Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 11th May 2005, 16:13   #1
ronfar623

Fast double-click on multiple files enqueues rather than playing

I searched the forms for ~15mins and haven't seen the answer to this.

Situation: I double-click an MP3 in explorer to play it in Winamp. For 2 seconds afterward, the cursor is the stopwatch-pointer combo. During this time, any other files I double-click get added to the queue rather than playing immediatly. This means that if I accidently play the wrong file, I need to pointlessly wait 2 seconds before double-clicking again and playing the right one.

It's not the "Enqueue files on double click" option that's doing it, because it's unchecked, and if I wait those 2 seconds, it plays immediatly on double-click like it's supposed to. Is there any way to disable this extremely obnoxious irritation?

Thanks!
ronfar623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 02:45   #2
kbk

Hi all!

So listen, I know the thread I'm replying to is basically a 13 year old question, but this issue is exactly what I'm facing now...and it is driving me crazy, cause I got it figured out years ago, but recently reinstalled my system and can't seem to find any solution to this anymore. Sadly, it's not a matter of unchecking "enqueue files on double click", cause it's unchecked already. It's exactly as OP described, when Winamp starts playing an audio file, windows' busy cursor appears for a couple of seconds and if I want to quickly play a different file during this period, it rather annoyingly enqueues it instead of stopping the current playback and playing the newly chosen file.

Any ideas on this?
kbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2018, 07:02   #3
kbk

Anyone?
kbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support