Old 29th November 2011, 19:25   #1
cookie-exploit

BUG: avi demuxer v0.5 / ipod nano 5g not detected

Some of my .avi file don't played correctly. The will played in a higher speed and without any sound.
The vlc player plays them correctly.

Another bug I found, is that my Ipod Nano 5G Video isn't detected by Winamp. I used the drive detection many times, but winamp don't find my Ipod.

I hope it can be fixed.

Greets cookie-exploit
cookie-exploit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 19:54   #2
DrO

i don't believe that version of the nano is supported (based on the details from the FAQ and other user's comments.

with the avi issue, it's most likely from how it was encoded and not being quite what in_avi expects. you could try associating .avi with the directshow plug-in to see if that makes any improvement with the playback (not really my area but is one of the easiest options to try out that i remember).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 21:07   #3
cookie-exploit

Can you tell me please, how I can play the videos with the direct show plugin. In the options of the direct-show plugin .avi is associated. I can't deaktivate the avi demuxer, I only can uninstall it.

Greetz cookie-exploit
Old 29th November 2011, 21:21   #4
DrO

when Winamp is not running, rename in_avi.dll to in_avi.off and that should just leave it as the directshow plug-in trying to handle things. if that doesn't work, try removing .avi from the directshow plug-in options and revert the .off change (though really video stuff is not my area so other than messing around with which plug-in tries to handle the file is about all i can suggest).

-daz
Old 29th November 2011, 21:41   #5
cookie-exploit

The directshow plug-in doesn't work too. ^^
But I tried to play it with the windows media player and this works, too. This is really anoying. I want to switch to winamp because of the medialibary, but some of my videos, which are worked with other players don't work with winamp.
I think I had to use the good old vlc-player for my videos.

Greetz cookie-exploit
Old 30th November 2011, 02:31   #6
sierraskatherine

Can you give more details about it? thanks.
sierraskatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 20:24   #7
cookie-exploit

[Video]
Auflösung : 720x416
Codec : XviD MPEG-4 codec
FPS : 25,00
BitRate : 2079 Kbps
Qualitätsfaktor : 0,28 b/px

[Audio]
Codec : ATSC/A-52 Dolby AC3
Anzahl Kanäle : 2
Abtastrate : 48000 Hz
BitRate : 192 Kbps

These are the details that you want to know?

I think there's a problem with the audio codec. All the videos which are not played correct, have this audio codec. >.<

Greetz cookie-exploit
Old 30th November 2011, 20:57   #8
DrO

you'd need to install an AC3 filter (isn't installed by default on a large number of Windows machines). best bet is to install ffdshow and that support for it is enabled in the ffdshow audio decoder configuration (as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=293396 which seems to be the same issue).

-daz
Old 30th November 2011, 22:48   #9
cookie-exploit

Okay then I will do that later.

But it would be nice if it will be installed with winamp. Or to do it like the vlc player, without installing the codec.
Old 30th November 2011, 22:54   #10
DrO

ffdshow cannot be shipped with Winamp so that won't happen and VLC has always been better at video/dvd type playback (as AC3 is often used for). though generally as long as the codecs are present then Winamp will use them (but i can see why it'd seem annoying / not as good as player X, etc) but legal aspects become more of an issue so in some cases it's better to just not do things directly (as is done).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports