past 24+ hours, my stream sources have been unable to connect to SCSS (master.shoutcast.com). The stations do not play - just gives error. Do not even play the fallback track.

Has the traditional SCSS been shut down with zero notice? I got email yesterday about new for-pay plans, but it didn't say "effective immediately".
outpostradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 11:09   #2
silversilver

Most likely you have been moved to the new platform and you never got the email, same thing happened to me:

Login to https://radiomanager.shoutcast.com

New connection points both for listeners and streaming end points.
silversilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2018, 17:10   #3
outpostradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
Most likely you have been moved to the new platform and you never got the email, same thing happened to me:
Right. That was it. I sent an urgent email to support and got a reply about 24 hours later (first reply I have had to any support email in several months). Gave me the new info for the stream source connection (which did work) and also referred to a previous email.

I keep and archive 100% of the email I receive, including spam, and I searched the past month for anything from Shoutcast (or Radionomy, just to be sure). Nothing. Nada.

There is still nothing official on this forum! Isn't this supposed to be the SCSS forum? And nothing is posting about the current plan being terminated?

This feels way to much like what happened on Radionomy in 2016.

Reading the new plans, it appears broadcasters have to pay for bandwidth starting at $14.90 PER MONTH for a paltry 2500 streamed hours per month. A modestly successful station with 500+ hours/day would have to pay $39.90/month.

Those are crazy high rates. If my understanding is correct and this is the final deal, I will be shutting down my two SCSS stations. I already have the same two stations (with slightly different names) running on my own servers and getting most of the listeners.
Old 30th September 2018, 20:53   #4
outpostradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
Yes, I didn't get the alleged previous email. I archive all incoming email, including spam, and there is no email from Shoutcast (or Radionomy) about SCSS in the previous month.
Old 4th October 2018, 09:24   #5
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Yep it caught me off guard too. I was out and wondering why my radio wasn’t working. Saw the email and I’m like what, not even an heads up? Once I got home I worked on getting things up. Funny thing is they didn’t migrate all my stations at first, the second one I got a nice little pop up when I got logged in asking me to migrate it. So much better as I had the control at what time to hit migrate. That went smooth.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization