Provide the Following Information with every Report,
and with every CONFIRMATION of someone else's report:

Winamp 5.094 - clean install
System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
OS, Including Service Packs
Video Card, Video Card Drivers
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers
DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)

Plus confirmation that the bug exists with NO 3rd-party plugins installed,
and whether the bug occurs with the default modern and/or classic skin
(3rd-party plugins & skins are NOT supported here).

If applicable, send us Error Logs and/or Error Messages.

The more information you provide US, the faster we can or will help you.
eg. the format/extension of the filetypes you are loading/playing;
a link to a zipped sample of a particular problem file, etc.
an attached HJT log to show concurrently running processes and startup items, etc.

Also, be sure to read other stickys first, especially:
Known Winamp 5.09x Issues
Known Winamp 5.0x Bugs
Fixed Winamp 5.0x Bugs
How to write a useful bug report

*All versions of Winamp 5 not downloaded from the Nullsoft server are not supported

Do NOT post requests for Technical Support in the Bug Reports forum.

This thread is not a discussion thread. Post the reproducable bug and that is it!

Incomplete reports/useless posts will be deleted (you have been warned)

v.1.18

Maintained by DJ Egg
Old 6th December 2004, 14:22   #2
Johnny B (E-W)

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny B (E-W)
Media Library "CTRL +" column resize bug

I keep posting this one since version 5.03 already...

When I perform key shortcut "CTRL +" in Media Library to resize the columns, all columns are resized propely except the column for "Artist"; this must be resized manually afterwards.

BTW would it be possible to have "Auto Size Columns" feature in ML?

I never got any response to this at all...

Johnny B
Old 13th December 2004, 09:14   #3
Inventive Soft

Similar to my previous bug post, but it's to do with the Winamp windows docking over each other, when the "Dock windows at xx pixels" is set to, say 20. BTW, all windows are windowshaded. When you move Winamp, it docks crazily, sometimes with the playlist over the main and eqs, sometimes the EQ at the top of the screen instead of the main.

It drives me nuts, and only happens with classic skins. As yet, nothing with the modern skin, but I don't use that.
Old 13th December 2004, 15:50   #4
jaschau

ml artist/album view problem with parentheses in artist name

Well, it seems that there are no Winamp 5 users who listen to The (International) Noise Conspiracy.
The media library seems to have problems with artist names containing parentheses. Every track with parentheses in its artist information gives me an entry in the artist list. The album and track count for every entry are 1. But selecting an entry results in a complete list of all my files by artists, whose names contain parentheses. In the album view, all albums are listed just fine and filtering the file list by selecting one of the album entries is no problem.

I a simple view, the according files are properly listed. I currently solve the problem by adding an additional artist NOTHAS "(" condition to the audio view.

Note that the problem is not new in Winamp 5.07. I'm experiencing it ever since I use Winamp 5 (starting with the first alpha).
I must admit that I've not yet done a clean reinstall of Winamp 5.07, but only a quick'n'dirty reinstall, since the problem is not new to me.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Windows 98SE,
No third party plugins installed

Help to this would really be appreciated, I dream of a Winamp5 with equal conditions for all artist names

Thanks in advance, greetz
jaschau

PS: I'm not a native speaker, so please be tolerant if you spot mistakes...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced and confirmed that this is still an issue in 5.07 - 5.091

[Edit #2 --> DJ Egg]
Please confirm that this issue is fixed in 5.093
Old 18th December 2004, 10:14   #5
engir

track length

Hi!

As you see I have a really long track ("live performance", more than 416 mins). And it's size nearly 600Mbyte. But the winamp 5.07 shows it's only 43 mins long.

The other track ("live performance 2") is just about 500Mbyte and its length is 419 mins, but the winamp doesnt't show this. The track's length can be seen only when the song started
I had this problem with earlier 5.0x versions too.

Thx a lot.

engir
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp 5.07.jpg (72.9 KB, 1279 views)
Old 4th January 2005, 14:14   #6
Kam1kaz3

When we are playing say the 10th song in the playlist winamp shows the following in the taskbar:
10. xxxxxxxxx
This is ok, but if we remove the 5th (any song before the one we're listening to) song in the playlist it should show the following:
9. xxxxxxxxx
but instead, it keeps displaying:
10. xxxxxxxxx

I know this is a minor bug, but it should be fixed :P
Old 8th May 2005, 07:54   #7
wwjdcsk

lost functionality with recycle bin

This is technically not a bug report, but a report of a loss of functionality since the previous version [which could be considered as a bug].

The idea of the “Deletes in the Media Library now move files to the Recycle Bin” change in v5.09 is useful; however, it removes the confirmation window that displays the full path of a file being deleted.

In v5.09, when a file is ‘permanently deleted’ from the media library or playlist, Winamp uses the OS API to perform the deletion, which will display a confirmation message to send the file to the recycle bin (or permanently delete it—depending on one’s recycle bin preferences). Since the design of the recycle bin confirmation message only displays the message confirming ‘song.mp3’ to be deleted and not the full path of the file, one no longer knows where the file is located. When a file is deleted from windows explorer, the working directory is known, so the full path does not need to be displayed when a file is sent to the recycle bin. However, since a playlist is capable of pulls songs from many different directories, it is very advantageous to see the full path of the file before it is deleted.

The previous version of Winamp would handle the delete file action itself with out using the OS and display a confirmation message displaying the full path of the file, for example, “Are you sure you want to permanently delete ‘C:\my music\artis\song.mp3’?” The recycle bin dialogue will display the confirmation message “Are you sure you want to move ‘song.mp3’ to the recycle bin?”

The option under General Preferences ‘Recycle permanently deleted files’ allows you choose whether the file should sent to the recycle bin or deleted permanently. However, both options still use the OS API.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to have the recycle bin confirmation display the full path of the file, but I do not believe this is possible because it would be required to change the Windows subsystem. One option would be to display an additional confirmation that displays the full path, and then send it to the recycle bin. Unless there is a way to disable the recycle bin confirmation from the Windows API, you would be getting two confirmation messages, which would be inefficient.

A solution to this problem would be keep the recycle bin functionality present if the option is checked, but if unchecked, use the previous method of deletion. It would have the same effect of permanently deleting a file, but instead of the OS dialog box saying “Are you sure you want to permanently remove ‘song.mp3,’ the Winamp confirmation box would come up as before saying “Are you sure you want to permanently delete ‘c:\my music\song.mp3’?”

This should be a simple fix, just restoring the previous method and adding some extra logic.

In addition, when you 'permanently delete a file' winamp will ask you if you wish to send this file to the recycle bin. If you click yes, all's well and the file goes to the recycle bin and is removed from the playlist. However, if you click no, the file is not sent to the recycle bin, but it is removed from the playlist.

This occurs in the playlist and the media library.

-----------
make sure the llama eats its veggies….
http://wwjdcsk.tk
Old 21st May 2005, 13:18   #8
wysiwygbg

Send a message via ICQ to wysiwygbg
5.091 bug ... winamp in "always on top" mode stays on top of the "Open File" dialog ... in previous versions it wasn't doing that and i think it shouldn't do it fix it please, thanks

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
It's actually by design, at the moment, as a result of other drag&drop related bugfixes. But for sure, I/we realize it to be a problem, especially if Winamp is up in the top left corner of the screen, or all winamp windows are open and covering the entire desktop... because then, when aot is enabled, the Open Files window is inaccessible.

[Edit #2 --> DJ Egg]
This issue is fixed in 5.093
Old 22nd May 2005, 18:26   #9
tkt4u

This bug exist since WinAmp 2!

1. Open Winamp (or restart it).
2. Load a directory of songs if you don't have a
playlist loaded already(ADD -> ADD DIR).
3. Play a song (not the first one of the list).
4. Without stoping the song, clear the playlist
(REM -> REM ALL).
5. Load a directory of songs (ADD -> ADD DIR).

After step 5, the first song in the loaded list is white (like if this were the current song).

6. Change the order of the playlist
(MISC -> SORT LIST -> any option), or change manually
any the order of the playlist.

After step 6, the song display shows the name of the "white song" after step 5, and the time of the actual song!!!

