Old 28th May 2003, 06:04   #1
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Ghosts

Haunted Houses, spirits, ghosts, poltergeists, things that go bump in the night.

Are they real. Can you really contact the dead, can they contact us? Or can it all be explained away?

How does that Incubus song break go?
"Before the publication of the electromagnetic spectrum, reality was everything man could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the publication of the electromagnetic spectrum, man has learned that everything he can touch, smell, see and hear is less than one millionth of reality."

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:07   #2
Janus Lunar
Space: 1 Pilot: 0
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Janus Lunar Send a message via Yahoo to Janus Lunar
Gee fickle.. Some of my family Can see and talk to/with the dead. NO JOKE AND WE ARE NOT CRAZY. This ability goes back many generations, and is ALWAYS PRESENT IN EACH GENERATION.

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

- Sean T. Wiliams (1983 - )
Janus Lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:19   #3
BMWboy

I do believe that ghosts exist, if only because I THINK I have seen one. Here is what happened:

a few years ago, my scout troop went on a campout close to halloween. we went to the site of a civil war hospital, where ghost sightings are very common(occurs about once a week). they had a trail set up, where they had a bunch of guys dressed up in civil war costumes. some would give you some history of the site, others whould try to scare the shit out of you. as we walked through a part of the trail that went through the woods, there was a guy, dressed in a civil war costume just standing at attention in the middle of the trail. he never moved as I walked by, his eyes were staring straight ahead. as I walked by him, I got very cold(a suppoused sign of a ghost, but then again, we felt dozens of these "cold spots" that night) as did those around me. as we walked away, I thought the whole thing was a bit strange, and I turned to look at him again, but he was not there. at the point where he stood, the woods were quite thick, and there is no way he could have walked into them without making any noise, and I could see at least 100 yards down the trail(there were some lights from the area we had just left, so the trail was bright enough to see clearly, but no much more. to this day, I haven't settled in my mind exactly what happened that night, and what or who that guy was, none of the trail guides could say for sure if there was sombody out there, and at least one said that they have had sightings at or near the point where I saw this guy.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:19   #4
Raz
Forum King

Quote:
WE ARE NOT CRAZY
The call of the crazy people.

I have no first hand experience of any sort of afterlife, i have never encountered anything unusual in that sense. All the logic in my brain forces me to conclude that ghosts do not exist so until i have first hand experience this is how i will continue to believe.

However there may be a more complex argument about if someone sees a ghost alone and there is no prrof either way whether that ghost did or did not appear then you could argue that the ghost does exist because the person is the only one who could've experienced it and believes it was there. Sorry for saying that, seems to creep its way into too many a discussion on my part recently.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:26   #5
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

bmw - My brother says he experienced something like that with a bunch of "Scouts" not really scouts, bit you get the picture.

Gettysburg.

Walking at night for kicks. A scream from the woods, and they saw shadows of soldier standing around a cannon.

Now I'm creeping myself out. It's 2 in the morning.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:29   #6
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

Cute Raz real cute. Look I was merely saying that because some one would have said that was crazy talking. But seriously, I have SEEN and Spoken with a few ghosts and many people in my town have done the same (I get reports of this kind every now and again) I head up a small group of people in my town with this ability (among others).

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

Old 28th May 2003, 06:29   #7
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
i have seen them and felt them. i have a man in my house now. i see him at night in my bathroom and he just goes from the closet to the sink and then dissapears. he does this over and over every few nights. also about once a month he does laundry! you can hear the washer knob clicking as its turning and then the washer starts. no one around. he is just a shadow when i see him. i can only see him though out of my peripheral view. and he has physically slapped me. i was in bed and i felt him slap my foot over the blankets.
butn other than that...he's a clean ghost

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:33   #8
Raz
Forum King

Are you sure it isn't just a hobo sneaking around at night

Janus please elaborate further...

Old 28th May 2003, 06:40   #9
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

Well... On the group and our beliefs: Everyony has an innate ability to see and/or speak with the dead, usually just enought to see them as a shadow out of the corner of their eyes or on occasion hear a strange voice, but a few people are actually born with a I hesitate to use this term sixth sense, and over time it gets stronger. In terms of ghosts I have seen our house has a resident spook: the man who build the place. He became so attached to the house that he still haunts it. He is a playful person, he love to play the occasional mind game, in fact he just left the room. If you want any further ghost experiences I will have to type them up in Word and post them as an attachment on a future post.

Old 28th May 2003, 06:44   #10
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

Apparently as a little kid I used to see random people who weren't there. Mum said one time I said I was talking to a person hanging from the roof.

I just have to say it, sorry, I SEE DEAD PEOPLE .

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 06:46   #11
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

Mr. Bloggs, Congrats you are on of us you were not imagining things use your abilities!

Old 28th May 2003, 06:53   #12
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

That was as a kid though.

These days I can't see things that are there.

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 07:06   #13
BMWboy

danm you fickle, now I can't get to sleep!
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 10:59   #14
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
There real, my family has a habit of finding them, or they have a habit of finding us...

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 12:18   #15
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

I don't believe in ghosts. Once you're dead, you can't come back. Not trying to preach Islam to you all, but what you probably saw were jinns.

Also, those that believe are talking to the dead, are plainly being fooled by the jinn. There is no possible way to talk to the dead from earth. Sorry to burst your bubble Janus Lunar, but that's what I believe.

GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 12:28   #16
apollos
Forum King

I believe that there is something out there that is unexplainable as we are not ready or advanced enough to understand it.

The Matrix Reloaded explanation was fairly good too
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 13:02   #17
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenSphynx
I don't believe in ghosts. Once you're dead, you can't come back. Not trying to preach Islam to you all, but what you probably saw were jinns.

Also, those that believe are talking to the dead, are plainly being fooled by the jinn. There is no possible way to talk to the dead from earth. Sorry to burst your bubble Janus Lunar, but that's what I believe.

jinn, jinns, djinns, djinn or djins... and of course the jinniyah.

Also known as genies.

:: folds arm, closes eyes and wiggles nose and bobs head, then dissapears into a puff of pink smoke ::

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 13:51   #18
spanky

Send a message via ICQ to spanky
Hrm.. ghosts don't scare me. I think they're neat and I do believe in them.

In my first apartment (I was only 18 and I needed something really cheap) the bedroom carpet had a bloodstain about 3 feet wide. Above it on the wall were small, painted holes in the wall.
After moving in and placing a throw rug and my bed over the spot (to hide it, of course) I learned from the neighbor that a heroin junkie blew his head off with a shotgun there. (which clearly explains the bloodstain and the small holes in the wall) I stayed brave about it (afterall, I was 18 and on my own at this point) but I do remember on several occasions being woken out of a dead sleep by a loud *BANG* Also, sometimes the air around the bed felt ice cold and gave me the horrible feeling as if I was the intruder..

People talk about having monsters under their bed. I had a ghost under mine.. with mark of his death to prove it.

(But even scarier was my neighbor. He looked like the stapler guy from Office Space.. only, he was 10x dirtier, 2x heavier, and enjoyed walking around in the hallway wearing only his heavily soiled tighty-whities. The guy above me was a pack rat and probably a cokehead. He was also very creepy. God, that place was fucking awful!)

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 14:11   #19
Raz
Forum King

Shitty apartment = shitty heating.
Shitty neighbors = strange noises at night.

Ghost stories start when peoples imagination runs away with them and clouds their logical perspective on things, also it's cooler to think you saw a ghost so you accept it instead of the the rational boring explanation.

Old 28th May 2003, 14:52   #20
SNYder
Forum King

Ghosts are really just programs not doing what they are supposed to.

Sorry, just saw the Matrix (for the third time) this weekend.
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 15:15   #21
Kyjan
Soul Reaver
(Member)

Someone asked me once that if you believe in something hard enough, does it really happen? They said that you're supposed to believe very deeply in the bible and in God to make it to heaven, so if you believe very deeply that you just stay around and roam the world after you die, won't you end up doing that?

Even though people have great imaginations (and don't get me wrong, some people have awesome imaginations), doesn't it stand to reason that every idea has been based on another? If that's the case, then ghosts themselves had to come from somewhere, whether it be walking dead, seeing a spirit, the spot in a polaroid, or something...

I believe that there are things out there we can't explain. We can't be omniscient; if we were, would there be any purpose for us to exist here on earth?

Just my thoughts...
Kyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 15:18   #22
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

Raz this is probably one of the first times that I actually completly agree with what you have said in this thread . I dont believe in ghosts...when I was a child I saw this show on the TV called 'Are you afraid of the dark' and in this episode there were these guys all dressed in black and blah blah blah well for about the next month or so I would 'see' one out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't there, there was nothing there, and there will never be anything there. It was just my imagination I wanted to see it so I saw it...Janus, you want to hear/see so you hear/see your mind makes you imagine it. You dont know about the other people that can do this because your not them they could be lying there ass off just for whatever reason. When I was a child, we lived in a house and at random times in the middle of the night the heater would make a clicking noise and the first night in the house I thought it was a witch tapping her long finger nail against the metal..does this mean there is a witch in there? Also some of you who say you believe in ghost, then you must belive in God. I'll wait for some awnsers before I tell why.

And look at these 2 links. My cousin sent me these pictures when they got them developed (it was at their homecoming at school) and she claims in both these pictures there is a ghost....you tell me..

www.geocities.com/llama_d0rk/ghost1.txt
www.geocities.com/llama_d0rk/ghost2.txt

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 15:22   #23
lemon_chicken
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to lemon_chicken
i dont really have a problem accepting that 'weird shit' does go on, stuff that is 'supernatural', like the crazy and unexplainable appearance of 'inverted commas' in this post.

however i really hope that the typical ghost theory is wrong. i seriously dont want to die and then float around somewhere like a tool waiting for some shit to happen so i can feel good about myself and move on.

|arbitary focus| it's never as flaccid as it is when plucked | 01110011 01100101 01111000 |
lemon_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 15:23   #24
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

d0rk, I do NOT want to see even half the shit I see. Some of it scares the shit out of me. As for the hearing it only happens on occasion.

Old 28th May 2003, 15:30   #25
lemon_chicken
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by d0rk
And look at these 2 links. My cousin sent me these pictures when they got them developed (it was at their homecoming at school) and she claims in both these pictures there is a ghost....you tell me..
the first one is a finger over the lens of the camera (but WHOS finger?) <insert twilight zone music here>

i dont see anything weird about the second one - unless that wooden thing in the background wasnt actually there - or if the subject of the photo only usually has one eye or something.
the blurryness around her is just because she or the camera moved - i get that all the time.

and Lobo: little kids dont want to imagine monsters in the closet - but they still do

|arbitary focus| it's never as flaccid as it is when plucked | 01110011 01100101 01111000 |

Last edited by lemon_chicken; 28th May 2003 at 15:55.
Old 28th May 2003, 15:35   #26
Raz
Forum King

Whenever something like this goes on there has always been a rational explanation. Janus you're obviously accentuating what you percieve to be contact with the dead because it makes you special and superior in a way. So you keep wanting to because it's exciting and unexplained, essentially, a search for truth, because we as humans are curious, so your brain creates this contact with the dead from things. I refuse to believe that a piece of meat with electricity running through it can be aware of itself once the electricity stops running through it. These little flashes people get on pictures are build ups of energy, that doesn't mean to say it's a spirit. It's a build up of damned energy, there's energy in absoloutly everything. People have to stop dropping all logical thought every time they think they see a ghost.

Old 28th May 2003, 15:39   #27
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

Raz, there are a lot of things out there that have NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION. Sure a lot of these Ghosts can be explained away, but when they are moving shit around a house you tend to believe. I was once just like you Mr. Rational, go out and FIND a ghost. Do not ask how it just happens.

Old 28th May 2003, 15:44   #28
Raz
Forum King

What you mean people forget where they left something and blame it on ghosts.

But seriously, until i physically witness something like that i will continue to remain skeptical, logical and rational. Even if i do i wouldn't really question "supernatural" behaviour, i would question my own state of mind, then probably get some well overdue sleep.

Old 28th May 2003, 15:48   #29
Janus Lunar
(Senior Member)

Oh for.... oh never mind. I give up on you Raz.

Old 28th May 2003, 16:05   #30
lemon_chicken
Major Dude

hmmm. theres probably still a diference between

"i dont know why the fuck my fridge just flew across the room - it must be some supernatural force"

and

"i dont know why the fuck my fridge just flew across the room - it is the spirit of the electrician that used to service the fridge who has come back to expel his anger on that which he could never conquer..."

Old 28th May 2003, 16:17   #31
Avion
Major Dude

Boooooooooo!!!!
(speaks with a ghostly voice)
"he he, I am a ghost. and I will kill you.
mwa ha ha ha ha !!!"
....oh shut yur trap Fickle. I can be ghost if I want to!

p.s. Boooo!
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 16:28   #32
Raz
Forum King

"BWaahhhhhhahahaha, i am a ghost, behold my superior skills as i barely make noise and terrorise housewives for no apparent reason"

Old 28th May 2003, 16:35   #33
Avion
Major Dude

aaaaaaaaah!!!

Kill Raz, kill Raz!

evil ghost, evil ghost!

p.s. Booo!
Old 28th May 2003, 16:38   #34
Raz
Forum King

Silly human, you can't kill me, i'm already dead. I'll be damned if i can figure out why i can understand english if i'm no longer using a brain. Wow, i don't have ears i didn't hear that, wait i don;t have a mouth, ahh damnit. Oh wait i don't hands either, well i'll be jiggered.

Old 28th May 2003, 16:45   #35
Avion
Major Dude

oh I think that it was that jeezus guy. yeah, he was like feeling you up which made you have a ghost. LoL

I am a ghost cause I'm just my ghost.
Raz: " how could this be? "
Knight: " SHUT IT! "
Old 28th May 2003, 16:48   #36
griffinn
Court Jester
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to griffinn
Goats are real. You naysayers are just in denial.

The smiley slot machine! | Quotable Blog
griffinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 16:48   #37
Avion
Major Dude

can a ghost say MOOOOOOOO
.....ok, I'll stop talking now
Old 28th May 2003, 16:49   #38
Avion
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by griffinn
Goats are real. You naysayers are just in denial.
oh, it's ghoats that say MOOOOOO not ghosts, my bad.

Old 28th May 2003, 16:53   #39
lemon_chicken
Major Dude

lol - don't ghoats go BAAAAAA

Old 28th May 2003, 17:00   #40
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

you guys are dropping more shit than a bunnie on exlax

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions