Old 5th October 2006, 16:38   #1
Tricen

Send a message via AIM to Tricen
I'm so confused...

Alright, I know everyone here is going to hate me for this, but I really need help.
I have searched the forums in order for the information that I needed and I really couldn't find it. And if I did, I didn't understand it. So I need someone to really break it down for me, and if they wouldn't mind, go step by step on what to do.

I have cable internet, and it's not hooked up to any other computer in the house, so I have direct connection. This is my first radio project. So, I understand that I have to open up a server (or since I have cable, that I can do it directly from my computer.)

I'm pretty much at first base, starting with...

Usually I'm okay with this stuff and I learn by reading the tutorials or something, but this is something I just don't understand.

Thank you for the help. =]

-Tricen
Tricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 17:49   #2
jaycee16

you need a shoutcast server first. im guessing you dont have one?
jaycee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 17:55   #3
GMPCM

You could always install AIVMS , it will set up a shoutcast server for you. Once AIVMS is installed, just select <Settings> <DJ Mode> from the system tray icon's menu and click on the box next to "Enable TCP/IP Stream Server". Then whenever you issue the DeeJ command you will be streaming any media that happens to be located in the "Media Location" folder.

AIVMS is perfect for those just starting with Internet radio, since the AIVMS artificial intelligence can automatically host a station as its DJ. This is an example of what the AIVMS AI DJ sounds like.

Last edited by GMPCM; 5th October 2006 at 18:17.
GMPCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 18:46   #4
Tricen

Send a message via AIM to Tricen
Actually, I told you you would hate me, but I figured it out. ^^;;;

Thank you for the two that tried.

But now, every time I go to open a folder or a file in winamp, everything freezes. So I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it's the same deal. So now I'm getting Ad-Aware and seeing if there is anything on my computer I should know about, because I try it again.

Any ideas towards this problem now, if it's not Spyware?
Tricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support