Old 11th January 2008, 07:55   #1
ZippyDSMlee

Radio staions(halp mew find themz)

AOL radio is nice but a bit repetitive, where do all the good radio stations hide online? I like alt,rock hard and metal and older country music(50-90s) I really like a good variety, I don't mind soft rock or rap.

Thanks for the help!

PS:If I is posting wrong mod mew kindly :P
ZippyDSMlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 11:24   #2
JonnyMac

The AOL Radio section of the Media Library is a sampling of the AOL Radio and XM Satellite services. Have you tried the SHOUTcast Radio section? Lots of variety there.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 11:31   #3
ZippyDSMlee

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
The AOL Radio section of the Media Library is a sampling of the AOL Radio and XM Satellite services. Have you tried the SHOUTcast Radio section? Lots of variety there.
No link me plz.

so I can get lost in it LOL
Old 11th January 2008, 12:44   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee
No link me plz.
Are you asking to be linked to it? It's in the Media Library, first on the list, a few entries above AOL Radio with XM.

I don't understand how you are unable to find it if you can already see and access AOL Radio, but here's a screenshot to clarify...

SHOUTcast can also be accessed through a web browser at http://shoutcast.com

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 13:00   #5
JonnyMac

OK I am little late here. However, since I just typed up a reply...

Well, do you see SHOUTcast listed in the Online Services section of the Media Library? If not you may have to click on the Online Services header (left pane), then in the right pane click on the Music tab and make sure the box is checkmarked.

Anyways, if you want links to get lost in...

Internet Radio Station Lists and "Clearinghouses"Commercial/Air Broadcast radio with Internet Radio
  • Radio-Locator
    Search for air broadcast radio that have internet radio. The lightning symbol indicates a radio station with an internet radio stream
  • radiotime
    Another list and search site for air broadcast stations with internet streams
  • live-radio.net
    Another list and search site for air broadcast stations with internet streams
  • Mike's Radio World
    Another list site for air broadcast stations with internet streams
  • The Stream Center
    US stations searchable by state or call letters
  • RadioRow
    Click on the color coded square dots to Listen In
Internet Radio or Music Playback Sites
  • SHOUTcast Widget: here or here
    Do you want to listen to SHOUTcast at work, but you insane boss doesn't want Winamp installed? No worries, just use the widget.
  • AOL Radio website
    Like the service on Winamp Media Library > Online Services
  • CBS Radio
  • Pandora Radio
    Genre based (from artist/song preference) "radio" (music playback) system used to help develop a on going music preference database
  • jango
    A social "radio"/music play back service similar to Pandora.
  • last.fm
    Play music based on genre or genre based on artist preference
  • Soundpedia
    A social "radio"/music play back service
  • Slacker Radio
    Another internet music playback system.
  • Rhapsody
  • Yahoo! Music: Internet Radio

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
Old 12th January 2008, 21:03   #6
JonnyMac

Hello ZippyDSMlee

Are you able to see SHOUTcast in the Media Library?
Old 13th January 2008, 03:03   #7
ZippyDSMlee

Wow there is choices with the new winamp 0-o

oh well its not like other things do not go over zippys head >>

thanks guys, I found it, can I get some tips on making playlsits some stations like making multi cues in my playlist, this confuses zippy LOL.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:28   #8
JonnyMac

The multi items from a station are backup streaming addresses/URLs. If one of the addresses is not working, there is another one to take its place. The redundancy is not necessary, so if you don't want the extra items they can be deleted.

Instead of keeping a playlist of you favorite stations, you may want to add them to Winamp's bookmarks instead. If you are in the SHOUTcast section of the ML, right on the station then select 'Bookmark' from the pop-up menu. If there is an item already in the playlist you want to send to bookmarks, Right click on the item > select 'Bookmark item(s)' -or- use the Alt+I shortcut key on the currently selected item(s). Bookmarks are viewable in the ML. You can select the Bookmarks view, near the bottom of the left pane.

Read the Stickies
Old 18th January 2008, 02:29   #9
RknRusty

Re: Radio staions(halp mew find themz)

Quote:
Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee
AOL radio is nice but a bit repetitive, where do all the good radio stations hide online? I like alt,rock hard and metal and older country music(50-90s) I really like a good variety, I don't mind soft rock or rap.

Thanks for the help!

PS:If I is posting wrong mod mew kindly :P
A couple of my favorites are www.xrmradio.com - alternative rock, www.1.fm has some kickass stations, and http://www.bellyup4blues.com/. I get them from Shoutcast.
RknRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 09:50   #10
hysteria123

Quote:
Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in India (your IP address appears to be 59.94.194.125). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at
Why does music have boundaries?
hysteria123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 15:17   #11
midiwriter

I love winamp's online radio offerings! It seems that many Winamp users ignore this great feature...and it is so easy! I try to get all my friends to listen and it seems that most won't bother...I wonder why...
midiwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 16:54   #12
ZippyDSMlee

Quote:
Originally posted by hysteria123
Why does music have boundaries?
because he RIAA/Media mafia wants to nickel and dime you to death and still only give 20% of it to the artist.... I hope EMI the smallest member of the RIAA drops them...

=============================

midiwriter
Frankly I been ignoring winamp altogether its a bloated nightmare,I've only recently come back to it and so far is not bad :P
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion