Old 19th February 2012, 17:24   #1
JBraetz

Playlistgenerator

Hello, don't kill me if already asked and solved! I am a handicaped person...It's true!

I am using the latest version in german. And when I try the similar tracks option, i got mistakes and errors for winamp. I already asked in the german corner, but beyond the common trick there is no solution for me, to get that cool damn thing working again!

If I start the option it says it couldn't initialize, when i do a "refresh" of the database, it crashes and terminates winamp. What can I do? is there a workaround or an update for that plugin??? What are the musts for the plugin? I even tried several times complete reinstall with virgin winamped Which temps folders are yoused for this plugin!...

2. Winamp crashes recently by using the now playing plugin.

3. In windows 7 sometimes winamp freezes after closing. I have to terminate the task with task mangaer in order to start correctly.- with right work.
JBraetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 07:49   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi JBraetz,

1. Don't know what common trick you mean, but the suggestions in the linked thread below may help with resetting the playlist generator database. If you have a very large collection, you may need to rebuild the database in stages because Winamp could use up all available RAM and crash before the database is rebuild. Monitor total system RAM use and if it goes over 75 - 80% stop the scan and close Winamp, then restart Winamp and restart the scan (it picks up from where it was). If you need to use this stop-restart process, it may be disrupted by the 3rd problem you listed so you need to try and fix that first (see below).

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....list+generator

2. Can't help. Don't use that plug-in.

3. This has been reported by a number of users. There is no common solution. Some have had success removing certain plug-ins or excluding certain Winamp configuration files from on-access scanning by anti-virus software. Suggest you search the forum for threads on this issue (included one below).

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....rocess+running

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
freezing, simmilar option, termination on exit