System Specs:
* WinAmp 5.091
* WinME
* DirectX 9.0c
* Celeron D 2.5 GHz
* 256 MB RAM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winampbug.jpg (80.4 KB, 1110 views)
Old 25th May 2005, 05:04   #10
berkut

a new bug in 5.091

When the "video" window scaling is set to something other that 100% the will resize itself each time you exit fullscreen mode: ie if the scaling is set to less than 100%, the window will become a little smaller each time you exit from fullscreen, if the scaling is set to more than 100%, the window will gradually become bigger.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Heyhey. Reproduced. Thanks

[Edit #2 --> DJ Egg]
Old 28th May 2005, 09:57   #11
Scorpio9a

When the WinAmp windows are located on a secondary monitor, some tooltips will show on the primary screen instead, this happens with the minimize/exit buttons and with pretty much every button when in "Windowshade Mode" on the main window.

And another problem seems to be that the main window sometimes loses "Always On top". Happens after a while, not sure exactly what causes this. While the playlist however always remains on top.

System Info:
Winamp 5.092 Full
Specs: P4 3Ghz, 2GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce 6800GT
Sound Card: Audigy 2 ZS
DirectX: 9.0c
Old 8th June 2005, 18:04   #12
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Physical removal of files

If I select a file (whether it is playing or not) and choose "Physically remove selected file(s)", a confirmation dialogue comes up with "Are you sure?". Now, if I choose "No", the file is not physically removed, but it is deleted from the playlist.
Maybe this is implemented, but it seems more logical to me to leave the file in the playlist when "No" is chosen.

That'll be all.
Old 18th June 2005, 02:09   #13
jasyn

when the add window is opened, the main window does not function anymore (cannot move it or control the settings). the playlist and equalizer still work.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced, but with classic skin only, not modern
Old 19th June 2005, 06:56   #14
squagmire

Send a message via Yahoo to squagmire
Re: ml artist/album view problem with parentheses in artist name

Quote:
Originally posted by jaschau
Well, it seems that there are no Winamp 5 users who listen to The (International) Noise Conspiracy.
The media library seems to have problems with artist names containing parentheses. Every track with parentheses in its artist information gives me an entry in the artist list. The album and track count for every entry are 1. But selecting an entry results in a complete list of all my files by artists, whose names contain parentheses. In the album view, all albums are listed just fine and filtering the file list by selecting one of the album entries is no problem.
I've also got The (International) Noise Conspiracy in my library, and the first thing I noticed upon installing 5.093 just now is that the bug you describe was finally fixed, for which I must offer thanks to the powers that be.

Unfortunately, similar bugs still seem to be occurring with album names in the next window pane over. Take the following examples:

Sigur Ros - () [8 tracks]

() is listed in the album pane as having 8 tracks, but when I click on it, 5,850 items show up in the track pane below. I can't discern what the criteria for the appearance of these items are, as many of them do not have parentheses in any tag field or in the file path/name.

However, there is also a blank album title with 1 track listed right after (no album) in the album pane, and when I click on that, I get the same 5,850 results in the track pane.

Fischerspooner - #1 [13 tracks]
The Black Heart Procession - 1 [9 tracks]

This is an even weirder one. The album pane lists the following, in this exact order:

#1 - 10 tracks
1 - 8 tracks
#1 - 2 tracks
#1 - 1 track
1 - 1 track

Now, if I click on any one of those 5 album items, I see all 22 tracks belonging to both albums in the track pane. Sorting by various columns in the track pane works, except when I try to sort by album: #1 and 1 are not distinguished, and the 22 tracks are listed in track order (track 1 from both albums, track 2 from both albums, etc.).

Keep up the good work, guys. I know you'll get there, even if you have to skip version 6 to do it.

Mobo: MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R (AmiBIOS 2.2)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
RAM: 2GB Kingston 400Mhz
Video: ATI Radeon 9200 (Latest Driver from ATI site)
Sound: Audigy 2 ZS (Latest Driver from Creative site)
DirectX: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
The Sigur Ros - () issue is known. I'm not sure if/how this can be fixed, because () is seen as a blank entry. We tried, believe me! The # issue is new, previously unreported. Thanks. Note, I can only reproduce where both "#1" and "1" tracks are all listed together, so you may want to check your tags for any trailing spaces etc?
Old 20th June 2005, 16:53   #15
Zerro Crash

Send a message via ICQ to Zerro Crash
Song title display bug

ok. let's go to see the bug:
0. Open & add some songs (>1) into playlist.
1. Play some song (for example "song1").
2. While playing delete this song from playlist.
3. Pause playback.
4. Resume playback (click "pause").
5. Now you can hear "song1", but wiamp says that you are listening another song from your playlist (see song title).

Syst.Inf. i think, nonuseful

p.s. sorry for bad english
Old 21st June 2005, 00:59   #16
andrew_wilt

Mpeg2 Video Displayed upside-down/reversed

I just installed the new 5.093 version, and now my mpeg2 files play with the image upside-down and reversed. (It's like looking at the tv upside-down from the inside.) My videos played fine before installing this version. They still play fine on Media Player.

Am I missing some setting? I wish I had found this before deleting the previous versions of the winamp installer.

[update] Found 5.092 and installed it. Video plays correctly. reinstalled 5.093, and video is reversed/upside-down.

MSI K7D with dual Athlon MP 1800+s, 1G ram
Windows XP Service Pack 1
ATi Radeon 8500 All-In-Wonder (Not sure which Catalyst version)
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card.
DirectX 9.0c

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce without a sample file

[Edit #2]
Sample file received, and still can't reproduce.

Last edited by andrew_wilt; 21st June 2005 at 01:33.
Old 23rd June 2005, 19:33   #17
Pasha T.

1. "Jump" function (j button) search only in english!?
When try to search in non-english trying and freeze on some seconds, but jump window shown all tracks!(from first wersion, that support "jump")
2. When open playlist with non-correct symbols in track name (ID tags in corrupted files) only load tracks before that corrupted track.
3. Sometimes if minimized after switch in normal mode – no main windows shown! (in classic skin mode).

[EDIT]

#1 JTFE v0.97R (Build 8 beta 2) resolved it!
Cool

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
1 - see below
2 - don't understand
3 - known (all windows should still be minimized)

Last edited by Pasha T.; 23rd June 2005 at 20:03.
Old 23rd June 2005, 19:37   #18
DrO

for #1, that's a feature request that you're asking for and not a bug (essentially). try the current development build of the jtfe plugin (http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe_dev.html) which is shipped with the winamp distribution (but not the current dev builds) which should fix your issue since it patches the winamp search function

-daz
Old 24th June 2005, 08:30   #19
Zerro Crash

1. Minimize winamp to system tray.
2. Launch full-screen game, and close it.
3. Restore winamp. Position of winamp windows is wrong now.
Old 24th June 2005, 10:26   #20
Pasha T.

I use clean install WinAmp 5.093
About 2:
playlist content track with illegal character in name, after open it (playlist) you can see only tracks before this track

Last edited by Pasha T.; 24th June 2005 at 10:54.
Old 24th June 2005, 10:27   #21
HellMaster

Send a message via Yahoo to HellMaster
I have a problema that I have recently encounterd at this winamp version. I have 15.000 track's (estimatly 71.GB of music) and the new winamp see only 6000 track's can you help me ?

sry that I didn't answer the questions I will now:
Windos is up to date(I have all update's)Win XP
no i'm using winamp as it is.(clean instalation)
2.6 Ghz 512 Ram
video driver up to date and I have a 6800 nvidia
sound drivers up to date
1280X1024 resolution
I'm not playing any game right now
modern
DirectX 9.0c

Last edited by HellMaster; 24th June 2005 at 10:42.
Old 24th June 2005, 10:29   #22
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Can't reproduce.
Please read the first post in this thread for:
details on how to write a valid bug report
and all the relevant information required.

"Incomplete reports/useless posts will be deleted (you have been warned)"

@ Zerro Crash
In your case we will need to know:
Windows OS, Graphics card & drivers (mobo, cpu, ram should be obligatory)
Winamp version
Confirmation of a clean install with no 3rd-party plugins
Which skin (default modern or classic)
Current desktop resolution
Resolution the game is played in
Screenshots to show how your Winamp windows are arranged.

@ HellMaster
Sorry, but there's no way we can reproduce this. What do you mean by "see"?
How/Where? When you add a folder to the Media Library? When you add files to the playlist? In the Open Files dialog? Have you checked to make sure the 6001st file isn't corrupt? What are the file formats/extensions of said files? Are all filetypes definitely supported? (ie. are the relevant input plugins present), etc etc etc.

@ Pasha T.
Sorry, but we still do not understand what you mean :/
Old 24th June 2005, 11:38   #23
Zerro Crash

Quote:
[i]...
In your case we will need to know:
ok.
Windows XP SP2 Russian with last updates.
Modern skin. Winamp 5.093 Pro (as in topic title) full install. No 3-party plugins.
ATI rage 128. 1280x1024x32bpp. 512 SDRAM. 1100Mhz Celeron. Moterboard intel 815epb.
Game: almost everyone... attached screens for Diablo II. (800x600)

Some additional info:
IMPORTANT: Winamp was in NONminimized state (I don't know maybe there is no matter of the winamp state).
IMPORTANT: There is no task-windows (which are shown in taskbar) must be in system! (not so hard limitation, sometimes you can see this bug even if you have task-windows.. I don't know real relations)
IMPORTANT: To see the bug you MUST press alt+tab in full-screen mode!

Second attachment is in next message.
Attached Images
File Type: gif before.gif (99.2 KB, 1188 views)
Old 24th June 2005, 11:40   #24
Zerro Crash

second screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: gif after.gif (98.1 KB, 1160 views)
Old 26th June 2005, 20:07   #25
Pasha T.

File name of track 7775 is "E:\My Music\Music\Sort\RCLUB\NewFromRadio\Ukr 130 & Rus 120\06-Інконабула-На Поверхнях(BPM 82).MP3" (no ID3 tag include), when load it in playlist it show "Інконабула-На Поверхнях(BPM 82)".
But if playing 7776 and I press "Previous track" it change to "06-Інконабула-На Поверхнях(BPM 82)".
Playlist big to uploading(rar 180kb)
Old 28th June 2005, 05:13   #26
squagmire

Send a message via Yahoo to squagmire
Re: Re: ml artist/album view problem with parentheses in artist name

Quote:
Originally posted by squagmire
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
The Sigur Ros - () issue is known. I'm not sure if/how this can be fixed, because () is seen as a blank entry. We tried, believe me! The # issue is new, previously unreported. Thanks. Note, I can only reproduce where both "#1" and "1" tracks are all listed together, so you may want to check your tags for any trailing spaces etc?
[/B]
Just wanted to update... I have checked my tags for trailing spaces (they have none). In past attempts to solve this strangeness, I've tried retagging them (an album's worth at a time) using MP3BookHelper. I also tried updating the tags individually from the "view info" dialog within Winamp. Neither method had any effect.

However, I'm noticing since the last rescan of my library that the number and arrangement of "1" and "#1" albums has changed to the following (although I haven't made any changes to these files or their tags for months, and clicking on any "album" still shows all 22 tracks from both albums):

#1 - 10 tracks
1 - 6 tracks
#1 - 1 track
1 - 1 track
1 - 1 track
#1 - 1 track
1 - 1 track
#1 - 1 track
Old 4th July 2005, 22:02   #27
Kap61usa

Player controls lock up when playing streams from winamp video in media library.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, but we cannot reproduce this. Please read the first post in this thread for details on how to write a proper bug report, and then please post in the Tech Support forum instead :/
Old 5th July 2005, 19:11   #28
Kiyouta

Pressing Ctrl+A in Winamp does not toggle the 'Always on Top' option.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, we can't reproduce this :/
Old 5th July 2005, 19:15   #29
Kiyouta

I consider this a bug, because it seems stupid:

If you try to delete a file (as in remove from computer) from the playlist or media library, Winamp does not first stop playing that file and then attempt to delete. Instead it tires to delete and obviously fails as it is still playing it.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is a feature request, not a bug
Old 7th July 2005, 16:09   #30
kake2k

i think these might have been reported before a long long time ago but still havent been fixed and they are really making me angry.

first: if you are listening to a song in the playlist, and you remove it from the playlist while it is still playing, the song which normally would have been played after the removed song is completely skipped and the song following it is played instead.

second: when listening to a song in the playlist and removing it or a song before it the display in the taskbar is not correctly updated. it shows the wrong track number.
Old 17th July 2005, 11:49   #31
Pasha T.

Winamp 5.093 - clean install (downloaded from the Nullsoft server)
Albatron PX848PV, Intel Celeron 320 (Celeron D 2.4Ghz revision E0), 512Mb RAM
Windows XP SP2+
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500, ForceWare 77.72
Creative SB Live! (0220), 5.12.01.0522-1.88.0020 (driver from Audigy2)
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

+JTFE v0.97R (Build 11)
classic skin

No.1
1. add dir (I have ~10 000 tracks)
2. minimize Winamp before it finish adding
3. when it finish - Winamp is maximize and...image in attach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp 5.93 bug.jpg (53.5 KB, 1045 views)
Old 19th July 2005, 16:01   #32
bkoehler

/install=f switch still broken in 5.094

Bug:
/install=f is broken

Example:
C:\>winamp5094_lite.exe /S /install=raf

That command still brings up "Winamp: User Information". I was under the impression /install=f was supposed to bypass (or fake) the user information prompt.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Yup. Known issue
Old 20th July 2005, 09:36   #33
Hagen

Hi everybody,

System Info:
Winamp 5.094 Full -- Jul 18 2005
Specs: Intel(R)Pentium 4CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz 0.99 GB of RAM
Video Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

As soon as I right-click on a track from the Playlist Editor, Winamp crashes, saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close. The reported error is as folloys:

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.9 ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 Offset: 0001ee07

The error report is attached as "error-report.txt".

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Please remove all 3rd-party plugins (gen_tbar_2, gen_AdvancedControls.dll) before posting in Bug Reports

Sorry, a full uninstall and reinstall procedure seemed to solve the problem, even with the 3rd-party plugins ...
Attached Files
File Type: txt error-report.txt (14.5 KB, 1382 views)

Last edited by Hagen; 20th July 2005 at 11:39.
Old 21st July 2005, 19:54   #34
Pasha T.

Winamp 5.094 - clean install (downloaded from the Nullsoft server)
Albatron PX848PV, Intel Celeron 320 (Celeron D 2.4Ghz revision E0), 512Mb RAM
Windows XP SP2+
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500, ForceWare 77.76
Creative SB Live! (0220), 5.12.01.0522-1.88.0020 (driver from Audigy2)
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

+JTFE v0.97 R (Build 11)
classic skin

This bug existing in 5.094 too.

1. add dir (I have ~10 000 tracks)
2. minimize Winamp before it finish adding
3. when it finish Winamp is maximized without main window

After that winamp minimize only when press key on main window. Minimize by pressing on taskbar not work.
Old 22nd July 2005, 21:04   #35
Zingh

Hello,

Winamp 5.094 - clean install
EPOX 8KHA, Athlon MP 1600+ (1.4 GHz), 1.25 GB RAM
Windows XP SP2, GeForce FX 5600
SB Audigy Gamer, DirectX 9.0c

1. Add a song to the playlist twice (in positions 1 and 2)
2. Add a different song in position 3 and play it
3. Select song 2, and use the "Q" button so it plays next

Winamp will play song 1 next instead of song 2.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known issue with the Jump to File Extended plugin (gen_jumpex.dll).
Use Alt+click instead of Q
Old 24th July 2005, 14:02   #36
blood2001

My winamp was stopped and minimized to tray bar.
Suddenly this pops-up. After I cliked cancel winamp crashed.

Title of window:
Assertion failed

File: c:\projects\wasabi\api\wnd\platform\win32\win32_region.cpp
Line: 472

------------------------------------------------------

System Info:
Winamp 5.094 Full
Specs: Abit AA8-XE, P4 3.5Ghz, 512MB RAM
Video Card: Club3D GeForce 6600GT PCI-E (Latest Driver from nVidia site)
Sound Card: On board Theater-class 7.1 Channels Intel® High Definition Audio
DirectX: 9.0c
Winamp skin: Modern (default)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hmm, did you maybe view the Current Skin prefs page prior to minimizing Winamp (same error message as caused by the GDI Object leak)
Old 25th July 2005, 19:03   #37
wesgarrison

Quote:
Originally posted by wysiwygbg
5.091 bug ... winamp in "always on top" mode stays on top of the "Open File" dialog ... in previous versions it wasn't doing that and i think it shouldn't do it fix it please, thanks

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
It's actually by design, at the moment, as a result of other drag&drop related bugfixes. But for sure, I/we realize it to be a problem, especially if Winamp is up in the top left corner of the screen, or all winamp windows are open and covering the entire desktop... because then, when aot is enabled, the Open Files window is inaccessible.

[Edit #2 --> DJ Egg]
Winamp doesn't stay on top of fullscreen Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Connection windows.

I upgraded from 5.03a, which did have this functionality.
(That is, I got a new computer at work, so I have a clean install of 5.094, but I had 5.03a on my previous computer.)

I'm assuming that this is related to other 'fixes', but this is definitely the main reason I use Winamp.

In the past, I could use the restore button on my RDP connection to take the window out of fullscreen mode, then immediately maximize it to force Winamp to the top. Now, any time I maximize an RDP window, Winamp is no longer AOT. I have to minimize everything.

Steps to reproduce:
- Set Winamp always-on-top.
- Open a Remote Desktop connection.
- Maximize the RDP window.
- Winamp is no longer AOT, even if you minimize the RDP connection.

This is on XPSP2 with Winamp 5.094. No plugins except what came with the install.

If you have any questions or need clarifications, let me know.

-- Wes

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hmm, you quoted an entirely different/unrelated issue with the Open File Dialog, heh. Try this: Winamp > Prefs > General Prefs: Uncheck "disable aot while fullscreen apps are focused"

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, DJE.
Delete/archive as you wish.

Last edited by wesgarrison; 25th July 2005 at 20:12.
Old 27th July 2005, 04:36   #38
septje

Send a message via ICQ to septje Send a message via AIM to septje Send a message via Yahoo to septje
CDDB causes Media Library window to move inside Media Library Frame

System Specs:
Replicated on various hardware of all different specs
Windows XP w/ SP2 (or without)
Video Card:
Various
Sound Card:
Various
DirectX version:
9.0x (mainly c)

The problem is replicable when you open the media library and attempt to let CDDB grab album information.

1. Open Winamp
2. Open Media Library (any method works)
3. Insert an Audio CD
4. Wait until CDDB attempts to download the information
5. Click in the Media Library Window (anywhere)
6. The window disappears inside the Media Library frame.
The only way i have found to avoid this is not to click in the window. Closing and opening the media library window restores the window.
Old 27th July 2005, 13:01   #39
Kris_A

Certain WAV files cause crash

Certain WAV files, namely 'War_of_the_Worlds.wav' (a recording of the original WOTW announcement) causes winamp to crash upon opening. Using the official old black skin and no 3rd-party plugins. Winamp version is 5.094.

http://kris.acsv.net/bug_info.zip

I've included revelant information in this zip: System specs, dxdiag log, HJT log and screenshots of the error message and MSVC debug window. I've also included a stripped down version of the wav (the original is too large for my connection to upload before timing out), which also causes the crash.

Note: Crash also happens on a variety of other people's computers
Old 27th July 2005, 16:49   #40
ujay
Forum King

@ Kris_A
Winamp can only play this format (DSPGroup TrueSpeech) via DirectShow.
Faulting module shows ntdll.dll with out_ds and tsd32.dll with out_wave.

Add ';WAV' to the end of your DirectShow extention list at Prefs > Input > Select Nullsoft DirectShow > Config. (Requires video installed and you'll probably loose seeking)

As it stands the truncated sample file has incorrect file and data chunk lengths, this may cause problems loading into some programs but should not affect your original.

UJ
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports