Old 9th September 2015, 02:35   #1
jamus28

Biggest clean skin for high-res touchscreen monitors

Hi all, decade long winamp pro user here. Winamp 5 is running great on my news windows 10 laptop, except the buttons and song info are still too darn small at 1080p. I have searched for DAYS to find a solution. Many download links are offline.
Closest to what I want, but still far too small:
Big Bento
Cpro__Bento
Cpro2_Styler_touchscreen_by_victhor

"Window scaling" is usually butt-ugly and buggy. I know about text scaling, which also makes song info ugly.

I'm looking for GIANT buttons and current song info under or over a media library. I have seen this in some over-stylized futuristic skins, but I want the clean simple style of bento, just bigger!!

Any ideas?
Thanks!
jamus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 06:51   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

This has been asked several times lately.
I'm currently doing (adapting? modding!) a skin mainly aimed to solve your kind of issue. Not everything is GIANT like you say but is fairly more usable than my "Styler touchscreen".
Playlist being the hardest to solve, the original skin had an alternate version with less functions but quite more usable in touch-ready screens (I think it even lets you scroll the list by swipping up-down. Will know when I release it, right now I'm working on a non-touchscreen PC -maybe not for long..-).

Head to the specific post to see some screens to see what I'm talking about: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=381303 (updated just now - see last post)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 17:19   #3
jamus28

Thanks Victhor for your work. I'm looking forward.

I'm not looking for anything even so fancy. Just a version of cpro2 with bigger buttons and bigger song ticker/progress. Text scaling makes the playlist and library large enough on most skins.

Regarding a bug in cpro2_styler: The scroll bar is completely invisible on most of the included color themes.
jamus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 21:04   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

In the meantime you can check these skins with slightly bigger buttons (bigger than Bento I think):
cPro2 Minimal
cPro2 HOLOlike
Nitrous Glass / Nitrous Audio (kind of ugly for my taste.. but quite usable on small screens)
Arby fullscreen (just found it...pretty simple skin, sort of in the same line as Nitrous)

About that cPro2 scrollbars.. You're right, it was a limitation at the time because the background of the scrollbars is on the same "color group" as the buttons on top of it, so I usually had to choose if I want it to look good or visible... let's say the struggle left my inner designer winning for a bit.. XD
Now that cPro2 development is kind of frozen, sooner or later I would like to fix that, even if it means releasing my own version of cPro2...
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins