Old 31st March 2015, 22:28   #1
twbrown

Question Help with elevated installer

I have been using v2.42.4-Unicode but wanted to try upgrading to v3 to avoid the extra work I've been having to regarding the manifest and working correctly with UAC.

I'm trying v3.0a2

I'm trying to build an installer that will require Admin elevation (it accesses HKLM and installs to "Program Files (x86)".

I've set RequestExecutionLevel to "admin"

I've set ManifestSupportedOS to "all"

If I run the installer a command shell, either running in Admin mode or not, I get the error:

The current user is not allowed to install or update applications.

From a non-Admin shell, I get the UAC prompt asking if it's OK to proceed. From an Admin shell, the UAC prompt is not displayed.

I tried all variations of RequestExecutionLevel, including "user" and get the same error.

I am an Admin on my own machine. I have my system setup with:
ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 2
ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 1
EnableLUA = 1

I've written a dirt simple NSIS installer that does effectively nothing and it works correctly using v3.0a2 so there is something specific that my .nsi script is doing to cause this problem, but I'm at a loss as to what to look for. Are there other attributes I'm missing?
twbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 00:40   #2
Anders

Why not use the latest beta?

Unless you are running Vista/server2008 then I don't think that is the default UAC config.

I don't believe that message is coming from NSIS so it is either coming from Windows or something in your installer. Does your installer process appear in Taskmanager while the messagebox is displayed?

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
nsis, requestexecutionlevel, uac