Old 8th May 2001, 16:28   #1
PikaDrew2001

Location: I live in Phoenix, Arizona (HOT!) in a small 2 bedroom apartment. (Luckly I have A/C!)
Send a message via AIM to PikaDrew2001
There's MUCH more wrong with mine. Ok, it starts like this. I download the latest WinAmp 2.75 and install it ovewr my old version since it was outdated (2.65) and ran it while online so I wouldn't have to wait for it to open and risk losing my connection to the net in the process. (My computer is really touchy, and pissed half the time. (Maybe cuz I run it overnight sometimes.)) I ran the MiniBrowser on this new model for the first time to see how it performed, and it checked out better than my MSIE 5.5! I went to radiostorm.com cause i like 2 of thier stations and started listening. No problems. MiniBrowser acted fine, and so did WinAmp. Then when i went to disable the ability for the MiniBrowser to open pages automatically, it acts really bad. 1-When I have a good connection to the net, and try to play a file on my computer it kills my connection! 2-I hate that since it's hard enough to connect with a 56k modem... 3-Also when I try to broadcast with SHOUTcast... it kills WinAmp and my net connection. 4-OK, now this is starting to piss me off... can ya help or is this some kind of wierd bug I gotta end up dealing with till a newer version comes out? Any suggestions or instruction to help correct this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
PikaDrew2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2001, 22:24   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to here? Was this supposed to have been a reply within an already existing thread, instead of a new thread?

Anyway, from what I can tell, it sounds like you need to get a better ISP.
Either that, or something isn't configured correctly (Hardware/Windows)
Take a look at your: modem control panel; D.U.N. Connection config; Network Control Panel settings (TCP Adapters); Internet Explorer Options -> Connections tab.

What are your sys specs? CPU; RAM; Windows OS; Internet Explorer version; etc.

Though, like I say, it sounds more like an ISP problem. Too slow/congested perhaps?
I connect with a 56k modem & don't experience any problems like this whatsoever.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2001, 04:33   #3
PikaDrew2001

Location: I live in Phoenix, Arizona (HOT!) in a small 2 bedroom apartment. (Luckly I have A/C!)
Send a message via AIM to PikaDrew2001
Specs....

Win95, 233mhz Pentium MMX, 32mb SDRAM, MSIE 5.5, and 56k... Can you help DJEgg? It was working fine... HELP! And it was sorta a reply and help.
PikaDrew2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2001, 05:15   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Which version of Win95?
a, b, c, OSR2, OSR2.5 ?

Have you ever installed the Winsock2 & MSDUN 1.3 updates for Win95?
If not, these are both essential!
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/

DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports